Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In the Land of Leadale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2022 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
The East meets the West in the Land of Leadale? Anything goes in Helshper a.k.a Windmill City, especially in the trading company Sakaiya.

Mai-Mai has children??? Caerick is quite the grandson to call Cayna "Grandmother", which aside from being proud, is low-key offensive for a first impression. Even worse...there's the older twin grand-daughter Caerina, which thankfully is a lot more grounded than Caerick. Cayna's family tree is some fiery burn of a comedy gag for sure, which the Mother Dearest always douses others in a frenzy. Fix that immaturity.

It's back to quests...and it's all the same bandit clearing business, except that Cayna's objective is the Guardian Towers to see if any players left behind their treasure, case in point the Crescent Moon Castle. Unfortunately, these are all hidden behind bandit lands, and Caerick's business kept Cayna working. The extra benefit of using Veldocancer the crab as transport earns her a bragging point, but when it comes to frontal battles, she doesn't want to be in the spotlight lest bandits are beginning to be aware of her presence.

Facing off against regenerating rock golems will be the test of Caerina and her forces, but not to worry, that was all a teaching lesson for Cayna as this assault will be their lesson instead with switching roles.

Dropping into decent territory...
KANLen09Feb 2, 2022 7:52 AM
Feb 2, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2020
Nice. Another giant crab. We already saw one in Sabikui Bisco.

Well, this was an average episode IMO. To be honest, I'm starting to lose interest in this show, but I'm still here for Cayna.
Feb 2, 2022 7:05 AM
Jul 2021
Man I usually like her character but she is SUCH a bitch to her family for no reason. Dude is like trying to set her up with a nice place and she blasted EVERYONE even the nice demi human. After she said that nice thing last week or the week before about being happy about having a "family" even though she treats them like garbage. I guess I understand the crazy brother with the flowers because he's over the top but don't punch him lol.

I thought the 200 year old nickname was just because she kills players but maybe she was a biatch back then too
Feb 2, 2022 7:22 AM

Nov 2017
Oh my, Cayna's family tree is bigger than I thought!~ She must have fun reprimanding not only her children, but grandkids as well! (((φ(◎ロ◎;)φ)))
Feb 2, 2022 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
DKDiabloLicht said:
Man I usually like her character but she is SUCH a bitch to her family for no reason. Dude is like trying to set her up with a nice place and she blasted EVERYONE even the nice demi human. After she said that nice thing last week or the week before about being happy about having a "family" even though she treats them like garbage. I guess I understand the crazy brother with the flowers because he's over the top but don't punch him lol.

I thought the 200 year old nickname was just because she kills players but maybe she was a biatch back then too
see it from her POV. She got a shock of her lifetime (till now) and then the guy insults her way of life to her face. She's immature but she is not fully at fault. She's still a 17 yo sheltered girl who was paralysed for most of her life.
Feb 2, 2022 7:31 AM
Jul 2021
anirudhtsuki said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

see it from her POV. She got a shock of her lifetime (till now) and then the guy insults her way of life to her face. She's immature but she is not fully at fault. She's still a 17 yo shektersedy girl who was paralysed for most of her life

Yeah I guess, I know it's mostly played for humor but this is real now isn't it? It's not a video game anymore, these are real people with real feelings who think/know that you are their mom/Grandma! Especially in that world all alone with everyone you know probably dead(and as someone who has mo family basically) I'd definitely be hanging on to people that consider me family and care about me.
Feb 2, 2022 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Serafos said:
Nice. Another giant crab. We already saw one in Sabikui Bisco.

Well, this was an average episode IMO. To be honest, I'm starting to lose interest in this show, but I'm still here for Cayna.
best part is yet to come. If you are going to drop it, do it after the next episode.
Feb 2, 2022 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
DKDiabloLicht said:
anirudhtsuki said:
see it from her POV. She got a shock of her lifetime (till now) and then the guy insults her way of life to her face. She's immature but she is not fully at fault. She's still a 17 yo shektersedy girl who was paralysed for most of her life

Yeah I guess, I know it's mostly played for humor but this is real now isn't it? It's not a video game anymore, these are real people with real feelings who think/know that you are their mom/Grandma! Especially in that world all alone with everyone you know probably dead(and as someone who has mo family basically) I'd definitely be hanging on to people that consider me family and care about me.
you saw her, right? She is a free spirited. For now she only cares about the village and propritess. She does care about her children but not as nearly as lit and inn keeper. You won't see her motherly side till the third act, that's when she turns into Mother bear.
Feb 2, 2022 7:54 AM
Jul 2021
anirudhtsuki said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

you saw her, right? She is a free spirited. For now she only cares about the village and propritess. She does care about her children but not as nearly as lit and inn keeper. You won't see her motherly side till the third act, that's when she turns into Mother bear.

