Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sabikui Bisco (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
The world setting for this show is actually kinda interesting.

Characters like Milo and Pawoo are introduced but they don't interest me much yet. On the other hand, it seems the anime takes on a mature ending without much humor. And plus, I do kinda like the general premise of the show.

They should probably try and get us more invested into the main cast. So far, only Pawoo has somewhat impressed me.
Jan 10, 2022 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
Well, that actually started with a 'BANG' for sure. Japan is going through Rusty Wind which turns everything into Rust. Doctor Panda is very nice and all the girls are all over him. LOL. But, he has his fair share of trouble that his older sister, Pawoo is also suffering through the Rust infection. So, he's trying to make a medicine for it.

Everything after that was pure chaos. Loving the monk or should I say the Mushroom Guardian who rescued Dr. Panda. Looking forward to more Pawoo tho. This looks very interesting to me. The visuals look cool and The OST is really good.
Jan 10, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
For a newbie studio like OZ, the staff list is STACKED with key people, most of them from Ufotable, but more like the same staff team from Studio NAZ's ID:Invaded.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1983469
https://twitter.com/sa10tatsu/status/1368336467345498123

JUNNA having an OP for this is quite unusual, but yea OK, fine.

The story of people affected by Rust like it's a natural plague in a dystopian Japan, and this Milo Nekoyanagi a.k.a Doctor Panda is treating people like his sister Pawoo while others are spreading the word to stay away from the root cause being mushrooms.

The "Man-Eating Mushroom" Bisco Akaboshi whom people tend to point the blame to, being a fugitive for causing the Rust endemic through mushrooms, he is instead a "Mushroom Keeper", the boy with a huge bounty on his head.

Sabikui Bisco...dare I say feels like a sub-decent Chainsaw Man with MAPPA's release coming soon. And I don't say this lightly.
Jan 10, 2022 8:02 AM

Jul 2021
Lol I like how the first 3 second of this episode is just the city getting all demolished through some huge explosion but the aftermath gives a desert punt vibes. Bisco who eats mushrooms is one of the most hilarious wanted poster I’ve ever seen xD but hey, I like the concept of mushrooms, it should at least be something memorable for me to hear it all over and understand the whole impact it has made to the society for both sided. That night city looks really cool?!?! Also nice to see Milo though he hasn't interest me yet but his character has potential I hope. Those Mantis Shrimps makes me wanna eat them one bite and I wonder who will Milo give it to :o. Now I just knew that Bisco was wearing a cover because the bow is definitely something that I’ve seen before in the trailer! That random boy stealing Milo’s stuff was out of the blue scene anyway HEARING KENJIRO’S VA VOICE WITH A RABBIT ALONGSIDE HIM MAKES KUROKAWA HAVING SUCH A HILARIOUS AND INTERESTING ENTRANCE UNTIL A HUGE MUSHROOM APPEARED BEHIND HIM LMAO and now I know for sure that Bisco’s bow ability can let the arrows spawn huge gigantic mushrooms which I find it interesting. This whole series right now is just the beginning and I don’t expect any full fights, just wanting to get to know more of these characters and see how they're going to develop later on I guess. ALSO JUNNA DOING ANOTHER OP WOOH !!!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 10, 2022 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
It's pretty good for first episode.
The world setting is deserted japan after a huge explosion.
The mushrooms are considered to be bad. Causes rust disease which rots away people.
Bisco got 800K nikka on his head.
LOL Mushroom explosive.😂
Pawoo is hot.
The OST and music is great.
Jan 10, 2022 8:10 AM
Jan 2020
Calling it, this is the shit. Anime of the Season. Fuck Akebi-chan.

You gotta love the essence of pure chaos. OST is also a banger.
Jan 10, 2022 8:12 AM

May 2020
One of those anticipated new ones coming out this season, and the setting looks to be in a world where this unknown illness has taken its toll all over. Nekoyanagi Milo, a working doctor who’s in for treating those infected individuals and also working on medicine, has his sister himself suffering from it. But hey things got a bit messy after that with those rabbit faced men unleashing chaos all over the city, and that’s when the main dude Bisco got in and seems like he’s a bit of an infamous person out there. But still for a first episode this was decent enough introducing the main premise and some of those main characters which we’ll be seeing often.

