Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita' Announced

New
Jan 4, 2022 5:07 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The GA Bunko and GA Novel 2022 New Year Anime Festival announced second anime season for Kisetsu Morita's Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita (I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level) light novel on Tuesday.

The comedy fantasy television anime aired in 12 episodes in Spring 2021. Crunchyroll streamed the anime with subtitles outside of Asia, while Muse Communication streamed it in South Asia and Southeast Asia on bilibili, iQIYI, and CATCHPLAY+, among other platforms.

Nobukage Kimura (Tsuritama assistant director) helmed the series at animation studio Revoroot, with Tatsuya Takahashi (Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san) handling the series composition. Keisuke Gotou (Babylon) designed the characters and Keiji Inai (Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha) composed the music.

Morita began penning the novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in June 2016. SB Creative began publishing the series through its GA Novel label the following January, featuring illustrations by Benio. The 19th volume shipped on December 14, with the 20th volume planned for an April 14 release. The light novel has a cumulative 2 million copies of its volumes in print.

Gangan Online began serializing a manga adaptation by Yuusuke Shiba in June 2017. Square Enix published the tenth volume on December 10.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga adaptation in English in July 2017 and 2019, respectively. The tenth novel volume went on sale on August 24, with the seventh manga volume shipped on December 14. The 11th novel volume and eighth manga volume are scheduled for release on January 18 and April 26, respectively.

Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita ranked ninth in the tankobon division in the 2019 edition of Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings.

Synopsis
In role-playing games, slimes are usually the easiest monster to kill, and because of that, they yield few experience points. But what would happen if you live long enough to keep defeating them for 300 years?

After many years of being a corporate slave, Azusa Aizawa abruptly passes away due to severe exhaustion. Seemingly headed for the afterlife, she meets a goddess who bestows her with immortality alongside a peaceful life in another world. There, Azusa enjoys her days tending to her farm, protecting the nearby village, and killing about 25 slimes per day—a routine that continues for at least three centuries.

However, this rather monotonous cycle begins to change when Azusa suddenly finds out that she has reached level 99—the maximum possible level—from slimes alone. Despite desperately trying to hide this fact in fear of ending her slow life, rumors of her strength spread nevertheless. Soon enough, various people throughout the continent, like the dragon Laika and the elf Halkara, start to appear at her doorstep—some seeking a battle, others asking for her assistance. Meeting friends and acquaintances who soon become family, Azusa finds she can live a life far better with others than when she was alone. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://slime300-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @slime300_PR
Novel special site: https://ga.sbcr.jp/sp/slime/

Source: animate Times

Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotJan 11, 2022 11:01 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2022 5:12 AM

Apr 2014
Two great news in a row. LET'S GOOOOOOOO
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 4, 2022 5:32 AM

Oct 2017
Great news, looking forward to it.
Jan 4, 2022 5:33 AM

Mar 2020
Loved it great sol isekai
now for comments section which one will be?
People not dissing this generic isekai just cause a female waifu mc? and has shojo ai sub plot (per novel updates)
or People gonna diss this one too because there fav manga or novel yet to get adapted
find out in this episode of Mal comment section
Jan 4, 2022 5:37 AM

Aug 2019
now this, does put a smile on my face
Jan 4, 2022 5:43 AM

Apr 2016
This truly is the darkest timeline.
Jan 4, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
Finally, inner peace
Jan 4, 2022 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
Ok now this is epic
I was convinced that the anime was just an advertisement for the light novel but it turns out I was wrong.
Jan 4, 2022 5:47 AM
Dec 2013
OMG! YES! My fav anime of 2021 is getting a second season! I am ecstatic!
Jan 4, 2022 6:01 AM

Sep 2019
YESSSSS I loved the first season, it’s great that we’ll see more of Azusa and her family
Jan 4, 2022 6:09 AM

Jun 2019
This was one of my top anime from this year. Never thought it would get a season 2, can't wait.
Jan 4, 2022 6:17 AM

Jan 2021
So glad that this show is back now :DDD
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jan 4, 2022 6:21 AM

Nov 2013
Was not expecting this, loved the first season.
Jan 4, 2022 6:35 AM
Jan 2020
This was a good fluff
Jan 4, 2022 6:44 AM
Jun 2020
Woo Yeah Baby! That's What I've Been Waiting For
Jan 4, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
As far as those generic isekai with OP protagonist go, this was quite decent.
Surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Jan 4, 2022 6:59 AM

May 2020
Everyone's looking forward to it, then who the heck are those isekai bashers I wonder.
Swagernator said:
Indeed the darkest.
Jan 4, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
Everyone's looking forward to it, then who the heck are those isekai bashers I wonder.
Swagernator said:
Indeed the darkest.

