Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love of Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 2022 10:30 PM

Oct 2008
Chateau is so hard to get huh...elusive like a wild deer lolz!
4/5.

Jan 12, 2022 10:52 PM
Apr 2020
Looks like Chateau became a bounty hunter to search for the murderer/s of her mother. This is kinda creepy though. Stalkerish male MC. lmao. But, I guess, if he helps Chateau find the killer/s, that's a good thing. lol

Jan 12, 2022 11:36 PM

Nov 2021
I don't really ship it, but then, that's okay because there's likely going to be more than the straightforward yandere stalker romance. I also hope there's more to the MC's backstory than someone important to her being murdered in the past or whatever. Interesting enough so far.

Jan 13, 2022 1:53 AM
Dec 2017
I really waited for this show, based on the premise and trailers, but that was pretty bad. I will give one more shot with the next episode, then we will see.
The animation and visuals are horrible, and close to non-existent. The characters aren't chiseled, even the MCs are bland visually (Ryung's voice actor was spot on at least).
Animation (except fight scenes) is shit.

Multiple people are writing about the great chemistry between MCs, and that fcking terrifies me (I assume many here thinks Redo of healer is a romantic story).
Ryung while an interesting character is an obtrusive stalker, who is far better and stronger, than the girl and prone to violent and forceful actions even towards her. She isn't just a fcking Tsundere who teases him, but somebody who is bothered, blackmailed and terrified by the guy who is a total stranger to him, and clearly foruceful and violent.
That is not great chemistry , but a (from the girls point of view) a terrifying thing, and she is cornered. The problem isn't the portrayal in itself , portraying r*pe,murder and problematic relationships is fine,as a bad example or case study/drama, but it is clear, that here the intention is a romantic story between the MCs which is really fcked up with this premise.

This is basically the wet dream of weebs who think, that simply stalking the girl and advancing despite rejections is a romantic thing which will ultimately succeed. On top of that the MC is a bad ass assassin who doesn't give a fck about law and decency so he can be a forceful dick, and the audience cheering for him. This is fcking sick and problematic.
Ofcourse in a community where Redo can be popular, I will be the feminist SJW (though I hate them with all my heart), for having any decency.
Jan 13, 2022 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
The OP and ED are great but I prefer the ED. I also like the character designs especially Chateau, she's very pretty.

Oh and sorry if I didn't really understand or misunderstood, but Ryang-ha is a killer being targeted by many mafias right? Because he managed to kill 18 high-class officials... so like, he's a fugitive? But why when he and Chateau (almost) had a fight, and there were people who saw them, they didn't recognize Song Ryang-ha?? Is the incident only known to the mafia and the like?

I'm also curious as to what the main reason Ryang-ha said that everyone smells putrid except Chateau... and other reasons why he's so attracted to Chateau.

So far I like these two main characters, it's just that I didn't think that Ryang-ha would be like a stalker.. I like it when Chateau firmly rejects him especially when she's intentionally late to the date and leaves immediately XD

Jan 13, 2022 2:44 AM

Aug 2019
Didn't really like the episode, especially the visuals. Idk how this is intended to be developed into a romance when the guy is a straight-up violent stalker. The boy with no mouth (what's up with that??) has such an annoying voice. Guess I'll stick around for a few episodes to see what happens.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jan 13, 2022 3:16 AM
Jul 2020
i think its interesting. why some people find it not interesting?
Jan 13, 2022 3:27 AM

Apr 2020
That was pretty intriguing. I'm still not that hooked on the pair but they seem pretty interesting. Song have this curious personality, but he appears as something creepy when paired to Chateau, the complete opposite of him, who for some reason turned into lifeless person due to murder incident 17 years ago... (or was she like that since birth I wonder?)

Visuals looks fine. I think it fits the atmosphere enough. I don't like the lightings though. OP and ED are good. I'm looking forward for more of it.

