Forum Settings
Forums

Any advice on how to finish a boring series to just get it over with?

Jan 4, 11:09 PM

I bought a few anime dvd's recently, one of them is just mind numbingly boring and i can't get into it. But i spent money on it and want to just knock it out.

Any advice on making it go quicker?
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.

Jan 4, 11:11 PM

put them on-hold if they're really that boring and watch something else that's better instead, like Yuβ˜†Giβ˜†Oh! Season Zero

the whole show is literally all up on YouTube including the 30 min movie you recently saw, you have no frickin excuses so get started already

Jan 4, 11:18 PM

Distract yourself. Get some good food to eat or something lol

Jan 4, 11:20 PM

increase the playback speed of an anime.watch anime at 1.25x or 1.5x
Honestly, I want a show where every single character is a futanari, without it devolving into endless sex (the occasional handjob is fine). One idea I had was a battle "shounen" where all the characters were futas with swords for dicks.

Jan 4, 11:21 PM

So now that you wasted money, you're gonna waste time too?

Jan 4, 11:29 PM

uh, my advice would be to not do that.

Jan 4, 11:30 PM

Don't watch it, there's no point watching stuff you don't enjoy.

Jan 4, 11:37 PM

While watching make some MST3K style comments in your head, in other words make fun on expense of creators lack of talent and lack of ideas.

Jan 4, 11:49 PM

Don't finish it. Just drop that series, keep it somewhere that you cant see it, and call it a day.

Jan 4, 11:50 PM

MALstinks said:
increase the playback speed of an anime.watch anime at 1.25x or 1.5x
that’s too slow, even x2 is sometimes too slow for boring anime

Jan 4, 11:55 PM

TheBlockernator said:
I bought a few anime dvd's recently, one of them is just mind numbingly boring and i can't get into it. But i spent money on it and want to just knock it out.

Watch it at faster speed or if it has fillers and stuff[anime-canon, not manga canon...Skip that shit.
U should've kept in mind to not buy trashy series in the first place.

Jan 4, 11:56 PM

Jan 4, 11:57 PM

Just pretend that you have watched that anime.

For your Information:

Jan 4, 11:59 PM

If it's really that bad, just don't watch it. For what it's worth, what I do with a series that doesn't hold my attention that well is watch an episode or two per night before going to sleep. You certainly won't catch me watching something exciting right before bed, so the 'meh' animes get that "timeslot."

Jan 5, 12:01 AM

Watch one episode and then watch something else and then repeat. That's how I make it through when I'm determined not to drop something.

Jan 5, 12:04 AM

Watch an episode a week. When it gets annoying to wait, just binge it and that's it. Whi knows maybe you'll finish it without a hitch.

Jan 5, 12:06 AM
wait until you're sick. Sickbrain is how I powered through Seven Deadly Sins, lol.

Jan 5, 12:07 AM
i put it on 1.1 - 1.2 x speed its not noticeable but it does save some time.

Jan 5, 12:23 AM
if you really want to get it over with but don't wanna skip it then the best and only solution is to watch it in 4x speed

Jan 5, 12:27 AM

TheBlockernator said:

Drop it? x2 Speed? Do something else whilst watching it? Read the manga Instead to get through faster?
PRAY. DAMN MACHINE. PRAY FOR ME.

Houseki no Kuni >Attack on Titan

Jan 5, 12:29 AM

Just move onto something else, life is short you shouldn't waste it watching boring anime...

Jan 5, 12:43 AM

sell the dvd, in that case you can earn your money back and not waste your time too.

your mom > you

check out my instagram!

Jan 5, 12:43 AM

Watch like 1 ep/week, then it won't even feel like wasting your time

Jan 5, 12:45 AM

Don't torture yourself. Just drop the show. :P

Jan 5, 3:55 AM

TheBlockernator said:

There is no technique you could use to get through it that would compare to just saving yourself the time and effort and ignoring it. You can't get the time you sunk in back, but you could try and sell it to at least recoup one of the things you lost.

Jan 5, 8:01 AM

Work out while watching it. Simple as that

Jan 5, 8:22 AM
Watch it while sleeping.. Best.....

Jan 5, 8:25 AM

dont watch it. no one is forcing you too finish it

Jan 5, 8:27 AM
Watch it with a friend/family member, it’s a lot easier to watch something boring when you make fun of it with someone <3

Jan 5, 8:45 AM

• Multi-tasking
• Speed-watching (1.25 or 1.5x if you still want to read dialogues)
• If it features multiple dubbing options, focus in those instead.
• Skip side stories and read summaries for episodes
• Alternatively, skip the fillers and recaps
• Just sell it and get back your money

Jan 14, 6:41 AM

Watch other people reacting to it makes it so much enjoyable.

Jan 14, 11:44 AM

TheBlockernator said:

Try to control your impulse buy habits. It must feel so trash to buy something you actually don't care about, happened to me with comics books.
Where's everyone going? Bingo?

Jan 14, 12:32 PM

I would recommend either just not watching it, or if its dubbed I would play games, workout, or do chores while watching (if its subbed, that's kinda hard to do, so i'd just give up on it).
Poyo.

Jan 14, 12:34 PM

Cerber106 said:
TheBlockernator said:

Try to control your impulse buy habits. It must feel so trash to buy something you actually don't care about, happened to me with comics books.

Honestly, it doesn't feel so bad. It was a buk set of 12 different series and movies. The other 9 are pretty enjoyable, these last 3 though are just bad.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.

Jan 14, 12:39 PM

Play tetris, or something in a windowed tab on the side. Make it so much easier, trust.
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)

Jan 14, 12:41 PM

TheBlockernator said:

1) Put the DvDs in the basement
2) Wait 10 years
3) Sell it back for more than you paid for it
4) Profit

Optional Step: Watch the show
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)

Jan 14, 12:49 PM
Just watch one episode a day, 'tis what I do

Jan 14, 12:53 PM

That's a tough one..if it were just really bad, you could at least have fun laughing at it. But to me, boring is the absolute worst thing something made for entertainment can be.. If you hadn't actually bought it, I'd say drop it, but I understand wanting to finish something you paid for...All I can really say is good luck. I hope that series isn't too long.

Jan 14, 1:04 PM
watch it at 2x or eat while ure watching

Jan 14, 1:04 PM
watch it at 2x or eat while ure watching

Jan 14, 1:06 PM

do other things while you're watching

as simple as that

Jan 14, 2:31 PM

Drinking game is always an answer to these. Drinking makes everything funnier.

Jan 14, 3:15 PM

Drop it, or just have it playing in the background.
Right now I'm watching: Legend of the Galactic Heroes
And reading: Bakuon Rettou

Jan 14, 3:39 PM
Use it as a coaster so you get your money's worth, maybe use it as a throwing weapon the next time someone pisses you off.

Try multitasking while doing it, sometimes boring anime are actually pretty decent as background noise since a boring anime isn't going to tempt your eyes over to it while doing other shit.

Jan 15, 12:01 AM
First answer. Drop it.

Second answer, Watch dubbed and just skip the scenes you consider boring. The 20 sec ff button exists for a reason.