Forum Settings
Forums

Seriously Crunchyroll??? What are these nominees????!!!!

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 20, 2022 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
Yaboyblunty said:
The tokyo revengers anime was unspectacular to say the least
It definitely doesn't deserve anime of the year

Are you serious? Tokyo Revengers won anime of the year?
Jan 20, 2022 2:46 PM

Dec 2019
CR being CR. They're just being retarded like usual.
Jan 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Aug 2021
Tell me about it there are far more better animes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2022 2:52 PM
Dec 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Scordolo said:

It's technically cour 2.
1-13 Episodes is cour 1 and 14-24 episodes is Cour 2.
They aren't trying to be "slick". You just don't have enough knowledge about these things.

Read what I said above in this post. Plus, Cour 2 was aired in 2021 so it's easily valid for nomination. That's like saying none of the sequels deserve to be nominated because they already got nominated in previous awards.

Lol, you people will always complain. When Crunchyroll nominates only popular Anime you all complain, and when they try to give underrated shows some recognition, you all complain anyways. And here I am, just being happy that Odd taxi is finally getting recognition it deserves,

Hmmm, now I think you're wrong.

Jujutsu Kaisen has only 1 season and two nominations for anime of the year. It's not correct.

A sequel = new season

Jujutsu didn't get a new season, it only has 2 cours

Is it really that AOT will eventually be nominated for next year with CSm and Bleach you are big hypocrites, AOT suckers
Jan 20, 2022 2:53 PM
Dec 2021
SynapticBlast said:
Bro what do you expect Crunchyroll is the most normie shit. Realistically only inexperienced anime watchers are going to use Crunchyroll and so they nominate trash anime that has a broad audience.
Phosphophyllita said:
Scordolo said:

It's technically cour 2.
1-13 Episodes is cour 1 and 14-24 episodes is Cour 2.
They aren't trying to be "slick". You just don't have enough knowledge about these things.

Read what I said above in this post. Plus, Cour 2 was aired in 2021 so it's easily valid for nomination. That's like saying none of the sequels deserve to be nominated because they already got nominated in previous awards.

Lol, you people will always complain. When Crunchyroll nominates only popular Anime you all complain, and when they try to give underrated shows some recognition, you all complain anyways. And here I am, just being happy that Odd taxi is finally getting recognition it deserves,

Jujutsu Kaisen has only 1 season and two nominations for anime of the year. It's not correct.

A sequel = new season

Is it really that AOT will eventually be nominated for next year with CSm and Bleach you are big hypocrites, AOT suckers

REzero Is trash crying in silence
Jan 20, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2018
Azervg134 said:
SynapticBlast said:
Bro what do you expect Crunchyroll is the most normie shit. Realistically only inexperienced anime watchers are going to use Crunchyroll and so they nominate trash anime that has a broad audience.
Phosphophyllita said:

A sequel = new season

REzero Is trash crying in silence

Why did you quote me? I didn't understand.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 20, 2022 5:08 PM
Jan 2022
all I'm gonna say is they could've done way WAY better. They should just let us nominate or let Japan do it lol
Jan 20, 2022 5:08 PM
Jan 2022
all I'm gonna say is they could've done way WAY better. They should just let us nominate or let Japan do it lol
Jan 20, 2022 6:02 PM

Jan 2019
I have to agree, the nominees this year are quite bad; other than 86 I have literally zero interest in like 90% of the big shows that were nominated. What about Fruits Basket The Final? Even Slime season 2 was epic! I just feel like it was the same 5 over-hyped shows nominated over and over: Jujutsu Kaisen, Odd Taxi, Attack on Titan s4 p1, Ranking of Kings, and Wonder Egg Priority. Also, I thought people hated Wonder Egg Priority but whatever. The only category I was pleased with was “Best Film”; every one is good or at least looks good.

Then again, I’ve only seen a handful of shows from 2021 so maybe I should just keep my opinions to myself. :)
Jan 20, 2022 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
@ElNino02 sorry for bothering you with the @, but do you remember what I said in your thread? It holds true here.
Jan 20, 2022 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Dude I am SOOOOOOO disappointed by the nominees for this year's anime awards. 90 percent of the categories featured the same five anime. Like did these judges only watch Megalobox, jjk, aot, Mushoku Tensei, and odd Taxi? Also shows like odd Taxi feels like they just threw it in there because they had to so their award shows could have a slither of credibility by having a very unknown show so it doesn't look like the popularity awards. Like these anime of the year are terrible. I'm super duper shocked that Tokyo Revengers one of the absolute most popular shows this year wasn't nominated for anime of the year. And I have no clue how Vivy isn't in that category either. I mean this is BAAAAAAD this is really REALLY BAD!!!!!! And the reason why this bothers me so much is because I love anime. And here you have the biggest anime service doing an awards show for anime and they do this???? It feels like the people at Crunchyroll don't really watch anime they're like regular casual anime fans that only watch action and the popular shonen of the year. Ugh.... God man

