Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
May 1, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2018
Zeke was like ''Eren listen to me, you've been brainswashed by our dad'' meanwhile Eren was brainwashing his father lol
May 23, 2022 6:06 AM

Dec 2020
^
That was Awesome.
This could be my first 10/10, but gotta finish it first.
Jul 17, 2022 6:03 AM

Aug 2018
This kind of half flashback half current story episode really is a fantastic thing to watch, some small things were confusing or a little bit misunderstood but overall it just delivers everything we wanted to see regarding Grisha and ofcourse Eren and Zeke
Aug 29, 2022 10:10 AM
Aug 2022
AOT is the goat anime. Period
Aug 29, 2022 3:51 PM
Nov 2019
SiGow said:
sheesh, animation took a nose dive from previous episode. Everyone in this forum is sucking Mappa's dick.
Guys we have to criticize without any biasing. Mappa did an ok job, but i'm fucking pissed off by there ost selection. why can't they play the original 0sk instead of the one we got in this episode. Before anyone come at me, please listen to 0sk of S3P2 and compare it to the one we got in this episode, it's a downgrade. Someone please fire Yamamoto, he is just bastardizing Sawano's tracks at this point.
For those who come at me with "be grateful that AOT get this adaptation" or "I prefer Mappa's look over Wit", stop being delusional. Mappa is not making any effort to improve upon the source material, they just wanna get this over with. At least that's the feeling I'm getting from this adaptation.
you feeling stupid now that the oh so awful 0sk remix turned out to be one of Sawanos tracks instead of kohtas?
Sep 27, 2022 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
So Eren actually made his dad massacre those royal family mfs? wat?
Oct 13, 2022 10:55 AM
Jul 2022
One of the Best Plot twist in TV series
Oct 25, 2022 2:40 PM
Jun 2021
FULL OF PLOTS
omgggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Nov 22, 2022 10:58 PM
Jan 2022
perfecto otro nivel
Jan 5, 2023 3:52 PM
Aug 2022
the future plot is weird icl but its so interesting and adds so many more layers to grishas character apart from that this episode is incredible, the soundtrack the animation the tension and grishas voice actor carried this episode
Mar 13, 2023 2:29 AM

Dec 2020
Every episode with Grisha in it is fantastic.
Mar 16, 2023 12:27 AM
Oct 2016
I loved that this entire episode was just Zeke in a state of shock, learning that his little brother might actually be a bit insane.

DAMN. Such a good episode.
Mar 29, 2023 12:57 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The hardest hitting "TO BE CONTINUED" we have ever gotten. Usually it's the feeling of "aw man what a cliffhanger", but this time, after what we just witnessed, it just hits like a missle.

Zeke: "You said you once saw this memory and were disgusted with him. Was that a lie?"
No, that was the truth- but not because Grisha massacred an entire family; but rather, because he didn't. DaMN.

BetaMaleUltraMar 29, 2023 1:31 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 11, 2023 9:06 PM
Apr 2021
GRISHA YAEGER IS THE REAL
HERO OF THE SHOW! HIS INTENTIONS
WERE ALWAYS GOOD. ZEKE BETRAYED
HIS FATHER BECAUSE HE THOUGHT
HE NEVER LOVED HIM.
PROPS TO EREN FOR KEEPING UP THE ACT.
Apr 22, 2023 3:55 AM

