Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2022 4:01 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:33 JST This thread is now unlocked

Due to the extreme popularity of the show and the fact that for the previous season (and this season), many of the episodes had really early episode threads opened by various users, the episode threads for this show will only be made by mods until further notice.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here
anime-primeFeb 6, 2022 3:57 AM
Jan 30, 2022 7:34 AM

May 2020
AND journey to the past now, visiting each and everyone of those memories and that too from the very beginning. Getting that whole truth behind what Grisha did after coming to the paradis, how he obtained the founder, and about how Eren was the one who provoked him in killing those royals that time. AND YES, YES ATTACK TITAN can see the future, Eren can see the future!! He already did four years ago. Damn… watching Grisha breaking down… again what an episode.

It’s two 10/10 from Mappa on the trot, hope they maintain the streak.

Jun 2019
Another week, another time when I get to say that we're watching Peak fiction. What an absolute perfection of an episode. Started off with little baby Eren, he was considerably cute in comparison to the manga. LOL. The facial expressions, the atmosphere, the OST choice, everything about this episode was so incredibly well done. Grisha made me cry. Don't know what else to say about it. Peak perfection. Beautiful.

I had goosebumps throughout this whole episode. Once again, what a great job, MAPPA. You guys are doing a phenomenal job. I was crying... T_T. I have no words to explain how beautiful this episode was. 10/10.

Jul 2019
LOVE IT. Amazing episode as usual.

Really crazy to see everything from start to end like that. What a wild journey and we just have this last bit to power through.

2nd half of this episode had amazing direction and OST, its crazy how good it is. Mappa goated fr. It's a lot to take in and conveys everything to perfection. No flaws here, just goated creators.

Zeke felt that on a next level too:

Eren quite the devil too:

Nov 2011
Full of emotions this episode, especially between Eren and his Father. The memories and everything coming together...it's hard to even put it into words.

What an episode.

And we got another fantastic artwork!

Feb 2019
I've never been so happy to see Eren angry. I hated how he was such a crybaby before in previous seasons, and how he didn't seem that sure of himself in s4p1.

Now he's taking no survivors? I love it. Absolutely badass!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Sep 2020
WHAT AN ADAPTATION!
someone give a medal to grisha's voice actor
someone also give a medal to whoever animated grisha's breakdown

ZprotuJan 31, 2022 5:58 PM

Nov 2020
huh what just happened eren? Nah i needs Subs now. This shit is wild

Learned from the best LMAO

CamelBowJan 30, 2022 8:46 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jan 30, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2021
Oh god that was such a hype episode.

The Attack titan's true powers are shown!

Anyone confused with how the Eren manipulated Grisha can check it out :-

Zeke's views on Grisha will surely change now.

The next episode will literally make any anime-only fan go crazy. Easy 5/5 episode.
DeonXJan 30, 2022 7:45 AM

孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now, this is finally getting started! Here's where things start to change drastically, so I'm curious to see how the anime-onlies will take this. Manga readers hoping for a change, we'll probably be able to find if they're planning to do so at all as early as next week?

Anyways, that aside, it's funny how Zeke was trying to supposedly convert back Eren but, by the looks of the final moments there, he only made it worse for himself. Grisha's plead to save the world from Eren though, god that's some twist there!

Some of the developments this episode was spot-on but without the subtitles, I don't think I managed to get the full experience so I'll hold back on that for the time being. Nice to see Carla-san and the drunk officer once again.

After Nadal's victory, this is just what I needed to end the day off on a high note!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2018
Amazing episode. I wasn't really feeling it at the beginning, but damn, that Grisha acting was on point, OST was great too. Can't believe we're getting 122 next week.
What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Jan 2021
ART, FUCKING MASTERPIECE , FUCKING INSANE
Jan 30, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2019
adnan_ said:
wtf huh what just happened eren?
now evloved into huge freedom egdelord
Jan 30, 2022 7:36 AM
Jun 2021
That episode was a masterpiece. Grysha having a breakdown after killing the reiss family was beautifully animated and the 11/10 adaptation we’ve been begging mappa for
Jan 30, 2022 7:37 AM

Jul 2012
Grisha's backstory is tragic, but you can tell he really loved his family and his sons. Eren, though, just showed that he was always ruthless.
Mar 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen. This is peak AoT. And boy did MAPPA, and everyone involved, do it justice. We're all witnessing anime history in making.
Feb 2018
Absolutely well done to Mappa for this episode, the directing was phenomenal. I think this is the best episode Mappa have made for aot and omg was the content insane. Quite literally the peak of Aot here and there is more next week.
Jan 30, 2022 7:38 AM

Feb 2021
Oh my god!

