Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2022 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, we got a show about a guy named Wein trying to sell a country to other nations. Big task and it seems he's doing it so he can retire early.

Due to the show's themes, there's also war elements present in the show. Ninym Ralei is also a noticeable character introduced with her skills and relationship with Wein. A very valuable ally to him if you ask me. The animation looks solid so far, hope it doesn't drop in quality, and story has an interesting premise imo. Show has potential.

Jul 2017
OOH, Realist Hero FINALLY has a competitor: novelist Toru Toba's Tensai Ouji, being a fantasy comedy.

The OP by Nagi Yanagi X THE SIXTH LIE, WOW this was a collab that I did NOT expect to have, a good song. Can't say the same for Yoshino Nanjo's ED.

The protagonist MC Crown Prince Wein Salema Arbalest acts like the heir to the Kingdom of Natra with his aide assistant Ninym Ralei, but in actual fact that he didn't want to be in this position in the first place: a rebel treason whom wants to sell of his poor kingdom of unfavorable conditions. Always keeping up the facade when people are around except alone with Ninym.

Even with the large-scale kingdom wars (as such with the start of Marden vs. Natra), it's clear that this is meant to be a comedy first and foremost, amidst all that seriousness. Few are hits, many are misses, in fights like these which are expensive.

Yokohama Animation Lab's production is as what I'd expect: subpar to at best decent, even with its wonky 3DCG. While the LN started off the way it is, the manga adaptation of it skipped the opening chapters and dived straight into LN territory. Yet another nitpick...

A kinda of a mediocre start with yet another show adapting content at blistering speed.
KANLen09Jan 11, 2022 8:16 AM

Feb 2018
The emperor seems to have led the empire with his charisma, but the stronger the light, the deeper the darkness when it disappears.This is interesting, apart from Genjitsu who implements an economic kingdom system and sells royal treasures or objects, then Tensai Ouji is practically similar. The economic crisis of the kingdom was unavoidable, so selling the kingdom was the best choice. Uwoooo Furanya kawaii, onii-sam already have a cute imouto, damn so lucky. Uh? Did his Fura just offend his father's skin? Ma, a little walk might not be a bad idea, at least around the palace or something. Now is the time for Onii-sama to fulfill him role as the sword of Natra! And so on. What kind of vassal would Furanya and if she didn't live up to the expectations of His Highness the Regent? And so on.

Okay it's time to sensou, Urukio as an general? Looks like Urukio is in a pinch and can't help but ask for help from Rona's squadron on the left! Isn't that girl too strong? Even enemy generals are made to surrender, don't underestimate the flat oppai girl. This is all thanks to Wein because of Wein they can win the sensou. He was surprised. He had no idea that His Highness knew that he had been secretly planning to seize the Ziraat gold mine for some time. They planning to continue to attack on the Ziraat gold mine! What? Neko girl, Nyan? First episode clear.

Jan 11, 2022 6:17 AM

Apr 2016
Ok, one thing i really don't understand. Why did they changed so much stuff from the first season ? Names, like the mc is now called Arbalest instead of Souma, the locations, completely new continent and world. And of course the character visuals are now unrecognizable, even scraped the whole isekai thing. Really weird decision to undergo such an extensive plot changes compared to the first season.

Even the VAs are new now. I guess some big behind the scenes things happen, also unrelated, someone from the MAL anime database team made a mistake, we have two entries for Realist Hero S2, for whatever reason. Please change that.
Jan 11, 2022 6:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well this Realist Hero of Tuesday... hmm not bad, no much context or introduction to start the show, I didn't expect the MC to be quite silly sometimes and the show to get some comedy elements like that but it's not a problem, the military aspect with the army fight and the strategies were pretty interesting, not sure how it will develop but so far it's decent for a 1st episode.
Jan 11, 2022 6:58 AM

Oct 2017
Poor guy's plans always comes to bite him at the end, kinda feel bad for him. Ninym is cute but brutal too when it's needed. OP/ED were both okay, animation/visuals were okay too. Overall a decentish start, looking forward to more.
Jan 11, 2022 6:58 AM
Nov 2018
The story looks excellent but the production quality seems subpar. Guess they couldn't get enough budget for another isekai
Jan 11, 2022 7:02 AM

