Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 6, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
This episode looks like something out of a play with the emotions, art style, and themes. However, I will say that the battle really took a toll on everyone involved.

Really feels like everyone has something at stake, even the public although it seems not everyone is taking it seriously. Strange episode imo with that cliffhanger.
Jan 6, 2022 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverJan 6, 2022 2:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 6, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2020
Poliman came out to be atleast 10 times more messed up than we were shown till now and wait that isn't a perfect sibling relationship by any means, I mean something this extreme isn't surprising in this series but still atleast for once have them think like a normal person does.

Also this whole thing between Mirai and Poliman, just wrap it up already.
Jan 6, 2022 10:51 AM
Jul 2021
Great episode ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Jan 6, 2022 1:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It clearly didn't improve since the previous episode, Metropoliman's backstory with his little sister and how she died was ridiculous, especially how he kept the corpse but then wanted to suicide xD now he wants to kill every poor and ugly people AHAHAHAH it sounds like a parody to be honest... well according to Mirai it could be a fake Metropoliman, I don't know what will happen but seems like that annoying masked kid will have an important role
Jan 6, 2022 1:42 PM

Jan 2019
This was the worst and the most revolting sh*t I have ever seen in my entire life in any kind of media. The words aren't enough to express how bad and putrid this pile of dung actually is.
And they said Mirai Nikki was like this...in comparison, Mirai Nikki looks like pure gold bars.
I just can't...
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jan 6, 2022 2:09 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Kakehashi retains his title of the stupidest character.

However, it seems that Poliman has outed himself as the biggest fool.
Jan 6, 2022 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
Half of the angels is more about the craziest person that they can find, than suicide itself.

All this episode because some decide to put a tower in the middle of the garden and not installing any hand railing.

Well now we know how things will go after Metropoliman death(?), with some "great" Death Note like police.
Jan 6, 2022 3:07 PM

Jan 2021
We got Metropoliman’s backstory to why and how he ended up being chosen to become a god candidate and his goals and ambitions if he did become god
Jan 6, 2022 3:29 PM
Oct 2016
This episode offered up a very grandstanding showcase for Metropoliman. The psycho got to explain his whole spiel about what his vision for the world as god would be. Which lined up with how his though process has been the whole show. A truly vile human being who's almost lesser than even that. Wanting to kill all the poor and ugly people as a means of making the world more equal, but really only for rich pretty people like Metropoliman. His backstory with the sister was super unsettling, speaking about how perfect and pure she was and how her wanting to date a boy would've corrupted and dirtied her purity. Basically letting her die after she fell off that spot and hit her head just to maintain that beauty and purity. Leading to him realizing how awful that was and losing all hope for the angel to appear.

Mirai rules for their dual were actually pretty smart. Just keep shooting arrows at each other until one can't defect or block it anymore. Keep going until someone folds basically. Mirai seems to have gained some resolve and it holding firm after hearing Metropoliman spew out his bullshit god plans. Time to see how this arc raps up next episode!
Jan 6, 2022 3:30 PM
Oct 2016
Emillian said:
This was the worst and the most revolting sh*t I have ever seen in my entire life in any kind of media. The words aren't enough to express how bad and putrid this pile of dung actually is.
And they said Mirai Nikki was like this...in comparison, Mirai Nikki looks like pure gold bars.
I just can't...

Then why are you still here watching bozo? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Jan 6, 2022 3:31 PM

Jul 2017
felt like I was watching a sports shounen with how much they were prolonging this fight lmao

also for someone who talks a lot of smack about cockroaches and shit mirai really wants to fight on fair terms with siscon-kun huh?

lol @ this progression
Jan 6, 2022 3:35 PM

Jan 2019
Dukino said:
Emillian said:
I just can't...

I wanted to see how low can something like this sink. This is beyond Mariana Trench level. Is something in its own league. A new golden standard of putrid and rotten. God help us.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jan 6, 2022 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
Emillian said:
Dukino said:

I wanted to see how low can something like this sink. This is beyond Mariana Trench level. Is something in its own league. A new golden standard of putrid and rotten. God help us.

You should watch shows you actually enjoy.
Personally I'm really enjoying this so no clue what you're all on.
Jan 6, 2022 3:47 PM

Jan 2019
Shidoteki said:
Emillian said:

You should watch shows you actually enjoy.
Personally I'm really enjoying this so no clue what you're all on.

no

(character minimum limit, character minimum limit)
Jan 6, 2022 3:50 PM
Sep 2021
Kanade sounds like he wants to fuck his sister. This anime is hilarious. Still better than takt op destiny
Jan 6, 2022 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
This anime sometimes becomes shameful.
Metropoliman's motivations are very strangely weak, clearly the guy has a fetish for that his sister, he literally is crazy.
It was an uninteresting episode as usual.
Jan 6, 2022 4:32 PM
Dec 2021
So that dude basically is just a siscon
Jan 6, 2022 4:50 PM
Jun 2021
Emillian said:
I just can't...

