Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 25, 2022 6:13 PM
Jan 2021
I’ve really enjoyed the series’ art style and animation by Wit but this final season’s style is just not hitting right. Maybe I’ll come around to it but I’m already half way through Final Season Part 1. Am I the only one?
Jan 25, 2022 6:23 PM
May 2021
IMO MAPPA did a better job in bringing the manga to live, and it is more faithful and accurate to the manga. While wit changed some panels and kinda has a different artstyle to the manga.
Jan 25, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2021
Wheather you like it or not, mappa's work is more professional and complete. But deep down all AOT fans know that wit was always the better choice for AOT.
Jan 25, 2022 6:41 PM
Dec 2020
The art style is more in correlation with the manga style and it kinda makes it better I think because it makes things feel darker than the bright colourful seasons of WIT. It actually makes it even better because up until before season 4 the tone overall is lighter but MAPPA reflects the darkness of the situation. Of course your opinion is fine just don't go down the path of completely slandering MAPPA and their work. I've seen threads calling it CRAPPA and stuff. There's difference between preferring a studio (which is what you are I think) and the toxic people who basically told told MAPPA to stuff it even though we wouldn't even have a final season without them. They picked it up after WIT dropped it before the story's completion.
Jan 25, 2022 6:43 PM

Nov 2021
Part 1 art style was meh but Part 2 is just great , maybe you liked wit studio's Thick Shades but srry mate that's never coming back

Jan 25, 2022 6:55 PM
Mar 2021
i personally don’t agree but i see where your coming from! i think MAPPA animation just bring a darker tone to the series which is great for S4. It all comes down to personal taste though.
Jan 25, 2022 7:27 PM
Sep 2021
Took me a while to get used to mappa's art style but it improves overtime and makes a jump in quality in part 2 of the final season but I still do have a soft spot for WIT'S animation style WIT started aot they should have finished it but it is what it is.
Jan 25, 2022 8:16 PM
Jun 2021
NGL, in my opinion Mappa did a better job, Attack on Titan under Wit was dark themed Shounen where as under Mappa, it seems to be more professional, mature and dark themed Seinen show
I can't say if Wit could have done the same thing or animate final season in similar manner, but as for Mappa they really nailed it for me

Maybe I am one of the rare ones who would say that Mappa did a more better job as I could feel the theme of the show more in Mappa's animation
Jan 25, 2022 9:42 PM

Dec 2020
MAPPA did a good job presenting the horror side of aot s4. Which I'm sure wit can't do that, just see S3 pt2, yeah it's good but we just can't really feel the horror in that season, heck we're hyping it instead at the time. While MAPPA successfully do that in s4
Jan 25, 2022 10:35 PM
May 2021
I just hate seeing every character look like they have heart cancer
Jan 25, 2022 11:38 PM
Sep 2018
ShreakyShiki said:
IMO MAPPA did a better job in bringing the manga to live, and it is more faithful and accurate to the manga. While wit changed some panels and kinda has a different artstyle to the manga.

Ok. I get genuinely liking MAPPA's style, I personally do as well, but there's actually no way someone ever thinks that this is in any way, shape, or form better than WIT's legendarily masterful adaptation of the first couple seasons. We did not watch the same anime.
Jan 25, 2022 11:47 PM
Sep 2018
shash_king18 said:
NGL, in my opinion Mappa did a better job, Attack on Titan under Wit was dark themed Shounen where as under Mappa, it seems to be more professional, mature and dark themed Seinen show
I can't say if Wit could have done the same thing or animate final season in similar manner, but as for Mappa they really nailed it for me

Maybe I am one of the rare ones who would say that Mappa did a more better job as I could feel the theme of the show more in Mappa's animation

Well, that's probably because final season is just darker in general. It's not just some action packed, balls to the walls fighting scenes one after the otherr. It's more grounded and greedy. So yes. Obviously it's "more professional, mature and dark themed" but that's more because of the events happening in the story, than the actual adaptation.
Jan 26, 2022 1:10 AM
Jun 2021
F4wxy-Ch4n said:
shash_king18 said:

Well, that's probably because final season is just darker in general. It's not just some action packed, balls to the walls fighting scenes one after the otherr. It's more grounded and greedy. So yes. Obviously it's "more professional, mature and dark themed" but that's more because of the events happening in the story, than the actual adaptation.
Yes yes I understand your valid point mate but still the Mappa design looks more gloomy which is suitable to the actual theme like look in the eyes of every character, those black kind of lines, I mean I don't know how to define that but the character design actually suites more better in Mappa work than Wit works, anyway who knows Wit might have pulled that better, so conclusion is that I am happy that it is atleast getting an adaptation
Jan 26, 2022 1:13 AM
Sep 2018
shash_king18 said:
F4wxy-Ch4n said:

Yes yes I understand your valid point mate but still the Mappa design looks more gloomy which is suitable to the actual theme like look in the eyes of every character, those black kind of lines, I mean I don't know how to define that but the character design actually suites more better in Mappa work than Wit works, anyway who knows Wit might have pulled that better, so conclusion is that I am happy that it is atleast getting an adaptation

Yeah... Imagine getting AOT amidst a f%cking pandemic and complaining about it. Can't relate.
Jan 26, 2022 3:09 AM
Dec 2021
The CG ain't that bad, it's just that it didn't blend in well with the pacing in the action, it toned me down a bit, but Season 4 Part 2 though, did it better
Jan 26, 2022 3:56 AM
Jan 2021
Anime_-freak9 said:
The art style is more in correlation with the manga style and it kinda makes it better I think because it makes things feel darker than the bright colourful seasons of WIT. It actually makes it even better because up until before season 4 the tone overall is lighter but MAPPA reflects the darkness of the situation. Of course your opinion is fine just don't go down the path of completely slandering MAPPA and their work. I've seen threads calling it CRAPPA and stuff. There's difference between preferring a studio (which is what you are I think) and the toxic people who basically told told MAPPA to stuff it even though we wouldn't even have a final season without them. They picked it up after WIT dropped it before the story's completion.
You make a good about how they “reflect the darkness.” I think if I watch in that light and not with wit tinted glasses I might enjoy it more
Jan 26, 2022 4:57 AM
Apr 2021
Wits AOT is far superiour, no matter how you look at it fits better
Jan 26, 2022 7:31 PM

May 2020
domata said:

this would almost make sense if the two seasons MAPPA has done werent in the top 3 highest rated aot seasons lmao
Jan 26, 2022 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
NickCipolla said:
domata said:

this would almost make sense if the two seasons MAPPA has done werent in the top 3 highest rated aot seasons lmao
ah yes, here we see the pubescent brat, DickCipolla, contradicting and clowning himself to garner the attention he lacked as a kid again.
On another thread: "CGI ruins a good show, as seen by AoT s4"
On this thread: "MAPPA's has higher ratings so it's actually better than wit's"
What truly amusing sight it is. Another day, another reason to laugh at DickCipolla.
Jan 26, 2022 10:39 PM

May 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
NickCipolla said:

ah yes, here we see the pubescent brat, DickCipolla, contradicting and clowning himself to garner the attention he lacked as a kid again.
What truly amusing sight it is. Another day, another reason to laugh at DickCipolla.

who are you again? i forgot
Jan 26, 2022 10:45 PM
Jul 2021
At least Mappa did it and not studio DEEN.
Jan 26, 2022 10:52 PM

Feb 2019
NickCipolla said:
TheRailTracerMAL said:

Why the guy you've 'lose' to for more than a thousandth (and counting as always) times obcourse. Though honestly, you shouldn't mind me that much the next time I pass by. I'm just laughing at you like everyone else is.
Jan 27, 2022 12:44 AM
Apr 2021
NickCipolla said:
domata said:

Living in your head rent free i see
Jan 27, 2022 1:08 AM

May 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
NickCipolla said:

Why the guy you've 'lose' to for more than a thousandth (and counting as always) times obcourse. Though honestly, you shouldn't mind me that much the next time I pass by. I'm just laughing at you like everyone else is.