Are you unfamiliar with the running gag that isekai haters actually hate not so much the genre itself as male MC and haremness? If it is of a CGDCT nature or even open yuri, then they have no problem with it.
Jan 4, 2022 9:33 AM

May 2020
RobertBobert said:

Are you unfamiliar with the running gag that isekai haters actually hate not so much the genre itself as male MC and haremness? If it is of a CGDCT nature or even open yuri, then they have no problem with it.
Seems like many aspects to deal with when it comes to an isekai, will keep myself neutral though.
Jan 4, 2022 10:42 AM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
RobertBobert said:

Seems like many aspects to deal with when it comes to an isekai, will keep myself neutral though.

Personally, I prefer to judge each show individually.
Jan 4, 2022 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
The only OP protagonist isekai I can stand. Great news.
Jan 4, 2022 11:10 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't like the first season so I'm not too excited about this but I'll give this another try
Jan 4, 2022 12:36 PM

Mar 2021
YES! I adored this show! It was so relaxing, the characters were all great, and the art was pretty nice. I'm now adding this along side Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear 2nd season to my hyped list.
Jan 4, 2022 12:36 PM
May 2020
Oh no... Yeah totally skipping this bland&boring af anime.
Jan 4, 2022 2:45 PM
Aug 2019
Yuki_Haruki said:
Woo Yeah Baby! That's What I've Been Waiting For

I WAS AS WELL LETS GOOO
Jan 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Mar 2014
Nice.

It was a very fun slice of fantasy. Nothing special, but the jokes hit nicely.

FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 4, 2022 4:10 PM
Oct 2019
Peak is back, hell yeahhh
Jan 4, 2022 4:54 PM
Jul 2021
ooh can't wait! Loved the first season so much :)
Jan 4, 2022 8:17 PM
May 2021
Lets go man! LETS GO!!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2017
Dayum, Azusa is back to kill more slimes and build her own harem.

GREAT.
Jan 5, 2022 1:12 AM

Nov 2013
Yooo, that's some fine news!!! I never lost faith that this would be continued. It deserves it. Truly underrated... though understandable. It didn't have the best start IMO. When I started season 1, I put it on hold for nearly 2 months and even considered dropping the show, but then decided to return to it and give it a chance - didn't regret!

Will patiently wait for the girls to return on screen!
Jan 5, 2022 9:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given the series popularity as well as the excellent reception from the fans a second season was a guaranteed result. Still its nice to be proven right. In this day and age we need more comedy anime like this that we can just watch and chill with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2022 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
I'm so happy right now FINALLY SECOND SEASON of my favorite anime
Jan 5, 2022 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
Hopefully this time it gets dubbed by Funimation. Last dub was okay but it could be better.

When will they announce season 2 of isekai smartphone? GOAT of Isekai Anime

RobertBobert said:
Softhenic03 said:
Indeed the darkest.

female lead ones tend to be better but they ruin it by going overboard with japanesing the world by "inventing" bath houses, cooking recipes,idols etc. But will they are lot more enjoyable than male lead ones

KainiusTheGreat said:
YES! I adored this show! It was so relaxing, the characters were all great, and the art was pretty nice. I'm now adding this along side Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear 2nd season to my hyped list.
kuma is getting a second season!? YES!!!! U just wish they don't speedrun the series this time.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Jan 12, 2022 1:44 PM
Jan 5, 2022 10:23 PM

Apr 2012
anirudhtsuki said:
RobertBobert said:

female lead ones tend to be better but they ruin it by going overboard with japanesing the world by "inventing" bath houses, cooking recipes,idols etc. But will they are lot more enjoyable than male lead ones

There is no "generally better", it's a matter of taste. Just admit that you like all-female shows, there is nothing wrong with that.
Jan 6, 2022 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
Can't deny that but because of how few female lead Isekai are there. The quality tend to be better. They
RobertBobert said:
anirudhtsuki said:

There is no "generally better", it's a matter of taste. Just admit that you like all-female shows, there is nothing wrong with that.
can't deny that,i will watch even the most boring anime if it has cute girls, I'll still drop it if i don't see any potential in the 6 episode mark or if it gets too boring.

I also like male isekai but finding one with an identity of its own is PITA. 75% of them come under Isekai smartphone formula or Shield Hero formula. The MC is back stabbed, collect girls, get a lack lustre revenge because killing is wrong. Collecting girls by just existing, girls fighting over the lead and they live happily ever after. Isekai Sekishi Monogatati did this wonderfully with just 13 episodes. I still love that show even after 10 years. The isekai smartphone ones are just plain boring, already seen 100s of those during the 2010-2020 when those were more common than even now.

Female ones usually are more culture focused like Bookworm (Still hate that Bishop is still alive after everything he did) or wholesome focused like Slime 300 or kuma Kuma Kuma Bear. Or villainess ones where the girl change their destiny to bring a happy ending to the characters, this is more Manga based

New Isekai are bucking the trend. Male isekai lead are not just decorations who won't do anything with their op because they dinty want to stand out and not treat Human lives some kind of sacred thing. They use their power to fight against anyone who tries to harm them or their loved ones even if it's a human noble or King. Really thought Tensura would be just another male power fantasy collecting harem girls like trophies. Moonlit fantasy was also really good if I ignore the fact it's Tensura clone. Really hyped for Skelrton knight in another world.
Jan 6, 2022 12:50 AM

Apr 2012
anirudhtsuki said:
Can't deny that but because of how few female lead Isekai are there. The quality tend to be better. They
RobertBobert said:

can't deny that,i will watch even the most boring anime if it has cute girls, I'll still drop it if i don't see any potential in the 6 episode mark or if it gets too boring.