Also the visuals were quite neat and that Opening was so-so.
Jan 10, 2022 8:14 AM
Jun 2019
For me who have read the manga(there is novel,the original one)first,i'm ok with this. I think some people may confused like what happened. I'm sure that they will tell in ep2 and i think they want to make the introduction about Bisco and Milo quickly for making their long journey. I'm waiting for ED song. OP song is not my type but it's ok to listen.
Jan 10, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
Despite my negative feelings of anticipation for the Winter 2022 season, this was one of the few shows that I actually had curiosity towards regards to its potential so this was a show I had some mild expectations for through the premise and trailer.

The first episode was not really an instant hook but more of a slow-burner with introducing the world, various characters and the Rusting illness taking place there, the mystery surrounding Bisco, the "Man-Eating Mushroom" and the deal with mushrooms there basically. It wasn't an interesting episode on its own and did drag at various points to leave me genuinely feeling bored as a whole but this was enough of a setup for other episodes to build on and get more exciting potentially in the long run. Curious about how Bisco and Milo's chemistry would be for the remainder of this series. I'm getting a hint of CSM/Dorohedoro vibes with the wackiness of the series in some elements.

Music was good, easily the best part of the episode imo. Visuals were pretty mixed here, some parts looked good, some looked pretty rough. But there wasn't a crazy amount going on here anyway for the animation department to shine so hopefully that improves with the next few episodes so I can see the kind of potential the animation can have with this series for its action sequences. Given how wacky the premise and setting is with the mushroom gimmick, it can work if well-executed.

I'm glad we're getting another JUNNA anime opening song through this series too. It's good, although not her best for sure. Magus Bride and Kaizoku Oujo ones are much preferrable to me but this was solid enough.

Overall, I'm not too sure on how to feel about this series from the first episode alone since it was kind of boring despite seeing some potential there, will need to see the next few to confirm to myself whether or not this show really does have the quality there to be a good series potentially or would it be just another boring and forgettable show as a whole like many others this season.
animejasJan 10, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 10, 2022 8:21 AM

Oct 2017
Mushroom what? Bruh! Am I supposed to take this shit seriously lol? Cause it feels ridiculous to me. Not a bad start by any means but feels a bit silly with mushroom this and mushroom that. Animation was allright, nothing outstanding like some people expected it to have. Anyway hopefully things will get better.
Jan 10, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2018
Just read the previous comment on this thread and jesus, the STAFF team is full of talented and popular people. This is going to be great and the world setting is very interesting. The PV was amazing so hopefully the anime stays so. The huge mushroom was hilarious as hell and they're considered a threath in this world. The opening song by JUNNA is amazing. Pawo and the rest of the characters are pretty good but Pawo is the one that got me interested fr.
Forgot to mention that Tsuda is VA the govnr. GOATED!
Also, Bisco looks fucking intense.
SideCharacterKalJan 10, 2022 2:39 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 10, 2022 8:33 AM

Feb 2018
Promising first episode, but the animation already feels way too slow and fps-less in action scenes.
Let's hope other episodes will improve it and give us some cool anime madness.
Jan 10, 2022 8:34 AM
Sep 2015
Yes, I love when Bisco's mushroom get bigger and bigger... LOL

But seriously Kenjiro Tsuda voicing governer Kurokawa is too great for the first episode, I think I'm becoming too aware of his voice.
Jan 10, 2022 8:38 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting first episode, the mushroom setting is very cool.
Not a bad start! 7.5/10 ep
chungzicJan 10, 2022 8:41 AM
Jan 10, 2022 8:43 AM
May 2021
Man after getting 3 disappointing series this makes it so good
Jan 10, 2022 8:51 AM
Dec 2020
Good build up,waiting for what they would do and "that" sence from the trailer
Jan 10, 2022 9:03 AM

Jan 2009
sold

Mushrooms and Decay disease aka Rust

Pawoo is damn sexy hot too

Jan 10, 2022 9:07 AM

Oct 2018
This is a good start, but I can easily see an anime like this falling apart as it goes. I’m praying that it keeps up this quality until the end, it looks like it’ll be a pretty enjoyable seasonal

Jan 10, 2022 9:19 AM

Feb 2020
Mushrooms!!! :D

Well, that was something different. Pretty interesting start.

Doctor Panda is a very likable character.