Apr 2016
Ash_La said:
The story looks excellent but the production quality seems subpar. Guess they couldn't get enough budget for another isekai

In what dimension does the story looks excellent.
Jan 11, 2022 7:03 AM

Jul 2021
I need to rewatch this because there were so many geography and military aspects that I totally suck at comprehending but anyways Wein is not a bland character and I found his comedy funny and not funny, mixed feelings yeah. His inner thoughts are very dumb but the outlook itself is ironically strategic. Ninym is probably going to become one of the waifus that people will absolutely simp over her side body profile :P Anyways the battlefield felt like a game of chess or one of those knight game advertisement, the 3D aspect though was decent, not too bothering since it was just a demonstration but eventually it was a real showdown and damn Ninym really just demolished the soldier's head using a sword LMAO, I never knew a sword would be able to slice someone's head in one take and it was pretty smooth ngl xD, also the "Nya" is very adorable uwu. I'm going to continue to see how the story will go after that gold talk in the climatic end of this first episode. Also OP is very nice, I wasn't expecting my favorite duo singers to collaborate and it has finally come true.
CQLLISTJan 11, 2022 7:10 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 11, 2022 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
He is wanky and lazy version of realist hero.
It seems each of his speech and ideas works with supreme luck.
Last day we got onee-san now we got Imōto. LOL
Ninym could make a great waifu. She looks a bit like Emilia. That's nice.

LOL I don't want to add more observant comment.
Jan 11, 2022 7:04 AM
Jan 2021
Swagernator said:
Ok, one thing i really don't understand. Why did they changed so much stuff from the first season ? Names, like the mc is now called Arbalest instead of Souma, the locations, completely new continent and world. And of course the character visuals are now unrecognizable, even scraped the whole isekai thing. Really weird decision to undergo such an extensive plot changes compared to the first season.

Even the VAs are new now. I guess some big behind the scenes things happen, also unrelated, someone from the MAL anime database team made a mistake, we have two entries for Realist Hero S2, for whatever reason. Please change that.
you know that that is another series and not realist hero yeah? Realist hero has it's second season and thats another animes first season. Look at titles and complain later lol

My comment to this first episode is, that i really like that setting and it has an interesting story with great animation and lovely characters. Also his inner chibi monologues are quite funny to watch. And what's more to say than nya?
XiamthyJan 11, 2022 7:09 AM
Jan 11, 2022 7:06 AM

May 2014
So... The prince is making the perfect decisions for all the wrong reasons, and freaks out when they work?
Is this the main quirk of the show that will go on? If so, might as well drop now.
High-pitched inner monologue of MC makes me wanna puke too.
Jan 11, 2022 7:07 AM
Oct 2019
The way the soldiers misinterpreted his plans reminded me of the floor guardians' sasuga ainz sama lol, and it looks like romance will also be a sub plot
Jan 11, 2022 7:09 AM

Jan 2017
Xiamthy said:
you know that that is another series and not realist hero yeah? Realist hero has it's second season and thats another animes first season. Look at titles and complain later lol

My comment to this first episode is, that i really like that setting and it has an interesting story with great animation and lovely characters. Also his inner chibi monologues are quite funny to watch. And what's more to say than nya?

Someone missed the obvious sarcasm eh :p

Anyways regarding the episode it's funny as I expected from the synopsis, guy just wanted to have an easy life ala Konosuba's Kazuma but being born royalty he doesn't have the luxury to just back out like the latter. Oh boy this can be quite the funny one this season
Jan 11, 2022 7:11 AM

Feb 2020
Fine first episode, not good but not bad either.
Hmm, 6.5/10 for now.
Jan 11, 2022 7:15 AM
Dec 2012
Does the author or director of this manga/anime have ADHD or something? So much is going on for a first episode
Jan 11, 2022 7:16 AM
May 2021
Ninym waifu potential
Jan 11, 2022 7:28 AM

Feb 2020
Kinda fun show.

