Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 7, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Really cute episode. They showed a lot of chemistry between two of the main leads, Hiyori and Koharu. Speaking of which, Hiyori seems to be a likeable character with her friendly personality.

There's also some light fishing content, which I find cute with the way it was handled. But yeah, I just find this episode very cute.

Jul 2017
This is yet another Manga Time Kirara CGDCT adaptation, about fishing. Loved last year's Houkago Teibou Nisshi, so I came into this...and didn't feel disappointed at all, Just slightly for the relaxing.

Hiyori Minagi is partially established in fishing just like a family trait, and this weird, strange girl whom just moved into town and trying to dive in the cold sea in March...Koharu Yamakawa is quite the oddball. She's quite the energetic girl whom once had asthma and never had an experience of the outside world since she's stuck in the hospital all her young life, so getting to learn about fishing from Hiyori and already trying out for herself...maybe you need more base practice, more than using baseball techniques to cast a fishing rod.

The scuff of a re-marriage for Hiyori's mom Hinata to Koharu's dad Issei (since her biological dad passed away 3 years ago due to the "popular disease" that is cancer), the coincidence that they're certainly sisters now in the newly established Minagi family, with older sister Koharu using the room where her dad once lived in. Hiyori can fish, and Koharu can cook, so it's a perfect trade-off.

Hmm, getting Yuri vibes from the get-go, I hope it doesn't go to that extent though.

Might as well call the special oneshot adapted being Chapter 1, because it serves as a good entry point. Regardless, this is newbie mangaka Maiko Uchino's work, and a rather good start.
KANLen09Jan 7, 2022 6:29 AM

Jun 2019
One of the cute shows for this season. The characters are so adorable. Never done fishing myself but seeing them do it genuinely made me try at least once in my life. That rockfish sashimi looked great as well. Food, in general, looked great. But, what a coincidence, their parents are seeing each other.

Koharu is so cute. > < and so is Hiyori. Well, it's nice to see how the characters engage with each other and how their personalities are. So far, it's one of those Moe blobs shows with fishing elements mixed into it. A good and cute start IMO.
Jan 7, 2022 5:56 AM

Feb 2020
That was so adorable. This is probably going to be the cutest anime of the year.

I already liked Houkago Teibou Nisshi a lot, so it's very nice to get another CGDCT about fishing.

Great start! ^^
Jan 7, 2022 6:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cute start, this is a bit like Houkago Teibou Nisshi x Yuru Camp for the characters, though I was surprised that they ended up being step sisters, it's sad for the main girl's deceased father and how she's having a hard time seeing her daily life changed with the arrival of her new family but sure that the two girls will have some good fishing time together
Jan 7, 2022 6:35 AM

Apr 2016
Well that was ... sad and very cute at the same time.

Another one of those cute girl doing not so cute things that we find to be very cute things atually shows. I mean, not that i was expecting anything else from it.

This aight.
Jan 7, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
The first episode reminded me of Yuru Camp's first episode with Rin and Nadeshiko first met but with sashimi instead of curry cup ramen.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 7, 2022 7:06 AM

Jun 2021
Thank God Kirara is back on the menu.

Episode 1 was very good. I was curious to see how this studio and the VAs would turn out ,but so far, it looked/sounded excellent. Assuming they don't decide to do some anime original shenanigans, this will be a fun ride for the rest of the season.
Jan 7, 2022 7:08 AM

Aug 2021
That was very very cute :3
also leaned some new things about fishing...It felt sad when she went to beach while not being able to talk to her new father :(
Jan 7, 2022 7:22 AM

Nov 2013
wow i was expecting to dislike this, just like the other fishing anime from last year but... holy fuck, i laughed so much at some parts, like when Hiyori "fished" Koharu or the "british imagination" that i just have to continue watching :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 7, 2022 7:24 AM

Apr 2018
Well, turns out this anime is very cute. Hiyori and Koharu are both adorable. The character design is quite nice and seems like this will be a fishing anime. The food looked great though so I guess we can expect some nice production quality on top of an adorable anime.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2021
This was so good lol. We got the cute comfy anime of this season. Very cute episode. We can basically call this anime, "Cute girls doing cute things" lmao.