I also like male isekai but finding one with an identity of its own is PITA. 75% of them come under Isekai smartphone formula or Shield Hero formula. The MC is back stabbed, collect girls, get a lack lustre revenge because killing is wrong. Collecting girls by just existing, girls fighting over the lead and they live happily ever after. Isekai Sekishi Monogatati did this wonderfully with just 13 episodes. I still love that show even after 10 years. The isekai smartphone ones are just plain boring, already seen 100s of those during the 2010-2020 when those were more common than even now.

Female ones usually are more culture focused like Bookworm (Still hate that Bishop is still alive after everything he did) or wholesome focused like Slime 300 or kuma Kuma Kuma Bear. Or villainess ones where the girl change their destiny to bring a happy ending to the characters, this is more Manga based

New Isekai are bucking the trend. Male isekai lead are not just decorations who won't do anything with their op because they dinty want to stand out and not treat Human lives some kind of sacred thing. They use their power to fight against anyone who tries to harm them or their loved ones even if it's a human noble or King. Really thought Tensura would be just another male power fantasy collecting harem girls like trophies. Moonlit fantasy was also really good if I ignore the fact it's Tensura clone. Really hyped for Skelrton knight in another world.

Isekai with cute girls is no better, in 90% of cases they simply repeat the CGDCT / all-female formula, placing it in a fantasy setting. Especially the trend you mentioned with "vilainess". You also tend to generalize and ignore things that don't fit, such as harem elements in shoujo / gender bender titles or isekai shows without a harem element like ReZero.

The rest, as I said, is purely a matter of taste, do not try to promote it as an objective mark of quality. Also, judging by how most anti-isekai arguments tend to be more critical of harem shows than isekai, I am beginning to suspect that people are simply copying the arguments against school harems without actually being very knowledgeable about isekai as a genre.
Jan 6, 2022 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
anirudhtsuki said:

Isekai with cute girls is no better, in 90% of cases they simply repeat the CGDCT / all-female formula, placing it in a fantasy setting. Especially the trend you mentioned with "vilainess". You also tend to generalize and ignore things that don't fit, such as harem elements in shoujo / gender bender titles or isekai shows without a harem element like ReZero.

The rest, as I said, is purely a matter of taste, do not try to promote it as an objective mark of quality. Also, judging by how most anti-isekai arguments tend to be more critical of harem shows than isekai, I am beginning to suspect that people are simply copying the arguments against school harems without actually being very knowledgeable about isekai as a genre.
fair enough.............
Jan 11, 2022 11:53 PM
Aug 2018
I'm sorry but my brain can't read too much words right now, so when?
Jan 12, 2022 2:36 AM
Jan 2021
WOAH, Didn’t expect this but am thankful 😍
Jan 12, 2022 2:31 PM

Jul 2021
Nossa, eu estava esperando esse anúncio a meses!
Jan 12, 2022 4:55 PM

Dec 2015
cool! that was a fun show! :D i always got a few giggles, chuckles, and even a guffaw or two out of every episode! here's hoping they keep the same studio and staff too!

i liked S1 of 'Dagashi Kashi' alot. but when they kept some staff but flipped to a new studio for S2 i disliked it. it just changed way way too many things that i found so enjoyable in S1.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 12, 2022 8:17 PM
Nov 2007
wow that show was just pitiful and I watch almost every isekai. I guess many must have watched it.
Jan 13, 2022 5:45 AM
Nov 2021
Let's fucking gooooo
Feb 24, 2022 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't expect to love this show. It got better and better each episode. The characters felt very alive. Not to mention Yuuki Aoi was amazing as Azusa. Can't wait for season 2.
Jun 5, 2022 3:39 PM

Aug 2008
For a light-hearted Anime, I quite liked this one. Glad it's going to have a second season.
Jun 27, 2023 10:29 PM
Jun 2023
This Will be Legendary ill wait for this :)
Jun 30, 2023 12:21 AM

Apr 2013
Great, the first season was a pleasant surprise, one of the best isekai anime imo.
Feb 14, 6:54 PM
May 2021
Wasn’t the second season already out on crunchyroll why does it say isn’t out yet
Feb 14, 7:28 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to god_of_all_weebs
Wasn’t the second season already out on crunchyroll why does it say isn’t out yet
@god_of_all_weebs it's not even announced for which season it will air it's still TBA if it's written second season on crunchyroll it's a mistake on their part that go back to the days when they were separation languages by season some shows still have that today even if it was supposed to be fixed couple times ago.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
17 seconds ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.