SerafosJan 10, 2022 11:12 AM
Jan 10, 2022 9:19 AM
Jul 2021
Pawoo is so damn beautiful! Please tell me she doesn't die!
Jan 10, 2022 9:23 AM

Feb 2019
I have absolutely no idea what’s happening but this shit is fire. Mindless over the top entertainment, reminds me of TTGL and FLCL in that sense. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, definitely feels fresh
Jan 10, 2022 9:29 AM
Oct 2016
This is some crazy stuff right here. This is like Trigun mixed with Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, mix with a little of Ghost in the Shell. There was the long slow burn at the beginning of this episode where we didn't even see either of the main characters until halfway through the episode. Sort of I guess because I think that monk guy is implied to be Bisco at the end with that bow. But we get a lot of world building at the start showing how these giant rust explosions caused by I guess mushrooms screwed things up. How changed civilization to basically a desert planet with whole new kinds of diseases and ways of life. The character Doctor Milo being part of the main duo of this story, which is funny given his characters devotion to protecting his sister given whom voices Milo. The governments spin on events and skewing with the media gives this some cyber punk vibes of course it being post apocalyptic. Milo is a good hearted guy helping the townsfolk while getting wrapped up in the shady side with that Governor, who's also got a notable voice. Luckily this so called terrorist Bisco shows up and sprouts mushrooms all over the city. I wonder if it actually causes that rust or if its just the government lying to the public. Because idk Bisco doesn't seem to want to just kill bunches of people
Jan 10, 2022 9:33 AM
Aug 2020
Wtf did I just watch. Anyway, see y'all next week
Jan 10, 2022 9:37 AM

Jul 2021
Marinate1016 said:
I have absolutely no idea what’s happening but this shit is fire. Mindless over the top entertainment, reminds me of TTGL and FLCL in that sense. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, definitely feels fresh
oh yeah i definitley got flcl vibes from this, maybe thats why i enjoyed it so much
Jan 10, 2022 9:47 AM

Oct 2021
Nice start . People suffering from rusting wind . 2 Main characters one is akaboshi bisco the terrorist and another town saviour Milo nekoyanagi nice pun with doctor panda nick name .
Kurokawa( sounds like a bad guy ) Kenjuro tsuda voice is rare easily gets recognised by his unique sexy voice .
Pawoo. She is more like Esdeath imma fall in love with her perfect body curves .
In animation wise it was a conservative approach coz it’s just character and story introduction. Hope to see some crisp action scenes in upcoming eps .
White fox is also credited expected it .
Suzuki Ryouta as Bisco is an interesting choice .
Jan 10, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2021
Damn the cliffhanger.

This was a very interesting and enjoyable episode. The world set-up was a bit difficult to understand in starting but by the end of the episode it was clear. Still not very clear about the rust disease though, just can't comprehend rust on human body lmao, guess that would be explained in next episodes.

The animation is really good, some of the scenes were very beautiful. The character designs are really great too. Doctor Panda seems like a likable character, and we still haven't properly met Bisco, our MC, but he seems like an interesting dude. Looking forward to see Pawoo fight.

Haha and those hookers were cute xD(highlight of the episode)

The ED OP was very good, already liking it a lot.

Gonna rate after watching like 3-4 episodes.

Looking forward to next episode.

TsutanaiFuunJan 10, 2022 10:05 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 10, 2022 9:52 AM

Oct 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
Damn the cliffhanger.

This was a very interesting and enjoyable episode. The world set-up was a bit difficult to understand in starting but by the end of the episode it was clear. Still not very clear about the rust disease though, just can't comprehend rust on human body lmao, guess that would be explained in next episodes.

The animation is really good, some of the scenes were very beautiful. The character designs are really great too. Doctor Panda seems like a likable character, and we still haven't properly met Bisco, our MC, but he seems like an interesting dude. Looking forward to see Pawoo fight.

The ED was very good, already liking it a lot.

That’s opening song which was in the end . Ending song will be in next episode .
Jan 10, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2021
Xshake said:
TsutanaiFuun said:
Damn the cliffhanger.

The ED was very good, already liking it a lot.

That’s opening song which was in the end . Ending song will be in next episode .
Yeah, I realised that after reading other posts, earlier I just wasn't able to infer if it was OP or ED so I thought it was ED as it was played at the end. Thanks for telling though :D

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 10, 2022 10:16 AM
Nov 2021
Episode 1 was a lot better than I expected of the anime.
Jan 10, 2022 10:23 AM
Apr 2018
5:10. They had me in the first half ngl
Jan 10, 2022 10:31 AM