Both our main leads are seriously adorable lol, I'm getting must protecc vibes already. Both of them are really talented and skilled too, at the age of just 15/16 Hiyori is already really good at fishing and Koharu is a really good chef.

Also I got like ten wallpapers from this episode alone lol, I will include some below :D

There were many cute and funny moments I really enjoyed this episode, I was smiling throughout the duration of the episode.

Is it just me or am I getting Yuri vibes from this, Hiyori is blushing a little too much while interacting with Koharu lol. I mean I know they are step-siblings now but still lmao don't judge me.

Koharu's dad and Hiyori's mom seem like good and kind people.

Really interesting, fun and cute episode overall. The world set up was good, we have met with the main characters and the reason for their meeting, initial set up is done in first episode itself, I liked it.

I know we shouldn't judge an anime based on just first episode but being a hardcore SoL fan I can't help but rate it 10/10 already lol I loved it. This had most of the things I look for in a SoL anime, cute girls check, cute and comfy atmosphere check, light hearted comedy check, cute chibi faces whenever required check, calming and nice OST check.

Really looking forward to next episode.
TsutanaiFuunJan 7, 2022 7:34 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 7, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2010
This is what i needed after a busy week.
Nice and relaxing and the characters where fun to watch, i am already looking forward to next week.
Koharu seems to be living a bit in here own world with her behaviour but it does seem like she cares about others.
Hiyori is just shy and needs to come out of her shell.
Jan 7, 2022 8:03 AM

Jul 2017
Don't love the typical CGDCT artstyle that much here but the episode itself wasn't that bad. Didn't really ooze personality like Yuru Camp and felt more basic in general with the fishing theme used for this series, but not too shabby compared to the other premieres I've seen so far this season. I'll see how the next few episodes are before I can properly judge my feelings for this series cause I'm kind of indifferent so far. Hope it's not as mediocre and insipid as 'Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater'.
Jan 7, 2022 8:04 AM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:
This is yet another Manga Time Kirara CGDCT adaptation, about fishing. Loved last year's Houkago Teibou Nisshi, so I came into this...and didn't feel disappointed at all, Just slightly for the relaxing.

Hiyori Minagi is partially established in fishing just like a family trait, and this weird, strange girl whom just moved into town and trying to dive in the cold sea in March...Koharu Yamakawa is quite the oddball. She's quite the energetic girl whom once had asthma and never had an experience of the outside world since she's stuck in the hospital all her young life, so getting to learn about fishing from Hiyori and already trying out for herself...maybe you need more base practice, more than using baseball techniques to cast a fishing rod.

The scuff of a re-marriage for Hiyori's mom Hinata to Koharu's dad Issei (since her biological dad passed away 3 years ago due to the "popular disease" that is cancer), the coincidence that they're certainly sisters now in the newly established Minagi family, with older sister Koharu using the room where her dad once lived in. Hiyori can fish, and Koharu can cook, so it's a perfect trade-off.

Hmm, getting Yuri vibes from the get-go, I hope it doesn't go to that extent though.

Might as well call the special oneshot adapted being Chapter 1, because it serves as a good entry point. Regardless, this is newbie mangaka Maiko Uchino's work, and a rather good start.

Thats right.... if you like houkago teibou nisshi...... i recommend to watch slow loop
Jan 7, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2018
This was a very by the numbers first episode. Like it is just Yuru Camp episode 1 but with worse backgrounds, a very dumbed down plot about a dead dad and more typical anime cliches.

Also please stop trying to be "anime" by having the two sisters have romantic tension, it is just weird
Jan 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2020
Hokago Teibou Nisshi+super cute girls, I love it!
Very good first episode, Koharu and Hiyori are so adorable~
Ohhh I can't wait for next week!!
Jan 7, 2022 8:36 AM

Nov 2017
I suppose this will be this season's chill slice of life anime. I wasn't expecting to learn some stuff about fishing (not that I'll ever do it lol), but I can dig it!
Jan 7, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2020
Very wholesome episode and i like the character design.