Nice well I look forward to that. I keep forgetting that she's actually really young.
Feb 2, 2022 7:54 AM
Jun 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:

yeah i don't know why she's acting so cold towards her family like??? But whatever, i think they wanted to do this for comedy sake but they didn't think it through?
Feb 2, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
Issei_Ddraig said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

yeah i don't know why she's acting so cold towards her family like??? But whatever, i think they wanted to do this for comedy sake but they didn't think it through?

Yeah, Someone reminded me that shes young and also since she didn't actually birth them maybe it'll take a bit for her to have a legit bond with them.
Feb 2, 2022 8:11 AM
Sep 2015
Episode that no one dies is the best, always the best, will forever be the best.
Feb 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Dec 2020
Lol this crab reminds me of sabui bisco its the same.
How angry she can get grandmother lol thats so funny the reaction from the others.

Cool episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Feb 2, 2022 8:28 AM

Jun 2021
I love this anime and Cayna so much hahahaha

Feb 2, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode as usual. Didn't exepect they will end on a mind boggling cliffhanger, I was so looking forward to seeing Cayna fight. Despite the cliffhanger, I was glad that the episode ended coz then I got to watch and listen to the banger ED.

Cayna is the youngest looking grandmother ever. And not only her kids but her grand-kids are scared of her too lol.

Why did Mai-Mai say Cayna tears apart people limb from limb lmaoo.

I liked the little moment between the siblings there. But Mai- Mai is in trouble lmao.

I was caught so off-guard when the hot adventurer turned out to be a fucking guy in women's disguise, my feelings have been played with. Seems like they could be the antagonist or something for some time.

This episode had many funny moments too. 5/5. Looking forward to next one.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 2, 2022 8:38 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 2, 2022 8:44 AM

Dec 2016
anirudhtsuki said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

see it from her POV. She got a shock of her lifetime (till now) and then the guy insults her way of life to her face. She's immature but she is not fully at fault. She's still a 17 yo sheltered girl who was paralysed for most of her life.

It's hard to feel empathy for her for 2 big reasons imho.

1. All these people don't know she has the mental age of a 15 or 16 year old. They kinda expect her to be more mature since she's supposed to be 200 years old.

2. Even if there's a reason for her to be offended (wich there isn't since she actually is a cold hearted bitch who slayed ruthlessly a bunch of bandits under the don't on thread me philosophy) She lashed out on several people that were completely innocent when there was only one that implied she was a heartless serial killer.

She definitely feels like some teen that looks for any cheap excuse to lash out on anyone that looks at her the wrong way.

And for christ sake, don't pull out the BS that she's handicapped for most of her life as if that gives her the right to act like a total psycho because someone dissed on her.

anirudhtsuki said:

She cares more about her image first and the rest of the people secondly. She could have easily got rid of the golems before the soldiers got into the battlefield and got hurt in battle.
KimurahFeb 2, 2022 8:48 AM
Feb 2, 2022 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Kimurah said:
anirudhtsuki said:

1. All these people don't know she has the mental age of a 15 or 16 year old. They kinda expect her to be more mature since she's supposed to be 200 years old.

2. Even if there's a reason for her to be offended (wich there isn't since she actually is a cold hearted bitch who slayed ruthlessly a bunch of bandits under the don't on thread me philosophy) She lashed out on several people that were completely innocent when there was only one that implied she was a heartless serial killer.

She definitely feels like some teen that looks for any cheap excuse to lash out on anyone that looks at her the wrong way.

And for christ sake, don't pull out the BS that she's handicapped for most of her life as if that gives her the right to act like a total psycho because someone dissed on her.
all of them know her personality and capabilities. That's why Kartz was afraid of her and is very careful not to anger her. And besides all her children are just as immature when they deal with family.

