Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sabikui Bisco (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2022 5:43 AM
Dec 2015
Fluxje said:
Nice Episode again!
Milo better eats a mushroom that turns him into a woman soon though, to much gay vibes off him

Why, thou? I think there are ok as they are 7w7
Jan 25, 2022 6:02 AM
Jan 2022
I haven't been bothered by the time jumps until this episode. It felt completely out of place and was just confusing for the sake of it

Other than that still very much enjoying this series

4/5
Jan 25, 2022 9:29 AM

Dec 2020
bisco😓😓 kicked pawoo right in the boobas😓 but thats fine ig since beside pawoo bisco's also pretty.. Yk. ..👍👍👍

mushroom keepers are actually people whomare Helping the world from this rust shit lmao and im guessing that mushroom eater or whatever that can even eat rust out of people is bisco? dumbass dont even know hes the main character

bisco crying there BRO. i mean his mengor Did just survive when he thought he'd die but that was unexpected

mountains actually a crab?? WWWWHAT. actagawa got nothing on this mountain crab lmao
Jan 25, 2022 10:53 AM

Jul 2021
We now know Bisco's true intent, and I'm curious to see how the story unfolds going forward.
Fortunately, Jabi's health has improved and I hope the same will happen with Pawoo.
asdasdsadad
Jan 25, 2022 11:42 AM
Apr 2021
bourrasque said:
hahaha... I knew it.
They shuffled through the timeline for no apparent reason.
It was completely meaningless.
nice.

Do you mean that one scene where Bisco told the gate cops to give the mushroom hippo dung to fertilize it? I thought that scene felt out of sequence or something.
Jan 25, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 2021
lizzziziz said:

mountains actually a crab?? WWWWHAT. actagawa got nothing on this mountain crab lmao

It looks like the desert area is either a dried up ocean or else local fauna evolved to take on ocean animal forms, but to live on dry land and swim through land and air.
Look at all the whales and schools of fish in the intro credits.

For that matter, I know Bisco agreed to take Milo on as his partner, but also from the opening credit sequence, it looks like Milo gets a bow and becomes a mushroom dude in his own right - which would be awesome to see. Could have a training section where we see how the spores actually spread and grow after the arrows are fired by mushroom keepers. Some background on the lore of it, and with his medical training informing his learning process.

I can’t wait. This is my favorite new show and I’m even too excited to wait til it is all released and then binge it. I watch as the come out, for this one.
Jan 25, 2022 1:00 PM

Jul 2010
I wonder why they keep jumping to the past even if that's completely unneccessary. Like... we get it. That happened. You honestly can tell the story from point A to point Z and not turn the entire alphabet into unreadable mess... reminds me of Drrr/Baccano but in these shows it actually made sense to show other characters' perspective and stuff
Jan 25, 2022 3:27 PM
Apr 2021
If they follow the original story

1.In the first episode, Bisco will say his name.
2.In the first episode, Akutagawa, Sand-hippos, and Escargot all appear.
3.In the first episode, there will be a lot of fighting scenes.
4.In the first episode, they can suggest the relevance between mushrooms and rust.
5.In the first episode, they can complete the border gate scene.(Chopping and dragging it out to the third episode is ridiculous, of course.)
6.And in the first episode, they can make Milo appear as long as they want.

wait... What a PERFECT first episode!?!?
What the hell did they shuffle the timeline for???
Jan 25, 2022 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
this show is getting better and better!
so what i understand is according to Jabi, these colossal mushrooms are supposed to absorb rust just like purifying them, but not instantaneous...but other common people see them as the opposite...that's quite a contrast...hope they explain that as well...
5/5.

Jan 25, 2022 8:43 PM

May 2021
This show just vibes in terms of atmosphere, like I can relax and watch this without constantly cringing, flows really well

Jan 25, 2022 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
This is pretty good. I am curious to see what happens next. I like Pawoo. She's a badass.
Jan 25, 2022 11:48 PM
Aug 2020
never expected that i would like a show about mushrooms
Jan 26, 2022 1:27 AM

May 2012
I watched 3 episodes, and I still no idea what people like about it. Noting special about it. Story is average
Jan 26, 2022 1:48 AM

Jun 2013
Bisco is really a huge tsundere, he really thought Jabi was about to die & almost cried when he found out that old man's still kickin' lol

this scene was so funny, mf's impatient 😂
Jan 26, 2022 6:45 AM

Aug 2021
The action sequences in the episode were out of the world. Bisco turned out to be pretty sweet despite the tough-guy act that he's pulling and Pawoo was badass with how went to beat Bisco up when she heard the news about Milo. And, I don't know how, but they managed to make a giant crab have personality. That all by itself could be added to the list of top 10 coolest things that happened in this episode xD
Jan 26, 2022 6:48 AM

Jan 2021
Every time I watch an episode, I just love to point out how good and detailed the environment background is. The color of sand, rust and greenery is all just a feast for the eyes.
Plus that monster thing in the end looks kind of cool.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 26, 2022 2:40 PM

Sep 2017
So the journey begins. Kinda dumb that the main conflict of this series is a misunderstanding about what the mushrooms can do. But if these last few years have taught us anything it's that people are irredeemably stupid and misinformation can spread like fire.
Jan 26, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
I can't get used to the bad Segway's But overall nb.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 26, 2022 4:14 PM

May 2021
Seems like the set-up is complete. Hopefully the episodes get even better from here on.
Glad to learn more about Bisco. Off we go.