Ninym and Falanya are both so adorable. :3 <3

Also, Nimyn's "meows" were so cute. xD

SerafosJan 11, 2022 10:26 AM
Jan 11, 2022 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
It was ok. Not much more. The animation was kinda meh, the story felt pretty rushed, the characters were ok but badly introduced - I have no memory of any names or positions and I only just finished it. I do like the overlord-esque situation of him being constantly overestimated by his subordinates though. So far realist hero 100% wins.
Jan 11, 2022 7:38 AM
Jun 2020
Genjitsu seemed better but this one is not isekai to its credit
Jan 11, 2022 7:40 AM
Nov 2021
So far not awful, but missing a lot of the intrigue and politics that drives a lot of the decisions and outcomes, hopefully this will be rectified in the future otherwise it will make wein into a carbon copy of the realist hero, which would be awful in reality given how good of a character wein is in the light novels.

Jul 2017
Incredibly rushed, poorly animated and rendered CGI whenever it was present to show off the area or tactics (with mediocre animation and drawings elsewhere), and generally not that funny nor enjoyable of a cast or a story so far. Pretty disappointing as a whole since this was one of the few series I was hoping would deliver some mild entertainment in this season. Directing in general was really weak here imo, that probably took out some of the potential this could have had. Wein and Ninym's chemistry was really off here too for an introduction episode, although that could develop a bit over the next few episodes.

Just generally, an underwhelming and clunky premiere for me and I hope this can be improved upon in the next few episodes.
Feb 2021
That swift Beheading of enemy General from Ninym was so enticing. I wouldn't have my mind if I was in that position and getting decapitated from Ninym.... Just Kidding. This anime most likely will be one of the most entertaining & comedy anime of this season with the eccentricity of our main characters. It will be fun watching him whinning just because he is winning. Also I am in love with Ninym. She looks so pretty and strong. In fact, she is definitely my anime girl of this season. I still can't get enough off the scene of her cutting down enemy general.

So far, show is absolutely brilliant and I hope it will keep delivering with some tantalising or alluring scene of Ninym.
Jan 11, 2022 7:41 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit so many cute girls, I'm sold.

Falanya is so cute >.< eeeeeeeeee

Ninym is cute too but not as much as Falanya though. Ninym reminds me of Emilia though.

Already getting must protecc vibes for both of them (´,,•ω•,,)♡

But genuinely I had so much fun watching this episode. It was really funny, it even managed to create very tense atmosphere at a point. The last part was especially really cute and wholesome. The conversation with the "meows" was so cute lol.

The world set-up is pretty much done, the concept is simple, there is a kingdom Natra which is basically unporsperous. The king has fallen ill so his son has taken over the kingdom. He has no hope that the kingdom will ever become prosperous again but he is forced to engage in work to make the kingdom prosperous again. We follow him on his journey to make his kingdom great again, though he wants to sell it off at some point.

The OP is pretty good. The animation is pretty good too though I noticed the use of CGI in some places and it definitely looked different than normal surroundings, wasn't really pretty.

I'm thinking this is a kind of parody anime, it was just so funny the way the army easily defeated Marden and was actually successful in taking the gold mines too lol.

The way Ninym sliced the general's head without feeling anything was just damn. Imagine being lucky enough to be killed by the hands of a kawai waifu.

Overall enjoyed this episode a lot, had some good laughs, 5/5 episode. Gonna watch 3-4 episodes before rating it though.
TsutanaiFuunJan 11, 2022 7:57 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 11, 2022 7:44 AM
Jul 2020
Not gonna lie this was great except camera movement, it looked.. weird
Looking forward for new episodes
Jan 11, 2022 8:00 AM
Jan 2020
KANLen09 said:
OOH, Realist Hero FINALLY has a competitor: novelist Toru Toba's Tensai Ouji, being a fantasy comedy.

The OP by Nagi Yanagi X THE SIXTH LIE, WOW this was a collab that I did NOT expect to have, a good song. Can't say the same for Yoshino Nanjo's ED.

Protagonist MC Wein Salema acts like the Prince heir to the Kingdom of Natra with his aide assistant Ninym Ralei, but in actual fact that he didn't want to be in this position in the first place: a rebel treason.

Even with the large-scale kingdom fights, it's clear that this is meant to be a comedy first and foremost, amidst all that seriousness. Few are hits, many are misses.