They skipped the whole cake thing. She realised she was childish and made two layered cake as a peace offering to him. She was planning to apologise regardless of the castle.
Feb 2, 2022 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Kimurah said:

anirudhtsuki said:

She cares more about her image first and the rest of the people secondly. She could have easily got rid of the golems before the soldiers got into the battlefield and got hurt in battle.
she's many things but she's not what your described. She is irresponsible, immature, and a bit selfish but she won't abandon those in need. She didn't help because Caerina told her not to. In the novel Caerina was stand offish and serious unlike her brother. Plus i thnk she wanted to see how well they fight, it's a rare chance for her. Rock golem is nothing for someone like her, she's level 1100 in case you forgot. She came to help when she realised the knight were no match.
Feb 2, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2011
MC is adorable and this show is just an easy, pleasant watch.

Solid 5/5 this week, but damn i wanted to see her wipe the floor with the golems lol

Feb 2, 2022 10:14 AM
Feb 2019
Kimurah said:

Her character profile is 316 I think. It was mentioned somewhere in the anime. Her children were already quite old 200 years ago.
Anyway, her personality is what americans call a KAREN (Type of woman, who screams at low wage employees and demands manager) but here, she also got enough power to annihilate the whole country at whim and she still kinda thinks of these people as just NPCs. She never actually gave birth, she doesn't feel any bond to her supposed family, to her, they're a bunch of bots, but she is also starting to get attached to the new world, so she is always sort of switching between "Only I matter" and looking away, cause there are people being killed. Anyway, that is my analysis.

I'd say, this is actually a good opportunity to have a character developement. From an immature sociopath to someone with a large family, she will eventually bond with.

Also, how come no one in this disscusion mentioned, that she not only is a grandmother but also great-grandmother of someone, who seems to be also already an adult, so possibly even great-great-grandmother ?? I am interested to find out, how many generations had accumulated throughout the centuries.
Feb 2, 2022 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
anirudhtsuki said:

I was about to write what DKDiabloLicht said but I had completely forgotten that in reality she is still a teenager, and one sheltered with who knows how much human interactions because of her condition.
Feb 2, 2022 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
Seeing a lot of people defend Cayna in this episode. I don't care how old Cayna is; she was literally just a bitch in this episode. She got irrationally angry at her family members and others for no reason. Weakest episode so far and lets hope future episodes will be better.
Feb 2, 2022 11:15 AM

Nov 2014
Grandchildren too? Now that I think about their ages, it seems logical I guess.
Gotta admit this family gimmick and Caina's personality (yes, being an ass sometimes included) itself is what carries this show hard. As an isekai it's very average sadly.
Feb 2, 2022 11:30 AM
Feb 2020
DKDiabloLicht said:

bruh thank you. Why is she so mean and weird whenever her family shows up??!
Feb 2, 2022 11:31 AM
Nov 2018
DKDiabloLicht said:

Yeah it was my biggest complaint with the book as well. The author doesn't write much dialogue or interactions, favoring long explanations and descriptions. The anime has actually adapted every single scene with her family despite skipping other characters that she is closer with and spends more time with.

She always makes amends, but immediately runs off afterwards (which is pretty toxic). Overall she is pretty emotionally unstable, but I don't think the author intended that I think they were just trying to lean into tropes.

So yeah, I personally think the weird combination the author went with: Acting close enough to be angry, never inserting any rapport building scenes, not growing the relationship up from a base, and having Cayna feel responsible for their actions was probably the weakest part of the entire book.

I see a lot of people try to justify it based on her circumstances before reincarnation, which probably explains it but doesn't really justify it. It's too bad since I really liked the underlying concept: reincarnating into the game where all your "garrison commanders" that you forgot about are now famous political figures and all revere you.
Feb 2, 2022 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
Not just grand children, great grandchild too, since we were introduced to their child who is already a young adult so he could get his own child soon enough lol.

