Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2022 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Gold, siege battle, strategies. Damn, this show isn't afraid to take any risks when it comes to military plans.

One more amusing thing about the episode is how they're protraying Wein from behind the scenes. He plays this out like a chess player and controls the battlefield like a chessboard. And when it comes to battles, it seems he isn't afraid to take any risks with his resources either.
Jan 18, 2022 6:56 AM

Feb 2020
Another hilarious and entertaining episode.

Ninym is probably the most beautiful character of this season. <3

SerafosJan 18, 2022 9:47 AM
Jan 18, 2022 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Don't mess with Ninym, otherwise, you will get destroyed by Wein.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 18, 2022 7:03 AM

Jan 2017
Wein showing off his 5D chess moves is quite the entertainment, coupled with the revelation that Ninym is from a lesser regarded race (and somehow became acquainted with him) sure got me hooked
Jan 18, 2022 7:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Turns out that the mine is already worthless, so better try to defend and sell it, but seriously Marden got ridiculized by Wein's strategies and they were all great, especially how he infiltrated them himself after giving them Logan's head and ending the battle xD but since Marden is the shittiest kingdom ever they got assaulted meanwhile and lost their kingdom, so he can't sell the mine back to them xD sure that prince's life is busy with all the tasks he has to do, but he still has Ninym to support him (especially how the final assault started because Logan did insult her... and she's like Wein's heart, even though she's from another race it seems like) ...better episode than the 1st one, I really enjoyed this one to be honest.
Jan 18, 2022 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
A bit better than the first one but the humor in this series and Wein as a character ain't really clicking for me at all and the production ain't that great still. I did like Ninym a little bit more here than the previous week, she's definitely more preferrable for me to watch than Wein's personality that's for sure.
Jan 18, 2022 7:22 AM
Jan 2022
insult waifu = lose laifu
Jan 18, 2022 7:31 AM

Apr 2021
That's what you get if you belittle Weiner's heart. I'm now more curious about Ninym's pedigree.

Jan 18, 2022 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
Ninym is still THICC THIGH waifu without the BIG boobs lols.

The Jilaat Gold Mine is worthless to begin with, so what's the point of the opposing Kingdom of Marden snatching it back from Wein's hands if they knew that it was the exact case of a lose-lose situation.

But they did anyways, and both the Kingdoms of Marden and Natra are back into war again, this time on a moutainous terrain of gold mine. Wein may be a lazy jerk, but he knows how to do stratagems to throw off his opponents...yet another "according to keikaku" plan which succeeds as decoy to throw Marden off and its leading General Drawood. Treacherous plan, of which Wein succeeds each and everytime.

DA HECK YOU SAY LOGAN, don't ever piss off Wein because you can insult about Ninym's origins, because karma will come to bite you back, and the infiltration of Wein into Drawood's corners is such a smart move. Looks like Wein isn't much ado a lazy jerk, but one whom doesn't take too lightly of someone chastising people like Ninym being close to his heart. DO NOT INSULT THY WAIFU.

Welp, with Marden's fall, Wein couldn't make peace to sell off the worthless mine, but at least there's some value out of it. More work to do for Wein, there's no rest for you!

The pacing is whatever, but at least this episode was kinda enjoyable.
Jan 18, 2022 7:57 AM

May 2021
The humor's decent but they don't exactly have to portray everyone else as an idiot. Seems like Shield Hero, all over again.
The depiction of the war through puppets seems a bit lazy, tbh.
The pacing was, once again, too fast; they should really slow down a bit.
Oh well, we still have NekoLia to enjoy. Hope we get a backstory to why Wein loves her.
3/5

Jan 18, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2022
I must say they really need to slow down the pacing. They covered LN1 in 2 episodes and cut out a lot.
Jan 18, 2022 7:58 AM

Feb 2009
I wish they'd hurry up and explain the whole lower class/race thing that Ninym has instead of done to death 3D chess animation. This seems to have a good plot so I hope it gets to shine soon.

Jan 18, 2022 8:01 AM
Dec 2021
This series definetely doesnt take itself very seriously which is completely fine. Its like a less serious more fun realist hero and hence may ne a bigger hit than it. Pretty fun geopolitical stuff. I dont dig the anime or characters much but it leaves me with a strong "i wonder what happens next" feeling
Jan 18, 2022 8:04 AM

Mar 2013
I got goosebumps seeing Wein when Ninym was insulted (it needs a bit more emphasis). The revenge later was so good but disappointed to see that they didn't add a scene where he cut off the messenger's head.