Sep 2019
Someone save Levi, please.
Begin.
What..? Everything quiet?
Wow baby Eren? Wow I feel like I'm watching Game of Thrones season 5
Man, we have a son who hates his father, Zeke. I completely understand Zeke, but Grisha also had an unpleasant journey.
Wow interesting Zeke, show me.
What, Zeke? Just happy moments
Apparently Zeke doesn't know Kruger's story. It was nice to see the two of them talking to each other.
Nope, Zeke wasn't fooled the second time around.
Eren would be delighted to revisit such childhood moments. Thanks Zeke.
Wow Zeke also doesn't know about Grisha's past? Thus, thanks to the Founding Titan and Zeke, they were able to go back in time in another dimension.
Or did Zeke realize that Grisha wasn't as bad as he thought?
lol don't tell me Zeke became a good person after this journey to the past?
O.M.G Grisha sees Zeke in the future?
Wow mind blowing
I don't think they can change the past, but the scene where Grisha called out Zeke's name really excited me.
Oh little Armin
Why did Eren betray Zeke? Since Eren never agreed with Zeke, the two were raised in two different backgrounds, so their way of thinking about the world would be different.
Grisha only affected Eren for a moment, and Zeke had a long time. Like I said, they are different.
Eren is right. Very bitter. But it is true. Zeke is just looking for salvation for the hurt, and Eren just lives to be himself. Eren is not the person Zeke needs to comfort him. Eren is not Armin or Historia, they are the ones who want to empathize with people.
I wonder what if Eren had Armin's personality? The debate between Zeke and Eren will be interesting.
Let's see what happens next.
Wow look at Eren when Grisha holds the key... he looks like a ghost
It's weird how Zeke met both Mikasa and Armin when they were kids lol
Don't tell me Grisha is looking at the other Eren.
Wow it's new. What actually happened in that cave?
so intense
Don't tell me from the moment you took the key, Grisha knew about the future Eren's presence?
Don't tell me the person who killed the Reiss family is the future Eren?
It's really weird that the Reiss family didn't react when Freida decided people inside the Walls would all be left to the titans to eat.
Another issue to pay attention to, is that because Marley's purpose here, I mean Reiner's group, that is to capture the Founding titan, so Frieda is the important one.
Grisha knew it all. Kruger told him. Look at Zeke's face.
What? Can the Attack titan see memories of the future? So Grisha knew about Eren's return to the past, as well as everything Eren had done for more than 5 years? From Season 1 to season 4. And he knew since when?
Unreasonable. So if Grisha knew that the Attack titan would be inherited by Eren, and he decided not to let Eren inherit, what would happen?
goosebumps
As such, to prevent the king from having memories erased, the Attack titan evolved so that its successors would always have memories from the future. WOW
So Eren knew in advance that he was being manipulated by Zeke? Yo
Yo my heart just stopped... so it was Eren who killed the Reiss family?
WOW. Yo so Armin's hunch was wrong? Mikasa was right to leave the scarf behind? Eren helps Mikasa for another reason?
Eren is the main villain character? Really? Wow! I can't believe. I can't.
If Grisha knew this would happen, why did he let Eren inherit the attack titan?
Is this ED a joke? No. I'll trust Eren, a part of me still believes he'll redeem himself at some point.
Remember. At present, Eren lost his head.
Apr 27, 2023 8:33 AM

Feb 2014
what in the fuck is going on bruv? i am so baffed lool
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Apr 28, 2023 5:10 AM
Aug 2022
So this mf bad seed Eren has been corrupted by that Krueger dude then? 

Damn monkey, your whole birth control plan is your pathetic rebel against your father?
What Erwin has got anything to do with your miserable childhood? I'm so mad at these asscheek bros.   
May 2, 2023 2:17 PM

Nov 2010
Nice trip down memory lane. However, it looks like Zeke's plan backfired.
Wow, what a twist. It was Eren who ordered his father to do all that shit. Ah, that also explains why the Owl has Eren's memory of Mikasa & Armin because of its precognition ability. Interesting.
"Zeke, stop Eren." Oh! Does Eren want to unleash the full power of Rumbling and destroy the rest of the world? That way, Eldians can have their world in peace. I'm fine with that plan too. It's another way of ending the cruel cycle of history repeating itself. Eren can also do something like First King's Will to prevent Eldians from attacking each other.
So Zeke becomes the protagonist, while Eren becomes the full villain at this point? That'll be a cool twist!
May 18, 2023 6:45 PM
Mar 2016
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! That scene with Eren talking to his dad made me rock back and forth!!! Reminding me again why I'm loving the evolution of this show.
May 27, 2023 9:51 AM