Not anybody can understand it anyway, why don't u give it a 1 rating and drop it, u should it's beyond you.
Jan 6, 2022 4:52 PM

Jan 2019
Yashondowski said:
Emillian said:
I just can't...

Not anybody can understand it anyway, why don't u give it a 1 rating and drop it, u should it's beyond you.

I really hope ur ironical now. If not then I'm honestly extremely sorry for you
Jan 6, 2022 4:52 PM
Jun 2021
Yuuki_Otakuu said:
Metropoliman's motivations are very strangely weak, clearly the guy has a fetish for that his sister, he literally is crazy.

A siscon wants to reunite with his sis, and u call it weak motivation
Jan 6, 2022 4:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

I feel like i am watching hentai when seeing this frame.
Her sister death actually a better end for those poor possum. Look at how stupidly possessive her brother was. No wonder her death coming up from such a stupid way. Smh.

Oh well, i already know Metropoliman had something wrong on his head. But damn, never thought its way that extreme. Plus point, i'd say. Idk whats the real up with that masked kid mind, but that's good he spread all the drunken talks comin up from Metropoliman-sama.

Also, they have done a great job to staling this episode into the climax. Suspense beyond the sky. Yeah. Wonder if Mirai actually pulling some matrix move to avoid Poliman's arrow, or there's some other things coming up under his sleeve. Lets see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 6, 2022 5:46 PM
Mar 2021
Idk man, I keep trying to stick it out with this show but the over-righteously stupid and cringy MC and now the nonsensical back story and goal of the main villain are killing me lol. I'll keep watching bc i like the concept and the suspense but bruh, these characters are ass
Jan 6, 2022 6:04 PM
May 2020
Bro weve been stuck for a few episodes in the same scenario. An episode ends and it feels like not much happens and the story doesnt develop ๐Ÿง‍โ™€๏ธ.

At least in this episode we got Poliman's backstory but we are already half on the series and its getting so boring, imo its too slow. The "fight" scenes are most of the time them just talking and in the end thats all that happens in one episode, and its not like their convos are mindblowing or anything.
Jan 6, 2022 7:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Heck yeah baby let's gooooo the best anime ever platinum end is back and it's so good like wtf

I wish metropoliman would just stop standing there delivering endless monologues, and just proceed to fuck everybody up

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 6, 2022 7:26 PM
Dec 2015
Silent_Base said:
Idk man, I keep trying to stick it out with this show but the over-righteously stupid and cringy MC and now the nonsensical back story and goal of the main villain are killing me lol. I'll keep watching bc i like the concept and the suspense but bruh, these characters are ass

I agree, the concept is dope but the characters are so meh
Jan 6, 2022 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
I dropped this.. then undropped it cuz nothing was airing

but god damn kakehashi is a shit tier, low class garbo MC.

0/10

Jan 6, 2022 7:40 PM

Oct 2016
That backstory lmao. The man is down astronomical for his sister. Just kill Mukaido already, so he don't have to watch this bullshit anymore, spare our boy.
Jan 6, 2022 7:44 PM

Aug 2020
bruh this anime is turning mid so fucking quick. Another episode went for talk no jutsu. I expected more from the death note author.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 6, 2022 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
Hmm...Metropoliman doing things Mirai's way? It's clear that within this 1-on-1 "nice and fair" battle, he has ulterior plans and waits for opportune time to act.

Kanade's backstory though, what a siscon he is to his own sister Rea, in spite of living the rich man's life. An extremist's POV of someone who prefers everything pure and untainted, it's cringe in the most unsettling way of why he is in this race to become God and revive his 14-year-old sister due to his possessive behaviour leading to her death. Metropoliman HAS ISSUES!

Basically put, Metropoliman is trying to be like Light Yagami, but on an even higher pedestal of breaking through logic and reason so much that anything but everything is reasonable. Dragging this fight using Talk no Jutsu is just scraping the bulk of the eventual result, which Tsugumi Ohba knows too well to lengthen every excruciating fight of the One becoming God...it's becoming more of a spectacle of enjoyment.

