Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Police in a Pod
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 13, 2022 7:47 AM

Dec 2020
"can we have your number?" *gives them the emergency hotline number* well.. technically she's not wrong.
Jan 13, 2022 9:56 AM
Jan 2022
For me one of the better shows this season.
Jan 13, 2022 5:08 PM
Jun 2013
kuroneko99 said:
It's a shame that the show faithfully followed the source material and failed to depict how Fuji found the crime of the step father. I still can't understand the reason.

If for a person that isn't a police officer was pretty obvious, imagine for a veteran one, the entire case was a textbook of sexual abuse by stepfathers, when the girl mentioned her mother was working until late, married with a new guy and she started to leave the house, it was obvious.
Jan 13, 2022 5:47 PM

Nov 2010
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
kuroneko99 said:
It's a shame that the show faithfully followed the source material and failed to depict how Fuji found the crime of the step father. I still can't understand the reason.
If for a person that isn't a police officer was pretty obvious, imagine for a veteran one, the entire case was a textbook of sexual abuse by stepfathers, when the girl mentioned her mother was working until late, married with a new guy and she started to leave the house, it was obvious.
Thank you for the explanation.
---
When the girl said "I am going out to give the newlyweds their own time", there was no reaction from Fuji and the girl's behavior avoiding a stranger seems quite natural. I think the director should apply a certain implication to the show.
Jan 13, 2022 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
The show is good, the tonal shifts are quite jarring though
Jan 13, 2022 9:10 PM

Aug 2020
Decent ep, I didn't think this show would get as dark as it did here. Not a great show overall but I think it is one of the better ones this season.

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Jan 14, 2022 2:18 AM

Feb 2007
That sure caused some flashbacks to Bitter Virgin...
Jan 14, 2022 7:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More police workloads to be care of, and how they dealt with it. Runaway girl with intriguing reason behind, domestic violence, and fears against the men. I also meet with HanaKana character, that works with this episode theme, which gladly so well-suited to her persona in general. Even after all the talks with the girl, Kawai still need more experience to figure it out whats hiding by her own brain. Because, hell, Fuji was a sharp one. No wonder she's an ace at the previous division. Though, with all that incident goin on again and again, looks like criminal affairs division after mutated her, can't even avoid her for a long time after. Poor pompadour folks....

Nice episode with decent comedy punchline again, against all the serious case. Especially with those numbers xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 2022 6:26 PM

Jun 2019
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
This anime ain’t for kids…… deals with sexual assault…

It’s for adults really….t

Well, it's a Seinen so although anyone can watch it, the key target audience is male older teenagers and adults (probably like 16 or 18 years-old to men in their 40s and 50s is ideal target demographic for these types of series).
Jan 15, 2022 2:40 AM
Nov 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

Well, it's a Seinen so although anyone can watch it, the key target audience is male older teenagers and adults (probably like 16 or 18 years-old to men in their 40s and 50s is ideal target demographic for these types of series).

Well it didn’t say any where it’s a seinen…..

And also what makes you think that target audience will be watching it only… I am sure any one of any age will probably see it or try seeing it… just cause some thing has a targeted audience doesn’t mean any thing…. The rating of this Seinen is pg13 should be higher than that… with the material..
Hashiriya_weeb87Jan 15, 2022 2:46 AM
Jan 15, 2022 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

What do you mean? It says it right in the same place the genres and demographic label tags, if there is any, are always listed - on the series' main page.

Information
Type: TV
Episodes: 13
Aired: Jan 5, 2022 to ?
Premiered: Winter 2022
Broadcast: Unknown
Producers: Magic Capsule, Kadokawa
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Madhouse
Source: Manga
Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life
Theme: Police
Demographic: Seinen
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

https://myanimelist.net/anime/49519/Hakozume__Kouban_Joshi_no_Gyakushuu

Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
And also what makes you think that target audience will be watching it only…

Not trying to be rude, but did you not see where I said in the post you quoted "although anyone can watch it"?

Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
I am sure any one of any age will probably see it or try seeing it… just cause some thing has a targeted audience doesn’t mean any thing…. The rating of this Seinen is pg13 should be higher than that… with the material..

PG-13 is a rating under the MPAA rating system in the U.S. and the next higher up rating after that within the same classification system is R. Do you really believe it should be R-rated? I've seen enough films of all kinds using these same ratings from G to NC-17. Usually to earn an R rating there has to be some level of explicit violence, explicit nudity or sexual acts, or continuous and repeated foul language/cursing (unedited/uncensored) and similar language and acts. Here it's just the daily life of police officers and that includes exploring some crimes onscreen and referencing others that occurred offscreen, but if it were an American film receiving those same ratings, I haven't seen anything in it so far which would warrant an R under the guidelines they use.

Have you ever seen the TV series Law & Order? It's a police procedural and legal drama usually featuring cops investigating a crime in the first half of the episode and the district attorney's office and prosecutors bringing it to court and trying it in the second. It ran from 1990 - 2010 with multiple spinoffs and was/is successful and popular on American television. I bring it up because it's the same concept at heart - they discuss and explore all kind of crimes even worse than anything which has been featured here so far from serial killers to brutal rapes, pedophilia and domestic abuse, human traffickers, organized crime, etc. And it is rated TV-14 on U.S. television, which is the television equivalent of the MPAA's PG-13 rating.
WatchTillTandavaJan 15, 2022 3:38 AM
Jan 15, 2022 4:04 AM
Nov 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

What do you mean? It says it right in the same place the genres and demographic label tags, if there is any, are always listed - on the series' main page.

Information

Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

Not trying to be rude, but did you not see where I said in the post you quoted "although anyone can watch it"?

Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
I am sure any one of any age will probably see it or try seeing it… just cause some thing has a targeted audience doesn’t mean any thing…. The rating of this Seinen is pg13 should be higher than that… with the material..

PG-13 is a rating under the MPAA rating system in the U.S. and the next higher up rating after that within the same classification system is R. Do you really believe it should be R-rated? I've seen enough films of all kinds using these same ratings from G to NC-17. Usually to earn an R rating there has to be some level of explicit violence, explicit nudity or sexual acts, or continuous and repeated foul language/cursing (unedited/uncensored) and similar language and acts. Here it's just the daily life of police officers and that includes exploring some crimes onscreen and referencing others that occurred offscreen, but if it were an American film receiving those same ratings, I haven't seen anything in it so far which would warrant an R under the guidelines they use.

Have you ever seen the TV series Law & Order? It's a police procedural and legal drama usually featuring cops investigating a crime in the first half of the episode and the district attorney's office and prosecutors bringing it to court and trying it in the second. It ran from 1990 - 2010 with multiple spinoffs and was/is successful and popular on American television. I bring it up because it's the same concept at heart - they discuss and explore all kind of crimes even worse than anything which has been featured here so far from serial killers to brutal rapes, pedophilia and domestic abuse, human traffickers, organized crime, etc. And it is rated TV-14 on U.S. television, which is the television equivalent of the MPAA's PG-13 rating.

Well fair enough

But those ratings are different in Australia….
Jan 15, 2022 4:20 AM
Nov 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

Information

Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

And yeah you made your point…
Did you enjoy throwing around your ego around the room ??

Just leave it be… don’t want my inbox or alerts to explode cause some random wants to prove a point…
Jan 15, 2022 4:24 AM
Nov 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:

Thanks for reminding me how toxic
Social media is….

You make a little comment

And you get some random lecturing you….

Thanks ….

il make sure never to comment on Mal ever again….
Jan 15, 2022 4:35 AM

Jun 2019
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Thanks for reminding me how toxic
Social media is….

You make a little comment

And you get some random lecturing you….

Thanks ….

il make sure never to comment on Mal ever again….