Hitori seems to be very nice and kindly person.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 7, 2022 8:41 AM

Nov 2016
I'm a sucker for CGDCT. You can rarely go wrong with them, especially not when there's an adorable klutz like Koharu. Hiyori as an contrast works too and I'm digging their relationship already. Lovely start.
FMmatronJan 7, 2022 8:44 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2022 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
The only thing I appreciate is the fishing and art style and disagree with every other thing.
Jan 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Here we go again with yet another CGDCT and this had a nice premiere. Liked both of the protags, the contrast in their personalities made their interactions quite amusing. The fishing parts were quite enjoyable even without much fishing involved and more info related to fishing, fishes and cooking. Thou this episode had some gloomy moments too which makes sense given their circumstances but since it's a CGDCT I hope the atmosphere will stay cheerful most of the time. Liked the first episode, hopefully this'll be a fun watch.
MegamiRemJan 12, 2022 10:53 PM
Jan 7, 2022 8:52 AM

Sep 2019
LMAOOO they really went with the domekano route.

CGDCTs are the happiness of life. I really liked the first episode, the girls were very cute. Their first interaction was great too. I didn’t expect a ass and boob shot right at the start but I’m not complaining. They look so cute together. A good yuri material.
Jan 7, 2022 8:57 AM

Jun 2020
This is a really cute first Episode, at first it reminded me of yuru camp by the first 5 min of the first episode and this actually looks like it will become a really good anime.
Jan 7, 2022 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
I remember reading this a while ago it feels like now, and enjoyed it. To which it surprised me that it got an anime adaptation, but it's honestly sweet and comfy kind. I do hope many can enjoy this as I did. Do love the art style, and the voices so far fit perfectly.
Jan 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Apr 2020
After a year of waiting, I finally got to see Slow Loop as an anime. And so far, so good, this anime is in good hands by Connect. I'm glad that the art stood up to my expectations, and the VA's are alright. The one voicing Hiyori is actually a rookie, which is nice.

Now people are going to joke about the DomeKano similarity, where Hiyori and Koharu meet up as strangers and ended up going home as stepsisters. And yes, they're not going "that" way (I hope not). Aside from that, this anime is also just as similar with Yuru Camp with the character's dynamics, but that's not all. This anime is mostly close with Houkagou Teibou Nisshi, which is also an anime set nearby the ocean. And if it's not obvious enough, we'll be taught about fishing, so it's just like HTN.

With that and all, I appreciate that Slow Loop will be my weekly dose of stress reliever, because trust me, me and you need these kinds of anime every so often. And if you're led to believe that I've read the manga of this series, you'll be wrong, I'm just happy that I get to watch this. Let's go all the way!

Jan 7, 2022 9:18 AM
Sep 2019
Such a great start to the series, some really beautiful frames, and a good setup for a SOL journey, excited
Jan 7, 2022 9:27 AM

May 2020
Not like I was planning to but since I watched, it was fun having that crazy coincidence lol. Have seen that same thing somewhere else too but anyways loved watching both Hiyori and Koharu doing their fishing stuffs. So I hope it grows up on me.
Softhenic03Jan 7, 2022 9:31 AM
Jan 7, 2022 9:39 AM
Feb 2021
What a cute episode.
Jan 7, 2022 9:42 AM
May 2021
Cute art style and cute characters- I'm expecting some Yuru Camp-level wholesomeness from this anime to hold me over until the new YC movie comes out!
Jan 7, 2022 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
This was really sweet!
Jan 7, 2022 10:09 AM
Apr 2021
Man this one is super cute and super wholesome that my cheeks got red 😍😍😍 if a depressed person sees this episode he will get cured in no time
Jan 7, 2022 10:14 AM

Sep 2018
Very cute and lovely.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 7, 2022 10:25 AM

Sep 2018
My favorite moe show begins: narratively, it's sweet enough to get diabetes almost immediately. It is not like the anime "Houkago Teibou Nisshi" and this is good because it protects it from undue comparison and makes the vision free from prejudice. I like the character design, the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing, the quality of the drawings is good and the characters are nice. I hope this anime can only get better until it's done.
Terrablu2018Jan 7, 2022 10:33 AM
Jan 7, 2022 10:29 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Now this was cute and wholesome. I have a feeling though that there will be a drama episode somewhere. Like new sis accidentally breaks dead daddys fishing rod and a fight arrives. But whenever that happens, happens.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 7, 2022 10:30 AM

Dec 2008
Cutting the fish looked so clean.
Girls should not to be forced to wear a necktie. Ribbon looked much better :).

