Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2010 10:08 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good series. Finally, some action :) still wondering what they will do to fill remaining series.
Goh'Dan
Feb 22, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2008
YUE - YU-kito! i should have known!!!

suddenly the story becomes so serious :(
Oct 4, 2012 7:55 PM

May 2010
Woah, did Yue cheat his way when Syaoron used TIME?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 20, 2012 9:55 AM

Oct 2009
Using Time is the same thing I would do. I know that Keroberos doesn't like Syaoran, but he could warn him about that, at least. And why not judging Sakura first? Yue is cheating indeed

hanhebat said:
YUE - YU-kito!

So that's the reason Yukito was eating so much. He could as well eat nothing.
Actually, I was suspecting that Yukito may have more important role. I wonder if Yue has Yukito memory, and what is going to happen to Yukito, of course.

Oh, and next episode should be awesome. I can tell that already.
Jan 31, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
I was surprised by Yukito as well. I like it though. Though I'm still SO confused about Ms. Misutike (I can't spell)

I think that Li and Sakura should have been judged together, they're friends after all :P.

And can someone PLEASE explain to me how the Chinese magic that Li has fits into this whole Clow card business? They never really did explain that well enough for my liking.

I did like that she used Woody which I believe was her first card that she actually captured to beat Earth. I had forgotten completely that she still had an element to go!
Memnarch1113Jan 31, 2013 10:43 PM
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Mar 29, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2008
Clow Reed used a combination of Chinese and English magic to create his own magic. The Clow Cards are part of that fusion. I learned that tidbit from the Tsubasa series.

Ugh how is Sakura going to deal with this development, very tragic from her point of view.
Apr 28, 2013 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode, I am excited to watch the next one. Keroberos looks awesome in his true form ^__^

Also, I wonder if Yue will ever change back to Yukito?
Jul 3, 2013 9:59 PM
Oct 2010
not surprised. only because i guessed about yukito being someone more than just her crush/brothers friend by the way he acted with sakura. good shit though. finally a lot more plot. poor li D: least meilin isnt around to get her ass beat too
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 16, 2013 9:53 PM

May 2010
I guessed about Yukito exactly two episodes ago when he won that archery contest. Man, if I had been just a little bit slower I wouldn't have known! They did a good job keeping that hidden considering how obvious it is when you think about it :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
SOMEONE TELL YUE TO STOP BEATING UP THESE CHILDREN. WHAT A RUDE PERSON

i hope yukito's personality is in there somewhere.. what a good kid.... i'm really gonna miss him if not
May 19, 2014 8:06 PM

Sep 2010
So, how come the sleep card doesn't affect Tomoyo? Am I missing something? Did she just choose to not put her to sleep? XD;
Jul 8, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

ENTER

YUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THHHHHHHHHHE MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN JUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

HERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS

ENTER

KALAAAAAAAAAAAAVALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And by that I mean KEROOOOOOOOOBEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSS'S true form

Now let's see how they continued the rest of Cardcaptor Sakura in the next 25 episodes.
Sep 28, 2014 3:39 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode. Now let's see what Sakura got.
Sep 28, 2014 3:40 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode. Now let's see what Sakura got.
Oct 21, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2012
WOAH, awesome! I didn't know Yukito was Yue, I just thought he might have possessed him. Damn!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 17, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
Kero-chan.. shinkaaa..!!~
Kero-sama....!!

Ok now I realize Tsukishiro name means White Moon and that is Yukito-san >_>

Serhiyko said:
why not judging Sakura first? Yue is cheating indeed
No.. I think Yue judge with the least clow card first

Jan 30, 2015 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
Of course, Shaoran lost since he only got useless cards. Not sure if Sakura can do much either next episode, since her cards are mixed bag as well. Maybe got 5-6 useful cards, and 44 useless cards like Sweet, Move etc.

