Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 8, 2010 3:21 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All I have to say is that was so amazingly cheesy! Still, I'd like to see where they're going with this; perhaps a TTGL ripoff in terms of epicness.
Apr 8, 2010 3:27 AM

Dec 2009
How many times does he need to say 'Heroman'?

Apr 8, 2010 3:31 AM

Aug 2009
"TTGL ripoff in terms of epicness." What? How can epicness be ripped off? And this looks no way near as epic as that.

-Still love the music for this show. Especially the one that sounds like a bunch of bees flying around and the breaks into a evil melody.

-When Joey almost let Heroman get big in his room, I was reminded of that scene in Spider-Man when Peter had all the webbing around his room and was like "No, don't come in!" Actually, the "going to an abandoned factory to practice" was a lot like American cartoons too but that's to be expected since I'm sure that's what they're going for.

-I was sure thinking Ben 10's "It's Hero Time" a bunch of times this episode. And does that controller power up Joey too? It made him faster right? That's a new dynamic.

-Still fun and there was real fighting this time around so I liked it more. That said, if you weren't feeling the first episode, you probably wouldn't be too into this one and should probably just stop watching cause it doesn't look like it's gonna change. I'm sure enjoying though.
Apr 8, 2010 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
"TTGL ripoff in terms of epicness." What? How can epicness be ripped off? And this looks no way near as epic as that.

The OP where Heroman looks like he's about to do Giga Drill Break. =/
Apr 8, 2010 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
I lol'd at how Heroman airs in the same time slot as Dora the Explorer.

Says alot about the target audience.
Apr 8, 2010 4:57 AM

Jul 2009
Loved this ep, the fight at the end was fantastic. Definitely sticking with this one.
Apr 8, 2010 6:17 AM

Feb 2009
I don't care if it's childish or not...or cheesy I LOVED IT!

still love the opening and ending song :)!

I'm so excited for the next episode.. this might be my favorite of the season xD
Apr 8, 2010 6:51 AM

Feb 2008
EuphoricField said:
It's definitely cheesy and it's definitely fun. I'm sticking with it just for that and the cheap laughs I'll be able to have at its expense.

Now for the annoyances. Joey sounds like a girl, looks like a girl, behaves like a girl, talks like a girl and even has a slightly girly name. I seriously doubt all of this is a coincidence. I mean, he uses boku, sits upright, has long hair and is all about teamwork? Come on, how many hints do we need.

breathesunshine said:
How many times does he need to say 'Heroman'?
I think I'll get sick of his Heroman shouts in another episode, I could barely stand it this time around. If they had used another VA, more manly or something, it would probably be awesome but this is just...

The OP is growing on me but the ED still sucks.
kuroshiroiApr 8, 2010 6:54 AM
Apr 8, 2010 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
kuroshiroi said:
Now for the annoyances. Joey sounds like a girl, looks like a girl, behaves like a girl, talks like a girl and even has a slightly girly name. I seriously doubt all of this is a coincidence. I mean, he uses boku, sits upright, has long hair and is all about teamwork? Come on, how many hints do we need.

He's either a twin or a reverse trap. Neither have which have been elaborated on at this point. God forbid he really is a trap and that picture of the 'girl' and what looks like 'her' father is really him...
Apr 8, 2010 7:25 AM

Nov 2008
FUCK YES!

Now this is an anime I can turn my brain off too. It's so purposely generic yet enjoyable; unlike that the usual moe stuff. Also... Lina is my babe for this season.
Apr 8, 2010 7:55 AM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Also... Lina is my babe for this season.

This man speaks truth.
ReaperEXE said:

He's either a twin or a reverse trap. Neither have which have been elaborated on at this point. God forbid he really is a trap and that picture of the 'girl' and what looks like 'her' father is really him...

Pretty sure he said that was his parents.
kuroshiroi said:

The OP is growing on me but the ED still sucks.

T_T
garfield15Apr 8, 2010 7:59 AM
Apr 8, 2010 7:58 AM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
ReaperEXE said:

Pretty sure he said that was his parents.

Really? I will definitely have to rewatch then. =/
Apr 8, 2010 8:00 AM

Mar 2009
ReaperEXE said:
perhaps a TTGL ripoff in terms of epicness.

Nothing can be compared to TTGL's Epicness ..
lmaonadeApr 8, 2010 8:08 AM
Mokyuu♥~!!

Apr 8, 2010 8:44 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty cheesy, but it seems fun, and I'll keep watching for a while longer and see if I really like where it's going or not.
Apr 8, 2010 8:54 AM

May 2009
kuroshiroi said:

I may be mistaken, but I believe that boku is the male "I" along with ore. The female ones are watashi and atashi.

And about the episode: I didn't really liked it. I'm not american, and I didn't watch american cartoons in my childhood (we have Cartoon Network in our country with full of american cartoons too, but I just can't stand them), so I don't get that nostalgic feeling that everyone was talking about in the topic of the first episode either. The plot is lame, and the characters are generic. The best thing about this anime is the animation, and that's why I will give it one more episode, but if it will stay the same as it is, I propably won't continue it.
viral_hunApr 8, 2010 9:04 AM
Apr 8, 2010 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
EuphoricField said:

still love the opening and ending song :)!