Ninym is still gorgeous as ever and Wein was so cool.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 18, 2022 8:07 AM

May 2020
Was actually a fun episode, and Wein as a character really growing up on me. Also for sure Ninym a strong contender for Waifu of the season.
Jan 18, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2014
they actually synced the visuals with the chorus now
Jan 18, 2022 8:24 AM

Jun 2021
OK episode

I wish there was an explanation as to why Wein is smart (or why every other military personnel is a dumbass), but I guess that's asking for too much in an overpowered MC-type show.

The animation is not bad, but I'm already getting a little tired of the chess piece military action scenes. I know it's a low budget show, but I wish they could have come up with something a little better.

This show also gets the award for the laziest OP/ED animation.

At least Diet Emilia is still cute.
Jan 18, 2022 8:34 AM
Sep 2015
Wein shouting "I can't wait to sell my Kingdom" feels forced, it's like he shouted just to make the anime title matters, when in fact, this is not about selling the Kingdom at all. The more appropriate title should be "No one knows I graduated with top score from military school and I'll save my Kingdom in my own way"
Jan 18, 2022 9:19 AM

Jun 2021
Ninym continues to be the best part of this anime. Don't insult her, or you'll be lucky if Wein only takes your life.

It's funny how the enemies accuse Wein's forces of being barbarians, while their own tactics are pitifully simple minded. I mean, really, it doesn't take a military genius to see how defendable of a position the mine was on the side of a mountain.
Jan 18, 2022 9:27 AM

Sep 2018
Another good episode.

Strategy shows are hard to do right and this one is more palatable than most.

Already way ahead of realist hero.

I like the dynamic between Wein and Ninym

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 18, 2022 9:53 AM

May 2016
great episode. much better than the last.

Jan 18, 2022 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
Wein's whimsical manner is entertaining ngl.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2022 10:36 AM

Jun 2021
I LOVE WEIN AND NINYM SO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!! .

Ninym and Marin best waifus from this Season by far.

This episode was really good! And don't touch Ninym or Wein will kill you easy.
Jan 18, 2022 10:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wrong dream at the wrong time though lol. To think after all that trouble that the mine ended up becoming almost worthless. Marden's rulers though appear to like to play power games at the expense of their nation. Analysis of the battle via princess Falanya's education though was a creative way of doing things. The double whammy of the mine ambush and the assault on their main camp really was well thought out. Marden really sent the worst possible candidate for their peace talks though thats for sure. But the resulting raid on Drawood's HQ was just so satisfying. Its too bad that in the end Marden ended up falling to another power after Wein did all the hard work. Overall an excellent ep that did an excellent job at expanding upon Wein's character by showing his true skills that he kept hidden beneath that façade of his via his excellent performance during the siege that really messed up dear general Drawood's plans. Also loved the expansion on the relationship between Wein and Ninym as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2022 11:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ninym trying to wake up Wein thinking he may be dreaming of her until he mentions big oppai and she knows it isn't her xD. The Jilaat gold mine they captured is also pretty much spent...
Natra plans to hold out until Marden's forces can no longer sustain 30000 men so they keep their pride as well as reaching a peace treaty.
Some nice tactics at play here with Marden's commander being tricked by that mine opening which was actually a trap! And they also set fire to Marden's camps and tricked the Marden forces with the sounds of boulders into thinking that they were releasing their full 5000 troop army onto them making time to regain the first fort of the base. Marden sent commander Logan to negotiate a 'peace treaty' and he listed unfair terms and insulted Ninym in front of Wein calling her a filthy Flahm...
Logan was beheaded (which was awesome!) and Wein and some other troops raided Drawood's camp! Wein's tactics of confusing the enemy were extremely intelligent.
Wein also killed Drawood for insulting Ninym!
His plan of negotiating peace fell apart because whilst Marden was attacking the mine, it seems their neighbour captured it. But fortunately, a new gold vein was found in the gold mine!

Looking forward to the next episode!

AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 18, 2022 12:33 PM
Mar 2020
Had a feeling their assessment of this kingdom and easy wins was too good to be true. It makes sense that it was already on the way out and probably was attacking our protagonists out of desperation.
Jan 18, 2022 12:47 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit I wasn’t expecting this to get this dark. I thought it was gonna be just like realist rebuilt. Price is cutting heads off n shit. I like it.

Ninym and Marin best waifus of the season fr.
Jan 18, 2022 1:48 PM
Feb 2018
Wein should just give up be king and take Nynim as his queen.
Jan 18, 2022 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Those poor souls who decided to insult Ninym in front of Wein... Justice has been served!! Don't mess with Wein or insult Ninym and you might live a day longer.
Jan 18, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2015
I'm really happy to see he got pissed when she got insulted. Some nice romance going on.

I love the comedy theme this series has going with him just always winning.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 18, 2022 2:21 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah another fast pace episode but this on with okay not feel rush.

it's still good episode 3/5.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 18, 2022 2:35 PM

Sep 2017
So basically don't shit on discount Emilia. Can't say I would have predicated military shenanigans for the first two eps of this series but alright.
Jan 18, 2022 2:38 PM

Apr 2021
Second chapter was really good, better than the first actually, i like the MC now that he showed us that he gets serious whenever someone trash talks his waifu.

