Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Look at all those cat ears lmao. We got some action and fighting against the shadows roaming around. Those things gave me some Kingdom Hearts vibe.

It seems the episode took on a slightly serious mood compared to the first three episodes. Awesome to see Karyl and her allies take on that oversized golem in a JRPG-ish style fight. Karyl herself kicked some ass too!

Jan 31, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
Wolfen Bite!!!! Ikusaaaaa!!! Ryukyu-Ken-Knuckle!!!!
Wasn't that Jabberwock too weak? The Jabberwock I knew isn't that weak. lol...
It was surprising to see Kiiri appears in this episode as well.

This episode was intense. Yeah! the dramatic story continues with a cliffhanger ending. Can't wait to see the next episode. I hope we will see the battle from Yuuki's dream at the end of this season. It will be an epic finale battle for sure.

何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 31, 2022 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
Showing off the spoilers for the Seven Crowns SO EARLY? That is Yuuki's dream, but it does paint an ominous future for the sequel season going forward.

Welp, Yuuki just got handled like a baseball in the most hilarious manner by the monsters. Karyl's wimpering, Koro-ster's meeping, and look who's here to save the day: the beastfolk guild Caon of members Makoto, Maho, Kaori and the detective Kasumi.

Kasumi capturing Shadows like it's another day of work, but in this case, her Shadow mimic Kiiri shows up to the intrigue of all. Her formation from Yuuki's powers raise a flag about her story, but it's the appearance of Metamorregnant
that brings about the big question mark of resurfacing Yuuki's memories, and its appearance like a dream butterfly (which more often than not is an ominous sign).

Epic fight as always between the Golem that houses Metamorregnant's soul from within cast by the Shadows, and Pecorine having to execute THAT much of her Princess Strike Union Burst powers, only to get blisteringly teleported by Kaiser Insight with the ring given to Karyl, what a nasty cliffhanger.

Now I'm ready to start theory-crafting for whatever lies ahead, every frame is a clue in and of itself.
KANLen09Feb 1, 2022 9:35 AM
Jan 31, 2022 9:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy crap, the animation! Especially at the start there, I was wondering how things got so good but then it came back in the end there. This show is seriously too well animated for a chill SOL show.

Damn, that cliffhanger though. Did she get teleported or what?

@Potatoboy11 That might just be a fair point.
_MushiRock11_Jan 31, 2022 10:49 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 31, 2022 10:03 AM

Mar 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:
Holy crap, the animation! Especially at the start there, I was wondering how things got so good but then it came back in the end there. This show is seriously too well animated for a chill SOL show.

Idk if we should keep calling it SOL anymore
Jan 31, 2022 10:06 AM
Jun 2020
That's top tier animation.
Jan 31, 2022 10:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't understand how the animation is that great for a mobile game adaptation, the raid against the golem looked incredible, though that cliffhanger regarding Pecorine :S
Jan 31, 2022 10:17 AM
Jun 2020
What the actual fuck how good was this episode
Jan 31, 2022 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Oh my god, who was the episode director this week
The animation throughout the whole episode was INSANE
Jan 31, 2022 10:31 AM

Aug 2020
See , this is why priconne is peak fiction . How else would you assemble a team like this ?
If you were to tell me this was a lineup that is possible , I probably would have recommended a therapist to you ....
God bless priconne , how I have missed this .....
Jan 31, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
unironically better animation than Mappa's SNK, not too hard to achieve that though mind you
Jan 31, 2022 10:43 AM

Jul 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Takahito sakazume, a great animator and also directed a lot of fgo CMs, all of them amazing (he also directed black clover opening 3), so yea, he is a big deal, the hype was pretty big this episode, and man it delivered.
Jan 31, 2022 10:46 AM
Dec 2018
so guys, this is the true power of gacha money.
Jan 31, 2022 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
VP2003boi said:
Xenocrisi said:
Takahito sakazume, a great animator and also directed a lot of fgo CMs, all of them amazing (he also directed black clover opening 3), so yea, he is a big deal, the hype was pretty big this episode, and man it delivered.
Wow that explains a lot. ive always enjoyed all of his work and i'm glad Princess Connect got some love.
Jan 31, 2022 10:53 AM
Nov 2021
Time for some more nice, relaxing slice of life iseka- WHAT THE FU
Jan 31, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was so crazy that I had to check if Priconne would have a short season, I mean this felt like penultimate and last episode if wasn't that Pecorine scene.