I'm so excited for the next episode.. this might be my favorite of the season xD

me too. even if its childish I still enjoy it^^
and watching this its like watching the opposite of childish shoujo anime:)

Apr 8, 2010 9:48 AM

Feb 2008
viral_hun said:
kuroshiroi said:
I may be mistaken, but I believe that boku is the male "I" along with ore. The female ones are watashi and atashi.
Boku is the most ambiguous out of them all and the "proper" one to use if they're trying to convey a hidding meaning. Conversely, if Joey was really a girl who looked like a boy, she'd use boku too if they were going for that. It's tomboyish, I guess.

Joey should've really switched to ore by now, he's what, 15, but the fact he still uses boku just reinforces his reverse trap status.
Apr 8, 2010 9:49 AM

Dec 2007
I really like this series so far. It's succeeds in what it's trying to do. It's entertaining and fun, Lina is hot and life is good.
Apr 8, 2010 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
Meh episode, once again the animation is what allows me to finish the episode.
Apr 8, 2010 10:36 AM
Oct 2009
Like others have said. So cheesy but for some reason I still really like it.

Apr 8, 2010 11:01 AM
Nov 2009
I can dig this ish right hurr
WARNING - HIGHLY TOXIC
If contact with skin occurs, RIP IT OFFFF OH GOD MY MIND
Apr 8, 2010 11:50 AM

Nov 2007
it feels like i'm watching a silly childish cartoon on a saturday morning... 8D NOT THAT I MIND THAT, I LIKE CARTOONS.

but lmao that professor.
"/GRABS MOP"
"OH THAT DIDN'T WORK, LET ME USE THIS EPIC RULER INSTEAD!!!"

also. HEROMAN, PINISHHHHH.
Apr 8, 2010 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
As a Stan Lee fanboy, I'm really digging the comic-book esque storytelling. The orphan male protagonist (the Peter Parker-esque character) living with his Aunt May-esque character, with the Mary Jane-esque character telling him about how she got saved by the Superhero (lol). The beefy "I hate the main character for no reason and am protective of/want the female lead for myself" character, the Marvel comics' signature "accident-created" hero, etc. Also the enemies descending from space reminiscent of the Kryptonians who came to engage Kal'el, etc.

Also, both times the "To be continued..." made me giddy like a comic book geek. :3

PROTIP @"This is cheesy" comments:
Comic books are cheesy.
Apr 8, 2010 12:27 PM

Jun 2009
Lina doujins fucking where?
Apr 8, 2010 1:18 PM

Jun 2009
Congratulations Joey! You are a......murderer.

Aliens: We are here to destroy the planet.
Professor: Why are you doing that?!
(Aliens look at each other in confusion)
Aliens: It's a hobby.....I guess.

As expected. Pure generic storyline. I am finding the cheese hard to deal with (My forehead is sore from facepalms) But it still is enjoyable.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Apr 8, 2010 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
Another fun episode, yay. <- dunno if I should have shame for getting fun of it.
Btw, what the heck was that sound Heroman did at the end of the battle?
Apr 8, 2010 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
It's cheesy like a Saturday morning cartoon, but that's what's to be expected from something someone like Stan Lee's had his hand in. Not that I mind. I've come to terms with that, and I'm enjoying the cheesiness. All they need is about four more giant robots, then they can all do Genyu Force-esque poses.

Protip for Joey: You don't need to yell so much when all you're really doing is pressing a giant button over and over again.

Apr 8, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
Really enjoyed this episode. It's just good fun. The OP and ED are boss, and I still can't get over Psy's Spike Spiegel 'fro.
Apr 8, 2010 1:56 PM
Feb 2010
I love this anime!
I've always had a soft spot for robot animes and this new anime has me squealing~!
Joey is so CUTE! X3
He makes you wanna hug him~!
Apr 8, 2010 2:42 PM

Aug 2009
Kinda boring tbh, hope it gets better.

Apr 8, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
its kinda lame.
Apr 8, 2010 3:27 PM
Dec 2008
this shit is so cheesy.
its the typical american children cartoon show.
and since an american wrote the story, it seems like it wont get any better.

i watched this cuz it was bones, but this anime fails in too many aspects.
characters are still so lame. animation is good, yes, but story, characters, setting, etc, are all very cliche.

and i have developed a person hate for joey. he literally seems homosexual.
and heroman looks like a fag.

on the verge of dropping this show
Apr 8, 2010 3:41 PM
Dec 2007
viral_hun said:
kuroshiroi said:

Nope, "boku" is the childish or girlish way to say "I". Anyway, I agree with kuroshiroi, Joey is definitely a girl to me, even if he's not supposed to be.

