Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2022 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
Umm cuz people think this is better..I like both
But Violet Evergarden is one of favourite anime.. top 3 tbh.. I definitely think ratings are fine
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2022 5:45 AM
Nov 2020
I personally feel that the Violet Evergarden movie is better, how they wrapped up Violet and Gilbert’s story was so emotional it was great.
Wasn’t as invested in the romance in A Silent Voice but still thought it was good.
Jan 15, 2022 8:19 AM
Oct 2019
Talking about it, this movie (violet) only rated by 300k users, very different with silent voice that rated by 1.7M users. The gap is too far. Imo this movie was boring at beginning ngl, The first 30 minutes felt like swallowing a sleeping pill. The premise was ruined+simp violet, but still get the emotional connection in yuri's arc. The series are 5× better. Silent voice hits different, perfect redemption story, many tearjerker moments, perfect execution in the ending, also based MC tbh.
Jan 16, 2022 6:31 AM
Sep 2010
I am one of the cool kids that saw the Violet Evergarden Movie in the movie theatre, it really tugged on my heart strings. I gave it a 10 and I stand by it. It was a perfect send off for the series.

I wouldn’t lose sleep over ratings, Fullmetal Alchemist fans were so upset that the final season of Fruits Basket got a higher rating than their beloved Brotherhood so they downvoted Fruits Basket in troves, so Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood can stay as #1 on this website.

Usually it’s helpful to look at the ratings to see if it’s any good, but don’t fall in the trap of which one is better. Or how high it is on the meaningless made up “chart performance” like it’s a sporting season or music release. Relax.
Jan 16, 2022 11:31 AM

Jun 2021
razorblood801 said:
I am one of the cool kids that saw the Violet Evergarden Movie in the movie theatre, it really tugged on my heart strings. I gave it a 10 and I stand by it. It was a perfect send off for the series.

I wouldn’t lose sleep over ratings, Fullmetal Alchemist fans were so upset that the final season of Fruits Basket got a higher rating than their beloved Brotherhood so they downvoted Fruits Basket in troves, so Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood can stay as #1 on this website.

Usually it’s helpful to look at the ratings to see if it’s any good, but don’t fall in the trap of which one is better. Or how high it is on the meaningless made up “chart performance” like it’s a sporting season or music release. Relax.

Sure fruits baskets is a classic shojo, you can say what you want to fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, but there’s no way it’s better than gintama

Jan 16, 2022 1:12 PM
Sep 2010
SobaaMaskk said:
razorblood801 said:

Sure fruits baskets is a classic shojo, you can say what you want to fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, but there’s no way it’s better than gintama

The three of them can all be classics in their own rights.

I think part of the reason why people went a little weird is because the MyAnimeList Facebook page made a big deal about it.

Man, I need to watch Gintama one of these days, I just keep putting it off.
Jan 16, 2022 11:22 PM

May 2020
when a show has a higher score than another show it tends to mean its better

isnt that kinda obvious? do u not know how this site works
Feb 17, 2022 2:20 PM

Oct 2017
Because the pacing / story is way better?

As someone who read A Silent Voice manga AFTER watching the movie, I think the movie is pretty bad.

Trying to squish 100+ chapters of manga into 2 hours is never a smart decision.

If Kyo Anime redo this and make it a 26 episode series it'd have been masterpiece but nope, gotta be a movie with rushed plot/ cut character development.

A Silent Voice doesn't feel like a movie, it feels like a 6 episodes short series with all over the place plot cuz they skip/ jumped through a lot of plot / development/ character buildup.
Violet Evergarden movie feels like a complete package with great resolution and payoff.
Ventus_SFeb 17, 2022 2:25 PM
Feb 19, 2022 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
Stop caring about ratings it’s not good for your mental health. An anime having a higher rating than your favorite anime doesn’t mean it’s objectively better. Besides MAL ratings are a joke so don’t take it too seriously.
-Kugeki-Feb 19, 2022 11:13 AM
Feb 22, 2022 10:18 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aku_mado - Sep 18, 2020

321 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 22, 4:28 PM

» Romance between gilbert and violet ( 1 2 )

NaCreamy - May 7, 2021

70 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:53 AM

» The ending is horrible in my opinion ( 1 2 3 )

HeSaidArise - Sep 3, 2023

104 by EntireInternet »»
Mar 24, 2:33 PM

» Usagi Drop similarities (spoiler)

RealNath - Jan 26

14 by veroubri »»
Jan 27, 5:36 AM

» Should I watch the movie or TV show first?

Damon_dinh - Aug 9, 2023

29 by Ronaldthompson »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.