Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 16, 2022 1:40 PM
Feb 2021
GregHill said:
Why?
Why are android spraying bullets instead of proper controlled fire?
Why do you build an army where every unit is using a different weapon?
Why is everybody just standing on an open field during a fight?
Why give a superior unit a countdown to surrender with a nice talk up front instead of just taking her out by snipers?
Why would the self destruct leave the memory module unharmed?

So much that doesn't make sense.

This show is just one confusion after the other, like how the FUCK did it take that long just to destroy that one doll with that many dolls opening fire.
Jan 17, 2022 5:50 AM

Apr 2011
Seems some they're not entirely following the manga. Probably a mix of manga and the game.
Jan 17, 2022 9:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So that was a mock/tutorial battle for Gentiane, interesting, but damn Sangvis' Scarecrow was quite well developed for a IA, and she could send the info to Sangvis before exploding herself, now the track on M4A1 is tenser and tenser
Jan 17, 2022 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Got a glimpse with Gentiane. I do agree with the other commander. She seems a bit emotional attached to the dolls.

You still have their memories intact, unless there is a way to permanently "erase" their memories.

Also Scarecrow's VA is the same as the game? I compared it and it is indeed Okuno Kaya

Though, she she also have some sort of backup or is t his one and done? Boss fight in the game is very similar to the Anime.

You just fight her in an open field

Let's get back to AR team!
Jan 17, 2022 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
you know I hate to be that person but there is this one frame that is just stuck to my mind to this day and I know this anime is not trying to be realistic and all that but

English is my second language
Jan 18, 2022 7:48 PM
Jul 2014
b0177 said:
you know I hate to be that person but there is this one frame that is just stuck to my mind to this day and I know this anime is not trying to be realistic and all that but

The perspective and posture are wrong. The rifle is sticking into her chest , not couched against her right shoulder/pectoral as it would otherwise be; the angle of the weapon is thus wrong, and this indicates that the artist in question who drew this scene is unfamiliar with drawing specific weapons.
Mosin-Nagant is drawn here with her firing stance and grip suggesting that she's holding the weapon in a right-handed grip, but the weapon is placed in a manner which suggests a left-handed grip. Hence the order of her hands, and shoulder positioning should be reversed.
Jan 19, 2022 5:51 AM

Dec 2017
Asdedix147 said:
Spirit_Chaser said:
That was awful; worse than the first episode. I already knew what to expect since it's a gacha adaptation, but they really fell apart in production.

GFL actually has an amazing story but anime isnt adapting the game. Its an adaptation of non-canon doujin. Game developer wasnt even supervising this show

For a sourcie you really managed to cram a staggering amount of garbage into a single statement.

The anime is adapting the game - and yes, the story is so far basically the same, using the manga primarily as visual reference (since it's basically a pre-made storyboard).
The manga is also completely canon, or at least fully canon-compatible, and an officially licensed product. On top of that, both the manga and anime have Yuzhong's name on it (producer and lead writer of the game and CEO of the studio that makes it), literally the ultimate seal of approval something Girls' Frontline related can have.

I totally understand if you're disappointed in the adaptation here, but you don't have to spew shit everywhere because of it.
Jan 21, 2022 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
Canon really? Does Gentian looks like someone who witnessed zombie plague? Never was in Green Zone? Led bohemian life in collage? That she drink anything else then coffee? That she has motto "always treat girls gently"? That is not kind of person who would be able enjoy peacefull life?

Well, manga certainly is official work approved by MICA. Who say otherwise is obviously wrong, but canon-compatible is simply not the case and cannot be considered compatible ever since Gentiane refused take offered gun.

Edit: plus in ep.3 M16 drink coffee instead Jack, so anime is not canon either.
Tenzen12Jan 21, 2022 10:46 AM
Jan 27, 2022 1:00 AM
Sep 2020
Not exactly a masterpiece of anime, but hey, at least there's cute girls and shooty-shooty action. A man's ideal fantasy.

Is it weird that I'm starting to cheer more for Sangvis than for Griffin? At least Sangvis robots want to do their own thing, instead of blindly obeying humans.

Pretty relieved that the final battle avoided the typical cliche scene:

Dolls: "Surrender now, you're all alone and surrounded. Clearly you can't win."
Scarecrow: "Surprise, watch me use my Way Cool ninja powers to annihilate an entire squad without a scratch."
Dolls: *die like bitches*
Commander: "M-Masaka?!"

but instead I got

Scarecrow: "Surprise, watch me use my Way Cool ninja powers--"
Commander: "Ah yes, these. Yawn. Obviously we're not so stupid so as to walk into battle without thoroughly learning the capabilities of enemy units. Now die."
Scarecrow: "M-Masaka?!"

Too bad, in the end Griffin fell right into the ol' "self destruct" cliche. Remember: never interrogate a determined, dying enemy at close range.
Jan 29, 2022 2:24 PM

Sep 2018
I fully intended to drop this after one episode but thought I should at least try one more.

Well, that will teach me to stick with my first instinct...

So tedious and ugly

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 2, 2022 1:00 PM

Sep 2017
I have to admit the anime already served it's purpose on me. I haven't updated or logged into the game for a couple of years, but did so today after they dedicated a few seconds to Ingram and mentioned the mission to rescue and retrieve Skorpion. I used those two T-Dolls in active squads for most of the content that was out back then, and was curious to see if Skorpion was still in my first Echelon - which she apparently was. And after updating I started checking new content, and playing the game again. I do like a gacha that has a multitude of 5 star rarity characters but still allows long term viability to a couple of average rarity starters.

Don't overlook or neglect your Skorpion, she does a good job despite those missing stars, and only starts to fall off a bit in late game.

Anyways, it seems quite similar to to first Azur Lane anime (before the better SoL one) in that it's more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about trying to follow the story due to having played the game, they seem to be following it in quite a linear fashion, so I dout they'll get very far in 12 episodes - which is a shame because the source material gets better in the later stages. But it's still fun for me to watch, and reminded me to pick up the game again - for the time being at least.
ArcaedesMay 2, 2022 1:12 PM
Aug 6, 2023 4:59 PM
Mar 2019
Better episode than the reviews said.
Expected a train wreck and it wasn't that bad.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

20 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 29, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2022

37 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 1, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2022

145 by EmiFumiko »»
Feb 25, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

40 by bushman66 »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:03 PM

» Why is the title Doll's Frontline

LeviLeads - Apr 8, 2021

11 by PhilTheStampede »»
Jun 22, 2023 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.