Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Actually glad to see this show return. It's goofy and plays itself with its cast. The hydra looked like a meme that came to life.

Not going to lie though, the transformation scenes in this show are something else. They nailed the magical girl element.

Jan 29, 2022 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, it's definitely great to have this back! :)

Another wacky and hilarious episode. This is one of funniest shows of this season.

I loved the transformation sequence. Mahou Shoujo for the win!

SerafosJan 29, 2022 8:59 PM
Jan 29, 2022 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
Hydra-chan was so cute. We need to protect her at all costs.
btw, this series needs more mahou shoujo and less those kamen rider look-alike superheroes.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 29, 2022 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, a Regenerated Hydra downsized against Divine Swordsman Blader, that's not a good pairing.

Yes indeed, magical girls are taking over and Kamen Rider-like superheroes are out. As per usual, Kenji always thinks too much of Kuroitsu's job, and though there's the semblance of compassion between the two, one can't help but think that they're doing something very dark in their jobs, not realizing that they're direct enemies with the same struggles. More budget for Hydra is always nice.

Cannon Thunderbird going for a job interview, and no surprise if he always gets rejected. Might as well work at the company you were borne from. I guess that the Mahou Shoujo formula is in, and they look like a parody of PreCure that's for sure for Reo Shikishima and Yuto Higatani.

The actual ED for the show is quite OK.

Not quite the comeback, but appreciative.
Jan 29, 2022 12:14 PM

Feb 2020
finally!! my weekly dose of Miss Kuroitsu!!

didn't think I'd be watching magical girls alongside these power rangers. nice. Good performance from Yukarin.

Big Bird's got a gun.
Jan 29, 2022 12:40 PM

Apr 2020
Is one of the magical girls a guy? The character looks like one and the interactions between the two characters seemed like the stereotypical anime couple where the guy can't tell when the girl likes him + the name Yuto is masculine, but the subtitles say "schoolgirls"
Jan 29, 2022 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
awww that Tamura Yukari AND Horie Yui combo, perfect as always!
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Jan 29, 2022 1:14 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Hydra, she was just chilling and got attacked for no good reason, It would cliche but still funny if Kuroitsu and Kenshin Blader end up together.
Jan 29, 2022 1:50 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Blader had to use full power to defeat the hydra monster right at the start as he had a job to go to xD.
The magical girls are also defeating evil and protecting the city and Blader is thinking that transforming heroes aren't selling as well anymore...
And Kuroitsu herself was the person to stop Blader from quitting his hero job!
Canon Thunderbird came to a job interview!
And he even saved Hydra from the magical girls!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 29, 2022 1:51 PM
Mar 2021
Can we just appreciate how much of a CHAD Cannon was 😂 after giving people joyously giving people balloons, buddy just bodied through two undefeated warriors, saved the victim being bullied and no scoped a magical core without even looking with one shot after doing the gunspin. He's the MVP without a doubt 😎
Jan 29, 2022 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
Chicken be a Chad to the rescue...

He was even able to destroy a magical girl's core...

This means the Chicken would have won if he wasn't focused on protecting the Hydra and defeat both magical girls. Since without a magic core, heroes are just normal humans.

Chicken only got defeated previously cause he was ranged and was facing against melee heroes. Match Ups matter.

SCvek_1388 said:
Is one of the magical girls a guy? The character looks like one and the interactions between the two characters seemed like the stereotypical anime couple where the guy can't tell when the girl likes him + the name Yuto is masculine, but the subtitles say "schoolgirls"

She's just a tomboy girl with a flat chest. It's a sort of trope that normal looking girls gets enhanced physical features after transforming. AKA "lolis with big boobs = money"
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 29, 2022 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
The names suggests they are a parody of Mahou Tsukai Precure. Cure magical and cure miracle. Yuuto is even voiced by Yui Horie, voice of Cure Magical.
Jan 29, 2022 4:04 PM

Apr 2020
amlg said:

This means the Chicken would have won if he wasn't focused on protecting the Hydra and defeat both magical girls. Since without a magic core, heroes are just normal humans.

Chicken only got defeated previously cause he was ranged and was facing against melee heroes. Match Ups matter.

SCvek_1388 said:

She's just a tomboy girl with a flat chest. It's a sort of trope that normal looking girls gets enhanced physical features after transforming. AKA "lolis with big boobs = money"
Just checked the official site for the anime. He's a guy.
https://kuroitsusan-anime.com/character/
Jan 29, 2022 4:54 PM

Feb 2019
SCvek_1388 said:

Shame they didn't make his transformation like MC in Is this a Zombie?
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 29, 2022 6:14 PM

Sep 2018
Great episode once again, seems to be the underrated show this season, fun show that doesn't take itself seriously.
Jan 29, 2022 8:04 PM

Oct 2016
I love the Yui Horie and Yukari Tamura combo lmao. Pretty good episode! Really nice to have this back after a week delay because of the tsunami warning last week.

