Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2022 6:18 PM
Apr 2021
I already watched F/Z and F/SN, will I understand the story?
Jan 2, 2022 7:00 PM

Jan 2019
IWatchLegal said:
basically, yeah. it has some characters and lore from f/z and fsn so as long as you've watched those you'll be pretty fine. The story is pretty separate for the most part, so it kinda is a stand alone

btw, tho, if you wanna be really thorough, you can watch the Lord El Melloi II Case Files, bc some of the characters in Fate strange fake are main characters there. But, you really don't have to because the author is great at writing and gets you introduced to the preexisting characters well

also, the manga runs as a kind of compliment to the light novel, not a substitute, so don't just read the manga.

also also, there's this "observer" chapter with a character from tsukihime that you'll be confused about, but it's kinda like a cool cameo, nothing more, and now that you know about it you'll be fine. if you wanna read more about him, look up Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg. he also makes a cameo in FSN heavens feel btw

finally, there are a ton of random nasuverse references throughout the series, but nobody's going to recognize them all, so don't feel bad about missing them. i know i said a lot, but, really, f/z and fsn are enough to read it
Jan 3, 2022 4:18 AM
Apr 2021
belka1213 said:
IWatchLegal said:
basically, yeah. it has some characters and lore from f/z and fsn so as long as you've watched those you'll be pretty fine. The story is pretty separate for the most part, so it kinda is a stand alone

btw, tho, if you wanna be really thorough, you can watch the Lord El Melloi II Case Files, bc some of the characters in Fate strange fake are main characters there. But, you really don't have to because the author is great at writing and gets you introduced to the preexisting characters well

also, the manga runs as a kind of compliment to the light novel, not a substitute, so don't just read the manga.

also also, there's this "observer" chapter with a character from tsukihime that you'll be confused about, but it's kinda like a cool cameo, nothing more, and now that you know about it you'll be fine. if you wanna read more about him, look up Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg. he also makes a cameo in FSN heavens feel btw

finally, there are a ton of random nasuverse references throughout the series, but nobody's going to recognize them all, so don't feel bad about missing them. i know i said a lot, but, really, f/z and fsn are enough to read it
Thanks for the answer!!
Jan 3, 2022 4:18 AM
Apr 2021
belka1213 said:
IWatchLegal said:

Thanks for the answer!!

More topics from this board

» "Fate/strange Fake" will end with the next volume 10

deg - Mar 15

3 by sung_jinzero_69 »»
Mar 15, 11:22 AM

» How much do you think the TV series will adapt

vp787 - Jul 4, 2023

1 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 2, 8:52 PM

» Volume 8 Discussion

abystoma2 - Mar 2

0 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 2, 8:50 PM

» Volume 6 discussion

abystoma2 - Feb 25

0 by abystoma2 »»
Feb 25, 5:00 AM

» What do you think the anime will adapt?

vp787 - Sep 24, 2022

4 by vp787 »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.