Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2022 4:15 AM

Nov 2016
Kozuki_0den said:
FMmatron said:

It definitely makes you think. A few things have to be kept mind. I already mentioned the difference between Doflamingo and Big Mom. The next opponent doesn't necessarily have to be the stronger one or that gives you bigger trouble. Crocodile and Enel were more powerful than Lucci in the grand scheme of things. They had OP devil fruits, but Lucci is a close combat powerhouse who gave Luffy more trouble. Luffy was used to overpower his opponents physically, he hasn't faced an opponent like that before. Enel's lightning powers were useless dirsctly aimed at Luffy. Mr.1 can't do shit to Buggy. Luffy had a hard time to overcome the Biscuit Soldiers. Zoro or Doflamingo could've cut their way through them, I imagine. So yeah, there are favorable match, ones that leave you at a disadvantage and all inbetween. I think this makes power dynamics in One Piece interesting.

Now the major difference between Luffy and Law in this case is that Luffy was already in a good starting position. Law wore out Doflamingo and wounded him badly with his Gamma Knife, true. But Luffy absolutely mopped him once he went Fourth Gear. He was barely able to fight back. This didn't do Law's rep any favors. Furthermore, we saw Luffy evolving even beyond that during Whole Cake Island. Law on the other hand didn't do shit on screen. The contrast here is sharp. One could argue that he did some training or had some techniques up his sleeve that wouldn't have worked on Doffy. The latter sounds plausible. I don't think there's a point in trying fancy moves which require so much stamina that wouldn't have worked on Doffy anyway; Big Mom is an easier target and he had Kid on his side. The training argument isn't as potent. I mean, telling it to yourself doesn't carry the same weight as seeing it firsthand.

All things considered I think Big Mom's defeat at the hand of two characters of the caliber of Kid and Law is within reason.
You have my respect

You are on of those true fans that read One Piece with 100% passion and not just "fanboying" and bitching about the story 24/7

It's rare not to waste my time reading useless arguments on this shitty website , but idk why your arguments are just too valid and i'm glad i read all of them

Thanks for the kind compliment

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 5, 2022 6:03 AM

Jul 2012
FMmatron said:
Morcombe1990 said:
First of all the fight was great but this is a massive letdown.

Big Mom has been built up for a decade as a major rival to Luffy so to have her lose to other characters is disappointing.

Then we have the problem of OTHER characters actually beating a yonkou BEFORE Luffy has done so, thats a poor choice narratively, if they have to win then it should have been AFTER Luffy had taken down Kaido, because now Luffy's victory will be much less impressive considering kaido has taken damage from the scabbards, yamato and the supernova whie Big Mom has only taken damage from Law and Kid, two characters who have failed to split the heavens.

This makes Luffy look so bad comparatively since Big Mom and Kaido are suppsoed to be equals and thats what disappoints me most about this chapter.
Law and Kid didnt need to split the heavens, they didnt need advanced conquerers haki or ryou but Luffy needed all of that plus major help from FIFTEEN other characters to beat Kaido.

A few things you might want to consider.

- narratively it makes sense to wrap up this fight first, since Kaido is the main antagonist of Wano and should fall last.
- their fight took place simultaneously and word will reach the world that the WG alliance has taken down the Yonkou alliance. At the end of the day it's a combined effort, but I guess the World Government will single out Luffy again because he already enjoys special status.
- he beat Big Mom during Whole Cake Island...well at least Morgans sold it to the world as her loss. So he already got his credit there.
- Unlike Kid(applying force and pressure) Law(attacks her insides), who found other ways to hurt these monsters, Luffy actually needed advanced armament and conquerors coating to do something. He's a brawler and his standard haki punches weren't able to overcome the Yonkou's hard skin.
- It also makes sense to expand Luffy's haki skills. He has a talent for it and was fortunate to have two teachers, but it's by no means a requirement to be a top tier fighter. It's still a nice to have, will probably come handy and underlines Luffy's MC status. I mean the scene when he used it was epic xD

Just my two cents.

Danpmss said:

While that would definitely be true regarding whether she can extend her life with it, using it to cure her bones is not exactly out of question... unless, of course, the bones count as "corpse", and therefore she would need to use source soul power to do her thing, indeed.

We seen her healing back to live her once souless son only with his own soul being reinjected before, after all, it's more than evidence enough that at the very least injecting souls into the original body can be done as long as it's their own (even if they died like Moscato).

But then again, that only makes me imagine she will burn more or her lifespan the next chapter and heal, I really don't think this juggernaut is done yet tbh lol

Using them to create homies to do the job for her while she heals is also not out of question for now. I guess I really just want to see more of Big Mom kicking ass or something HUE

But as the guy above said, it just feels like it was too easy, considering how much of a combined effort Kaido has been up to this point in comparison.

