Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2022 8:47 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
H&E Club Member Staff Application - Twitter Admin

Yo. We've traditionally only hired staff from our active, regular members, be it on any level - mods, GFXers, or admins - but in lieu of our desire to expand onto alternative platforms and build up our presence not just on MAL, but outside of MAL as well, we have decided to let people who may be interested in the position apply for the job of operating our Twitter account.

So, if you're interested in joining H&E's admin staff in the role of operating our club's Twitter account, respond in this thread expressing interest. I'll go into details about what'll be needed, what we look for in admins, and what resources we'll provide you with so you can do your job as needed.

What You Need

This is all of the necessary stuff, both to do your job properly and to function as a member of our staff.

• Obviously, you will need a MAL account. You will also need to be a member of this club. If you're seeing this, I'd hope both of these things are true already. If you're lurking without an account, you'd have to hop on that.

• You will need a Discord account. This is non-negotiable. Our staff operates almost solely out of our club's Discord Server. When we talk to you to get a better feel for you as an individual, it will be through Discord.

• Decent familiarity with Twitter as a platform. We're not demanding an expert, but you should know how to use the damn website from a technical standpoint. You will also be expected to source images you post on the account.

• Given the nature of our club, we only hire members that are aged 18 or older as staff. Anyone under 18 will not be considered.

What We Want

This is what we look for in staff in terms of their person and character. This isn't what's needed - this is the type of person we want. These are the same standards we use for our traditional way of hiring, just being made transparent to people who might not be as familiar with our community.

• We don't just hire anybody with a pulse. We don't care if you have an amazing resume working for online communities or if you have nothing other than an interest in maybe giving it a shot. You have to care about our fandom/demographic, though. This is a Harem&Ecchi club for Harem&Ecchi fans. Our community exists for us. It has been run by us, it is run by us, and it will be run by us. This doesn't just mean our club and everything within it, either - if it involves Ecchi fans, it involves us. We will stand where we've always stood, and that's with our fandom. You have to want to work for a harem&ecchi club specifically. Our fandom identity is extremely important for us. If you want to work for the ecchi fandom, we will have your back until the end of time. If it comes off like the H&E part is irrelevant to you, we won't hire you, regardless of any other factors. This is the exact reason we've always hired internally and never resorted to posting applications until now. We would rather invest the time, energy and money in training people who love our fandom on how to do things like use photoshop and develop their graphic design sense, or training them on how to moderate within our arbitration-based system, than hiring people who have a strong portfolio but have no connection to our fandom.

• We do have a history of hiring non-ecchi fans who joined the club because they were active in our community and that was enough. So if you don't consider yourself a full-on ecchi fan in terms of anime/manga, then don't worry, it's fine. Being willing to work for our fandom to try to help out as much as possible is the specific thing we care about. I don't care if you haven't watched any ecchi outside of fucking DxD, if you want to do good by our fandom then I want you.

• Nobody too overtly involved in SJW/anti-SJW sociopolitical bullshit. While we won't try to control your personal beliefs and stances as an individual, this club isn't going to hire people who makes us feel like they will try to use our fandom as a mouthpiece for their own agenda. This goes in either direction, we're not loyal to either side and never will be. The enemy of our enemy is also our enemy in this case. We're nobody's fucking puppet, and we have no tolerance for anybody who would want to claim a position of authority in our community to try to turn us into one.

• Be decently well-spoken and upright. We have a very global staff so it's not like we're saying you have to speak perfect English, but don't act like a little kid. Just be yourself - it's really fucking easy to tell when people are trying to present themselves in a certain way, and it's always supremely annoying and causes unnecessary backend tension.

What We Provide

I could say a bunch of corporate-esque drivel about working on a team and all of that, but here are the meaty parts:

• You will be given a good amount of freedom in what you post onto our account, so long as you keep in mind that it's a gimmick account for our club, not your personal account.

• You will be given a large amount of input on the account's aesthetic, so that way you can work off of an account you think looks nice and sleek.

• Following up on that that, we have an in-house GFX staff to help you with image editing and creating custom banners and other things of that nature as needed, and will work with on you when they are available.

• We're an established, long-lasting community with a particularly active Discord server among MAL clubs, potentially giving you a bit of a head start at helping build our brand off-site.

• H&E is a club that has traditionally had a heavy emphasis on dealing with other MAL clubs and the MAL community at large. We have no intention of sitting in isolation and trying to pretend like the community outside of our club does not exist, be it on MAL or off of it, meaning that we will work with you to help you establish contacts in the broader anime community beyond the ecchi fandom as needed. This is a new frontier to our staff, and we love that type of shit.

-----

Now, with all of that out of the way - and it's good info if you're interested in this job - on to the last part.

How to Apply

• First, you will need to message me on Discord. My account is Manaban#5076. I'll ask you some questions and shit to try to get a feel for you, kind of like an interview, just through Discord DMs. If I take a while to respond, be patient - while there is only one position available, nobody will be hired until every interview is complete and me and my staff have discussed it to some extent.

• Second, post in this thread. This gives us fast access to your MAL account if we need it for anything and will let us find you faster via the notification.

That's it. The meat of the hiring process will be done through an interview on Discord. I need to talk to someone before hiring them so I will place much greater emphasis on that.

----

Finally, I know this all can look and sound intimidating, but if you're interested, absolutely respond. We want people who want to work with us on this, so even if you're not sure you're a good fit but think you might want to give it a go, just shoot me a message. Some of the best staff members this club has ever had were people who weren't sure if they were a good fit to be a staff here.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 16, 2022 9:25 PM

Jun 2019
MAKE H&E GREAT AGAIN
Jan 17, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2014
Thanks for the position
Jan 18, 2022 12:52 AM

Sep 2021
MAKE THE H&E DISCORD NOT DEAD AGAIN JK LUV U MANA

Jan 18, 2022 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Twitter...
I did not see it coming...
Jan 19, 2022 7:37 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Fraid I've no interest in a position, just wanted to compliment the post.

I've been floating around for a few years but I'm not really involved with you guys - That said your community spirit and dedication to being politically-neutral is all really nice to see.

Keep up the great work admins😊👍.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» what is the best ecchi ?

Forbiddensimp - Yesterday

0 by Forbiddensimp »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

» [OPEN] 100th Girl of the Month ( 1 2 )

NoobAsian - Mar 3

83 by Tubby »»
Mar 23, 5:15 PM

» [CLOSED] Waifu Wars VIII: The (not) Last time we see To Love-Ru girls ( 1 2 )

NoobAsian - Feb 1

85 by NoobAsian »»
Mar 3, 4:49 AM

» Ecchi Manga with focus on cum and/or blowjobs

wipeout38 - Jan 7

2 by wipeout38 »»
Feb 14, 10:15 AM

» [CLOSED] 98th Girl of the Month ( 1 2 )

NoobAsian - Jan 7

69 by NoobAsian »»
Feb 1, 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.