Aug 2019
Dude what was this episode. So okay. Eren did not want to go through with the Euthinization plan, and instead he has something worse planned? Something that Grisha feared? What is he about to do...
Jun 5, 2023 2:43 PM
Feb 2020
fodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jun 7, 2023 6:11 PM
Mar 2022
I don't know how to start, nor what to say. The way the episode starts off you assume one thing, but you stay and watch to see how ti plays out and if you're right. In my case, what I saw was some what true, but the truth and twists were still very far off from what I expected, but this episode is now one of my favorites for that very reason. The way it ties things together and explains the plot is fascinating and rather terrifying at some parts. This was a fascinating episode to watch in my opinion.
Jul 11, 2023 4:50 PM
Jul 2023
🧣 The GOAT 🕊️
Aug 2, 2023 6:50 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 13, 2023 7:52 AM

Jan 2023
this episode touched me

Aug 26, 2023 3:51 PM
Aug 2023
Perferct. Must be a number 1 anime.
Sep 2, 2023 12:46 PM
Sep 2023
Eren the Goat Yeager.
Sep 3, 2023 4:37 AM
Jan 2022
One of the best anime episodes I've ever seen
Sep 6, 2023 7:40 AM
Sep 2021
Eren is the inheritor of the attack titan, not Zeke; why is Grisha speaking trough memories with Zeke then? Because they're all family? I must have missed that.
Sep 20, 2023 6:55 AM
May 2021
insanely great episode grisha and erens relationship as well as grisha having a moment with zeke was cool
i also like eren again his back from his emo phase
Albino-52Sep 20, 2023 7:06 AM
Oct 14, 2023 4:40 PM
Oct 2018
meu deus o eren endoidou é isso
Oct 20, 2023 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
This is easily the best twist in AoT and among my top 5 moments in the entire series. It's ironic how Eren breaks Grisha's & Zeke's minds while simultaneously leading them to reconciliation.
Oct 23, 2023 11:56 PM

Oct 2019
That was quite unexpected, to put it mildly.
So Eren was the one who killed the Royal Family and stole the Founding Titan, in effect.

Assuming a single timeline this means multiple time paradoxes but let's put those aside from now.

My question is if Grisha saw the adult Zeke right after killing the Royals, and as he said he'd seen the terror Eren will unleash in the future (and asked Zeke to stop him) why did he still have Eren eat him later on the same night?

If he hadn't done that nothing would have happened.
However in that case there would be no one to protect the Paradis Eldians from the Titans that broke through the walls.

So I suppose he asked Zeke to stop Eren from destroying the rest of the world -assuming that's his plan- but he still needed Eren to protect Paradis from Reiner and co in the shorter term.

That kind of makes sense, though apart from being time-paradoxical when someone is guided by visions from the future it means they lack the free will to make their own choices: they don't do what they want to do, they do what they've seen they will do in the future (self-fulfilling prophecy).

