Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Giant Killing
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
Wish they showed us more of the match between the regulars and substitutes. Isn't that what a sports anime is for...?!

Also, the OST in this series is kind of... awkward. It doesn't seem appropriate at times.

stAtic91 said:
The main reason I like it is definitely Tatsumi.

^
Mar 7, 2015 5:16 PM

Aug 2011
I'm rather disappointed by this series so far. The characters are okay but I want the sport aspects to be more engaging. The ETU regulars came off as incredibly lame. As professional athletes they really shouldn't get that tired so quickly and chasing the ball around mindlessly was a dim witted move. I don't know too much about soccer but I hope the tactics get much more complex than this.
Apr 25, 2015 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
^I don't understand why you complain, isn't it the reason why Tatsumi came to this team?

I think this way the coach will make Murakoshi come out of his shell and make him play without any burdens or cares. The animation is still slow, that's why it doesn't get me excited but I'm looking forward to more.
Jul 26, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
The dub sucks.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 16, 2015 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
heh, murakoshi's pride was destroyed
Nov 27, 2015 8:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Subs humiliated the starters. They couldn't even run lol

Self practice?

Dec 14, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
very enjoyable so far :D Tatsumi is a cool character

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 15, 2016 4:49 PM
Aug 2014
Lucid_Yume said:
I'm an avid soccer(Football:P) player, and I found this show, or rather the tactics, to be somewhat disappointing. Actually, I'm just disappointed with the show right now in general, even 2 episodes in. The animation certainly is poor, but can be looked past. However, the action scenes just don't capture the feel of a game, and everything is lacking in an impact.

As for Tatsumi's coaching skill, I know confidence means alot, but that and physical fitness are not enough to pull out a game. Experience and skill is what really wins, not necessarily mobility. If the any real group of starters would knock the crap out a bunch of young subs, skill-wise and physically. And you are a piss-poor athlete if you are that tired after running for only thirty minutes. ETU must have some really crappy players to have such a thing happen. But when going against real competition with these promoted 'subs', they should get slaughtered. In soccer, experience and skill is a greater factor than being fit; and the other teams will have fit and experienced players.

Tatsumi's got to have something better up his sleeve, or this is going to be one long season of another unrealistic sports anime. These tactics might work in another sport, but certainly don't fit into a real soccer atmosphere.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to type all that. Thoroughly agree.
Aug 17, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2007
i have some speculations about tatsumi's decisions about his commend team, but they truth were much better.

i understand myurakushi feeling but tatsumi's intentions are clear by the end of the episode, i also liked how he answered him.

i read comments here saying the anime isn't delivering enough action, but i think it's alright, it's like this in every sport anime with strong plot, like hajime no ippo, the beginning always will be slow, and i see it in major killing too.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 5 Discussion

throwaway513846 - May 2, 2010

45 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 16 Discussion

helur - Jul 18, 2010

28 by cableguyjay »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 17 Discussion

BitchMaster - Jul 25, 2010

29 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Mar 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kagura89 - Apr 4, 2010

99 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Giant Killing Episode 19 Discussion

devilangell - Aug 8, 2010

38 by Shiroko_kun »»
Oct 7, 2022 12:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.