Now it ain't a battle of wits...it's a battle of philosophy.
Jan 6, 2022 8:03 PM

Jan 2013
spoil rich kid with unhealthy relationship with little sister…what a predictable yet eye-rolling backstory

also that fall on the concrete to the back of the head shoulda been an insta-kill…at least it looked like it before they cant help themselves and gave her final words. so stupid

Edit: omg MC’s stupidity has increased 99% at the end there
dannymilkJan 6, 2022 8:33 PM
Jan 6, 2022 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
Tell me you want to preserve the family blood lineage via banging your perfect imouto without telling me you want to preserve the family blood lineage via banging your perfect imouto.
Like seriously, I'm pretty sure Rea realized what was gonna be the deal with her bro if she stayed alive and just decided to "switch herself off" like nope.
Jan 6, 2022 9:16 PM

Feb 2016
BlichoBoy said:
All this episode because some decide to put a tower in the middle of the garden and not installing any hand railing.

dannymilk said:
also that fall on the concrete to the back of the head shoulda been an insta-kill…at least it looked like it before they cant help themselves and gave her final words. so stupid

The point is that it's the brother's fault she died. He could have called an ambulance to save her, but he chose not to.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jan 6, 2022 10:53 PM
Jun 2021
this show makes me hate the word happy lol
we get it, everyone wants to be happy
Jan 6, 2022 11:03 PM

Nov 2020
I really just watched two guys talk to each other for 20 minutes.
Jan 6, 2022 11:14 PM

Oct 2021
Lmao they spent like 3-4 episodes in that park. I want to see how they will adapt next arc in 10 episodes. (seems like it will be super rushed which is good cuz pacing right now seems to be slow)
Jan 6, 2022 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
this is what i HATE most! friggin' cliffhanger!
at least we get to see Kanade's ideals!
3/5.

Jan 6, 2022 11:46 PM
Jun 2015
The way his sister died lmaooooo. Good god I cant get enough of this shit anime and its dumb MC.
Jan 7, 2022 1:05 AM

Jan 2018
Metropoliman is re[DACTED]. Dumbest "Lord God" speech I ever heard. Is this really written by the author of Death Note? WTF
Jan 7, 2022 2:00 AM

Mar 2021
They are just stalling with every episode, did we really need 24 episodes ?

Mirai says everyone deserves happiness but he doesn't even care about other people's happiness.. Stupid Mirai, just listen Mukaidou for once!! I'm afraid that Mukaidou is going to do die because Mirai is going to do something very stupid as always..

And they literally add another anime trope I hate with every episode. This episode they added ''Over protective/obsessive big brother over little sister'' trope. I cringed so bad.

Metropoliman's friend seems to be an important character. I already trust him more than I trust Mirai.

And lastly Metropoliman is able to distract himself and explain his plans at length because he knows that useless Mirai can't "cheat" and shoot him. Metropoliman says s*it things like ''You can lick my boots'' to Saki and Saki is just like '':O'' Dudeeee!! say something!!

I hope they make a great plot twist and can surprise me.
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Jan 7, 2022 4:55 AM
Jun 2021
Emillian said:
I just can't...

Well I won't defend this trash but in this episode, they mainly focused on showing how f*cked up mentality Kanade had, so that makes sense that yeah he is not an antagonist or anti-hero, he is a total villain, so atleast this was still fine but once a trash forever a trash
Jan 7, 2022 4:59 AM

Jan 2019
shash_king18 said:
Emillian said:
I just can't...

Well I won't defend this trash but in this episode, they mainly focused on showing how f*cked up mentality Kanade had, so that makes sense that yeah he is not an antagonist or anti-hero, he is a total villain, so atleast this was still fine but once a trash forever a trash

This show is so goddamn tone-deaf with everything it portrays is absolutely insane. The fact that was so much moral cringe in this episode standalone makes it the absolute worst by now by a large margin (that's what I continuously say myself by the last 4 episodes but yet I can't comprehend how this is getting so much and much worse. beats me)
Jan 7, 2022 5:00 AM
Jun 2021
Yuuki_Otakuu said:

Well his motivations weren't the main focus, the main aim of this episode was to show his f* up mentality as a human, in this episode he has been totally revealed as a villain rather than anti hero
Jan 7, 2022 5:05 AM
Jun 2021
Emillian said:
shash_king18 said:

This show is so goddamn tone-deaf with everything it portrays is absolutely insane. The fact that was so much moral cringe in this episode standalone makes it the absolute worst by now by a large margin (that's what I continuously say myself by the last 4 episodes but yet I can't comprehend how this is getting so much and much worse. beats me)

That's the thing I am telling, it wasn't about the moral values in this episode, it was about Kanade's shallow and weak resolution and his mentality how he became a villain, if we think deeply then it also shows how some rich society think about few poor sections of the society, so yeah it wasn't totally illogical in this episode, still a 6/10 anime for me as of now because atleast they explained what Kanade actually wanted and his villainous approach
Jan 7, 2022 5:12 AM

Jul 2021
Damn now this was an intense episode.