Where the hell is Jim's mouth!?
Jan 13, 2022 3:33 AM
Dec 2020
Dont have the best animation quality but kinda good 1st episode,definately watching the later eps
Jan 13, 2022 3:58 AM

Sep 2020
"Nothing is more frightening than something that is free"(Chateau Dankworth 2022). Damn that hit hard.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 13, 2022 4:09 AM

Oct 2016
That was pretty good, I am intrigued by this twisted relationship. I like the ost too, visuals are good enough. I want to find out more about the main characters, and we got a glimpse at the end there.

Jim is great lmao.
Jan 13, 2022 4:42 AM

Jan 2017
The opening for this is a banger. This is one of my favorite first episodes of the season so far, can't wait to see more.
Jan 13, 2022 5:51 AM
Jan 2022
Eeh not that hooked with the first episode, looks like they have toxic relationship
Jan 13, 2022 8:21 AM

Mar 2012
Which country is this set in? Doesn't look like Japan so the dark guy with a foreign Japanese accent seems really weird and out of place.

It's the first episode and I already hate the Korean stalker. Based on the cover and name I thought it was horror or psychological, was a bit disappointed after looking at the genres, now after watching it I'm even more disappointed seeing the kind of relationship the two leads have. Looks like a typical garbage romance aimed at girls. I bet the stalker guy is going to be a popular character with many fangirls.
Jan 13, 2022 8:40 AM

May 2018
ngl this premise is stupid but it'll probably turn into romance of the season lol. I enjoyed this episode a lot
Jan 13, 2022 8:43 AM

May 2018
fenrirr2 said:
I really waited for this show, based on the premise and trailers, but that was pretty bad. I will give one more shot with the next episode, then we will see.
The animation and visuals are horrible, and close to non-existent. The characters aren't chiseled, even the MCs are bland visually (Ryung's voice actor was spot on at least).

Multiple people are writing about the great chemistry between MCs, and that fcking terrifies me (I assume many here thinks Redo of healer is a romantic story).
Ryung while an interesting character is an obtrusive stalker, who is far better and stronger, than the girl and prone to violent and forceful actions even towards her. She isn't just a fcking Tsundere who teases him, but somebody who is bothered, blackmailed and terrified by the guy who is a total stranger to him, and clearly foruceful and violent.
That is not great chemistry , but a (from the girls point of view) a terrifying thing, and she is cornered. The problem isn't the portrayal in itself , portraying r*pe,murder and problematic relationships is fine,as a bad example or case study/drama, but it is clear, that here the intention is a romantic story between the MCs which is really fcked up with this premise.

This is basically the wet dream of weebs who think, that simply stalking the girl and advancing despite rejections is a romantic thing which will ultimately succeed. On top of that the MC is a bad ass assassin who doesn't give a fck about law and decency so he can be a forceful dick, and the audience cheering for him. This is fcking sick and problematic.
Ofcourse in a community where Redo can be popular, I will be the feminist SJW (though I hate them with all my heart), for having any decency.

How dare you question the best anime to exist! Do you really want to get dick slapped this badly?
Jan 13, 2022 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
I was looking forward to the anime but the animation quality is unwatchable.
Jan 13, 2022 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
i started this thinking i would drop right away (i'm not the biggest fan of stuff like gun fights and random killing...) but so far this was pretty entertaining, i liked the 2 mains together (for the most part... not sure i like that he is forcing her , and he can be somewhat annoying too, for example, all those calls, but still interesting), and laughed a bit with the other kid in the office lol

i'll most likely watch another episode, hopefully i'll enjoy the full anime and not regret trying something i usually don't like as much
winddevil1Jan 13, 2022 9:29 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 13, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2021
I liked the tiny details and the way Song reads the main character, but it felt like the dead times were awfully long and didnt do as much for me. Decent setup, I guess

Jan 13, 2022 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
Not to my taste. Feels not interesting enough - and I guess this really is only mainly for females that might like animated guys like the male main.

