Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 20, 2022 3:53 AM
Sep 2021
I've seen people in other threads saying that the first part of the show didn't really do well in Japan and that the show barely boosted the sales for the manga. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? If the show didn't do well then why would the studio continue with a second part?
Jan 20, 2022 4:09 AM
Nov 2019
Because the 2nd part was announced before it even aired.
Jan 20, 2022 4:26 AM
Jul 2021
I don’t know if that’s true or not, but I thought that the series were doing well.
If so, I’m surprised cause Mochijun is a well known mangaka imo
Jan 20, 2022 6:57 AM
Feb 2021
Sales are low as compare to other manga because it's a monthly manga,so it's very obvious that it's sales low as compare to weekly manga's.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Jan 20, 2022 7:27 AM

Nov 2015
Not really because it's too straight.

https://vote.animefestival.jp/
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Jan 20, 2022 7:43 AM

Aug 2017
it doesn’t really matter if a series does well in japan because if it does well overseas thats enough for the animation studios, production committee, producers etc.
Jan 20, 2022 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
-Elevate- said:
it doesn’t really matter if a series does well in japan because if it does well overseas thats enough for the animation studios, production committee, producers etc.
-Elevate- said:

...and other hilarious jokes you can tell yourself.

They don't give a fuck about us. Japan is their main market.
Jan 20, 2022 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
-Elevate- said:
then wer Baccano season 2 :(
Jan 20, 2022 11:27 AM

Aug 2017
shivamrajput958 said:
Sales are low as compare to other manga because it's a monthly manga,so it's very obvious that it's sales low as compare to weekly manga's.

Well, Shingeki no Kyojin was a monthly manga and it sold quite well compared to other weekly manga so I don't really see the point of this comparison...

But anyways, it's true that the sales for Vanitas no Carte seem to be not impressive, but to really see the impact of the anime on the manga sales we need to wait for a new volume release.
Jan 20, 2022 11:29 AM
Feb 2021
Myskae said:
shivamrajput958 said:

Well, Shingeki no Kyojin was a monthly manga and it sold quite well compared to other weekly manga so I don't really see the point of this comparison...

But anyways, it's true that the sales for Vanitas no Carte seem to be not impressive, but to really see the impact of the anime on the sales we need to wait for a new volume release.
yeah that's what I'm trying to say ,and anyways most af the series popular in Japan are idol shows,isekai or power fantacy so it's not new.

Jan 20, 2022 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Chiribei said:
-Elevate- said:
-Elevate- said:

they literally care about overseas a lot tho if you really think japan only cares about their own country then u’re living 20 years in the past. honestly if u ask for proof i am not gonna bother to show you any just the mere fact that there is so many isekai which the west adores and or fast anime adaptations of popular manga that are popular in the weat just speaks volumes.
Jan 20, 2022 10:02 PM
Feb 2021
-Elevate- said:
Chiribei said:

they literally care about overseas a lot tho if you really think japan only cares about their own country then u’re living 20 years in the past. honestly if u ask for proof i am not gonna bother to show you any just the mere fact that there is so many isekai which the west adores and or fast anime adaptations of popular manga that are popular in the weat just speaks volumes.
English translations of manga and dub version itself a proof that they care about West as well,and cruncyroll,funimation,aniplex, Netflix also stream anime outside japan as well so they do care about West as well.

Jan 20, 2022 11:34 PM
Jul 2020
shivamrajput958 said:
-Elevate- said:

English translations of manga and dub version itself a proof that they care about West as well,and cruncyroll,funimation,aniplex, Netflix also stream anime outside japan as well so they do care about West as well.

While they do care, it's hard to quantify how much they actually do care. I mean we have a lot of instances of Japanese studio's not caring about western audiences, and we also have the opposite. I think it's often a case of a Japanese company releasing an anime and then the streaming sites pay for the licenses and then the Japanese company doesn't bat an eye. The japanese studio's don't care at all how well translated it is. So i don't think they care as much as the fact that they just don't see a reason to say no to the license money.
Jan 20, 2022 11:40 PM

Oct 2017
Chiribei said:
-Elevate- said:
-Elevate- said:

Objectively that isn't true half of the industry profits are coming from the international fandom. Plus the domestic market is either stagnating or degrading whereas most of the growth that is expanding the industry is coming from overseas.
Jan 21, 2022 11:55 AM

Feb 2016
Zenress said:
shivamrajput958 said:

While they do care, it's hard to quantify how much they actually do care. I mean we have a lot of instances of Japanese studio's not caring about western audiences, and we also have the opposite. I think it's often a case of a Japanese company releasing an anime and then the streaming sites pay for the licenses and then the Japanese company doesn't bat an eye. The japanese studio's don't care at all how well translated it is. So i don't think they care as much as the fact that they just don't see a reason to say no to the license money.

