Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2022 10:19 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode started a new arc, called "Woman", and it's well named since there are TONS of women in this episode. Granted, many of them are likely identical costumes similar to what Lupin did in the first season episode 19, where he handed out a bunch of Lupin costumes to people, which makes this method old school, which is what Lupin said he was going for in this current heist, so it's neat to see that he was outdone in that regard.

But besides for those identical women, there are more than a handful of "random" women who pop up throughout the episode who may very well be part of the overall plot. The red headed women turns out likely isn't Lupin's mother, who we find out is named Tomoe, who was also a master thief, which makes sense, considering she is part of the Lupin family.

I also really like the new girl of the arc, Mattea. She is very sweet, though a little suspicious, so she might very well be working for whoever that red headed women is who knows Lupin's mother.

All in all, every part of this episode was fantastic, from the in depth look to how Lupin set up the heist, to the mystery of the "women", and the even more tantalizing mystery of how Lupin's mother will play into the overall narrative. Hopefully the story doesn't disappoint.

The new ED, Bitter Rain by Sakura Fujiwara is a sharp contrast from the previous ED, and I think I might like this one a bit more, though it will need a few more listens for me to be sure. The full song comes out in a couple of weeks, so I highly anticipate that. The song is a lot more somber than the majority of Yuji Ohno's songs, and it might be the most somber song in the Lupin franchise. It fits so well with the visuals too.

I really love the premise so far, and if it keeps up the quality, it could easily be better than the previous storyline with Sherlock (who did in fact have a cameo in the newspaper).
anime-primeJan 12, 2022 5:31 AM
Jan 8, 2022 11:17 AM
Apr 2021
Now that is what a Lupin III fan deserves.Interesting episode and a director who keeps the main characters' personality!One little thing:Zeni is still more like a Koike Lupin Zeni than the one what Naya Goro's created with his voice but take it easy.I still love him.It totally felt better than the original first episode.
Jan 8, 2022 12:39 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the second half of Part 6 takes place in NYC where Lupin and his gang try to steal a gem that was once taken from the vault of Aresne Lupin. To do this he had to create these micro bug drones that were placed on the set of flowers Mattea pick for him. Before he could make his move an all female group of thieves that looked identical crashed the auction and they were well equipped. Turns out that the one person who was able to break into his grandfather's vault was his mother. It seems like another figure from Lupin's past has come to haunt him. They even recreate that famous Lupin dodging bullets scene from previous series.
Jan 8, 2022 2:13 PM

May 2015
This might have been my favorite Part 6 episode so far, it was due to many factors but this one really felt like Lupin III to me. I also had great expectations for the previous storyline so I hope at least this one doesn't disappoint me.
Now, addressing some things brought up in the discussion: Mattea also seemed really suspicious to me in the beginning so I'll keep that in the back of my mind; I really liked the new ED as well, there's nothing wrong with the previous ED but this one hit the spot for me.
I hope the one-off episodes keep revolving around women in order to stay within the theme of this arc.
Jan 8, 2022 6:39 PM
Jan 2018
Lupin is killing again, saving lives and getting back to the basics. This whole episode was Lupin to a T, gags and darkness walking hand in hand. Without having to play by Conan Doyle rules, Lupin is free to tell any story it wants. I will wait with bated breath till next week to see what happens.
Jan 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Aug 2016
Nice new arc about Lupin's past.

Changes to the transition sets:-
-OP's red colour scheme in first and last scenes changed to green -> hints on being the opposite of the first half of this season?
- New transition cards still with a cool Lupin and an angry Zeni; and
- New ED with s4 ED vibes, titled "Bitter Rain" which seems quite a contrary to ED1 titled "Milk Tea".

Possibly hints a turn to the atmosphere to first half of this part 6?
一期一会
Jan 8, 2022 7:10 PM

Dec 2017
This is your classic Lupin episode, no frills, just the gang and a heist with the twist in the end. Way better than the previous storyline for sure.
Jan 8, 2022 8:56 PM

Mar 2019
Really liked this episode. Plenty of nice action during the chase and the robbery attempt. Also liked watching the scenes of Lupin preparing for the heist. Good start to this arc.
Jan 9, 2022 10:37 AM

Jun 2019
Loved it. Felt like Lupin for sure.
Jan 12, 2022 5:55 PM

Feb 2021
More people should watch this. As my first Lupin experience this has been an amazing ride.
Jan 15, 2022 1:32 PM
Apr 2015
anime-prime said:
This episode started a new arc, called "Woman", and it's well named since there are TONS of women in this episode. Granted, many of them are likely identical costumes similar to what Lupin did in the first season episode 19, where he handed out a bunch of Lupin costumes to people, which makes this method old school, which is what Lupin said he was going for in this current heist, so it's neat to see that he was outdone in that regard.

But besides for those identical women, there are more than a handful of "random" women who pop up throughout the episode who may very well be part of the overall plot. The red headed women turns out likely isn't Lupin's mother, who we find out is named Tomoe, who was also a master thief, which makes sense, considering she is part of the Lupin family.

I also really like the new girl of the arc, Mattea. She is very sweet, though a little suspicious, so she might very well be working for whoever that red headed women is who knows Lupin's mother.

All in all, every part of this episode was fantastic, from the in depth look to how Lupin set up the heist, to the mystery of the "women", and the even more tantalizing mystery of how Lupin's mother will play into the overall narrative. Hopefully the story doesn't disappoint.

The new ED, Bitter Rain by Sakura Fujiwara is a sharp contrast from the previous ED, and I think I might like this one a bit more, though it will need a few more listens for me to be sure. The full song comes out in a couple of weeks, so I highly anticipate that. The song is a lot more somber than the majority of Yuji Ohno's songs, and it might be the most somber song in the Lupin franchise. It fits so well with the visuals too.

I really love the premise so far, and if it keeps up the quality, it could easily be better than the previous storyline with Sherlock (who did in fact have a cameo in the newspaper).

Ai Rohan is also part of the Lupin family. It would have been funny and cool to see her in this series.

By the way, I think Jigen looks better in a nightcap than Lupin does.

And I think this series seems to being going for an 8 1/2 theme.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 16, 2022 5:11 AM
Feb 11, 2022 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Lupin running @ 18:24 looked like a reference to the opening of the first series.

And his mom, for real?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2022 7:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The bug drones were really an amazing idea xD though Lupin's mother now, wow
Jul 7, 2022 6:49 AM

Feb 2012
I also thought this was one of the best episodes of the season so far. A classic Lupin heist, a good balance of humour and action, and most importantly the characters were themselves again.

When an arc is all about some new organisation, it's a difficult balance trying to create a credible threat while the main quintet is such a mixture that it's could easily push the story into ridiculousness. Many writers have solved this by ignoring some of the regulars almost completely, but here we at least have a promise that everyone will be involved.
Jul 23, 2022 10:28 PM

Mar 2014
Finally some lorebuilding for Lupin the Third. His MOTHER stole from them?!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 10 Discussion

anime-prime - Dec 18, 2021

36 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 2, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 2 Discussion

anizawa89 - Oct 23, 2021

27 by Shadowmon »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Oct 16, 2021

36 by AnneKoen »»
Oct 2, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 4 Discussion

zamandzoe - Nov 6, 2021

33 by Daviljoe193 »»
Mar 11, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 6 Episode 24 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 26, 2022

23 by Mormegil »»
Nov 11, 2022 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.