Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2022 1:21 AM

Jul 2014
Shizuma1234 said:
My sign-up form isn't opening. What should I do??
I was unable to find your form in the sign-up thread. Can you link it ?
Jan 13, 2022 5:56 AM

Oct 2019
@AWC_mod
here are some banners

nebluwkoJan 13, 2022 6:29 AM

thanks to my Secret Santa for this set <3
my instagram art acc

Jan 13, 2022 6:31 AM

Jan 2017
@nightfury10
@XYGMA
@-koolkid
Thank you for the banners!
Jan 13, 2022 6:47 AM
Dec 2020
I have a question about the sign up. Do I post in the sign-up thread when I have completed the challenge, or when I start the challenge?
Jan 13, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2017
DragonMastr87 said:
I have a question about the sign up. Do I post in the sign-up thread when I have completed the challenge, or when I start the challenge?

It's generally easier to make a post with the sign-up code when you have started the challenge so you can keep track as you go.

Please note that you will have to make a second post when you are completed the challenge as well (check under Turning In & Tips)
Jan 13, 2022 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
If I'm under a full challenge restriction like Indomitable or Almighty Watcher, am I still allowed to complete a quest using Armored or Watcher? aka if I take on a full challenge restriction do I get a free quest title for each one I pick or do those not count?
Jan 13, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2015
@AWC_mod made some banners this year too! happy watching everyone

MeimauJan 13, 2022 9:42 AM
Jan 13, 2022 1:12 PM

May 2015
I'm confused on what it means to be "awarded a title," can anyone clarify? I understand how the restrictions work (and how to apply them to the overall challenge/specific quests) however, what does it mean when it states that participants will "receive titles as a reward"?
Are "received titles" self-proclaimed accomplishments (for fun), or are they actually some form of digital reward that people receive for successfully completing the challenge?
Jan 14, 2022 2:27 AM

Jan 2017
@Meimau
Jan 14, 2022 2:43 AM

Apr 2011
Olde-Jo said:
I'm confused on what it means to be "awarded a title," can anyone clarify? I understand how the restrictions work (and how to apply them to the overall challenge/specific quests) however, what does it mean when it states that participants will "receive titles as a reward"?
Are "received titles" self-proclaimed accomplishments (for fun), or are they actually some form of digital reward that people receive for successfully completing the challenge?
They are just for fun. We cannot physically or digitally reward you with an ‘actual’ reward or title, so it will just be in the form of a small blurb of text that you will receive your title.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 14, 2022 2:53 AM

May 2015
Lestat- said:
Olde-Jo said:
They are just for fun. We cannot physically or digitally reward you with an ‘actual’ reward or title, so it will just be in the form of a small blurb of text that you will receive your title.

Understood. I appreciate the reply.

It's as I thought. And it's preferable for me, as I now know that I can take the challenge in more of a relaxing stride. I thought (perhaps) titles might of been some form of reward that'd be permanently (and easily) viewable, somewhat like "Custom Forum Titles."

Glad to have had it cleared up. Thank you.
Jan 14, 2022 2:59 AM

May 2015
I'm looking for Anime recommendations that can complete these items:
(B1) Watch an anime with 20 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
(B2) Watch an anime with 35 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
I'm using the Indominable restriction, and thus, am unknowing on whether I need to abide by the specified duration (<15 minutes), or if I need to abide by MINE OWN restriction (which is, of course, Indominable.)

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Jan 14, 2022 5:32 AM
Aug 2018
(N5) Watch an anime suggested by MAL or by Anime+

So by MAL, in other words, the suggestions we get on the home page?
Jan 14, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
Olde-Jo said:
I'm looking for Anime recommendations that can complete these items:
(B1) Watch an anime with 20 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
(B2) Watch an anime with 35 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
I'm using the Indominable restriction, and thus, am unknowing on whether I need to abide by the specified duration (<15 minutes), or if I need to abide by MINE OWN restriction (which is, of course, Indominable.)

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Exceptions mentioned for quest restrictions also apply to full-challenge restrictions. So for Indominable you have to watch anime with episode length 15 min. or less.

_R_a_y_ said:
(N5) Watch an anime suggested by MAL or by Anime+

So by MAL, in other words, the suggestions we get on the home page?
It's easier to make a screenshot on the anime search page: https://myanimelist.net/anime.php
mozgowJan 15, 2022 6:24 AM
Jan 14, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2015
@mozgow

Appreciate your time and response, friend. Thank you. I now know I have to abide by the Item's specific requirement, rather than change it based upon my own restrictions.
Jan 14, 2022 3:33 PM

Feb 2014
For K3 "Watch an anime rated 6.00 or less that is tagged with your favorite genre by weighted score according to Anime+"

Do Themes and Demographics still counts? or did that change as well?
IE: do I use "Shounen" as is my favorite genre by weighted score overall, or do I move to "Drama"?
Jan 14, 2022 5:09 PM
Oct 2021
So we just post the mal anime listing and the date started and finished??
Jan 14, 2022 7:44 PM