Yokohama Animation Lab's production is as what I'd expect: decent, even with its 3DCG. While the LN started off the way it is, the manga adaptation of it skipped the opening chapters and dived straight into LN territory. Yet another nitpick...

A kinda of a mediocre start with yet another show adapting content at blistering speed.

I kinda like the ED. I'm definitely going to listen through it when watching this anime

Mediocre animation but, give or take, this could have been way worse. It reminds me of Konosuba, having a low budget but was able to stand out eventually. I'm hoping this anime can accomplish the same feat as Konosuba and it seems it might be able. I mean even the font for the title is almost the same as the one for Konosuba

Weird mention but I kinda feel awkward with Wein's voice, being in the middle of a man and a woman. Takahashi Rie, as always, is amazing

The plot is a comedy first, fantasy second although I would say this might be more like in the medieval era as there weren't any magic spells. (Say it with me, "THANK GOD", I'm done with the same fireballs and stuffs like that). Although races might still be in this anime and it could still be a fantasy afterward. Back to what I was saying, it tried to be a comedy first but I kept feeling mixed between laughing and being serious. For instance, there was this part when Wein inquired why their army was doing so competently. It should be funny but it showed human lives being slaughtered while he was asking.

Overall, I enjoy this anime, in fact, it might be the only anime that I watch in this season. It isn't trying to be an Isekai or a power fantasy. To me, a person who loves fantasy but gets bombarded by tons of awful Isekai, it's a breath of fresh air.
Jan 11, 2022 8:06 AM
Sep 2015
It'd be much more interesting if the prince is openly gay, he already seems like one.
Jan 11, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 2021
A comedy version of Genkoku (non-isekai) I guess? It's quite hilarious how Weiner's dirty schemes led to unexpected results which favor his' kingdom and its people lmao.

Gotta admit that Ninym's untroubled personality is one of the reasons that made me add this on the list. Hope that this won't flop later on.

Jan 11, 2022 8:22 AM
Jan 2020
Not far from what I've expected, but a pretty decent start. Undoubtedly rushed tho.

And Ninym best girl.
RonninnJan 11, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 11, 2022 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
Well I guess they ended skipping a whole bunch of the novel as expected. The premise still there but they didn’t adapt a lot of stuff that builds the characters personality.

How the MC take over the country and how he build his reputation as a genius regent was neglected. The discussion between MC and empire ambassador was missing. That’s one of the important parts even more so than the war that shows MC intellect and skills imo.

All the info on the conflict of how the empire was trying to take over Natra with their army, MC get the empire army to train them in exchange for letting their army stay in Natra increasing their value as a country before planning to sell his country to the empire and live a life of luxury. Can’t believe they skip the status of the continent west and east, the race discrimination and all. The first episode jumping to war and saying that last line before enemy general died for anime viewers to probably not get the meaning of it yet.

They went straight for war immediately without even explaining the reason for war is because empire army that was station in Natra retreated due to the kings sudden illness got bad rather than just wanting to invade them.

I just hope they don’t skip all the debate, negotiations etc which is the best parts of this title. This is a story of politics and comedy not action with magic and the usual isekai stuff as it’s focus. And damn they didn’t adapt the gag of the retainer rushing in MC’s room with a bad news everytime MC thought everything is going according to his plan to sell his country away.

Realist hero was a much better adaption than this sadly though it did better and had proper pacing due to having sequel. As a novel reader it doesn’t really matter since I already know the story and mostly watch for waifu Nyihm. XD
Lambdaa-Jan 11, 2022 8:48 AM
Jan 11, 2022 8:39 AM
Jun 2020
As I thought the manga had a lot more skinship and service no wonder this ep felt boring

hypercowbellJan 11, 2022 8:48 AM
Jan 11, 2022 8:52 AM
Nov 2018
Swagernator said:
Ash_La said:

In what dimension does the story looks excellent.