Jan 7, 2022 10:39 AM
Oct 2010
Wholesome, heartwarming, relaxing, soothing.... haaaah, just the thing for a cold winter's day.
Jan 7, 2022 11:00 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I loved this first episode so much! The coincedence of Hiyori's new sister being Koharu who she just fished with a bit ago was funny and great xD.
Koharu's British Gentleman's throw was very funny too and she's interested in fishing.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 7, 2022 11:08 AM

Apr 2020
Really good start so far, and the animation is surprisingly really good for these type of anime, I was expecting it to be not very good to be honest but I guess I was wrong. I also like the ending too, really sweet. Looking forward to episode 2.
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 7, 2022 11:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hiyori isn't much of a people person huh. But i guess its an effective method when dealing with strangers. I guess Koharu wanted to sample the local terrain before formally moving in. Eating something that you caught yourself though is the best feeling ever. Still to think that the person that Hiyori's mother's remarrying is actually Koharu's dad small world indeed. Though the sudden changes in family can be tricky for a kid to deal with having Koharu as a new sister was a god send for Hiyori. Koharu trying to summarize England through some of its most well known aspects was amusing as were the recipe's. Overall a pretty fun opening ep that while doing well in showcasing the fishing aspect of the narrative also did well to introduce the family aspect as well through Hiyori and Koharu's new bond. Looking forward to seeing how this series goes as i found this ep to be pretty enjoyable and calming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2022 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
I like it already, I found the first episode pretty cute and funny.
Jan 7, 2022 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty good, who can say no to a character like Koharu, kinda wish it were 13m but not like the full run felt like it dragged on.
Jan 7, 2022 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
Awful. The sloppy, cheap-o art is kinda endearing, but couldn't get past the halfway mark. "what a coincidence!" Dropped. The other cute girl fishing anime actually knew how to make the activity not seem tedious. (As an aside I wish this moe edutainment stuff would die already, I don't need a lesson,)
syncrogazerJan 7, 2022 12:33 PM
Jan 7, 2022 12:29 PM
Apr 2021
A really good first episode.

I like it!
Jan 7, 2022 12:37 PM

Sep 2020
Really great episode, very cute and interesting, can't wait for the op and the ed.
A bit like Yuru camp but it is about fishing.
Jan 7, 2022 1:00 PM

Nov 2019
Its fun watching Koharu attempt to fish, even trying to be British in order to do so haha

Their relationship is nice to watch, can't wait to see them grow more and more closer as sisters
Jan 7, 2022 1:18 PM

Jul 2020
Great first episode, I'm getting some major Super Cub vibes from this! The visuals are really good, and I can't wait to see more of this.

My only disappointment is that we haven't gotten to see the opening yet.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jan 7, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2017
I had no intention of watching this. But i a glad I did, it was actually good.
Jan 7, 2022 1:29 PM

Jul 2011
This one is a good fishing for being just feel good, not like Houkago Teibou Nisshi that have some nasty character that spoil the good felling.

Well may be too soon but, lets watch till the end.
Jan 7, 2022 1:43 PM
May 2018
A new CGDCT anime but with a bit of character development and imo more chemistry between the characters, loved what I saw from the manga and I love how well received the first episode was! By the end of the season personally, I think this might become my favorite “SoL” story.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Mar 25

6 by yukiyamayui »»
Mar 28, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

59 by skatensleep »»
Dec 13, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2022

37 by skatensleep »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2022

44 by skatensleep »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:51 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

42 by skatensleep »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.