Since someone spoiled Yue's identity in a previous episode thread, I don't know how to feel about the plot twist. I don't remember them really hinting anything, but now that you know the identity I guess maybe there are some little hints that aren't really foreshadowing but feel like that on rewatches.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 19, 2015 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
Wondering how this will go/continue onwards since there's 25 episodes left and she has all the cards and beginning the big battle it's building up to.
Jun 13, 2015 9:22 PM
May 2015
Woah why Syaoran first? I know keroberos doesn't like him, but kero can warn him or give him some advice. And it is obvious that Syaoran woundnt win against Yue, though he is better on planning on how to trap a clow card but he have got all the 'not so important' cards, but when he was defeated Yue took all his cards?! Isn't this a cheating? And how Yue was able to freeze Syaoran using time? At least Syaoran should have a heroic defeat.
Aug 18, 2015 3:29 AM

Nov 2013
Oh god I was right about Yukito. Well he was too good to be true.

Yeah, I'm also curious how they'll fill the last 25 episodes. I wouldn't complain even if they would be all just pure filler because I've been enjoying the filler episodes probably the most.
Dec 22, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
i wonder if she'll use sweet on the next ep
May 25, 2016 8:57 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And here I thought Yukito had a thing for Touya but I guess that was all a facade until he regained his powers.

Yue is such a cold person. Not like I expected Li to win but still a cold way to beat him. And now Sakura has to face Yue alone. She does have a good offensive card set but well offense isn't everything.

Gotta give Sakura credit, she sealed the final element card on her own and with the Woody card.

Jun 29, 2016 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
I think saying that Yue still has a 'mean personality' would be putting it lightly. Yue's kind of an ass.
Mar 26, 2017 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
OH MY GOD!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!! I'm freaking out here! This episode was the best yet! I'm so pumped to see what happens next. Now I can see why Meilin got sent away. She would've ruined this atmosphere.
Jun 28, 2017 11:32 PM

Aug 2007
Hhhhhhhh such an amazing freaking episode.
Keroberos and Yue changing into their true forms gives me chills.

Nov 18, 2017 12:36 AM

Dec 2016
Wow the final Clow Card, yes it's natural that it would be The Earthy as we already got the other 3 elements already.

Ouch, it's really doing a whole lot of damage to the city.

Those were some nice flames Kero spouted in order to protect Sakura.

Excellent job Sakura using the tree like that.

Kero's true form does look really cool, and he has a different voice.

Haha poor Kero, even Tomoyo chan.

Oh my gosh what a twist that what, the once friendly Yukito is Yue and is not nice at all.

So now we are finally at the scene which we have seen for a long time now.
Jan 8, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
That episode! So it was true that Yuki hid a secret, but these new revelations that come to the surface only now have shocked me, excited! All of this action makes the narration even more engaging. The fact that these two episodes are part of a narrative arc, is a good sign, I can not wait to see the next episode, I'm too curious to find out what will happen to Sakura.
Jan 21, 2018 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was the lone memory that I had from Cardcaptor Sakura when I was a young boy long ago.
Kero-chan (now Kerberos) looks pretty badass in its original form. But I'm still wondering what does Ms. Mizuki is onto.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Apr 19, 2019 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
Heck yeah. It begins.

Also Osaka Kerberos!
Switch_ZApr 19, 2019 8:58 AM
Jul 30, 2019 1:23 AM

May 2016
The Final Judgment happening immediately after she captured EARTHY caught me off guard but the moment I saw Sakura put on that outfit, I knew that shit's about to get real. To be honest, I like Kero-chan's smol form more than his real one~

I accidentally read about Yukito being attributed to the moon before and assumed that he'll get possessed or somthing but I didn't expect his whole existence to be a cover-up for someone who's pretty much the devil who'll wreak a catastrophe on the earth if no one stops him.

Apr 6, 2021 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
Yue: "I want you to use all the Clow Cards you have in order to defeat me."

*Syaoran uses TIME* (arguably the strongest Clow Card)

Also Yue: "Kid, TIME is under my command."

Syaoran: "Well shit. Should have used the power of love and friendship instead."