What is your problem? I don't see any reason for the unprovoked hostility. I said nothing rude and specifically said I was not trying to be rude in any way - just sharing information in what I thought was a polite enough manner and exchange. Was there any reason to respond so rudely? It's uncalled for. Nothing I said was "toxic" or a "lecture" even remotely. I thought it was an exchange and decent, honest response.

And I'm the one who received three notifications after you created three separate posts in a row...

It also has nothing whatsoever to do with "ego" to simply point out correct information.
WatchTillTandavaJan 15, 2022 4:42 AM
Jan 16, 2022 9:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang. So it's still mostly light-hearted but it's not going to be all fun and games. Didn't know they were going to occasionally take the serious approach, but I'm all for it.

The end of the episode got me in the feels bro

Edit: However, they do need smooth out the changing between the heavy and light tones though. Just a few seconds after tackling sexual abuse topics we are already cracking some jokes
BetaMaleUltraJan 16, 2022 9:11 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 16, 2022 10:48 AM

Nov 2010
I really respect how the show manages to make some nice comedy when also tackling such heavy topics as domestic violence. Domestic violence, especially in a country like Japan that is very private focused, is scary, because someone has to speak up for anything to happen and if the police doesn't handle it right it can easily end in disaster when the perpetrator takes revenge.

The private message of the young girl was hilarious.

In the end, Fuji is the scariest of them all.
Jan 16, 2022 3:13 PM

Mar 2014
I'm glad that they got to do some police work that actually seem important but sometimes the jokes are still something that I still don't get
Jan 17, 2022 5:54 AM

Dec 2016
It was going funny at the beginning until the rape case...

But it was actually pretty obvious tho. I knew something was up when she mentioned that her mother got remarried. Kawai is quite dense.
Jan 18, 2022 6:36 PM

Jun 2019
I think this’ll end up being an enjoyable seasonal show. Nothing special and not much go look at, but easy to watch and pass the time once a week.
Jan 20, 2022 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
still on the yo fuck dem cops even if japan's police ant the same but watching this i'm like well maybe they are at least in this world lol feel like the heavy themes are important for this kind of work ,was kinda surprised by the outcome of the first case unless that dude just got let go.

can't put it into better words than this feels like Wave, Listen to Me! but with cops
Jan 23, 2022 1:32 AM
Mar 2012
lots of hilarious banter.
Fuji savagely wrecking her former department.
Shinsengumi history fan lowkey fun, Makitaka feels like Miku.
Jan 26, 2022 4:48 PM

Feb 2012
As soon as those fuccbois asked for her number, damn I knew exactly what she'd give them.

Miwa standing her ground against that intruder and her boss's "don't insult my subordinates", you tell'em

The well-versed and experienced Fuji spotted the subtle signs of abuse from a mile away and came up with an excuse so take the runaway into the safety of the interrogation room from the mother's bf that raped her.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 26, 2022 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
That got darker than I expected.
Feb 13, 2022 3:26 PM
May 2020
i like how cases can go from 1 to 100 almost instantaneously
Feb 18, 2022 12:04 AM

Jun 2019
Well, the experience speaks for itself. Kawai was surprised that Fuji was so good at her job. Kawai still has a lot of things to learn. Fuji is a great police officer.
Feb 26, 2022 4:30 PM

Sep 2015
I'm really digging the art and the personalities of these characters.

The slice of life series of this has been calming for me, not sure why.

Looking forward to seeing Kawai development, she has a lot to learn.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 16, 2022 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Almost forgot police also has a serious and dark side (16-year old runaway abuse victim) because of all the goofy humor (not being able to distinguish between police and yakuza was just comedy gold).

May 22, 2022 4:06 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, Chief Fuji is really a pro for noticing things. Kawai will surely learn a lot from her. The cases got sensitive topics but handled well in my option.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 13, 2022 7:02 PM

Nov 2018
Well this took a turn. I'm in for it, still a chill vibe
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2022

37 by Nnightwing »»
Aug 30, 2023 10:50 AM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

124 by RinCuk »»
May 26, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2022

45 by imjayhime »»
Apr 15, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2022

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2022

39 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.