Anyway i gotta say, the enemies have not presented a real challange up untill now, i hope it doesn't get repetitive to the point that MC is smart and the others are just dumb, i'd like to see him struggle a bit. But yeah i get that it's only the start and we are seeing the introductions to the characters.

It's got some potential, i like the humour, art is not the best and neither is the animation, for now it's a 7/10 but i hope it keeps getting better.
Jan 18, 2022 2:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Decent episode, didn’t like it as much as last week tho, that opening scene with Ninym reacting to Wein’s dream was probably the best part of the episode, and Ninym is probably the best part of this show lol. Most of the episode was fine, it was funny seeing how the Marden general kept getting fooled by Wein, and then proceeded to piss off Wein by sending a guy to insult his waifu lol, and not to mention how he kept making tactical blunders himself, definitely wasn’t as smart as they made him out to be. But from the looks of it some things were skipped from the LN once again that would have made the episode make more sense, but it was still enjoyable.

Also I guess the enemies getting sliced up is gonna be a normal thing, kinda unexpected from a show like this but I don’t dislike it.
Jan 18, 2022 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
Logical_ said:

Then
. Besides the first volume is a borefest anyway. Sooner it gets over with, the better.
Jan 18, 2022 2:52 PM

Jul 2017
anirudhtsuki said:
Logical_ said:

Then
. Besides the first volume is a borefest anyway. Sooner it gets over with, the better.
Yeah i'm still okay with that, agree if next arc get good paced it will be good.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, he completely overpowered the enemy with only 5k soldiers. The comedy is on point xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 18, 2022 3:20 PM

Sep 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Holy shit I wasn’t expecting this to get this dark. I thought it was gonna be just like realist rebuilt. Price is cutting heads off n shit. I like it.

Ninym and Marin best waifus of the season fr.

Agreed, the pv looked amazing and I don't regret heading here at all.
Jan 18, 2022 3:34 PM

Aug 2020
Wein's so mad about the general insulting Ninym, resulting the enemy's lost. Ez win for the smart king

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 18, 2022 3:51 PM
Dec 2021
Great episode!!! It is always great to to see ninym.
Jan 18, 2022 4:00 PM

Dec 2021
its good more waifu screen time, but pace is damn so fast, they didnt explain how Wein in Empire Military Academy
Jan 18, 2022 4:25 PM

Jun 2017
Everyone is going to have a bad time after insulting Ninym. Wein is truly waifu is laifu.
Jan 18, 2022 5:17 PM

Jan 2013
Another epic episode but watching him kill the enemy's general for Ninym, damn! Waifu is laifu!
@MomoSinX

Can't wait for the next episodes, especially now that the gold mine has some gold, and i wonder how things can get even worse/best for the kingdom xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 18, 2022 5:26 PM

Jan 2011
i keep forgetting this is suppose to be a comedy
Jan 18, 2022 5:34 PM

Sep 2020
Wein brazenly assaulting the enemy's HQ so that he could take the commander's head himself was pleasantly unexpected.
Jan 18, 2022 6:00 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was pretty good, although I feel like the enemy is dumber than they have to be (such as taking all your forces to lay siege on a mine that limits the amount of soldiers that can fight at a time). Mc is funny at times, and the issues that arise seem realistic. Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.
Jan 18, 2022 6:39 PM

Apr 2017
the way wein went to the enemy basecamp and killing the general remind me to kan ki from kingdom
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jan 18, 2022 7:14 PM
Jan 2019
I didn't read the LN, but I did read the Manga (currently 30 chapters in) this anime adaptation is so god damn fast I feel like everything I read in the manga was chopped out xD
It's a good anime still, but what are they doing with the parts they skipped? flashbacks later on when info is needed so it makes sense? idk.

good episode, good animation. Dunno what else to say really

edit: i binge read btw and binge a lot xD so chapters morph into just one long page for me. i'll have to re read the manga maybe so I know i didnt say something stupid just now
Jan 18, 2022 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
Ninym is cute and Wein is actually an enjoyable MC. I am digging this anime as it is a lot more gruesome then other fantasy anime so far.

Sliced that Scumbag in half.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 18, 2022 8:19 PM
Jul 2021
The pace is kill this anime, they skip to much scene between Ninym and Wein. I want to see more dark side of wein in this arc but they skip it. To be honest when i watch the trailer i really hope for some good military and politics scene but i guess it too hard for the studio to get it done. This anime is only for advertising the LN so the studio didn't take serious on the project.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2022

96 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2022

31 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2022

37 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.