Have not too much experience with Josei (well there are not that many anime) - but the ones I liked were "different" and this feels like it is going to be a generic romance plot where they pull something from the past/childhod (little bit was hinted there) ... to make some plot.

Not interesting for me.
Jan 13, 2022 11:37 AM
Jan 2022
Did song ryang ha had a sex or not with the girl in that hotel, where her boyfriend geetin a headshot by song?
Jan 13, 2022 11:55 AM

Sep 2009
I really liked it but.. why does it feel cheap D: ..?

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Jan 13, 2022 12:20 PM
May 2016
Ugh I've never hated the entire cast of a show after one episode before.
Jan 13, 2022 1:11 PM

May 2015
arcast said:
great so far. but ryung-ha easily brings the score down by 1 like dude i hate stalker/pervert mcs with every ounce of my being just gotta hope he gets better later on

I'm surprised noone is talking about this when other shows get bashed for way less
I hope he turns it down a bit, I don't care much because it's fiction but having every interaction between the main characters be so creepy makes it hard for me to enjoy the show
Jan 13, 2022 5:34 PM

Feb 2020
well that was pretty bad but I guess i'll stick around for the next episode
Jan 13, 2022 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
Very punny title. The English title "Love of Kill" didn't really translate well though.

I was intrigued from the trailer, and thought it was just going to be a silly and cute romcom to relax while watching. But after seeing the drama in the first episode, I'm even more interested in their backstories. I am very tempted to pick up the manga but don't want to spoil myself. I wonder where this is set in...looks like somewhere in Europe.
Jan 14, 2022 5:14 AM

Jan 2021
I really like these types of romance fiction where one of the partner is a little cold hearted at first but then eventually develop feelings.

Seems decent so far!
Jan 14, 2022 6:00 AM
Jul 2019
I can't wait for the rest of the episodes! Love these two. Love the manga.
Jan 14, 2022 6:52 AM

Dec 2016
If Chateau's motive is to capture or arrest Song Ryang-ha then why doesn't she just do it by making a secret plan if she's meeting him secretly...?

If Song is a wanted criminal then how come he's walking around so freely without wearing a mask and why don't the civilians react if he's a well-known criminal?

It is interesting so I'm curious about how and what made them get in this situation.

And what's up with that guy, why is he literally this emoji 😶😶...?

Liked both the OP and ED.
Rickydory123Jan 14, 2022 6:59 AM
Jan 14, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 2010
The Voice and intonation of the mouthless guy just throws me off so much.

The rest was pretty okay so far, decent adaptation so far. I really liked reading the manga a while back.
Jan 14, 2022 2:29 PM

Jan 2020
I didn't have high expectations for the animation, but I was still expecting something slightly better. Ok first episode. We get a good idea of what the plot is going to revolve around and a quick introduction to the main characters. I need tp watch more episodes to get a better feel for it, but I don't hate it.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 15, 2022 1:57 PM
Jan 2022
I was looking forward to watching a mystery/thriller sort of anime for so long time and i am getting this feeling like it was worth waiting. Op is nice, a great one for this type of genre. overall it was really impressive. Talking about the animation for me i always adore an aesthetic touch and this anime gives me mid 2000s vibes, to be precise i felt more like a mid 2000s murder/mystery game and i liked it. The chemistry between both characters was good but stalking and showing dominance over someone can't be glorified or romatisized. So I think I'm having mixed feeling rn but still, i wanna watch rest of the episodes though.
tojibitoJan 15, 2022 2:16 PM
Jan 15, 2022 2:34 PM

Jun 2015
I love romcom forbidden love stories and this seems right up my ally but the fact that Song is a stalker almost completely turns me away from this. It was slightly entertaining for the first five minutes, then it just turned uncomfortable and by the end, I thought he was incredibly creepy.

I'm going to watch episode 2 for the off chance that he becomes more likeable because I can't see myself enjoying a romcom like this.