Well, cope! You should make your own awards.
Jan 20, 2022 8:38 PM

Sep 2020
mwinner said:
@ElNino02 sorry for bothering you with the @, but do you remember what I said in your thread? It holds true here.
No problem, and yeah, I do remember. I agree, but you've gotta admit that it does make for great entertainment. I keep coming back to this thread, it's just a lot of fun to see people collectively lose brain cells over an inconsequential award show.
Jan 20, 2022 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
I stopped watching Crunchyroll because the quality of the anime sucks, not to mention the paywall for so little options is unforgivable.
Jan 21, 2022 12:40 AM

Mar 2021
It's just a popularity contest. Less popular shows no matter how good you and I think they are stand no chance at winning when you've got a show like aot as a contender.
Jan 21, 2022 12:57 AM
Mar 2021
imo the nominees would be so much worse if they were up to a public vote. as it is, the winners are probably going to be wack as heck.
Jan 21, 2022 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
elnino02 said:
mwinner said:
No problem, and yeah, I do remember. I agree, but you've gotta admit that it does make for great entertainment. I keep coming back to this thread, it's just a lot of fun to see people collectively lose brain cells over an inconsequential award show.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. It's hilarious.
Jan 21, 2022 8:30 AM

Dec 2020
As expected, the crunchyroll anime award nominations are garbage but why is Sonny Boy a nominee for AOTY but Final Season of Furuba isn't?

Jan 21, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
I’m just sad that Gintama The Final and World Trigger 2nd/3rd Season weren’t nominated.

Not that I’m surprised by that though lol

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 21, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2021
Well, Wonder Egg Priority absolutely sucked when you consider the ending but we all know why it got the nominations. I can agree with Odd Tax as an arthouse anime. We all know why 86 is on there even if it is not finished and why Mushoku Tensei only had the first cour considered when it already finished its season but we are not supposed to say that either. You need to have a brain-dead battle shounen like JJK for ....reasons. No controversy. Art is supposed to be bland and if it includes the right political/social statement then all the better. It's like the Oscars. I only care, though, if it affects the industry. Give the box office bomb the award but please, please make a season 2 of MT. It is the best thing I have seen in years.
Jan 21, 2022 2:23 PM

May 2013
i think it's a nice mix of popular ones and not so popular anime. it's nice seeing vivy there

Jan 21, 2022 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
>streaming services
not even once.
Jan 21, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2010
I feel like I hear a ton of people complaining about their choices every time so I'm not surprised.
Jan 21, 2022 4:48 PM

Jan 2020
yall neva happy like when jujutsu kaisen got ittttttttt
Jan 21, 2022 5:08 PM
Jan 2020
i knew i was being trolled when there was no gugu or fushi in best boy. I think as every year crunchy roll is missing a couple in a category and as result has usually a couple wild picks. Like jobless reincarnation should at least be in the category for aoty, eren shouldnt be best antagonist and protagonist, echidna isnt a major villain of rezero s2p2. I dont like that jjk 2 cour is included and we have to judge ranking of kings when its not finished (and i assume it will count 2 cour for next season).
Jan 21, 2022 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
Why is anyone still surprised the Crunchyhole awards are terrible? I don't even watch that shit and I know its always going to be ass. Just like every other awards show.
Jan 21, 2022 5:52 PM

May 2021
AwokenStroken said:
You say it's just popular stuff, then you point how they add Odd Taxi, but not Tokyo Revengers. Then you point out that it wasn't added even though it was one of the most popular shows this year...

Do you know how to properly make an argument? /gen

(2)

Anyway, I wanted Sonny Boy to be AOTY but that might be impossible because it wasn't as popular as the others nominee.

Jan 21, 2022 6:23 PM

Dec 2020
I just couldn't stand anime of the year category.If jjk cour 2 is in the anime of the year then definitely detective Conan and one piece should really be in the nominees

For your Information:

Jan 21, 2022 10:53 PM

Mar 2021
mwinner said:
Jesus - Tai coming in with the sarcasm bomb once again.

Jan 22, 2022 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
MeanMrMusician said:
mwinner said:
Jesus - Tai coming in with the sarcasm bomb once again.

It's sporadic, but when it comes, I hope it's entertaining.
Jan 22, 2022 7:24 PM

Jan 2020
I'm glad they didn't include Vivy in AOTY nominee, also no Tokyo Revengers is an anomaly. CR literally break their own pattern
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jan 22, 2022 7:30 PM

Jan 2022
What bourgeois mind would care about subjective awards and polls?
Jan 22, 2022 11:24 PM

May 2017
idk if i totally hate the nominees. but the final fight from demon slayer train arc wasn't on best fights. it's literally the best part of that movie/show.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

218 by sodaJar »»
9 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 3 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

100 by Piromysl »»
18 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

96 by Smugdear »»
19 minutes ago

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 16

38 by Rhaelynne »»
33 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by TsutanaiFuun »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.