Also, IIRC the anime has exaggerated quite a bit how much stuff she does to others when she's mad. I don't remember the whole snowball stuff at all for example. And then, the english subtitles exaggerated how mean she is on top of it >_<".
ZefyrisFeb 2, 2022 12:19 PM
Feb 2, 2022 1:15 PM
Oct 2017
Y'know, my expectations were already low as is, I already didn't care for Cayna's interactions with her family, as I felt like she treated them like NPC's, and for a mom who hasn't seen her kids in centuries, she just approaches them like she ran into an old friend at the airport.

But this episode, OMG......first and foremost, the comedy here already wasn't that funny, ESPECIALLY when it comes to Cayna being violet towards her kids. It's hard for me to excuse it when we have Priconne S2 and Fantasy Bishoujo (AKA the genderbender isekai) airing this season, and the comedy in BOTH shows are vastly better than what we're getting here.

Secondly, how exactly are her actions and behavior even defendable? She acted like a complete Karen! Cayna irrationally lost her cool on her grandson, all because Caerick wanted to have his grandma stay at a nice room in his hotel. She could've just as easily said, "Thanks Caerick, but no thanks. I'm already staying at an inn nearby, but thanks for asking.", and left it at that!

To those of you defending this, how do you justify this? How do you even consider her behavior around her kids acceptable? Like, what kind of family do you have, what kind of enviornment are YOU living in, if a moment like Skargo barging in on her is considered funny? I get Skargo went over the top and interrupted her sleep in episode 3, but I don't think it warrants him getting punched, all for being a good son concerned for his mom.

If that's supposed to be taken for laughs, not only did the show fail in the comedy department, it also made Cayna look like an insensitive b**** around her family.
Feb 2, 2022 1:40 PM

Dec 2021
Yo what there's now two shows airing with a giant crab in!? How rare is that lmao. Also the crab walked forwards not sideways . . . Anyway I wont lie the gag of the mc being violent af to her family is kinda getting old. Still a good episode though.
Feb 2, 2022 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
anirudhtsuki said:
all of them know her personality and capabilities. That's why Kartz was afraid of her and is very careful not to anger her. And besides all her children are just as immature when they deal with family.

They skipped the whole cake thing. She realised she was childish and made two layered cake as a peace offering to him. She was planning to apologise regardless of the castle.

Whatever you're smoking or drinking, pass some, so I can see this distorted reality you're looking at.

For starters, who is this all of them? We're talking about her behaviour towards her grandsons she just met this episode and the caravan she scorted last episode. They barely know her and even if she has a history of being an entitled pyscho bitch is no reason to thread on eggshells around her.

Her children adore her mother. Like for real, no one in their right mind would catalogue them as immature just because 2 out of 3 are too clingy for a mother they haven't seen in 2 centuries.

Nice of you to ignore my point about her being handicapped in real life and how that allegedly grants her some sort of carte blanche to be a complete douchebag according to you.

Regardless what happened in the LN and it didn't happen in the anime adaptation that's a whole different story.

anirudhtsuki said:
Kimurah said:

she's many things but she's not what your described. She is irresponsible, immature, and a bit selfish but she won't abandon those in need. She didn't help because Caerina told her not to. In the novel Caerina was stand offish and serious unlike her brother. Plus i thnk she wanted to see how well they fight, it's a rare chance for her. Rock golem is nothing for someone like her, she's level 1100 in case you forgot. She came to help when she realised the knight were no match.

So, if your kid tells you they don't need help in an obvious endeavor she actually needs help and it's a life or death situation, would you think it would be wise to completely partially follow your kid's wishes? This is an obvious trick question, the actual answer is a big fat NO, specially since Cayna showed up anyways.

I see no point of you telling us about her power level when she didn't stop the golems sooner when she had the chance to avoid any damage to the unprepared setlement.
KimurahFeb 2, 2022 1:57 PM
Feb 2, 2022 2:00 PM
Jul 2021
To be honest I kinda like her being somewhat of a bitch: this show is generic enough without having a standard Isekai niceguy/gal goody two shoes protagonist as well.

I do hope her attitude comes back to bite her in the butt eventually though.
Feb 2, 2022 2:02 PM
Oct 2017
Kimurah said:
anirudhtsuki said:

anirudhtsuki said:

NTM some of her other actions.
1. We've seen Cayna barely showing reaction to her kids as they're all excited to meet her. I get Mai and Skargo are over the top, but it's been centuries since they've seen their mom, can you blame them for being so happy to see her? Even upon her interaction with Kartatz, she was talking to him like she ran into an old friend at the airport, RATHER than a son she hasn't seen in 200 years. I know elves and dwarves age differently than we humans, so 200 years might not seem like much for them, but she could've at least asked how they're doing.