Feb 2017
Can I delete the line of text with

🛡️ Quest Restriction 🛡️: (put N/A if none)

from the quests that I don't fully finish? Putting a restriction is meaningless if you don't do the whole quest. Putting N/A would indicate I'm finishing the quest and not putting a restriction, but I don't see a reason to leave that text if I can't place a restriction anyway.
eski514Jan 14, 2022 7:48 PM
Jan 15, 2022 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
eski514 said:
Can I delete the line of text with

🛡️ Quest Restriction 🛡️: (put N/A if none)

from the quests that I don't fully finish? Putting a restriction is meaningless if you don't do the whole quest. Putting N/A would indicate I'm finishing the quest and not putting a restriction, but I don't see a reason to leave that text if I can't place a restriction anyway.
Yes, you can do that.

Punkero said:
For K3 "Watch an anime rated 6.00 or less that is tagged with your favorite genre by weighted score according to Anime+"

Do Themes and Demographics still counts? or did that change as well?
IE: do I use "Shounen" as is my favorite genre by weighted score overall, or do I move to "Drama"?
It means everything that's listed on anime+. In your case "shounen" is the one you have to use.
Jan 15, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
@Boyscout31

Hello, it looks like you might have added the wrong form to your post. If you are still working on your challenge you need to post this code instead.

If you have any questions please feel free to let us know!
Jan 15, 2022 2:21 PM

Feb 2018
made a few banners for awc'22 @AWC_mod

Jan 15, 2022 7:49 PM

Jan 2017
@arderine
Thank you for the banners! :D
Jan 16, 2022 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
@AWC_mod
Here's some banner from me too:

Jan 16, 2022 3:27 AM

Jan 2017
@OhTsuru
Jan 16, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2020
(D3) Watch an anime that began airing the same day you joined MAL
Literally no Anime began airing when I joined Mal so what should I do about it?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 16, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
Scordolo said:
Here is a list of anime that began airing on the 21st: anime that began airing on the 21st
Jan 16, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2020
mozgow said:
Scordolo said:
Here is a list of anime that began airing on the 21st: anime that began airing on the 21st

Oh so I can watch Anime from any year not just from 2020?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 16, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Scordolo said:
Oh so I can watch Anime from any year not just from 2020?
Yes, any year, any month, just the day must be the same.
Jan 16, 2022 7:34 PM
Aug 2020
tmigas said:
If I'm under a full challenge restriction like Indomitable or Almighty Watcher, am I still allowed to complete a quest using Armored or Watcher? aka if I take on a full challenge restriction do I get a free quest title for each one I pick or do those not count?

Hey everyone, I don't think I ever got an answer and even after trying to read more carefully, it only touches on the subject for the Exalted__ full challenge restriction, which (by my interpretation) says you can't reuse the tag of the full quest restriction for an individual one but I'm not sure if it applies to the other full restrictions since for tags an anime can have multiple but for the other restrictions it can't
Jan 17, 2022 12:52 AM

Aug 2012
Ok, so I just want confirmation that I'm getting this right.

I'm choosing to do level 1. So I have to complete 20 items, but have to have at least 1 full quest completed (i.e. Quest A, S, V, etc.). So that means I can choose any items from any quest to complete it to 20.

Am I correct?
Jan 17, 2022 2:15 AM

Jul 2014
@Liaeves
Yes, that's how you should do it.
Jan 17, 2022 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
Hi! I have a question about (Q4) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese.

Would Xiaoshi Cheng from Link Click count? I don't think there's anything to suggest that he isn't human, but he has super powers, so I'm not sure if he's invalid.

Thank you!
Jan 17, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
@Snakering
From what I have found, he's human.
Jan 17, 2022 11:01 AM

May 2017
tmigas said:
tmigas said:

Hey everyone, I don't think I ever got an answer and even after trying to read more carefully, it only touches on the subject for the Exalted__ full challenge restriction, which (by my interpretation) says you can't reuse the tag of the full quest restriction for an individual one but I'm not sure if it applies to the other full restrictions since for tags an anime can have multiple but for the other restrictions it can't

Hello, sorry that we missed your question!

You cannot use the restriction as both the full challenge restriction and the quest specific restriction, it would have to be one or the other.
Jan 17, 2022 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
(O2) Watch an anime featured in an active 2022 AWC participant's forum avatar or signature.

-What makes a participant active?

Jan 17, 2022 12:05 PM
Mar 2020
This is probably a stupid question but can you still watch anime, and update your lists, outside of the ones you are going to use for the challenge?
is the taskmaster achievement a full challenge restriction or no?
Jan 17, 2022 12:10 PM
Mar 2020
I accidentally made 2 separate threads on the sign-up forum and I didn't want to delete it and mess up the initial post numbers. What should I do?
Ava_UzumakiJan 17, 2022 12:13 PM
Jan 17, 2022 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
TambalaiAri said:
(O2) Watch an anime featured in an active 2022 AWC participant's forum avatar or signature.