KorhalChild said:
arcast said:
great so far. but ryung-ha easily brings the score down by 1 like dude i hate stalker/pervert mcs with every ounce of my being just gotta hope he gets better later on

I'm surprised noone is talking about this when other shows get bashed for way less
I hope he turns it down a bit, I don't care much because it's fiction but having every interaction between the main characters be so creepy makes it hard for me to enjoy the show

I completely agree, i don't know how people can watch this and NOT think he's a weird, creepy stalker. it doesn't help that we know nothing about him right now too

Maou_heika said:
Which country is this set in? Doesn't look like Japan so the dark guy with a foreign Japanese accent seems really weird and out of place.

I haven't read the manga so I dn't know but basing off of all the character names, it seems like there's a good mix of ethnicites (Indian, japanese, french, german?) Might be set in the USA, or a fictionalized Japan maybe
Jan 15, 2022 5:08 PM

Jul 2019
I just wished the female lead had been more interesting. This dynamic doesn't do anything for me if only the guy is having it.
Jan 15, 2022 6:33 PM

May 2015
fenrirr2 said:

This is basically the wet dream of weebs who think, that simply stalking the girl and advancing despite rejections is a romantic thing which will ultimately succeed.

Except this is a josei, a show aimed at women.
So, this is actually the wet dream of women who want to be chased by a creepy lovestruck assassin or something lmao
Jan 16, 2022 1:21 PM
Sep 2013
Ironic enough that this is one of the better anime this season (since this season is so bad) and this is also bad. I guess you could say it's the best of the worst anime this season. I never read the manga so let me get this straight.

You have an insanely dangerous assassin/mercenary just falling in love with a completely random, attractive, and emotionless "bounty hunter?" Then this "assassin" started to display psychopathic tendencies and decides to message her/stalk her during the day?. I'm not sure what passes as good these day but this episode was very boring, had bad pacing and medicore art. Assassin-kun seems interesting but Bounty hunter-kun is a very uninteresting character.
Jan 18, 2022 2:18 PM

Jul 2021
Saro2775 said:
The Voice and intonation of the mouthless guy just throws me off so much.

Yes, this. What the hell were they thinking when choosing the voice actor XD Story seems quite solid though.
Jan 18, 2022 7:09 PM

Jun 2019
Pretty forgettable. None of the characters stand out or feel likeable yet. It’s a serial killer kink anime and doesn’t offer much after that.
Jan 19, 2022 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
Great stuff. I wish Chateau emoted more though. Or was voiced by Yui Ishikawa. Overall, it could have been a bit darker, but it's already good enough for anime standards.

The theme song should be something like this:

Jan 19, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2020
An interesting episode, though a bit bland production-wise. Also, I can't decide if the show actually wants me to think this guy is being romantic or if this is all just a ridiculous parody. Although considering the strange depths of romantic interactions that Josei titles sometimes get up to, I'm inclined to think it's the former.
Jan 20, 2022 2:42 AM

Dec 2010
OMG When I heard that ED, I orgasmed. Kyan-sama hit those notes like a yakuza boss.
Jan 20, 2022 3:44 AM
Mar 2021
Maou_heika said:

It's the first episode and I already hate the Korean stalker. Based on the cover and name I thought it was horror or psychological, was a bit disappointed after looking at the genres, now after watching it I'm even more disappointed seeing the kind of relationship the two leads have. Looks like a typical garbage romance aimed at girls. I bet the stalker guy is going to be a popular character with many fangirls.

This is psychological. I recommend to see genre in mangaupdates instead of MAL. I ever submit psychological manga to MAL and they remove psychological tag that I put so genre in this website is not credible.

"I'm even more disappointed seeing the kind of relationship the two leads have."
And you are too fast to judge, I am talking as manga reader. What kind of relationship you think this will be just by watching first episode? Their relationship... I can't even call it romance until chapter 55 that I read.