It also looks like Eren will somehow flip the tables on Zeke in that timeless realm despite his misplaced head - or rather body, since Zeke holds his head.
SharpedonOct 24, 2023 12:10 AM
Oct 24, 2023 12:08 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to okikimorde
Eren is the inheritor of the attack titan, not Zeke; why is Grisha speaking trough memories with Zeke then? Because they're all family? I must have missed that.
@okikimorde Because Eren and Zeke are linked -while Zeke holds his head in the physical world- in that timeless realm. The future memories of Grisha come through Eren but Zeke unlocked them due to his Royal blood. And in those memories Zeke is a guest.
Any Royal could do that with whoever hosted the Founding Titan, no need to be family.
Oct 29, 2023 11:54 PM
Jan 2023
E̸̞̘͆̀̀͊̑̈́̓͆͛͝ͅr̴̡̛̦̖̪͎̲̺̻̰̙̫̅̎͛͌͊́ȩ̶̫̠͉͋͑ͅn̸̛̫̻̟̱͉̗͇̘͙̣̥͈͊̅́̐̽͜͝ ̶̹̲̭̼̭͎̰͕̰̙̃̌͑̇́͑͆ͅY̵̧̯̱̮͎̘̣̺͙̑̈̋̽̏͒́̓̉̊ͅé̵̫͔̌̊͂͂́̾̓͘a̴͉͓̖̘͙͆͗̈̓̿ģ̸̳͍͔̘̩̯̙̿̀̽e̴̢̡̛͖͙͍̖̰̫̥̫̳̥͈̗̐̂̏̍͂̅͆͜͠ŕ̵͓͓͈̱̻̞͖̗̹͕̭͚̳̉͊̑̒̓͑̓͊̌̇͘͝
Nov 5, 2023 8:37 AM
May 2023
Excellent episode, a setback for Zeke... so Eren was the one who manipulated his own father into doing everything and Eren was able to see the future, block memories, etc. just amazing. NT Zeke for trying to change Eren and poor Grisha for everything he had to do
ionelHerediaNov 5, 2023 8:41 AM
Nov 6, 2023 6:39 PM
Sep 2022
What an episode...

Unfortunately I had heard about it before, but it still blew my mind. It was crazy to see that Zeke knows Eren in the same way that we know him. And he realises that this is Eren's way and there is no brainwashing.

The connection between the Attack Titan's users is just amazing. Grisha had contact with Zeke and Eren just through his memories, without actually having any direct contact. I just do not understand how Eren would be able to trick Zeke's power and control the Founding Titan.
Nov 10, 2023 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
I have no words.

So since the Coordinate transcends space and time we now know how Kruger somehow knew about Armin and Mikasa, since the Attack Titan can see the memories of future holders of the Attack Titan.
Since it transcends space and time and with the power of the Attack Titan, Eren made all these events come true by influencing Grisha in the past which in turn is how we got here in the first place, eventually gaining both the Founding Titan and the Attack Titan. (With the help of Zeke's royal blood)
Basically we're looking at a specific time in a loop that Eren's trying to escape because he's always talked about wanting true freedom, finally escaping the walls that keep him caged.

We're just along for the ride now to see where Eren will lead us to.

There were already hints of some sort of "time travel" mechanic in past episodes but I absolutely loved this episode.
Nov 30, 2023 6:15 PM

Nov 2023
Holy cows, all of this are so interesting!
Dec 16, 2023 6:54 PM
May 2019
Despite the rushed nature of the episode's production (based on the number of key animators and some inconsistencies of the CD) it's still one of the best episode in the series! The story twist is just impossible to mess up and they NAILED IT!
Jan 3, 2:12 AM

Jun 2017
All those trips to their father's memory only for Zeke to be mindblown. Didn't turn out according to Zeke's plan I see.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 23, 6:26 AM
Dec 2011
Stupid peace of shit
Mar 5, 11:40 AM
Oct 2020
Well, the story has folded back in on itself again and the result is that it has regained my interest. I've made some origami pieces that have les folds than this series, but at least now I'm on board again. I think someone else put it aptly in an earlier comment: we're along for the ride now. Seems that it's Eren's world now. Guess we'll just have to see where it goes.
Mar 9, 7:53 AM
Aug 2010
Holy moly. So in other words the "Attack Titan" knows pretty much all the past and future and thus planed more or less this generations ahead, cause he is the only one which is not corrupted by mind control and have a free will? Damn it's been ages since I saw such an amazing plot twist. I think I will add Eren to my favourite characters now. 10/10 so far. I hope the rest will be amazing as well to keep that score until the end.
Mar 24, 2:48 AM
Jul 2023
This. This right here is the best episode of attack on Titan, and the best plot twist in all of fiction.
- This is just stunning. The attack Titan can see future users memories? How long has he known this… this changes the context of the ENTIRE series.
- BRAVO MAPPA, THANK YOU FOR THIS MASTERPIECE.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

538 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.