Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2022 10:30 AM

Apr 2019
Okay, so everyone seems to have hated this, but the second best review gave it a 10.
So, is this really something enjoyable if we take it as a parody show, or not at all ?
Jan 13, 2022 10:43 AM
Jun 2021
I didnt really try to take it as a sol, and I found it enjoyable. So, take that as you will.
Jan 13, 2022 10:49 AM

Jan 2021
I don't think that you should be looking at the reviews at the first place.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Jan 13, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't take it as a parody "self-aware trashy show", and I thought it was alright. I think that you can find it funny and entertaining whether you take it as such or not.

The only way to find out where you line up is by watching it though. You won't have wasted any time by finding out for yourself.
Jan 13, 2022 11:02 AM
May 2016
He just misinterpreted it. It's not a parody and doesn't want to be one.
Yeah, you could interpret Ex-Arm as a joke and give it a 10, but it wasn't supposed to be a joke.

You should rate the anime based on what it wants to be, not how you want to interpret it.
Dec 2020
Pyth79 said:
Okay, so everyone seems to have hated this, but the second best review gave it a 10.
So, is this really something enjoyable if we take it as a parody show, or not at all ?
okay this anime was a good comedy , I think you can somehow like it but I feel like they try to make it serious after the 5 episode but didn’t work. And I think there’s so much story left out. That’s the reason I cannot see why that person give it a 10/10. But I’m not saying you should not watch it , if you want to you should watch it , you will not lose anything for watching it ,anyways :)
Feb 2021
Even if it's a parody it was just boring and miserable to watch for me so imo no
Jan 13, 2022 11:14 AM
Apr 2021
I personally don't like this anime but I love shiro💘💘
Jan 13, 2022 11:16 AM
Mar 2021
I thought it was okay and if you love your Harems, I would say watch it and form your own opinion. It also helps some of the girls are actually good characters.
Jan 13, 2022 11:41 AM
Mar 2021
One of the most cringe ones I ever watched
Jan 13, 2022 12:30 PM
May 2021
Pyth79 said:
I also gave this anime a 10 because I thought it was enjoyable, it made me laugh multiple times but that’s just my opinion. If you like comedy and harems this anime is for you.
Jan 13, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2021
I’m someone who generally enjoys anything I watch (especially romance). But this show really was a huge disappointment because I was looking forward to it. One of the worst I’ve personally seen
Jan 13, 2022 1:50 PM

Oct 2021
Pyth79 said:

How could u believe someone with shoujo ramune profile picture?
Jan 13, 2022 2:07 PM

Apr 2019
Okay maybe I'll try it, thanks for your answers guys !
Jan 13, 2022 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
No. The anime claimed itself to be parody but they use those cliches stuff as a serious plot device so no.
Jan 13, 2022 9:14 PM
Jan 2021
Pyth79 said:
just no istg this show is absolutely shit and deserves to not be watched. If you want to go ahead and uve got a truck of trauma coming on ur way cos of how bad this show is
Jan 14, 2022 8:20 AM
Apr 2020
Pyth79 said:

The story might not be so bad as they tried a new twist but the soundtracks and animation is really bad and screenplay is so bad that it stopped being enjoyable by ep 3
Jan 15, 2022 4:25 PM

Apr 2018
You can just look at the profile picture and immediately tell that that review is not worth reading, much less trusting
Feb 26, 2022 8:28 PM
Apr 2021
bit late to the table, but I have shown several people this show, and met multiple people who have already seen it. We all, without fail hate this flaming piece of shit.

not only is the pacing incompetent at times, and just straight up retarded, but the characters are inconsistent and bland. The plot is straight up trying to make you want to tear your own hair out. The way it treats the female cast like zombies who can only feel love for our main protagonist is not funny, but devoid of all entertainment and life.

the response of describing this to the average person is "lmao this has gotta be a shitpost anime" however anyone who's watched it should be aware of how painfully hard it's trying and failing. Every shot of this show is incompetent in an unintentional honest way. It's not a parody. It's just some of the most dogshit anime ever pumped out by an animation studio ever.