I... just like the trope of MC talking absolute trash and it being taken as genius by others. Sorry if that offended you `(*>﹏<*)′
Jan 11, 2022 9:09 AM

Feb 2021
Seriously this show is fun to watch with hilarious mc, looking forward to next episodes
Jan 11, 2022 9:15 AM

Jun 2021
Guys, i fell in love with Ninym so hard <3

Mod Edit: Removed multiple screenshots
KuniiJan 12, 2022 3:04 AM
Jan 11, 2022 9:27 AM
Sep 2016
So like pretty much all the people above have already said: it's kinda like that other anime. But it appears there's at least one interesting character in here, and judging by this first episode the pacing is way better.
Jan 11, 2022 9:36 AM
Oct 2021
this shi ain't that bad, i actually like the first ep, im looking forward for the next ep
Jan 11, 2022 9:40 AM

Apr 2018
The story, art, and characters are excellent, meow.
Jan 11, 2022 9:43 AM

Nov 2012
Well, there goes his retirement. The soldier with his head clanging in his helmet sealed the deal for me. That was hilarious. I was surprised at some of the war scenes, especially the beheading, given the overall tone and art style, but I really enjoyed it. Looking fwd to e2.

I only watched the first 2 eps. of Realist Hero. I didn't interest me as much as other titles in it's season, but maybe I'll go back to it.
Jan 11, 2022 10:02 AM

Dec 2015
Great stuff. I like fantasy in a medieval-like setting. Also real fantasy worlds (not the historic earth). I also like politics and stuff. And it is no iseaki.

Yes: Feels a bit like Realist Hero - regarding the skills of the main char. + a bit mixed in KonoSuba ... with a less slapstic and over the top way of doing comedy.

Just my type of anime. At least for 1-cour I surely can enjoy this. Calmly and relaxing - and making you laugh sometimes.

Maybe I will even watch more - if it is good until the end and they are going to produce more seasons.
Jan 11, 2022 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
Realist Hero is that you?
Jan 11, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
Hey, finally the anime of the girl with the thicc thighs! Last week we had Takagi's moo's and now we have Ninym's nyaa's, blessed Rie Takahashi <3.

The little sister is super cute. Shuna's cuteness transcends series xD.

So the MC is literally the definition of suffering from success lol. Nice way to end the episode with the mines already taken haha.

Pretty good first episode, looks like it's going to be a very fun series.
Jan 11, 2022 10:32 AM

Jan 2020
This seems like it’ll be like Realist hero but with a more annoying mc and little romance. Don’t really like that. Well, let’s see what the next ep brings.
Jan 11, 2022 10:45 AM
Nov 2021
It's just the same joke repeated.
Jan 11, 2022 11:01 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lame opening visual aside, I guess it was a decent start. Let's see if the comedy gets old fast.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 11, 2022 11:01 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Wein doesn't want the responsibility of leading a kingdom. Ninym is cute but also very powerful xD. Natra's forces beat Marden in an all out fight and even though Wein wanted the army generals to disagree with his plan to take the gold mine, they revealed it was a longstanding plan of theirs and they actually managed to take it!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 11, 2022 11:03 AM
Sep 2008
First episode and its already more realistic than the realistic hero anime.
Jan 11, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2015
Way too rushed. They neglected a lot from LN. And the comedy were poorly inserted. Disappointed.
Jan 11, 2022 11:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A crown prince at such a young age huh. But man beneath his smile he sure a surprisingly lazy and unmotivated person. Still they sure were unlucky being situated that far north with no notable industries or resources to prosper from. Despite his plan to launch a half baked plan his speech to the troops really was good and contributed greatly to allowing his men to easily overpower the enemy by working together as units rather than as half baked idiots. Kudos to the enemy command for knowing some basic military strategy though. Still it was thanks to Ninym's quick thinking that truly saved that battle. Her execution of the enemy general though was pretty dark though in that scenario justifiable. Hmm Overall that was actually a pretty entertaining opening ep that combined some nice character intros, lore expansion and brief action along with some nice comedy moments as well. The contrast between Wein's inner and outer self while entertaining to watch contrasted well with his insight as well as Ninym's assists. Looking forward to seeing how this goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2022 11:19 AM

Feb 2019
I like this show a lot already. Basically another spin on how a realist rebuilt the kingdom. Fantasy world, cute girls, nice art, what’s not to like.
Jan 11, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
i like the character chemistry between Ninym and Weiner, so im sticking around for that
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

96 by 7thAkatsuki »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2022

96 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 14, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2022

31 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.