He is not popular like what you bet this will be, I read comments section when I read the manga and almost everyone talk about the plot and what the characters do, not fangirling.
Jan 20, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
fenrirr2 said:

Glad I found your comment. I got worried bc I saw a lot of guys defending the show saying it wasn't S.A., so I figured they were wrong. I will not be watching, so thank you for putting this all out. Anime fans love defending misogyny.
Jan 21, 2022 6:19 AM

Mar 2012
Alice0006 said:
"I'm even more disappointed seeing the kind of relationship the two leads have."
And you are too fast to judge, I am talking as manga reader. What kind of relationship you think this will be just by watching first episode? Their relationship... I can't even call it romance until chapter 55 that I read.

He is not popular like what you bet this will be, I read comments section when I read the manga and almost everyone talk about the plot and what the characters do, not fangirling.
The sort of relationship where stalker harasses victim till she falls in love with him and fangirls call it "passionate love", it's a pretty standard romance trope, the genres did list Romance.
Jan 21, 2022 10:05 PM
Mar 2021
Maou_heika said:
Alice0006 said:

The sort of relationship where stalker harasses victim till she falls in love with him and fangirls call it "passionate love", it's a pretty standard romance trope, the genres did list Romance.

It's not like that at all until chapter 57, this is spoiler
I don't know in the future and this is psychological, if you read or watch psychological romance, usually their romance is not normal.

And no one actually really care about their relationship in comment section of manga as far as I see lol so no one call it "passionate love"
Alice0006Jan 22, 2022 2:01 PM
Jan 21, 2022 11:22 PM
Mar 2021
fenrirr2 said:

"But it is clear, that here the intention is a romantic story between the MCs which is really fcked up with this premise.

This is basically the wet dream of weebs who think, that simply stalking the girl and advancing despite rejections is a romantic thing which will ultimately succeed. "

You already read the manga? You talk as if you know what will happen, if no then it means you are only assuming so I will say despite the romance genre, till now, I can't even say there is romantic moment between them (I don't know what you consider as romantic but for me, there is no romance at all till now). And this is psychological (You can check the genre in other website like mangaupdates). If you read psychological romance, it's not uncommon to see unusual or toxic relationship IF it will happen in the future (I don't know since it's not the end yet). Same as you, even if I read toxic relationship, I will read just for case study so either way I will still follow this story. And reading toxic relationship actually help me in real life, to detect toxic people and to prevent myself in such situation, so it's helpful.

I am the same as you actually, I wonder why people consider a girl who reject a man who harass her as tsundere and consider them romantic but that's how people see, not what the anime try to portray. As I said before, I never consider there is romantic moment between them or their moment as romantic because Chateau clearly reject him and even if she agree to do something with him, it's because she need him for something. This anime doesn't really try to portray it as good romance as I explained before, if people interpret it that way, well, it's not the anime's fault.
Jan 28, 2022 9:59 PM
Sep 2020
The animation quality was alright.
So far pretty accurate to the manga. We'll see if I like it or not (:
Jan 29, 2022 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
Okay SOng is definitely a creep but there's something else about him...he's definitely odd and characters like Chateau are they type I like the most, they have history and they have damage...I don't know why I find those types appealing to me but here we are.

Will definitely be into this one.
Feb 5, 2022 11:19 PM

Jun 2009
aw man, that intro was wild & his flirting!? hwat * ///// * I love him already & I can't wait to see how their relationship develops~

Mar 4, 2022 6:00 AM

Aug 2021
What an interesting proposal. Another anime about love traps.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

42 by stankosrbija1389 »»
Apr 18, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 30, 2022

45 by Kaylis-sama »»
Apr 8, 4:23 PM

» Season 2.?

Zayed_Iftekher - Aug 29, 2023

9 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 5, 12:37 PM

» Anything similar to this?

lovealyssafaith - Apr 11, 2023

17 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 2, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 19, 2022

58 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 13, 2023 11:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.