2. Then she punches Skargo, which I can understand, he DID barge in on her unannounced, while she's sleeping, but I don't see how being a good son concerned for his mom warrants getting beat up. The fact people laughed at that, tells me some people never had to be concerned for their mom, or any relative, for anything more than a cold or a broke down car and in need of a ride for work. I can understand being concerned for my mom, with her going to dialysis 3 days a week and going back and forth to the hospital because of declining health before she sadly passed last September at 83. I don't recall getting punched once.

3. You know she STILL treats this world like a game, if she's willing to change Skargo's personality. NTM, she's taking her family for granted.

4. If she didn't want to stay in a luxurious room, she could've simply told her grandson no. And to have him send a message to your daughter that you're gonna f*** her up?! First off, she's not wrong that Cayna can be violent.

Furthermore, look at Rudy from Mushoku Tensei. He, too, treated life like a game, wearing panties on his face, acted like a smartass in front of his dad, wanting to bang Roxy. Well....who hasn't heard about him? Anyway, it wasn't until he and Iris got into trouble, almost got kidnapped, and Ghislaine killed the criminals, that at that moment, Rudy realized, "Hey, this is real life. I could die...Maybe I SHOULDN'T take things for granted."
My point is while Rudy wasn't OK with seeing a corpse, we see that he got a 2nd chance at life, we see that the people he viewed as NPC's are actual people, people who live, breathe, and die. If not for that moment, that character development, I don't think he or Iris would've lasted for more than a few days when they got transported to the Demon Continent. Plus, I'd argue that realization made Rudy step up and try to find a way home while also protecting Iris.

Whereas with Cayna, either she doesn't really care about her family that much, or she somehow STILL treats this new life she's in as a game. And even if you wanna argue she's in shock or still coming to terms with her new life, she's been in this world, for I assume, at least a few months, so she's had time to process this.

anirudhtsuki said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

If she REALLY cared for her kids, she wouldn't just punch Skargo just for being concerned, or threaten to torture Mai-Mai all because she (Cayna) has a tendency to be violent. And since when has she cared for the village? She barely interacted with anyone aside from that little girl.

anirudhtsuki said:
Kimurah said:

No, Kimurah is right, she's just as they described her. If she wanted to help, she could've just as easily said, "You sit down, I'll deal with the golems." OR...since she's got summoning abilities, just summon someone who can take down the golems. But of course, I don't wanna be noticed, when she chased a kid by running on water as the kid was rowing a boat! NTM, that same kid, she just let him reek of dog drool while that Cerberus was keeping an eye on him, and gave him a blanket, which the dogs just chewed on and covered with saliva.

Feb 2, 2022 2:17 PM

Dec 2016
I had a feeling that Cayna had a grandchild, but I wasn't expecting multiple of them and also a great grandchild lol.

Looking forward to seeing her destroy those rock golems in the next episode.
Feb 2, 2022 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
Cayna's family is expanding with every episode... not just grandchildren, but also great-grandchildren. If only she treated them a little better.
Feb 2, 2022 3:30 PM
Feb 2018
i what to know the mental image that Cayana children's have of her? I know kartatz ask if she was here to level a country but to tell your children stories of your mother to make them treat her like death incarnate
Feb 2, 2022 3:36 PM

Aug 2020
Tell me Cayna's not trolling

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 2, 2022 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
jmstructor said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Yeah it was my biggest complaint with the book as well. The author doesn't write much dialogue or interactions, favoring long explanations and descriptions. The anime has actually adapted every single scene with her family despite skipping other characters that she is closer with and spends more time with.

She always makes amends, but immediately runs off afterwards (which is pretty toxic). Overall she is pretty emotionally unstable, but I don't think the author intended that I think they were just trying to lean into tropes.

So yeah, I personally think the weird combination the author went with: Acting close enough to be angry, never inserting any rapport building scenes, not growing the relationship up from a base, and having Cayna feel responsible for their actions was probably the weakest part of the entire book.