Jan 26, 2022 5:02 PM
Apr 2021
Donutposse said:
bourrasque said:
hahaha... I knew it.
They shuffled through the timeline for no apparent reason.
It was completely meaningless.
nice.

Do you mean that one scene where Bisco told the gate cops to give the mushroom hippo dung to fertilize it? I thought that scene felt out of sequence or something.

They cut and paste that scene out to episode 3.
I don't know why they did that.
Jan 27, 2022 1:15 AM
Apr 2021
[quote=bourrasque message=65567064]
Donutposse said:
bourrasque said:

They cut and paste that scene out to episode 3.
I don't know why they did that.

That image is super helpful, thank you. I really like this show, and the resequencing was clunky, but not fatal (to me). But this saved me the brain cells I would have burned up trying to sort it out myself, so I appreciate it!
Jan 27, 2022 3:08 PM
Sep 2018
Haha Bisco was acting like Sonic the hedgehog while he waited for Milo to say goodbye to Pawoo XD
Jan 28, 2022 10:09 PM

Feb 2019
If you could just solve the pacing, this would at least be decent. The characters are generally fine. There's some kind of story, though I really don't get why it keeps bouncing around chronologically. The animation is still kind of bad too. They put a little bit of effort into the sparring match between Boobs and Grumpy, but that clearly came at the cost of the ending sequence, which was almost embarrassingly poorly animated and in no way, shape, or form any kind of climax despite the loudly playing hero music.

But it gets sucked into long exposition dump after long exposition dump, usually where it has people in two different places, sometimes even times, explaining the same thing to multiple people. Not even well either, where the two different conversations are put together into one whole that gives the audience a complete picture. Here, they were just straight up repeating each other; having the same conversation upwards of three times in a row. Not even for any real reason because in most of them, the other side just screams about how it's all a conspiracy and lies. Nor is it interesting stuff either. Mushrooms are good. They are anti-plague. But the government lies. Not exactly something that needs to be repeated three or four times in this episode alone, leaving us with an episode that was about five minutes of actual content and at least 12 minutes of repetition.
Jan 29, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2015
Hey Nico, lets go bowling!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 31, 2022 6:38 AM

Apr 2020
Pawoo vs Bisco, the result? Well not that satisfying, but we did get a Bisco kick to Pawoo's....yeah dat gotta hurt.

Looks like Jabi is actually fine, and we finally got to know what Bisco's mission is, and with the proof that Milo can dispense the medicine, it looks like the story is turning into a "Catch Me if You Can" plotline.

With one goodbye to his sister, the two is now set to explore the world, and woah this might be exciting yet chaotic at the same time. And I'm hopefully loving it. Also the official OP is now here, and lemme just say the shot of Pawoo looking like a badass is certified satisfaction, need to get a wallpaper for that.
Feb 1, 2022 2:39 PM

Dec 2018
I give up, this is undecipherable
Feb 13, 2022 5:59 PM
Sep 2020
The series is getting better imo.

Hyped for the adventure they're about to go on. I'm happy they're hasn't been much fanservice so far, definitely a +.
Feb 20, 2022 3:58 AM

Aug 2017
So mushroom keepers are hated by everyone and now its an adventure anime. Ok.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 27, 2022 9:28 PM

Nov 2019
Wow this episode answered all my episode 1 questions. Bisco is basically doing all that terrorism to prevent rust wind from infecting the people.

Pawoo is kind of naiive in her fight against Bisco,he did have some valid claims ngl.

I'm starting to enjoy this, it gives me made in abyss season 1 vibes.
Mar 14, 2022 7:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty nice fight against Milo's sister, though he already proved how skilled he is by beating her easily, fortunately she wasn't killed, anyway it's so how they're mistaken as terrorists because the mushrooms are actually not what's spreading the rust, but to be honest I understand why they would be afraid of mushrooms and think that.
Mar 22, 2022 4:39 PM
Dec 2019
Bisco and Milo's journey is finally going to begin. I can't wait to see how crazy it'll be.
May 27, 2022 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
Bisco is quite the cupid, shooting an arrow straight towards Pawoo's heart.

So far interesting to learn on the mushrooms and how its used to stop the rust.

Jun 28, 2022 5:24 PM

Jan 2015
Not that entertaining an episode to me, it felt like a lot of exposition that could have been condensed into half an episode. Looking forward to seeing it pick up the pace (hopefully), now that some things about the world have been explained.
Aug 7, 2022 8:38 AM

Feb 2018
Pawoo would have beaten Bisco if it wasn't for her Rust. Glad to see Jabi's still going strong.. Milo & Bisco are off! with crab-san that is :P
Apr 13, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2020
So I was on the mark. Mushrooms are good then. Ok but God damn. Leave a note or something. I swear the sister is gonna come back and hunt em down and if it's another revenge thing then ughghghghg
Jan 6, 6:38 AM
Jan 2024
so far so good

[SPOILER]
feel sad that the grandpa was left behind but at least now i know that the mc's name it means strong child and there is a drink that has the same name and is advertised as a chocho drink that gives kids strength, pretty cool (insert thumbs up emoji)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

85 by Yasminaa »»
Apr 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Mar 28, 2022

141 by Talamare »»
Jan 14, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

101 by Talamare »»
Jan 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

200 by Koukyoukyoku »»
Jan 10, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MadanielFL - Mar 21, 2022

116 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jan 8, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.