*Syaoran dies*
May 5, 2021 8:39 AM

Aug 2018
I mean.. If Keroberos would become this form earlier.. Wouldn't it be quite a quiz how to keep him at home in this form?.. ;D So maybe it's for the better he only now became like this.. Though, it's also interesting, what they'd do, if he'd be like this.. I wonder.. Like.. Hey, dad! Hey onii-chan! I have new pet from today on.. ;D
So that's what Keroberos meant, when he said Sakura will lose something important to her?.. He meant losing Yukito?.. This will suck, if so.. Well, will see..
Em.. But why they need to fight some Yue?.. I mean, what for, really?.. Is it for galactic harmony or whatever?.. Or just creator of Clow Cards thought it'd be amusing thingy?.. ;D
And, like, what would happen, if she'd lose, really?.. Like cards would be scattered again?.. Or Yue will take them, and conquer/ destroy world, or whatever?.. Or what really?..
May 17, 2021 9:56 AM

Nov 2017
Keroberos is finally showing his true form and Yue has appeared!
Jun 2, 2021 6:57 PM

Jun 2014
I had a feeling that Yukito was Yue. Sakura and Li may never look at him the same way again.

Yue defeated Li, but now Sakura is up against him. Can she win?

Jun 30, 2021 3:09 PM

Jan 2021
I honestly had a feeling that yukito was yue..
But I thought I was wrong lol
Jan 25, 2022 10:20 AM

Jun 2015
Kero-chan wasn't lying. His true form is really cool.
This was a very big surprise. We were all lead to think that Mizuki sensei was Yue when it was Yukito.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 25, 2022 8:12 PM

May 2021
Really it was kinda sad , hope yue turn back to yukito
May 9, 2022 6:09 AM

Oct 2021
Kero-chan and Yukito's transformation were awesome, great episode.
Jan 13, 2023 11:31 PM
Apr 2021
Cómo que yukito es una identidad falsa y en realidad es yue? y su bromance con touya? anyways fingiré sorpresa aunque ya sabía, aún así siento tan raro ver lo diferente que son yukito y yue aunque sean la misma persona.

Por cierto, siempre sentí raro que yukito sea capricornio porque siento que no le va, pero siendo yue tiene más sentido que su signo sea capricornio.
May 14, 2023 8:00 AM
Jul 2017
how does sleep even work? it is bad writing. I wish they had understood the consequences of using sleep. People do not gently fall down when they are unconscious, they fall quickly and hard, then end up with brain bleeding. What happens to pilots, car drivers, surgeons, and etc? they don't think of the consequences at all for the cards

Kero's transformation was fire (no pun intended). I do wish his transformation was better paced. He had an angemon type transformation with the wings. He does look pretty good.

Sakura using the wood to restrict earth makes sense

the grand reveal for yue finally happened. I wish they paced it much better where we don't get 2 big reveals in 1 go 

yue went from mysterious to bad guy in 10 seconds. holy pacing batman 

why didn't kero-chan train sakura for all this bruh could have been an entire training arc. sakura could have taken a card that's weak and rubbed her name off and kept all the strong cards, trained, and then fought yue 

who was the last master of the cards??? sakura's dad? I bet sakura's brother and dad will come in at some point. the universe of people is small and they will all play a part

Sep 29, 2023 5:34 AM

May 2013
This show's always been pretty lax in portraying the consequences of the Clow Cards running amok in their world (of lack thereof), sometimes by just having the damage magically revert itself and sometimes by just ignoring it, but Earthy may have been the most egregious of all. People should be getting killed left and right with Earthy doing what it did. And you can't just put a whole town to sleep, that would create just as many problems as it would solve if not more -- I expected Li or Kero-chan to argue that secrecy no longer matters when the stakes are this high, but meh. I get that it's a shoujo series, but it feels silly to watch. You can still write these scenes in a more sensible way while staying true to your target audience; that would be preferable to just handwaving and not thinking about it.

Li's judgement was underwhelming, even if that was the expected result. He doesn't have many cards, though even still, someone like him should know better than to fight with anything but a Clow Card from the start. I figured that Time wouldn't work just due a sheer difference in magical power, but they make it sound like Yue basically cheated. "Use your Clow Cards to defeat me -- whoops, sorry, not that one, that one's subservient to me." Li basically existed to job in this episode, oh well.

I'm really excited for Sakura's judgement, we finally get to see her dream play out.
Nov 19, 2023 7:37 PM

Jul 2021
I know there's something off with Yukito.. but I didn't expect him to be Yue.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.