arent u the guy who uses twitch emotes mid conversation lol
Jan 27, 2022 1:20 AM

Feb 2019
NickCipolla said:
TheRailTracerMAL said:

I honestly don't know how you got the impression that, that's, in any way, a good comeback. Now you just revealed to me that you're a twitch peasant. People still use twitch? What is this, like 2018? That aside, aren't you the guy who keeps 'losing' to me though? No need to answer I already know lol.
Jan 27, 2022 4:22 AM
Jun 2021
Your mom isn’t doing it for me
Jan 27, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
NickCipolla said:

I honestly don't know how you got the impression that, that's, in any way, a good comeback. Now you just revealed to me that you're a twitch peasant. People still use twitch? What is this, like 2018? That aside, aren't you the guy who keeps 'losing' to me though? No need to answer I already know lol.

you used the word copium so i had to google it. i use the dictionary
Jan 27, 2022 7:54 PM

Feb 2019
NickCipolla said:
TheRailTracerMAL said:

I didn't ask, and I don't got any use for that information.
Jan 27, 2022 7:59 PM

May 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
NickCipolla said:

you used 3 question marks, which are for questions. therefore, you asked 3 times
Jan 27, 2022 8:03 PM

Feb 2019
NickCipolla said:
TheRailTracerMAL said:

you used 3 question marks, which are for questions. therefore, you asked 3 times
I did? Can't remember. Still didn't ask though.
Jan 27, 2022 8:29 PM

May 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
NickCipolla said:

well thats why when u quote a post it shows every previous post, so u can look back if you do forget!
Jan 27, 2022 8:32 PM

Feb 2019
NickCipolla said:
TheRailTracerMAL said:

well thats why when u quote a post it shows every previous post, so u can look back if you do forget!
i didn't know that. i wouldn't do it either, but thanks.
Jan 27, 2022 8:54 PM

May 2020
TheRailTracerMAL said:
NickCipolla said:

i didn't know that. i wouldn't do it either, but thanks.

i didnt ask, nor do i care
Jan 27, 2022 8:57 PM

Feb 2019
@NickCipolla aka DickCipolla
"i didnt ask, nor do i care"
Jan 27, 2022 9:13 PM

Sep 2019
I love 💕😘 @TheRailTracerMAL and @NickCipolla. Love you guys ❤️💜. More fight. It's took ma interest.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 27, 2022 9:19 PM

Feb 2019
Peeti said:
I love 💕😘 @TheRailTracerMAL and @NickCipolla. Love you guys ❤️💜. More fight. It's took ma interest.
why thank you! It's always fun bantering with my silly little pal, DickCipolla here. Very hilarious fella.
Jan 27, 2022 9:25 PM

Sep 2019
TheRailTracerMAL said:
Peeti said:
why thank you! It's always fun bantering with my silly little pal, DickCipolla here. Very hilarious fella.
I love Aot forums because of that. Debates, fights, revenge happen here
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 27, 2022 9:34 PM

Feb 2019
Peeti said:
TheRailTracerMAL said:
oh, that is quite an underestimation. My pal here, DickCipolla, does this on EVERY thread! And I almost always end up looking after him after he gets bullied :( . Do look forward to some of those threads as well ;)
Jan 27, 2022 9:37 PM

Sep 2019
TheRailTracerMAL said:
Peeti said:
oh, that is quite an underestimation. My pal here, DickCipolla, does this on EVERY thread! And I almost always end up looking after him after he gets bullied :( . Do look forward to some of those threads as well ;)
oh, now it's even more addicting. Love-hate debates has come into the variety.
Jan 27, 2022 9:46 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah Mappa has indeed made its artstyle more akin to what we see in the manga, but even still, part 1 felt rough around the edges. For part 2 though, so far, it's been looking really good. No complaints, only praise. Thank you mappa

Still miss wit studio and its more clean, fluid animation

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 28, 2022 10:00 PM
Jun 2021
its just caused they rushed part one is all . they did way better on part two . and is probably getting paid a bit more who knows

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.