Another annoying thing is the useless recap at the beginning of the episode. We're at the second episode and you need to rehash 1 minute of episode 1 footage already ? Oh, and the direction was weak and cheesey as Hell too. Well, the animation and art were still great andit was kinda watchable overall, but it was dissapointing after a very good first ep. I'm fearing another Soul Shitter from BONES now...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 8, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
AddleBoy said:

Protip for Joey: You don't need to yell so much when all you're really doing is pressing a giant button over and over again.

You could say that for like half the anime in the world but I was totally thinking the same thing. I'm going to assume they're going for a Super Robot kind of thing where EVERYTHING MUST BE SCREAMED FOR NO REASON!

Jacut said:
Another annoying thing is the useless recap at the beginning of the episode. We're at the second episode and you need to rehash 1 minute of episode 1 footage already ?

It wasn't really a recap as much as it was continuing what happened last week instead of recapping. They showed what happened after they rescued Lina without taking too much out of the episode.
kaena said:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Apr 8, 2010 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty nice episode and points for Joey for saving Lina when she was falling.
Apr 8, 2010 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
I hope this gets better... <_<
Apr 8, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
Its trying to be really cheesy on purpose though, going for the marvel superhero vibe I'd say. Still alot better then most of the new animes at the moment.
Apr 8, 2010 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
If you people are so sick of Joey saying "Heroman," than it's like you haven't seen any other animes. There's alwayss a name that is called frequently through an anime series (mostly a girl yelling out a boys name 24/7). Anyways, suck it up and just enjoy.

About this episode, like the first, I give it a full 5. Pure epicness, and I didn't think that it was cheesy at all. (You people really should stop saying it is.) I mean, there's a lot of other animes which are cheesier, yet those animes are sometimes really popular. In all, I hope the action continues <3

garfield15 said:

kaena said:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

i want to know that too.

AddleBoy said:

It's like you've never seen an anime before! Wtf is up with you all? Seriously, people always scream for stupid reasons in anime! It isn't anything new... sheesh.
deadaccount0000Apr 8, 2010 4:42 PM
Apr 8, 2010 4:53 PM

Dec 2009
cheesy once again, but still i find myself watching it...

and OMG Lina O_O
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
jog said:

but lmao that professor.
"/GRABS MOP"
"OH THAT DIDN'T WORK, LET ME USE THIS EPIC RULER INSTEAD!!!"

Next week, he uses an epic pencil.
Apr 8, 2010 5:13 PM

May 2009
I researched a bit about the pronouns, and I found this Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pronouns

I know that Wikipedia is not 100% accurate, but I found this article pretty useful.
Apr 8, 2010 5:15 PM

Aug 2009
viral_hun said:
I researched a bit about the pronouns, and I found this Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pronouns

I know that Wikipedia is not 100% accurate, but I found this article pretty useful.

I just KNEW "-boku" was the male one. I just wasn't sure.
Apr 8, 2010 5:53 PM

Feb 2009
This is like a cheesy B-movie with a sky high budget that you can't stop watching despite it being genuinely bad. I guess it somehow makes me feel nostalgic of when I was a kid watching cartoons Saturday morning. x)

-Hei- said:

Delicious (reverse) trap Joey's will come out first. x)
Apr 8, 2010 5:56 PM

Nov 2008
Alexstratz said:
-Hei- said:

Delicious (reverse) trap Joey's will come out first. x)
And I ain't complaining.
Apr 8, 2010 6:39 PM

Sep 2007
I seriously hope Lina is not going to turn into some kind of damsel-in-distress every fucking episode.
Apr 8, 2010 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
I seriously hope Stan Lee is going to turn into some kind of damsel-in-distress every fucking episode.
Apr 8, 2010 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
So far, the only great thing this show has to offer is its eye candy and design.
However, there's not much else I find notable with this show.
It feels just like a regular comic book. For a show with such high production values, it feels like a wasted effort.

Maybe I would love this show more if I were younger..
Ignoring any fault with the story and focusing primarily on the visuals and the action at hand.
Apr 8, 2010 7:39 PM
Oct 2007
Yep. Generic Saturday morning-style show. Reminds me of the things I watched when I was 8. If it's short, I guess I'll stick with it till the end.

HEEEEROOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAANNNnNNN .... GOOOOO! (Oh, gawd.)
Apr 8, 2010 8:51 PM

Jul 2009
AidanAK47 said:

Aliens: We are here to destroy the planet.
Professor: Why are you doing that?!
(Aliens look at each other in confusion)
Aliens: It's a hobby.....I guess.
Pfftt..LMAO i almost spill out my juice when i read this XD good job sir

HEROMAN..BEAM!! *pipipipipipi*

Damn i can't believe i have a boner to an elementary grader..Lina is in junior high school or a elementary? ah who care, she is hawt

And i think i'm gonna be more aware of cockroach, if they watch this they might want to rebel against the humanity and contact their cousin the Skrugg..yikes
Apr 8, 2010 9:22 PM
Jan 2009
I put up a new review for this. It's the best review so far.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.