I see a lot of people try to justify it based on her circumstances before reincarnation, which probably explains it but doesn't really justify it. It's too bad since I really liked the underlying concept: reincarnating into the game where all your "garrison commanders" that you forgot about are now famous political figures and all revere you.
that was my complaint for the books as well. She never tried to be close with her children even though they missed her for 200 years. When she runs off without introducing her to Mai Mai, i was really pissed. But the author made up for it in volume 4. It has more mother daughter moments and Cayna felt genuinely sorry for what she did a little bit. She's still a terrible mother. The adaption makee her worse than she actually is, she repents her actions dearly in the novels.
Feb 2, 2022 5:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, new town, new characters unlocked. Grandson for Cayna arrived to serve and he treated her kinda like Skargo. I just feel bad for him, getting a moodie side of Cayna already on the supposed-to-be a first touching meet between grandma and grandchild. Rip to the whole place there xd. Not different situations where Cayna meet another child of Mai Mai, she blurted and some knight blurted something that surely changed Cayna into a demon xd. The heck that big snowball comes from, you said? Lets talk about that later.

Still, thats good knowing Cayna had an apologize section with her grandchild, and acknowledged how immature her responses were before. Her great-grandson deserved that relieve when knowing his father had some chemistry at last with his great-grandma. But, i think as someone with the teen age as Cayna, the shock actually understandable. Hopefully there's a good changed to her behaviour against the moodie effect. However, lets talk about that later again, when the time has come...

The last part was about Cayna arrived in flash to the poor fortress way far, in order to reach and liven up another guardian tower there. But something went wrong there and forced moody Cayna to showing off her opness. Lets see if Cayna attracted more attention and making her rage uncontrollable again, or not...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 2, 2022 8:56 PM
Jan 2022
Geez, her real character awakened, she's even take revenge against her own son and daughter. I could say the quality start to drop here. The only thing that could save it is Cayna's character development.
Feb 2, 2022 8:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a good one, it seems Mai Mai has been busy lol, Cayna meeting her two grandchildren and talking about the things she’d do to Mai Mai later was great, also looks like Sabikui Bisco isn’t the only show with crab riding this season, and it’s not CGI this time. And it looks like Cayna is gonna have to flex her skills on those rock golems, I guess all those soldiers and her grandchild are lucky that she happened to be there.

Also that purple haired guy really makes a convincing girl, I thought he just had an interesting voice lol.
Feb 2, 2022 10:51 PM

Mar 2010
Wow surprise grandchildrens pops up! Grandma gonna kick rock butt next episode.
Feb 3, 2022 12:52 AM

Oct 2017
So Mai Mai has children and they are twins too. Cayna finally met them but the way she behaved with them was not right. Infact the way she behaves with her children is also wrong. I mean yes they are just adopted and it's done for comedic purposes but it's not right to do so cause they don't feel like a family at all.
Feb 3, 2022 6:44 AM

Jun 2016
i swear this show is not bad at all !!
really really enjoying this and not boring to watch !
Feb 3, 2022 7:13 AM

Oct 2007
Cayna always getting angry is starting to get tiresome. And this show is starting to feel boring. The episode also felt like it dragged, as it was mostly filled up with forced comedy to eat up the time and make the golem fight a cliffhanger.

not looking forward much to next week. But will try to watch 2 more episodes, before decide to drop or continue.
Feb 3, 2022 8:59 AM
Dec 2014
I'm in camp cayna.

She's basically a young teenage girl who has never been on a date, wakes up one day found out she has 3 kids, and then out of nowhere got called grandma (read: OLD) everywhere she goes. Creepy dudes popping up left and right with over-the-top flair trying to pamper her. Then found out for the past century her surprise-daughter has been spreading rumors of her being a psychopath tearing family members limb from limb. It's like being egged on with "U mad grandma" over and over. Ya, I would get mad too if I were her.

Not all MCs have to act like saints and heroes on the spot regardless of the situation. Other than some deliberate anime-level comedic exaggerations, her reaction is way more realistic than an otherwise all-loving all-forgiving character that out of nowhere learned to behave like a model grand/parent.