Jan 2020
I felt like it was cutting between scenes a bit too fast for my tastes, but this was a nice first episode!
Jan 10, 2022 10:41 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good first episode.
I found it very interesting, the art is very good and the characters are apparently very cool. I hope this anime doesn't let me down.
asdasdsadad
Jan 10, 2022 10:43 AM
Dec 2021
NGL this kinda SLAPPED. Great first episode. Not a huge fan of Panda doctor he seems a bittt too 2D. Wish they dwelled into the lore a bit more but i like it this way, mystery, discover as you go. Pretty LIT. Bisco is an absolute badass. Looking forward to the next episodes cuz this is definetelyyyyy the best anime of the season. Theres like 0 competition anyways so wheez
Jan 10, 2022 10:47 AM
Aug 2021
i quite enjoyed it idk what i was expecting but it surpassed my expectations and it looks like the anime is more on the mature side which im totally fine with...the premise sounds cool i might check out the light novel lets see how this goes
Jan 10, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
Not too sure on the MCs as of yet, but the tones and setting of the show can really push this forward, and I would honestly love to see more, and to see what else it has store for us. Very interesting first episode.
Jan 10, 2022 11:05 AM

Jun 2021
Good episode. The setting sounds interesting. It's too early to say that it will be good, but feels like it has potential to be a really good show.
Jan 10, 2022 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
NOt entirely sure whats happening but it has potential for sure.
Jan 10, 2022 11:08 AM
Jul 2021
I don't usually say this after the first episode only, but it's already the best new anime of the season. I hope more people will watch it eventually
Jan 10, 2022 11:13 AM

Jan 2021
I like the deserted Tokyo setting and the virus thing. Also the music is fire. Animation was ok. Really good first episode. Hope it gets even better.

チュブリツァ

Jan 10, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 2016
I might just watch the show for its silly aesthetic. Mushrooms, bugs, rust, sand, post-apocalyptic, red. It's neat.

I don't know if the hair colors on Milo(blue) and Bisco (red) are indicative of character types or some type of bizarre foreshadowing. Blue hair in such red-toned world certainly stands out. Is Milo the figure of an optimistic future for this world? Lmaooooo probs not....
Jan 10, 2022 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
Good set up episode that didn't feel too rushed. I'm already intrigued by the dystopian setting and the characters. Looking forward to when the craziness will turn up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2022 11:28 AM
Jan 2019
better than aot already
Jan 10, 2022 11:41 AM

Apr 2018
Extremely interesting beginning.
I absolutely adore the post-apocalyptic blade-runner-like setting.
Jan 10, 2022 12:06 PM
Sep 2020
This was lit. Looks like it has a lot of potential for sure
Jan 10, 2022 12:29 PM

Jan 2021
I'm kinda getting a Dorohedoro vibe from this anime (a slight one), so Imma do it dorohedoro style

What we learnt this episode:

1. Doc Panda is a good guy
2. Always call Akaboshi as Bisco
3. Pawoo is hot
4. Tsuda Kenjirou sounds sexy as always voicing Kurokawa
5. ODOKAWA IS DOC MILO!?!?!? (he is)
6. The sound design slaps
7. The staff is stacked!

What do mushrooms do?
We do not know

And what will happen next episode?
That's still a mystery

That is...

SABIKUI BISCO!

I might keep this up for further episodes if I feel like it still has dorohedoro vibes or if I remember it or even watch it before getting burnt out from anime like I normally do
Jan 10, 2022 12:54 PM

Aug 2008
This is one of rare occurrences where a trailer made me pick up a show. Some Sunabozu or Casshern vibes made me interested even more, so it's pretty disappointing to see so much lazily written exposition talk or the main action point of the episode being defendant on mindbogglingly incompetent and inadequate border security. I hope this show won't completely rely on weirdness and aesthetics to cover incoherent and subpar writing. Come on anime industry, this past decade in anime is really bland, stop disappointing.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 10, 2022 12:59 PM

Nov 2011
I think the potential for this anime is very high. I just hope they don't ruin it.

Episode one world building and set up was good. I think the Three main characters in Bisco, Milo, and Pawoo can be very cool.

Looking forward to the rest of this.

Also the soundtrack was fire.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 10, 2022 1:01 PM

Nov 2015
I watched the trailer a few months ago and LOVED the sountrack since then I kept following news around Bisco. Glad it's finally here!

I'm here before this blows up!
Jan 10, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
looks like this will be a Nonlinear Narrative too and im sure a lot of haters will say the storytelling is messy again which is the point
Jan 10, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2021
This about to be my favorite series in the season (besides rankings of king and takagi-san)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

85 by Yasminaa »»
Apr 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Mar 28, 2022

141 by Talamare »»
Jan 14, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

101 by Talamare »»
Jan 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

200 by Koukyoukyoku »»
Jan 10, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MadanielFL - Mar 21, 2022

116 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jan 8, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.