Kemonomimi episode for the win!
Jan 31, 2022 11:18 AM

Feb 2019
Priconne animation is criminally underrated holy shit man. Forget JJK, midmetsu etc, this needs to be in the discussion for best animation. The amount of sakuga in this show is wild. Obviously this was the FGO CM director who helped on this ep but even the normal episodes have consistently great animation.
Jan 31, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Labyrista the amazing prifes character who is super OP on release and for a while after that appeared in Yuuki's dream. We also get to see the amazing MAKOTO WITH HER VERY NICE PHYSICAL DEF DOWN ON UB AND S2. Maho was there as well who has kind of fallen off in global but with her 6 star gets absolutely amazing!
Was nice to see Kaori also with her still being amazing in global and about to get her UE decently soon. She falls off after that but with her 6 star in JP regains her spot as amazing top tier DPS.
One thing I will say about when Kasumi and Yuuki etc were fighting the shadows, they should have used Makoto's def break on skill 2 and UB first then hit them to make it easier for them.
They also found a Kasumi lookalike who was a shadow.
AND NENEKA!!!!!!!!! NENEKA IS AMAZING WHEN SHE COMES OUT AND IS VERY USEFUL FOR A LONG TIME! In this particular scene, she used her UB to create a body double of herself to ask for help from Yuuki and his friends. Against that golem monster, again pecorine messed up as she should have waited for Makoto's physical def down then used her princess strike UB to max out damage.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 31, 2022 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
I've been waiting for this since first season, good to finally see the beast girls in action, especially Gomen Yui Makoto!
Pecorine sure went all out against the golem, looking forward to next episode!
Jan 31, 2022 12:04 PM
Nov 2019
Damn what an insane episode the key animators this episode were stacked and the cuts were godly but shoutout to the BG animators as well and the details to the character animation was done great.

I feel bad for karyl and people missing out on this gem and I can't contain my excitement for the next episode.

Hope I can make it through next episode of my favorite cat's self guilt.
Jan 31, 2022 12:10 PM

Mar 2018
The quality of this episode was really something else, so beautiful.

New characters and they seem pretty cool, hopefully, we can get more of them next week.

Also a new storyline it seems (?), sounds interesting.
Jan 31, 2022 12:14 PM

Feb 2018
the battle from yuki's dream looked so epic and that back to back princess strike was crazy and the sakuga this episode was crazier

just when she was about to destroy the golem Kyaru's ring teleported pecorine to the castle that cliffhanger tho

Next episode can't come sooner
Jan 31, 2022 12:16 PM

Mar 2013
So many cute girls/CV in an episode! Roar!

Well, it was weird for Karyl to get a ring from her highness but to think it was a trap or a plot to teleport her, or was it something else?

This episode was greatly animated. Even at the end of the last 2 mins of battling it out with the golem was really entertaining to watch.

I really can't wait for the next episode!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 31, 2022 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
Okay can we all dislike Karyl now please? She's been a RAT this entire series and now here is the icing on the cake. Yeah we know she didn't know the Ring would transport Pecorine but she's been loyal to the Queen this whole time and just "pretending" to be friends with the rest.
Nah dude she's trash.

Season 2 has been unbelievable so far and this episode was just...so freaking good.

AND we get new Waifus!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 31, 2022 1:15 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
It's maybe still too soon for me to say this. But still I wanna say it.

This anime is the BEST game adaptation of 2022.
Jan 31, 2022 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
I think you people mistake a good script with good animation.
The animation was mediocre in most parts and even below in some.
Fight scenes were well scripted but not animated.
Jan 31, 2022 2:05 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
LewdLamia said:

Is this bait? or are you just crazy?
Jan 31, 2022 2:30 PM
Jul 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:

@Potatoboy11 That might just be a fair point.
Looks like the ring Karyl got blinked in a frame right before Princess Strike causing her to tp
Jan 31, 2022 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was incredibly, right from the get go we get some insane animation... only for a dream sequence, however I say dream sequence, it felt more like a vision.

New cast is fun and quirky. Love them. A party full with beastpeople. It was a little weird seeing more than 1 Kasumi and honestly I wonder what's up with that, but then the attention went to a massive golem.

This episode is just on crack really, when you thought that the Vision was good, the battle with the golem was incredible. Gacha money well spend I am guessing? Hehe

So that was a pretty clever trick, give Karyl a ring that teleports Pecorine to the castle... What a cliffhanger!
Jan 31, 2022 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
First off, full credit to the animators for this episode. They absolutely popped off this episode, particularly in the big fight against the golem at the end.

That aside, oh boy am I happy to finally see Caon in the anime, even if we didn't get to hear Maho say "ojii-han" just yet. Also, it was all too obvious that the ring Karyl was given wasn't gonna be anything good, but for it to be set up to teleport Pecorine directly to Kaiser Insight can only be seriously bad news on all fronts.
Jan 31, 2022 3:12 PM

Jun 2017
Holy shit that went from 0 to 100 real quick, especially at the end there.
Jan 31, 2022 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
Finally some screentime for Makoto <3
Jan 31, 2022 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
Holy damn, not only was the animation this episode absolutely top notch, but I was totally not expecting the story to develop into an all out invasion like this.
Jan 31, 2022 3:55 PM

Feb 2017
lucio54 said:
LewdLamia said:

Is this bait? or are you just crazy?