-What makes a participant active?
Anyone that has a challenge form posted in the sign-up thread.

Ava_Uzumaki said:
This is probably a stupid question but can you still watch anime, and update your lists, outside of the ones you are going to use for the challenge?
is the taskmaster achievement a full challenge restriction or no?
Yes, you can watch other anime, not related to the ones you're using for the challenge.
Yes, taskmaster is a full-challenge restriction.

Ava_Uzumaki said:
I accidentally made 2 separate threads on the sign-up forum and I didn't want to delete it and mess up the initial post numbers. What should I do?
Sigh... You really shouldn't but since you've made two posts you can delete the second one.
Jan 17, 2022 1:37 PM
Mar 2019
Curious about the Non-Humanoid Main Character challenge. Does it have to be fully non human looking, like a wolf, dragon, cat, etc.? Or do things like Lamias, Centaurs, Dullahans, etc count for this?
Jan 17, 2022 1:46 PM

Oct 2011
mozgow said:
@Snakering
From what I have found, he's human.

Thanks so much! That's a great help!
Jan 17, 2022 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
(O2) Watch an anime featured in an active 2022 AWC participant's forum avatar or signature

-If a participant's avatar or signature is of Luffy from One Piece (for example), can you choose an anime from the One Piece franchise or only One Piece?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 17, 2022 4:32 PM

Jun 2010
Each Quest can only have 1 restriction. But what about the Full-Challenge restrictions? Can I have more than one? Can I do Indomitable Almighty Watcher for example?
Jan 17, 2022 11:54 PM

Aug 2012
Can I have a recommendation for this please? ---> (B1) Watch an anime with 20 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
Jan 17, 2022 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
TambalaiAri said:
(O2) Watch an anime featured in an active 2022 AWC participant's forum avatar or signature

-If a participant's avatar or signature is of Luffy from One Piece (for example), can you choose an anime from the One Piece franchise or only One Piece?

Thanks in advance!

You can use the One Piece franchise. As long as it's One Piece related, it's valid.
Jan 18, 2022 1:26 AM

Jul 2014
TigressLion0330 said:
Curious about the Non-Humanoid Main Character challenge. Does it have to be fully non human looking, like a wolf, dragon, cat, etc.? Or do things like Lamias, Centaurs, Dullahans, etc count for this?
As it's stated in Challenge List with Explanations:
(Q6) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character
   — State the character; they cannot have any physical resemblance to humans (like human hands).
   — Excludes humans/animals/etc that transform into something else (like Ahiru Arima).
      • e.g. Monokuma, Ekubo, Bananya and Sousuke-ojisan are valid; Legoshi and Juuzou Inui would be invalid.
   — There is a list started in the AWC Official Club if you need some ideas.
The character cannot have any resemblance to humans, so centaurs, lamias and dullahans are invalid.

TambalaiAri said:

Thanks in advance!
Basically what @Liaeves said. Any anime in which Luffy is listed as a character will be valid.

Catexia said:
Each Quest can only have 1 restriction. But what about the Full-Challenge restrictions? Can I have more than one? Can I do Indomitable Almighty Watcher for example?
Yes, you can use multiple full-challenge restrictions.

Liaeves said:
Can I have a recommendation for this please? ---> (B1) Watch an anime with 20 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less
Last year I've used this anime-planet list to find something.
Jan 18, 2022 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
@mozgow Aahh, thank you so much!
Jan 19, 2022 12:50 PM
Apr 2014
I do have a question in regards to the task A5 (watching a movie with total duration of 2h). Pretty straight forward but I just wanted to make sure...

If the page of the movie mentions a duration of exactly 2hours that is enough, right? I'm wondering because I had this movie Shisha no Teikoku on my PTW list with this and after removing all the publisher stuff and credits the movie technically wouldn't be two hours anymore >.>
Jan 19, 2022 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
@Nanashi
We go by what MAL's page says. If it says 2 hr. (or more) then it is valid.
Jan 20, 2022 12:45 AM
Apr 2014
mozgow said:
@Nanashi
We go by what MAL's page says. If it says 2 hr. (or more) then it is valid.

Thank you for the quick reply!
Jan 20, 2022 12:55 PM

Aug 2017
Hi, I'm filling out my AWC 2022 list and I noticed under Quest J2 (Watch a listed Episodic or Isekai themed anime) that the list they supplied for Episodic anime doesn't include the Teekyuu series, however people doing the challenge in the forum the list is for were able to put Teekyuu. Basically, I'm asking if I can fill out Teekyuu for this quest for the AWC 2022 despite it not being on the list.

Thanks!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

465 by Bern_stein »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

471 by Bern_stein »»
Yesterday, 1:14 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

103 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 17, 1:42 PM

Sticky: » 🎄🎅 Mini Challenge - Winter Bingo 2023 🎅🎄 ( 1 2 )

Aeradae - Dec 1, 2023

83 by kjplethodon »»
Apr 16, 4:00 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

10 by AWC_mod »»
Jan 17, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.