Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2022 9:42 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
I know that it had some issues some time ago and thought it's gonna shut down but it survived. However, I've noticed that they haven't included the new changes regarding genres in its achievements, nor have they added the achievement about watching 2022 anime and we're already February.

So, is it still maintained in any way? Is it expected to add new achievements and/or keep up to date with MAL changes or is it on life support?
Mar 6, 2022 5:24 PM

Jun 2007
I can't speak for the long-term future of the site, but the 2022 achievement has now been added. And while new genres like "Gourmet" haven't been added, the old genre achievements mal-badges have always worked with the new genre names on MAL, e.g. "Avant Garde" titles count for "Dementia," and "Suspense" titles count for "Thriller." So it seems as though the site isn't quite dead, though we should be on the lookout for further messages from the site owner and calls for donations, should they become necessary.
Mar 6, 2022 5:37 PM

Sep 2008
I really wish there were director and studio specific challenges, been wondering if it's possible to make it happen.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Nov 26, 2022 3:45 AM

Feb 2010
yep its dead :c

i need more letters for this comment to be accepted
Nov 26, 2022 4:04 AM

Nov 2019
Who cares about MAL anyways, let alone MAL-badges? This shite could go south the next day and people would just go to anilist.co.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 26, 2022 4:35 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
My sources have informed me that it's penaldo and pessi who are behind this..

Nov 26, 2022 4:52 AM

May 2018
Yeah, just recently noticed that my signature doesn't work anymore and sends to some lousy anime website instead.
RIP, I guess.
Nemo_NiemandNov 26, 2022 5:03 AM

Nov 26, 2022 5:07 AM

Nov 2018
The guy who's taken over the site has now used it to advertise his own anime DB site, and will only do badges until 2025.

Someone needs to take the site off from him and take control and regularly update and even improve and add on to the current badges.

Edit: I just checked. FFS. Whoever that guy is just ruined MAL badges
_cjessop19_Nov 26, 2022 5:11 AM

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Nov 26, 2022 5:12 AM

Mar 2021
_cjessop19_ said:
The guy who's taken over the site has now used it to advertise his own anime DB site, and will only do badges until 2025.

Someone needs to take the site off from him and take control and regularly update and even improve and add on to the current badges.

The whole site is dead now and just redirects you to his DB site
Nov 27, 2022 1:18 AM

Mar 2021
_cjessop19_ said:

Whoever that guy is just ruined MAL badges.
I don't even know how you're supposed to use badges with the new site. Or are you not?

Nov 27, 2022 1:26 AM

Nov 2018
MeanMrMusician said:
_cjessop19_ said:

Whoever that guy is just ruined MAL badges.
I don't even know how you're supposed to use badges with the new site. Or are you not?

That new site won't be ready in months if that guy is the only one doing the development.

Check out this suggestion post, I'm offering an alternative solution to MAL Badges: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059852

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Nov 27, 2022 1:47 AM

Jun 2007
MeanMrMusician said:
There is a "badges" section under one's user profile, but at least for me, it isn't displaying very accurate information at the moment.

More topics from this board

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

22 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 3 hours ago

11 by Dumb »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 11 hours ago

34 by RobertBobert »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by PostMahouShoujo »»
9 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

59 by Archfiend836 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.