Mappa did phenomenal job again...
All those moments were like 200% more emotional than in the manga!

The moment of Eren talking to his father - immediate goosebumps...

Grisha telling Zeke he loves him - I started to cry. :'(

This must be such a mindf*ck for everyone, Isayama is a genius.

Jun 2014
God damn that was quite the episode, seeing Eren and Zeke going into past memories. The Attack Titan can transcend time and so Eren manipulated Grisha into doing what he did for the sake of his future plans, and speaking of Grisha, shout out to his VA during that breakdown scene. Amazing voice acting there. Next episode should be even better, I don't think I'm ready.
thebrentinator24Jan 30, 2022 7:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 2022
The greatest episode Ive ever seen till now.
Jan 30, 2022 7:39 AM

Jun 2019
the best executed eps so far, very nice

also, MAPPA mimicking the storyboard from eps 1 season 1 was a great addition

jackoffwankerJan 30, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2021
Another goated episode, oh boy this made me got into tears with Grisha, his story is too tragic :( Going to watch this in subs for sure lol

Oh boy the memories..Baby Eren was so adorable I can't stand it >u< Nice we get a deeper insight to Grisha's backstory with baby eren and Carla back to the past. Oh my seeing Hannes in the memories getting all drunk, Grisha's secrets, and moments to delay his mission :(. Grisha must be learning about what he put up to Zeke getting all trained up and such it was physically a burden for him and finally Grisha realizes it. Now, Grisha noticed Zeke and it must be obvious that a long time no see would be able to recognize their face after finally reunited. Oh boy, Eren's young moment with others was happy and a tragedy at the same time :( Especially seeing Grisha getting mad at Eren for killing someone to save Mikasa. The basement was leaving so many questions back then and he definitely saw Eren. Carla Yaeger is so gorgeous here and it comes the moment where Mikasa told the fam that Eren wants to join the scout, oh boy the amount of memories and even when Grisha lands his key to the basement, I find it very emotional :( Now we get to see what Grisha did after leaving Eren for a while and seeing him about to slaughter the Reiss family. Eren's face was so tense when he was confronting Grisha in a very way he describes the traumatic event about his sister, this is too much of a tragedy :( and I like how Eren cares about his own dad, even lifting up his courage to move forward. Grisha's voice acting is spot on when he knew he did something for the better or the worse and could potentially help to get the wall being destroyed and save humanity, I kind of feel him because without any good result of his action, then he's doing the killing for nothing but guilt. There is something unusual about Grisha seeing Zeke now and the "I love you" makes me wanna cry and I'm glad he reflected upon his wrong doing :(( Emotional episode as always.
CQLLISTJan 30, 2022 5:57 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 2013
Peak aot finally adapted “stand father”. Next week will be another banger. There’s a weird frame of Eren in the episode but apart from that I really liked the art and storyboard (if we ignore the offmodel frames). MAPPA at least did something right that WIT hadn’t as far as the storyboard goes. WIT hadn’t adapted this panel correctly in season 1, they showed Grisha leaving but not him looking at adult Eren while talking to kid Eren.

Also it looks like they skipped the panel of Grisha eating the Reiss family but they showed it in the preview to next week?

KneelBeforeMeJan 30, 2022 7:51 AM
Jan 30, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2018
One of the best chapters have finally been adapted and IT'S A MASTERPIECE.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'

Aug 2019
Really impressed. You can see the influence of the guy who did the facial animations for Death Note with Grisha in this episode. Amazing voice actor by the way, who really captures Grisha's descent into madness and desperation perfectly.

The character art looked much cleaner in this episode as well.

I'll watch it with subs later, but visual aspects of the episode and the OST were basically spot on, with something a little extra thrown in.

Jul 2017
Grisha looks stressful rather than in manga.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Feb 2018
I
LOVE
EVERYTHING
ABOUT
THIS
EPISODE
AND
GRISHA
ESPECIALLY

No joke! This episode has that feeling of Kira revelation on Death Note and dont ask me how fucking great is it. I'm scared of this Eren, seriously. Zeke on this episode is basically me 23 minutes, fr fr no cap.

I'm so fucking absorbed with this ep, so it's 100/10 for me.