It is cheaper that way. The less Japan cares about the west's opinion, the better though. Cause that's the reason manga and anime are doing as well as they are.
Jan 21, 2022 12:02 PM
Jul 2020
Zweifooter said:
Zenress said:

It is cheaper that way. The less Japan cares about the west's opinion, the better though. Cause that's the reason manga and anime are doing as well as they are.

I agree one hundred %. The more they just let the west deal with the material they obtained through a license as they please. The better and easier the culture can spread. It used to be a pretty hardcore and hard to get into culture, because of fan subs and such back in the day way before I was even born. But because the licenses give the west so much freedom, it's become a lot more friendly for newer people to get engaged with anime, manga, light novels and other Japanese arts.

It also means that the percentage of people who end up really involved and interested in Japan is higher because the entry curve is a lot easier. It makes me happy to know that it's getting easier for others to enjoy the things I enjoy as well. Who know, a certain percentage of enjoyers will end up wanting to live closer to the origin of their hobby and learn the language just as I.
Feb 14, 2022 5:16 PM
Dec 2021
Vanitas no Carte is not that popular in Japan. And base on the sale counts for the manga, merchandise, DVD etc. it doesn't sell much despite it having an anime. Based on my observations, from the reviews and such, that's mainly because they are not a fan of the genre and the pairings in the story so they often ignore it, drop it or just simply read/watch it but not buying anything.
Feb 14, 2022 6:11 PM
Nov 2021
AjiX101 said:
Vanitas no Carte is not that popular in Japan. And base on the sale counts for the manga, merchandise, DVD etc. it doesn't sell much despite it having an anime. Based on my observations, from the reviews and such, that's mainly because they are not a fan of the genre and the pairings in the story so they often ignore it, drop it or just simply read/watch it but not buying anything.

I can see that. The romance and romantic pairings are actually the main reason why I didn't buy the manga and the DVD's. I'll be honest, I really find vanijeanne appalling, I can't stand them so there's no way I'm going to buy a manga or stuffs that they're at it. So Im just reading the manga free online. Though I'm buying individual merchandises like vanitas, noè, dominique etc and vanoè merchandise. I also bought the vnc music albums and planning to buy the new op and ed because they're beautiful.
Aug 4, 2022 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
Zenress said:
Zweifooter said:

I agree one hundred %. The more they just let the west deal with the material they obtained through a license as they please. The better and easier the culture can spread. It used to be a pretty hardcore and hard to get into culture, because of fan subs and such back in the day way before I was even born. But because the licenses give the west so much freedom, it's become a lot more friendly for newer people to get engaged with anime, manga, light novels and other Japanese arts.

It also means that the percentage of people who end up really involved and interested in Japan is higher because the entry curve is a lot easier. It makes me happy to know that it's getting easier for others to enjoy the things I enjoy as well. Who know, a certain percentage of enjoyers will end up wanting to live closer to the origin of their hobby and learn the language just as I.

Well, I that's not quite what I meant, but I appreciate the points you brought up. I avidly dislike the 4kids approach of thinking you need to erase every trace of the culture in the show that they can, that most localizers these days make. I'm a big advocate for fansubs, and still getting the original story, unaltered, with the correct characterization still in tact. I'm not saying we need "Editor's Note: Keikkaku means plan." tier stuff. But think about what translation is. Good translation does its best to get the meaning of a sentence across as closely as possible from one language to another. Modern localizations don't do that anymore. They often completely re-write scripts, use the characters as their political mouthpieces, and *fix* certain terms by intentionally mistranslating them because they don't agree. And while I agree that it's good that it's getting more people into the hobby, it bothers me a little that we may not even have watched the same show, just because I watched the sub/fan-sub and they watched the dub.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

82 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2022

74 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2022

54 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 11, 2022

64 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.