BOTH ....
it's bait and he/she is crazy
Jan 31, 2022 4:23 PM
May 2018
Dude when I was watching it felt like a movie. My mind is blown.
Jan 31, 2022 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
Bruh wtf was this episode on? The animators really just decided to go overtime here. Not a single frame was put to waste.
Only thing I hated was that cliffhanger ending. That was nastier than any of the Demon Slayer and AoT cliffhangers this season.
Jan 31, 2022 4:55 PM

Jan 2021
I guess I'm in the minority but I thought the animation was pretty bad this episode. Some parts looked jerky like they were going 15 fps and it was making me dizzy to watch. Surprised to see it being praised. Overall watching this episode felt like I had a stroke midway through. I couldn't follow it at all. It was going in 5 different directions with the dream at the start, the new beast people, the ring, the golem and the pink butterfly girl, and then the clone. Maybe because I never played the game but I have no idea what is going on anymore.
Jan 31, 2022 5:19 PM

Apr 2018
Utsushimi Neneka, finally showed herself to the main characters.

To many players in the JP server of the game, Neneka is the best unit in the game.

Also AYUMI SPOTTED. 04:06

Jan 31, 2022 5:28 PM

Mar 2020
Oi oi!! Maji ka?!! Sugee!! Lots of sakuga. It feels like a movie. Priconne always have great animation but this episode is on another level.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 31, 2022 5:42 PM

Apr 2019
Okay first of all, I didn't expect the animation to be this good, I mean the animation of Priconne anime is always been good but holy sh*t this is next level.

Second the cliffhanger gave me chills, Pecorine looking like that gave me chills because of how cheerful she is.

Dang I hope it gets better since there is plot progression.
Jan 31, 2022 5:47 PM
Apr 2020
Eunos said:
unironically better animation than Mappa's SNK, not too hard to achieve that though mind you
why you need to bring aot name here?
Jan 31, 2022 5:55 PM
Apr 2020
TweedleDane said:
See , this is why priconne is peak fiction . How else would you assemble a team like this ?
If you were to tell me this was a lineup that is possible , I probably would have recommended a therapist to you ....
God bless priconne , how I have missed this .....
Many animators from this staff will likely be in Chainsaw Man. The director of this ep was Takahito Sakazume, who animated in the CSM pv and has a good relationship with Yoshihara and Nakayama, who animated here.
Jan 31, 2022 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
The game studio itself now doing animation too promote the game.
Best animation this season.
Jan 31, 2022 6:09 PM
Sep 2008
Priconne still being the best anime of the season
Jan 31, 2022 6:37 PM
May 2016
Seriously the animation in this is nothing short of AMAZING o_0
Jan 31, 2022 8:05 PM

Apr 2017
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD holy fuuuuuuuuuck I never expected my gacha game to be this INSANE with the animation, not just one fighting scene but TWO IN ONE EPISODE.

NOT JUST GREAT ANIMATION BUT WITH PLOT!? LIKE ACTUAL PLOT!! HOLY MOLY EASILY BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR ALREADY
Jan 31, 2022 8:14 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was better than the normal standards with the animators they had on board for this but at the same time, idk the episode itself didn't hit that much. It didn't look as crazy great to me overall but it was a lot better than what is normally provided though with this series, especially with this being a gacha based one. For once that's a positive with PriConne I guess, but not enough to have me craving for the next episode or any belief that this series is gonna be good from now.
Jan 31, 2022 8:26 PM

May 2020
Best episode of 2022. That's it.
Jan 31, 2022 8:48 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was lit. The battle was awesome and the animation is top tier.

SoraSenpai said:
Okay can we all dislike Karyl now please? She's been a RAT this entire series and now here is the icing on the cake. Yeah we know she didn't know the Ring would transport Pecorine but she's been loyal to the Queen this whole time and just "pretending" to be friends with the rest.
Nah dude she's trash.

I'm with you. I don't care what Karyl has been through. She knows about the shadows which kill people. She fucks over her teammates. She is pretty much irredeemable at this point.
Jan 31, 2022 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, the animation and character movements in this episode omfg.
Also no wonder why the animation reminded me so much of the FGO CMs. Same director if I'm not mistaken.

Intense episode overall. The confrontation against the golem was fantastic and seeing Pecorine spamming Princess Strike after Princess Strike sure hyped me up. Such a shame she got teleported mid-attack tho. That sure was a dirty cliffhanger, huh?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Princess Connect Season 3 Leak

Kingfariz - Apr 24, 2023

10 by Liddo-kun »»
Apr 7, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

118 by Forum »»
Mar 20, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

82 by extralie »»
Jan 31, 1:39 AM

» Appreciation Post

Ice0105 - Mar 14, 2022

15 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 20, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

73 by MxS7HGS »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.