I like how the show is giving focus to all sides, the heroes, the "villains," the magical girls and the regular people. There's no way I can root for just one side lmao. Hydra is adorable and Canon is best birb boy.
Jan 29, 2022 9:01 PM
Dec 2018
Mizuki-san was back and I just love how naive she is.
Cannon Thunderbird is indeed a great fighter, now I want to see a rematch with Kenshin Blader
Hydra is too cute
And please give Kuroitsu-san a little more budget!!!
Jan 30, 2022 12:07 AM
Dec 2017
Was that an Akira slide or Cannon's move just looked like it?
Jan 30, 2022 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
God this episode had me in tears at times it was so funny. Some of the jokes are repetitive but they're still funny AF

The Score doesn't reflect this anime unfortunately.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2022 7:14 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Had to wait an extra week for this one, but it was worth the wait, definitely enjoyed this episode, we got to see a lot of exchanges between Blader and Kuroitsu this time, I honestly love his misunderstanding of her job, but now she’s inspiring him to keep being Blader and she doesn’t know it lol, and I also like the Hydra girl, it’s a shame she can’t be as badass as she was supposed to be but at least she’s really cute. The 2nd half was pretty good too, focusing on the new magical girl characters, they’re an interesting duo for sure, they almost seemed like villains chasing the Hydra girl down, but the chicken guy came to her rescue and even knocked one of the magical girls out of her transformation, I’m wondering why he was useless against Blader lol.

I hope we get to see more of the magical girls, would like to see them as reoccurring characters, and I like the lore that magical girls are becoming more popular than transforming heroes, sad truth lol. And I’m very happy to hear that awesome OP again after 2 weeks, as well as a new ED!

SCvek_1388 said:

I was wondering this myself, good to know lol.
Jan 30, 2022 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
Wolf was the only one able to knock down the hero on the first deployment. By losing clothes. But still, it worked, with 100 success rate. This makes her (formerly him) the most successful monster ever. It's sad when the unfortunate corporate decision derails a perfectly working product.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 30, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2012
Blader and Miss Kurotisu unknowingly help each other when off-duty.
Where the protagonist Kuroitsu shows that creating a villain's monsters must follow a typical product design/development cycle. The side characters, Mizuki and Matsuyama show how being a grunt/goon/minion is a gig economy.
When Hydra is in casual wear at the amusement park, her four other heads/sisters bickering reminds me of the three dragon heads meme.
I see Crunchyroll Updated the subs at 15:07 (it originally said "school girls") now they realize that Yuto is a guy according to the official website.
Cannon Thunderbird is the most valuable chicken. His entrance to save his colleague Hydra has to be an Akira reference.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 6, 2022 2:46 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 31, 2022 6:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol I actually like that Hydra monster, better than the wolf girl/guy xD
Jan 31, 2022 9:14 AM
Jul 2019
I really hope this show gets more love. As a working-class drone, the jokes just hit...
Jan 31, 2022 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
Best episode by far, very entertaining.

I like how all the hyrda head have different personality's.

Can't wait to see her complete form with the 8 Hydra heads.
Feb 1, 2022 5:26 PM
Apr 2020
anyone know the name of the new ending song? i try searching the group youtube channel but i found nothing.
Feb 1, 2022 8:32 PM
Mar 2015
Glad the chicken was able to save the hydra from the magical girls
Feb 1, 2022 10:27 PM
Mar 2012
That transformation & fight animation surprisingly great.
Bird just mulling over life after job rejection.
lol so weird after sentai there's licensed heroes, and mahou shoujo vs bird & new Hydra.
Feb 11, 2022 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
Well at least Cannon Thunderbird's interview scene was funny.

Kinda feel like the show's getting increasingly transphobic though. Yet another way in which Heaven's Design Team shows it up.
Feb 17, 2022 3:03 PM

Dec 2016
SCvek_1388 said:
amlg said:

I would say that it was quite obvious from the start, especially since they already established transgender wolf monster.

Also if I remember correctly there is at least one franchise of magical girls in which guy transform into girl*, so probably they are referencing that, similarly how they referencing "local" Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
*I was talking about Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku/Magical Girl Raising Project
Nieznajomy43Feb 17, 2022 3:19 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 1, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2013
This could've been a great episode if they added some common sense of "magical girls are actually bullying a monster taking her time to eat on a table" retort joke..I was waiting for that very punch line but man, they didn't do it. Though, it was still fun
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 10, 2022 7:10 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Hydra, getting more useless heads attached to her which doesn't help in battle against Blader while also making her a more obvious target for cosplaying little girls.

Jun 3, 2022 7:51 PM
Mar 2019
Slightly better episode, still nothing special though.
Jul 27, 2022 4:12 AM

Jun 2021
Naked with a tie”

Being a giant bird monster is tough huh? Lol.

I like how the popular heroes get sponsored and have merch and all that. They need the income anyways, poor Blader is just barely able to make ends meet. He’s a cool hero though, he should totally get sponsored and stuff.

I really hope we get to see more of the part time goon girl. I bet they have it rough too, I can’t imagine the life of a part time goon being very relaxing considering how they ended up last time lol.

Lastly, Kant was a cool looking hero. I gotta start looking into some of these dudes, it’s really cool how they keep featuring “real” heroes. I thought the villain this time looked like Tuxedo Mask haha, I wonder if he’s a real baddie from that other show?
Oct 1, 2022 2:32 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Was this the episode that got delayed?:o>
Mar 4, 2023 5:36 AM
Aug 2021
it has been a long time that i genuinely laughed so hard to a comedy anime.
Jun 2, 2023 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Not enough Wolf in this episode, but Cannon is a lot nicer than I thought. Somehow he looks like he would be incredibly impolite, dunno why xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

42 by dronningenavkake »»
Jul 14, 2023 3:54 AM

» Don't bother with the BD, even that is censored

QPR - Jun 20, 2023

2 by Neidhardt_ »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

31 by Gator »»
Jun 6, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

27 by Gator »»
Jun 5, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

23 by Gator »»
Jun 5, 2023 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.