Forum Settings
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2022 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
12 thousand years is a crazy amount of time. Touta is talking a lot more like an immortal with his perception of time.

I'm going to really miss this series.
Feb 8, 2022 9:42 PM

Jul 2016
Such a trainwreck lol. This is basically Negima's last chapter all over again.

Aside of how goddamn rushed the last 10 chapters was, there's so many stuffs left unexplained at the end. The fact the ending revealed that the entire manga was taken place in a completely different timeline than the other three timelines we learned from Negima just make things even worse than it actually was. What's the point of even drawing this in the first place if it has almost nothing to do with Negima?

I don't even want to care about those 8 extra pages that will included in Vol. 28 after reading this chapter. I don't think even those 8 pages would enough to save this manga from it's disasters.

Overall: 4/10.
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 9, 2022 3:14 AM
Feb 8, 2022 11:20 PM
May 2020
It was a funny and enjoyable journey
The ending wasn’t that good I feel like he rushed the end of the story
gonna miss Yukihime and Kuroumaru
Feb 9, 2022 4:28 AM
Oct 2015
I got the harem ending I always wanted, so this ending really satisfied me, I don't care about anything else
Feb 9, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2017
Even though this manga became such a massive clusterfuck, the biggest I've encountered since Air Gear in 2017 while reading it on the school bus rides back and forth, I'm gonna still miss this series. Had loads of memories reading Negima in the bus and UQ Holder there too with this being one of the first ongoing manga I've read, and then keeping up with it from high school to me being an adult whose been in uni for quite some years now. It's a bad manga objectively but it's one I'm going to lowkey miss and treasure regardless of the bullshit.
Feb 9, 2022 5:48 PM
Jan 2018
My childhood best friend that I met after all those years put me on to this manga. I speed read it to catch up and have been reading since probably 2015. I think the mangaka told a nice story. Not an amazing story, but a perfectly serviceable one. Plus this is the only harem story I ever read/watched where everything was consumated with everyone. So the manga is an 8/10 for me. I have no desire to read Negima and I'm not gonna recommend this manga to anyone, but it was a nice time while it lasted. And it had a nice enough ending.
Feb 10, 2022 2:13 AM

Feb 2016
It's a okay manga.

Nothing to add to Negima Lore, but fun to read.

7/10

Anywhere in the Galaxy
Feb 11, 2022 9:22 AM
Mar 2015
After all this time he still loves her and waited 12k years for her
Feb 16, 2022 6:09 AM

Feb 2010
We've reached the end. This manga had such highs... but such lows, too. The good bits (the kitty arc with its ideas being still the peak of the story IMO) were so damn interesting and great, the start was a very interesting concept and a very fun idea... but the bad parts, my God, some of the worst I've seen in my years of reading manga. This went from an easy 9 to an 8 in just a few dozens chapters, then kept going from 3 to 7 back and forth; and the ending? I feel 4/10 is the best I can give the final climax. It became boring, confusing, nothing made sense anymore, constant skips- and I sadly knew this would be Negima's ending 2.0, with a not satisfying time skip, half-said truths, confusing things that totally happened in the time skip that would've been infinitely more interesting to see...
And despite being a Yukihime fan on the Tota*Yukihime ship, the way this was handled was beyond terrible, even because they lost ALL chemistry and never had time together again. A harem-ish ending for immortals makes sense, but... yuck. Not done like this.

The whole ending chapter felt... boring. The resolution for the final boss that has been a menace for not one but two whole manga was done in so dirty, Ialdabaoth was given no fair treatment or role or space- her own personality just disappeared long before and was just a puppet to have others act in her place until they'd just slice her up.

Overall, this is 5.5/10. I'll give it 6 thanks to the nice feelings it gave me when the manga had its highs. That kitty arc when Tota first trained against Diana... that is some of my favorite bits of all times. I feel like that was the heart of the manga. Sure, time-space shenanigans are confusing and risk ruining things (and wouldn't you know, the whole parallel universes and time stuff totally ruined the small bit of sense we had over which version of the NegimaHolder-verse we were in), but what was done in that arc was light and well-thought. Totally not like the ending. A train wreck is less messy than what happened with UQ Holder. What a pity..

Oh. And Chao reappearing just for one chapter is idiotic. So is she what, the Tota of the Negima's version of the world? And how does this all relate to the Real World where our isekai'd immortal returned to? This was all such a mess... I had hopes for something way more mature and with Akamatsu holding back way less, the first chapter was so great, the kitty part so nice...
But no, I should've known this would've been even worse than Negima at the end.
6/10 is the best I can give this and, honestly, while I would like to have more of the good UQ Holder, I won't miss this, I'm glad it's over. No more reading this shit.
Working on~
Feb 19, 2022 9:22 AM

Apr 2019
Well, I think a nice ending for what it's worth. Still some plot holes here and there. Also can't deny that I somehow enjoyed bits of outer space trivia presented on certain chapters.

With this ended, I think Akamatsu sensei can now fully focus on being a politician.
Feb 27, 2022 6:42 PM

Mar 2008
it was a great way to end the things... they even blow the moon!! but why is still marked as on-going?
Mar 1, 2022 9:30 AM

Dec 2018
kleinerwolf said:
it was a great way to end the things... they even blow the moon!! but why is still marked as on-going?

I know right? Let's see how long it will take lol
Mar 15, 2022 6:09 PM

Jul 2011
To be fair the manga does not deserve more the 5/10 because of the writing.
Don't get me wrong I liked the story, the art, the characters and all. The ending too was satisfying and I could not possibly ask for more. It was perfect.
Still my final score is 9/10 because I really enjoyed it. Just the writing was hella bad.
If Akamatsu-sensei's writing style was different, then it could have been a MASTERPIECE.
Sadly, we can't have it all. :/
Apr 9, 2022 1:20 AM

Aug 2015
What a crap ending to a crap manga. Can't believe it's made by the harem manga legend Akamatsu sensei who had done great works like love Hina and negima

Everything about it was bad, characters (except for negima ones) story,power level etc, especially the MC.

Good riddance!!
Apr 15, 2023 12:13 AM

Mar 2008
I was satisfied with the ending. It was significantly better than the ending Negima gave me which was totally rushed and didn't explain anything that happened. I'm sitting between a 7/8 for it.
Dec 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
uq holder! more like uk hodler. because those brexiters won't paperhand their crypto anytime soon. witchcraft and sorcery starts at the blockchain level as illustrated by this revealing ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 150 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 149 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 7:07 AM

» Ending

Radtoter - Apr 24, 2022

13 by Radtoter »»
Dec 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 184 Discussion

zkl_ - Jun 8, 2021

15 by otakukid »»
Dec 3, 2022 11:14 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 182 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Apr 8, 2021

9 by otakukid »»
Nov 13, 2022 10:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.