We finally see the full story of why Metropoliman wanted to die. At first I was sympathizing with him when I just knew he wanted to die becuase his precious Imoutou died but now when I saw the full version of the story its quite fucked up. His Imoutou died because of him, she first fell off the tower because of him, later she was still alive and he could have saved her if he had taken her to a hospital but he just let her die coz he thought, "If she were to die, no would be able to defile her. She would be young and beautiful forever." WTF man, where are the dudes who thought Metropoliman is the MC of this show, at least he's got a valid reason and shit. Metropoliman has this twisted logic man, he's the worst antagonist I've ever seen, all reason behind his doing is because he's a fucking retrd.

Metropoliman has this twisted and fucked up mentality about only wanting wealthy and good looking people in the world lmao, he's so full of himself, he's saying all this just because he is good looking and wealthy too. He described quite a few things like equality, special people etc. it is quite laughable how much fucked up his brain is.

We see that the child who got scared and ran away has planted some cameras somehow and is broadcasting their fight. I've no idea how he planted cameras and has full control over them plus the mic quality is so good lmao, they are probably standing far away from the cameras and still the camera is able to pick up their voices just fine without any disturbances.

Dude they seriously left it off when it was Kakehashi's turn to fire, that too at just 5m range. And now what is this new bullshit Kakehashi has come up with, he's now unsure if its the real Metropoliman, what?

I expected a new OP and ED not gonna lie. Didn't even get to listen to old ED either.

Decent episode, as ridiculous this anime is it sure keeps me interested and acutally is capable of making these tense atmospheres, the OSTs, OP and ED perfectly set the atmosphere for the anime too. I don't care what others say but I'm enjoying this anime a lot, its fun.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 7, 2022 5:27 AM
Jun 2021
Finally they gave some more screentime and better explanation of the Kanade's character, after the disappointment of last episode, this episode really got some better execution & logical story, let me explain how

Listening Kanade's shallow thoughts and his thought process about the different sections especially the poor sections of society was something which moved me like really there are some people belonging to rich sections of society who might think the lower section of the society as the burden and literally he wanted them to be crushed really showed his villainous side and thank god I was tired of watching anti heroes or antagonists without villainous approach.

He cared for her sister but more than that, he cared more about the beauty and being elite with proper education and good looks which is kinda basic approach of humans towards the life and the way to be Nobel and find happiness in their own way but the way he was over obsessed with the humans greed & desires, this made him more villainous and depressed

Mirai finally tried to do something better than showing his HIGH MORAL VALUES in this battle royale although his philosophy is clear and straight which is annoying, it will make more sense after knowing what Kanade was really after all this character development, Saki Chan & Mukaido San are just mere audience as of now which is quite understandable as of now

The battle is more between the philosophies and less between these arrows as of now but definitely a 8/10 episode for me, it was great way of ending this episode without ending after revealing such evil mindset and thinking of Metropoliman the only illogical thing for me in this episode was that how that fight was being telecasted? I mean how did they streamed that fight out of nowhere? So definitely a -2 for that otherwise an interesting and quite moving episode which hurts your feelings upto some extent as a viewer if you try to relate with such mindset

I hope this anime keeps getting better from here on
Jan 7, 2022 6:21 AM

May 2018
Metropoliman really gonna wipe 80% of humanity off the earth
Jan 7, 2022 6:24 AM
Jul 2021
Kakehashi i is a neek and metropoliman is some messed up dude he wants to seduce his sister what is this anime? Episode was aight tho we got a backstory but not much fighting action
Jan 7, 2022 6:26 AM
Jan 2022
The dullest of stand offs

I gave it 2/5 and that was only for Metropoliman's backstory and late potential twist at the end
Jan 7, 2022 6:30 AM

Mar 2018
Well I thought I was committed to seeing this show through despite its many flaws, but this episode may have just been too much for me to continue.

That was awful. First I'll just mention the moronic duel these two came up with and agreed to. I'm not surprised Mirai thought of something this dumb (although didn't think hard enough to think through the logistics) but I am surprised Metropoliman played along, to no benefit of his own.

Metropoliman is one of the worst characters I've ever seen, both in his morality/humanity but also especially in the way he is written. That backstory is just a sick joke. He's a pathetic, deranged siscon who absolutely lost it because his 14 year old sister had a guy confess to her? Literally calling it "unpure"? And then she falls in that comically and so stupidly designed garden tower thing, and she's dead. cool.

Shortly after we learn that slop we then listen to Metropoliman go on his manic tirade about how the world should be. This part in particular is simply one of the worst things I've ever watched. I mean seriously, your grand plan dude is to just kill all the poor and ugly people?? That's just so simple, so horrific and so unbelievably stupid if you think about it for even 2 seconds that it goes beyond parody. It's hard to believe that it isn't parody, honestly. I would expect a better villain ambition to be written from kids in a middle school creative writing course.

And of course, after a two week wait, we leave off this episode the exact same way we did the last one, a Mirai and Metropoliman standoff. Fucking great
GroktheDestroyerJan 7, 2022 6:34 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.