It's her bones, so bones count as "people" in this case?

Putting the soul back in the owners body works since body and soul belong together. And the owner was technically, never really dead and therefore it didn't count as corpse after the soul got extracted. But I wouldn't really call it healing, she just put the soul back to where it belonged.

Burning her own life span would of course be a possibility, unless she doesn't have enough to spare anymore. Then she would have to sacrifice her three main homies. Napoleon, Prometheus and Hera.

I feel you, though. As much as I'm happy for Kid and Law, it's kinda hard to come to terms with her defeat. Everything speaks for it, but I need the confirmation.

Ah, don't mind the first point, it was just me pointing out that this healing ability thing didn't really come out of nowhere like many are saying around.

Anyway, since she still has homies to recharge (well remembered), I guess she really isn't out yet, we are probably going to see a StrawHat or more finish the job, which to me sounds really exciting compared to her just falling now.

Let's hope for more Big Mom badassery to come!
Feb 5, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2016
Danpmss said:
FMmatron said:

A few things you might want to consider.

- narratively it makes sense to wrap up this fight first, since Kaido is the main antagonist of Wano and should fall last.
- their fight took place simultaneously and word will reach the world that the WG alliance has taken down the Yonkou alliance. At the end of the day it's a combined effort, but I guess the World Government will single out Luffy again because he already enjoys special status.
- he beat Big Mom during Whole Cake Island...well at least Morgans sold it to the world as her loss. So he already got his credit there.
- Unlike Kid(applying force and pressure) Law(attacks her insides), who found other ways to hurt these monsters, Luffy actually needed advanced armament and conquerors coating to do something. He's a brawler and his standard haki punches weren't able to overcome the Yonkou's hard skin.
- It also makes sense to expand Luffy's haki skills. He has a talent for it and was fortunate to have two teachers, but it's by no means a requirement to be a top tier fighter. It's still a nice to have, will probably come handy and underlines Luffy's MC status. I mean the scene when he used it was epic xD

Just my two cents.

It's her bones, so bones count as "people" in this case?

Putting the soul back in the owners body works since body and soul belong together. And the owner was technically, never really dead and therefore it didn't count as corpse after the soul got extracted. But I wouldn't really call it healing, she just put the soul back to where it belonged.

Burning her own life span would of course be a possibility, unless she doesn't have enough to spare anymore. Then she would have to sacrifice her three main homies. Napoleon, Prometheus and Hera.

I feel you, though. As much as I'm happy for Kid and Law, it's kinda hard to come to terms with her defeat. Everything speaks for it, but I need the confirmation.

Ah, don't mind the first point, it was just me pointing out that this healing ability thing didn't really come out of nowhere like many are saying around.

Anyway, since she still has homies to recharge (well remembered), I guess she really isn't out yet, we are probably going to see a StrawHat or more finish the job, which to me sounds really exciting compared to her just falling now.

Let's hope for more Big Mom badassery to come!

Although, it would rob Kid and Law of some of their glory, I can't say that I wouldn't welcome and love to see more Straw Hat action. Many of them would benefit from it. Jinbe and Franky still got the most left in their tank, excluding Brook. Chopper didn't get to shine as a fighter. Nami finished off a weakened Ulti, more of her wouldn't hurt. Robin and Brook were on the run, but Izou is currently dealing with their problem. Whether he's successful or not, Marco is still around too. Usopp is already on a mission with Kinemon and needs the feat the most. What about Yamato after she has stopped the Kazenbo? We'll see. The fight doesn’t have to take place immediately after this chapter.

Such a scenario isn't all that far fetched and would please most factions. Kid and Law had their feat by technically defeating Big Mom. Big Mom didn't go down that easily(the haters will hate her regardless). Those disappointed by the Straw Hats get their treat. It's not the most desirable outcome for everyone, but it's quasi the best of all worlds. In any case, I expect to see a gathering of the Mugiwara's soon.
FMmatronFeb 11, 2022 7:20 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 5, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
I think the real MVP here and the one who damaged Big Mom is Law. Kid here is just doing brute force attack that's barely scratch Big Mom, at least with his current level. Kid need to power up like Luffy, or learn to coat his attack like Law to give real damage to Pirate on a Yonkou caliber.
Feb 5, 2022 8:24 PM

Mar 2016
I am really loving all the new attack moves that we see from Big Mom, Kid and Law. Big Mom should've really utilized her DF powers more, instead of giving life to a bunch of random furniture, she should've given a ton of life to a section of a building or something to create a giant golem, but her Misery is actually one of her coolest use of her DF. Aside from DF her flame-focused sabre is pretty sick, imagine her using Ikoku Sovereignty with that!

