Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2010 10:26 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
...well...snap

v_v

I expect an epic fight next week
Apr 7, 2010 11:00 PM
Jun 2007
lol @ the incorrect romanization of Gin's name.

God, this will just bite Pitou in the ass. It just has to. Gon has been keeping his rage in check for quite some time now, and the compromise from before just kept it boiling. Now he's just gonna snap and lash out and god knows what, but Pitou won't be recognizable after this.
Apr 8, 2010 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
So no return of Kaito =/ but with Pufu's impersonation seems we will finally see some fighting between Pitou and Gon @_@ ...
Apr 8, 2010 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
So Kaito won't be revived.

Gon might murder Pitou next week...
This is a signature.
Apr 8, 2010 3:04 AM

Feb 2008
Well there goes my hunch that Kaito revived, would take on the king. I have to wonder where that hunch came from considering how Pitou defeated him. Regardless the moment a lot of us have been waiting for is just around the corner. Its time to see what Gon can do to Pitou.
Apr 8, 2010 3:40 AM

Jan 2009
Aww Kaito's so awesome, this kinda sucks. But nice plot twist.

Gon is gonna turn Super Saiyan for sure next week
Apr 8, 2010 4:40 AM

Dec 2007
i think ya'll got something wrong here. remember pitou did defeat kaito without effort and gon isnt anywhere near kaito yet, what more the powerful pitou? gon will lose.. THATS MOST DEFINATELY
Apr 8, 2010 7:44 AM

Jul 2007
Dammit why did Pitou have to be a guy
Apr 8, 2010 9:04 AM

Aug 2007
Damn whatever happens Gon and Pitou will show their true colors next week or the week after. Damn. He lost all hope.
Apr 8, 2010 9:22 AM

May 2009
I didn't really figure that Kaito would be dead after all. I just thought Gon+Kaito might take on Pitou and maybe stand a chance.
Apr 8, 2010 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
Alucurz said:
Dammit why did Pitou have to be a guy

Was my first reaction as well when I found out. I thought for sure it was a chick, he looks like one so much. But same could be said for Illumi I guess
Apr 8, 2010 11:20 PM
Feb 2010
Pitou's ability can actually revive dead people, otherwise Palm wouldn't be alive, no ?

This could mean that Pitou is lying about not being able to revive Kaito, because there's no reason to do so now that he thinks Komugi is not being taken hostage. This way Gon would be too despaired to rage his nen to it's full combat potential.

With just the two of them in one room, no backup, this is the best chance for Pitou to kill Gon, all Pitou needed was an opening ! Pitou will definitely attempt to finish off despaired Gon in the next chapter ! It's already been established that Gon is one of the most feared potential enemy of the King after all !

Predictions: Pitou leaps for the kill, almost decapitating Gon's spiky head before Ging makes a surprise appearance to save him. xD

NicevilApr 8, 2010 11:39 PM
Apr 9, 2010 12:04 PM

Feb 2008
Nicevil said:
Pitou's ability can actually revive dead people, otherwise Palm wouldn't be alive, no ?

This could mean that Pitou is lying about not being able to revive Kaito, because there's no reason to do so now that he thinks Komugi is not being taken hostage. This way Gon would be too despaired to rage his nen to it's full combat potential.

With just the two of them in one room, no backup, this is the best chance for Pitou to kill Gon, all Pitou needed was an opening ! Pitou will definitely attempt to finish off despaired Gon in the next chapter ! It's already been established that Gon is one of the most feared potential enemy of the King after all !

Predictions: Pitou leaps for the kill, almost decapitating Gon's spiky head before Ging makes a surprise appearance to save him. xD

well even if he can revive the dead....he said that he had no spirit. just a body without a soul. it may be more likely that he was trying to tell him the real nature of his revival of the dead. in any case, there was no malice in that exchange. which leads me to believe he was being considerate of gon.
Apr 9, 2010 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
So there goes Kaito. So long, Kaito.

You know, Meryem, Killua, Knuckle, Palm and even Yupi have been able to notice when Pufu is lying or involved in deception. Why would Pitou be an exception to the rule, especially considering he knows of Pufu's dislike for Komugi?
Ku ku ku~
Apr 10, 2010 4:17 PM

Oct 2007
Why is it my favorite characters in this series either vanish for years on end or die? Kurapika, Kaitou, Shoot... *sigh*

The next chapter should be epic, no matter which course it takes.
Apr 10, 2010 9:31 PM
Nov 2008
The next chapter is gonna be really interesting.
Apr 11, 2010 10:00 PM
Apr 2009
Gon is nowhere near Pitou level, hell Pitou commented a few chapters ago on how easily he could get rid of Gon. Gon had leverage, so Pitou was scared but that's all gone and I don't see how he can protect himself now.

Pitou is probably lying about Kite being died, Pufu is a dick and I can't wait til he gets his.
Apr 12, 2010 9:33 AM

Apr 2010
killua so cool when he use....SHIPPU JINRAI...Yah...... I guess..... Pitou can revive kaito..i really love hunter x hunter :)
Apr 12, 2010 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
Can anyone tell when the hunter x hunter will release their new video?..........
Mar 21, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
Nicevil said:

Exactly my point!
well the revive palm thing.
Jun 8, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2009
I've always considered the possibility that Pitou was lying about not being able to revive Kite, but most of me likes the idea that she truly was telling Gon as a sign of respect. I really got that feeling in the anime, though maybe not as much here. Still, Togashi interestingly chose not to ever show Pitou's face the entire time she was working around to telling Gon the truth, which leaves the situation in a very ambiguous light in my eyes.

Either way, Gon is finally confronted with the awful truth that pretty much every person who had followed the series up until now knows: Kite is dead and there isn't a goddamn thing Gon can do about it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2017 3:19 PM

Aug 2015
Seriously... pitous design is just so beautiful. Especially in these last chapters. Gorgeous facial expressions, even better than in the anime.
Oct 19, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2010
I'm actually surprised so many people on here thought Kite was still alive. I always thought it was pretty obvious from the start that he did in fact die and is only a manipulated corpse.

Still, the reveal is really really well done. Pitou thinks Komugi is safe and has no reason to not just kill Gon straight away, but still tells him. He even asks for his name and says his sorry.

And then Gon's reaction and all of his guilt is just so sad. It wasn't your fault Gon :'(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.