Jul 2012
That Death Note-esque sequence with Grisha breaking down was so damn good. Probably my favorite moment of the episode.
Jan 30, 2022 7:46 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent episode again.
Jan 30, 2022 7:47 AM

Oct 2020
I wanna say the first half of the episode was nothing special, but the second half was definitely a 100/10.
Jan 30, 2022 7:47 AM

Jul 2020
Yooo attack on titan episode is out. Episode 4 is definitely one to be remembered.
Jan 30, 2022 7:52 AM
Jul 2021
I got spoil about AOT ending, is there anything interesting left for me to watch? I mean I know there will be rumbling and all.
Jan 30, 2022 7:53 AM
Jan 2021
Akash_11 said:
I got spoil about AOT ending, is there anything interesting left for me to watch? I mean I know there will be rumbling and all.

Nothing, you can proceed and watch other shows! Bye
Jan 30, 2022 7:54 AM

Jul 2019
Akash_11 said:
The execution of it all. Kinda upsetting you got spoiled but how everything will play out for you to see is nothing spoilers can touch.

I recommend just engrossing yourself so much that you forget outside spoilers. Sometimes works with me.
Jan 30, 2022 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
kinda overdramatic faces makes it kinda cartoony rather than serious

but overall good enough but they skipped the titan fights this time and the animation barely move with some off-model drawings

Eren with his violent nature again, and nature is deterministic that links to determinism universe they are in

"i was born in this world" a deterministic world so Eren is not free at all

"i steal the freedom of others first to preserve my freedom"

degJan 31, 2022 11:20 AM
Jan 30, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 2021
NextUniverse said:
Akash_11 said:
The execution of it all. Kinda upsetting you got spoiled but how everything will play out for you to see is nothing spoilers can touch.

I recommend just engrossing yourself so much that you forget outside spoilers. Sometimes works with me.

Thanks bro, appreciate that. I'll watch for sure!
Jan 30, 2022 8:07 AM

Mar 2019
What time does sub release (PST would be greatly appreciated)
Jan 30, 2022 8:11 AM
Jan 2022
Manga readers are so annoying as fck,this episode is the greatest aot episode to date.
Jan 30, 2022 8:12 AM
Jan 2021
6 vermits hated the episode so much that they had to go and watch the RAW version of it :D :D
Jan 30, 2022 8:13 AM

Sep 2020
deg said:

but overall good enough but they skipped the titan fights this time and the animation barely move with some off-model drawings

titan fight in the preview
Jan 30, 2022 8:21 AM

Sep 2016
Grisha has the best voice actor in AoT

and an amazing shot of Eren. Bravo MAPPA
TaltibaltiJan 30, 2022 9:43 AM
Jan 30, 2022 8:23 AM
Apr 2019
deg said:

finally a sensible and factually correct review of this episode. Really hate "praising the mediocre stuff" here
Jan 30, 2022 8:27 AM
Feb 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
deg said:

finally a sensible and factually correct review of this episode. Really hate "praising the mediocre stuff" here

Of course you had to call one opinion that suits you correct :D
Jan 30, 2022 8:29 AM
Jul 2021
My favourite anime just keeps on delivering,what an episode!!!!
Jan 30, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
I honestly wishey I could've went into this episode blind. I kinda did, since my memories from the chapter are anything but fresh, yet the wow and wtf effect surely would've been insane if I didn't know what to expect.

Damn great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 30, 2022 8:30 AM
Jan 2021
Bababazooka69 said:
deg said:

Yeah factual review xD. The fight is left for next episode, as seen in the preview, there's nothing in this chapter that requires dynamic movement. It's like complaining why there's no action in a movie like Shawshenk redemption. And where are the off-model moments lmao? This is BY FAR the best eren has ever looked
Jan 30, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 2021
hayzi said:
What time does sub release (PST would be greatly appreciated)

Crunchyroll will release it in about 4 and a half hours.
It will be out on bilibli within the next one hour, if subs are all you care about.
Jan 30, 2022 8:39 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing adaptation of what I consider to be the peak of AOT
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jan 30, 2022 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
imbAF said:
Bababazooka69 said:

Yeah factual review xD. The fight is left for next episode, as seen in the preview, there's nothing in this chapter that requires dynamic movement. It's like complaining why there's no action in a movie like Shawshenk redemption. And where are the off-model moments lmao? This is BY FAR the best eren has ever looked
If you can’t tell where the offmodel frames are you need bottle-thick glasses.
Jan 30, 2022 8:45 AM

Dec 2020
HOLY SHIT. Can't wait to watch it in subs. That was fantastic.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

537 by nessuki »»
Mar 30, 7:29 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

429 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.