Alas the old shall fall as the new rise to take the throne, Law is back with his overly insane move, admittedly seeing Big Mom smack him rapidly as he stood above her was kinda hilarious, but nevertheless, the resulting damage Law did to Big Mom was real, followed up to be what I consider to be the coolest goddamn attack by Kid. No more mecha, no more bulls, it's a straight-up gun... RAIL GUN, this beast of weaponry that struck fear in many of the World's modern armies. What a fitting way for Kid to dish the last move to defeat Big Mom, I'd say that while her defeat is pretty quick, due to the fact that she isn't the main focus for many chapters, it was pretty satisfactory.

Feb 6, 2022 2:29 AM

Aug 2018
Well this fight might’ve finaly reached conclusion that is a defeat of Yonko, of course kinda controversial at least how I heard it from the community but I still like it that these two characters weren’t thrown to side and got all those amazing moments like Luffy and Zoro.

Big Mom really felt like she was weakened all the time and her fall definitely doesn’t make me feel like Law and Kid are as strong as admirals. Yes both of them could probably beat an admiral but as an individual they are close to luffy in terms of power scaling.

Really great chapter, of course had all the potential in the world to be truly phenomenal but lets see what happens in future chapters
Feb 6, 2022 11:50 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, a whole chapter dedicated to one fight instead of most pages being used to give small bits of information about what is happening with other characters and then only showing the main fight in the last pages of the chapter. I feel like it has been a long time since the last time Oda did it.
Maybe Big Mom will rise again, but I hope it doesn't happen; I hope this is in fact the end of the fight and in the next chapter the narrator will state that Kid and Law are the winners.
Although I liked to see their finishing moves, to be honest I found the whole situation a bit unsatisfying, because if Big Mom goes down it will be because two pirates of the worst generation cooperated to defeated her, and not because any of them really surpassed the Yonkou, so, other than it being a necessary step to win the war, the fight was somehow pointless if after it Big Mom will remain as the stronger pirate.
This wouldn't be the case if it were a fight to death, which would mean that Big Mom would die in the end of it if she lost, so it wouldn't matter whether or not she was stronger when alive, but considering this is One Piece, Big Mom has a very small chance of dying, so she will just sleep for some time, and when he wakes up she will still be stronger than Law and Kid.
The only way I can see it bearing some fruit is if Big Mom is arrested by the world government; In this case she will still be stronger, but not as an active pirate, so she won't count anymore.

But, of course, defeating Big Mom now, even if just momentarily, is important anyway to make sure that she doesn't interfere with Luffy's one on one fight with Kaidou, which is what matters the most in the war.
I guess it would be nice to see Kid or Law defeating Big Mom alone to give it a better impression that they are Luffy's rivals who stand on the same level, but I understand how it's relevant for Luffy to be the first to beat a Yonkou on his own due to the fact that he is the protagonist; Luffy beating Kaidou alone wouldn't be as satisfying if another pirate of the worst generation had already been able to beat a Yonkou alone as well.
And anyway I can see how Oda can make their rivalry keep making sense by making it so that Luffy suffers more to beat Kaidou than Kid and Law did to beat Big Mom.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 6, 2022 5:28 PM

Nov 2010
Really disappointing that we didn't get to see any use of advanced CoC or DF Awakening by Big Mom in this fight, assuming that it is actually over with this. The arc has dragged on for way too long at this point though.
Feb 6, 2022 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
This was a badass fight. I can't wait to see it animated.
Feb 6, 2022 11:24 PM
Jul 2021
i will not mess with law damn
Feb 7, 2022 6:07 AM
Jan 2018
The differences in powers amongst characters makes One Piece interesting, but I just can't see how a guy who can make an island sized teleportation space would lose to Luffy. At least as Luffy is now.

Puncture Wille was an amazing attack. I wonder how much it hurts when you get hit with that level of attack. The real question though is if Law will have what it takes to bring down Shanks in the end.

I wish Big Mom's invulnerability was explained. It would both make the fight more interesting as well as reveal more about her as a character. We know quite a bit about Big Mom now, but her permanent Tekkai is just something she just kinda has. I'm hoping Oda will drop an actual reveal about her power origins someday.

Even without her crew and her Devil Fruit, I doubt 98% of the Marines could handle killing her or keeping her captured. I'm very interested in how the Yonkou will change after the Wano Arc is completed.