Cruel, yes. She better learn? yes.Bad character? Not even close.
LucilinaFeb 3, 2022 9:03 AM
Feb 3, 2022 10:17 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Caerick introduces himself to Cayna as her grandson! And Caerick also has a sister so is Cayna's granddaughter! Cayna does really get mad over little things is all I can say though xD.
Cayna has now arrived to destroy the enemies!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 3, 2022 10:58 AM
Nov 2018
anirudhtsuki said:
When she runs off without introducing her to Mai Mai, i was really pissed. But the author made up for it in volume 4. It has more mother daughter moments and Cayna felt genuinely sorry for what she did a little bit. She's still a terrible mother. The adaption makee her worse than she actually is, she repents her actions dearly in the novels.

I am near the end of book 3 and seriously that whole section she was such an asshole. So, I guess I will look forward to 4 if she gets better. It would be quite clever of the author to have her grow into a more stable mature person as she interacts with more people and spends more time in the world; I suspect it's not going to do that as it feels like this author has shortcomings with character writing (Most are one dimensional like the "I'm a woman" adventurer).

I seriously wonder if the author has really strict/abusive parents, or if they are actually trying to portray a character with the emotional maturity of a child whose entire life was being a no-life PvP focused MMO player with only vague ideas of what parenthood would be. All her kids want is to be a part of her life and it's like she views them as possessions that aren't doing what they are supposed to. Maybe that is intentional? I have no idea.
Feb 3, 2022 2:24 PM

May 2013
Lucilina said:
I'm in camp cayna.
Then found out for the past century her surprise-daughter has been spreading rumors of her being a psychopath tearing family members limb from limb. It's like being egged on with "U mad grandma" over and over. Ya, I would get mad too if I were her.

I'm in camp of Cayna too!

And she is server's top PKs so I can imagine where those rumors started. She probably is evil in eyes of world's inhabitants and rightly so her daughter has right idea of warning her kids about her. And honestly her current acting doesn't disprove those rumors at all.

Imagine mass murderer (PK) in our world. Not many would say that person like that would be the great mom.

Lucilina said:

Not all MCs have to act like saints and heroes on the spot regardless of the situation.

I agree fully. I see this really refreshing perspective. I really are bored of all these never ending stories of perfect happy Slime 300 SOL where everyone loves everybody. It was really shame that Slime 300 didn't explore that slimecide aspect more. That would have been really interesting tangent.
RavenWolf1Feb 3, 2022 2:29 PM
Feb 3, 2022 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
jmstructor said:
anirudhtsuki said:
When she runs off without introducing her to Mai Mai, i was really pissed. But the author made up for it in volume 4. It has more mother daughter moments and Cayna felt genuinely sorry for what she did a little bit. She's still a terrible mother. The adaption makee her worse than she actually is, she repents her actions dearly in the novels.

I am near the end of book 3 and seriously that whole section she was such an asshole. So, I guess I will look forward to 4 if she gets better. It would be quite clever of the author to have her grow into a more stable mature person as she interacts with more people and spends more time in the world; I suspect it's not going to do that as it feels like this author has shortcomings with character writing (Most are one dimensional like the "I'm a woman" adventurer).

I seriously wonder if the author has really strict/abusive parents, or if they are actually trying to portray a character with the emotional maturity of a child whose entire life was being a no-life PvP focused MMO player with only vague ideas of what parenthood would be. All her kids want is to be a part of her life and it's like she views them as possessions that aren't doing what they are supposed to. Maybe that is intentional? I have no idea.

Feb 3, 2022 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
Cayna has revealed her true nature in this episode as the evil MC that actually hates her kids, lol.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 3, 2022 4:52 PM

Apr 2008
This was just a cute and mindless watch at best, but like many others I felt this episode her behavior crossed from quirky to psychotic. Wasn't pleasant to watch, and I was bored otherwise. If they actually leaned into her being an awful person that could maybe be interesting, but I don't think that's where it's going. And what a useless cliffhanger. She's an isekai protagonist. How she's gonna do against some random golems is not in question.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I guess no season 2?

MrNaoB - Apr 16

6 by Miyu_03 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

» No romance then?

rishamr - Mar 27

8 by rishamr »»
Mar 28, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

60 by amf85 »»
Mar 10, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 19, 2022

71 by amf85 »»
Mar 10, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 23, 2022

88 by basskiller »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.