The fact that the review compared the show to Rick and Morty makes me think it's also trolling, since Rick and Morty is meme'd as being big brain while sporting at best shitpost referential humour.
So no I completely disagree with the second review, and I hope it's trolling, either way though taken seriously the second review is just wrong. The points it bring up like "love comedies exist in this world" isn't a unique idea either, that's literally the premise of Oregairu, and shouldn't be taken as evidence of the intent to parody those tropes. It's very easy to confuse a complete lack of understanding of how to write characters beyond their tropes as parody, because parody will often reduce characters down to a trope to poke fun of how dumb they are. The reason why I will say all his examples are wrong though is that at best he can speak for a single episode or arc where a character acts a certain way, since each character is totally inconsistent in terms of personality and general motivations and desires.

I will give him this, perhaps the source material was a parody, like with Mirai Nikki and its anime adaptation. But regardless this show is fully serious, and fully ass
Feb 27, 2022 3:14 PM

Apr 2019
theGodde said:
bit late to the table, but I have shown several people this show, and met multiple people who have already seen it. We all, without fail hate this flaming piece of shit.

not only is the pacing incompetent at times, and just straight up retarded, but the characters are inconsistent and bland. The plot is straight up trying to make you want to tear your own hair out. The way it treats the female cast like zombies who can only feel love for our main protagonist is not funny, but devoid of all entertainment and life.

the response of describing this to the average person is "lmao this has gotta be a shitpost anime" however anyone who's watched it should be aware of how painfully hard it's trying and failing. Every shot of this show is incompetent in an unintentional honest way. It's not a parody. It's just some of the most dogshit anime ever pumped out by an animation studio ever.

The fact that the review compared the show to Rick and Morty makes me think it's also trolling, since Rick and Morty is meme'd as being big brain while sporting at best shitpost referential humour.
So no I completely disagree with the second review, and I hope it's trolling, either way though taken seriously the second review is just wrong. The points it bring up like "love comedies exist in this world" isn't a unique idea either, that's literally the premise of Oregairu, and shouldn't be taken as evidence of the intent to parody those tropes. It's very easy to confuse a complete lack of understanding of how to write characters beyond their tropes as parody, because parody will often reduce characters down to a trope to poke fun of how dumb they are. The reason why I will say all his examples are wrong though is that at best he can speak for a single episode or arc where a character acts a certain way, since each character is totally inconsistent in terms of personality and general motivations and desires.

I will give him this, perhaps the source material was a parody, like with Mirai Nikki and its anime adaptation. But regardless this show is fully serious, and fully ass

Wait, since when was Mirai Nikki supposed to be a parody ?
Feb 28, 2022 3:14 AM
Apr 2021
Pyth79 said:
theGodde said:

have you read the manga?
Feb 28, 2022 12:21 PM

Apr 2019
theGodde said:
Pyth79 said:

have you read the manga?

Yes I did, and I didn't see anything showing it's a parody. It doesn't have the parody tag either
Feb 28, 2022 1:00 PM
Apr 2021
Pyth79 said:
theGodde said:
have you read the manga?

Yes I did, and I didn't see anything showing it's a parody. It doesn't have the parody tag either
call it a conspiracy theory then. The manga has some pretty good comedic timing, and it often feels like it doesn't take itself too seriously, to the point (I would argue) where it is parodying itself.

But either way, the general argument as applied to Osamake is that there could be some level of parody lost in translation from LN to anime, however I'm not exactly inclined to bother to find out, since Osamake is one of the worst viewing experiences I've ever had in my entire anime-watching life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

52 by Alexanime_ »»
Feb 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

60 by Buraot »»
Jan 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2021

179 by eldnahwen »»
Jan 13, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2021

117 by spicarie »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

77 by aint_noway »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.