Feb 7, 2022 1:57 PM
Dec 2008
Man, that was frickin' lit 🔥
Feb 7, 2022 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
In all honesty, if this is the end of Big Mom I will be so disappointed. The hype scale that Oda gave us with the big Emperors was too big to simply end things like this and even for Kaidou it's far from looking great. It's the problem when we want things to look more "real" with injuries, death and things are just always the same without any real change. I wish we would see just Big Mom make Kid and Law disappear, Law it's already horrible that didn't die with Flamingo, now putting him to end Big Mom it's just bad.
I love Oda in the way that he creates characters and makes the world develop where our curiosity can increase for years every week, but the death theme and battles were always so poor (exception for Marineforn) that I'm even considering going my 10. I've been massively disappointed with all the defeats Kaidou and his men are having recently.
Feb 10, 2022 7:59 AM
Jul 2016

Look at that, a Fairy Tail fan having higher standards than Op fans.......its not that suprising honestly.
Feb 11, 2022 1:28 AM

Aug 2019
Law and Kid work amazingly together

And I’m still anticipating Momo’s adult appearances
Feb 11, 2022 2:33 AM

Nov 2018
SinOfSlothKing said:

Look at that, a Fairy Tail fan having higher standards than Op fans.......its not that suprising honestly.

I think it really is hilarious how someone who has not even read 1/10th of One Piece is this obsessed with hating on it. Now you are desperately searching for even slightly negative comments to talk your trash. LOL Dude, you will never be taken seriously here by anyone because everybody knows that you have literally zero credibility and have shown time and time again that your arguments are nonsensical. You have been dismantled time and time again and made a mockery out of yourself time and time again. But keep trying your best, you are nothing but a clown show at this point that is mildy amusing to look at from the sidelines.
Feb 11, 2022 7:23 AM

Nov 2016
anilogXoXo said:
SinOfSlothKing said:

I think it really is hilarious how someone who has not even read 1/10th of One Piece is this obsessed with hating on it. Now you are desperately searching for even slightly negative comments to talk your trash. LOL Dude, you will never be taken seriously here by anyone because everybody knows that you have literally zero credibility and have shown time and time again that your arguments are nonsensical. You have been dismantled time and time again and made a mockery out of yourself time and time again. But keep trying your best, you are nothing but a clown show at this point that is mildy amusing to look at from the sidelines.

He will throw shades at One Piece fans for the rest of his childhood.

P.S.: The guy he quoted has OP but not Fairy Tail in his favorites. Yet another blunder caused by a painful hate boner. Being So desperately horny is the arch-enemy of rationality.

Feb 11, 2022 3:50 PM
Jul 2016
anilogXoXo said:

I think it really is hilarious how someone who has not even read 1/10th of One Piece is this obsessed with hating on it.

Ah yes, i post sometimes about OP once every month or so, and that makes me obsessed in the mind of the Echo chamber Boys....sure dude.
Mar 6, 2022 5:49 PM

Feb 2018
Don't tell me that the actual madlads did it? Law: Must..go..deeper kek. Kid made a damn cannon. ''Your era is over'' damn this brought goosebumps.. no way this is happening :O
Mar 24, 2022 5:27 AM

Jun 2019
Nice... Big Mom is down for good. I think...
Apr 20, 2022 10:22 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Let's gooooo!!! The new generation is HERE.

Law is the MVP of this fight, those attacks destroying Big Mom from the inside are insane!! Kid coming in clutch too don't get me wrong.

It's SO funny watching Law and Kid work together hahaha.

I wonder if Zunesha is calling out to Momo?
Apr 20, 2022 10:27 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
PirateHasan said:
Getting clowned by Doflamingo to puncturing a hole in Big Mom, Law sure came up with some kind of power hack in 20+ days.

Haha yeah very good point!!
Jun 22, 2022 4:49 PM
Feb 2019
Damn ....
I loved this fight At least even if the fight got wrapped up in 2 chaps it makes sense Two awakened df-user supernovas almost on par with Luffy (as of now ...) Can do at least this much

Law's power is OP Though I feel like luffy's gonna be more OP but kidd got left out in this aspect LOL well it should had been like this cuz I like law way more..

Ranking the best fights that have reached their conclusion
- Kaido vs all supernova
- LawKidd vs Bigmom
- Zoro vs King
- Sanji vs Queen
- Robin vs Black maria
Nov 16, 2022 4:03 PM

Apr 2018
Law is the MVP of the fight against Big Mom! His puncture wille is just so fucking strong, it even managed to create a giant cater throughout the whole building right into the fucking ground. Big Mom is probably going to fall through the hole and Yamato is going to drop the bombs on her. Kid's attack was pretty cool too.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 18, 2022 7:05 AM
Mar 2022
QUE MANGÁ BOM MEO DEOS
Nov 20, 2022 4:33 AM

May 2021
Law's fucking GOATed. I'm looking forward to how much their bounties increase(Law and Kid) after Wano.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - 1 hour ago

1 by JakubG123 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

31 by Gengar_Q »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 975 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 20, 2020

32 by _MI_lk_ »»
Apr 13, 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.