Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2021 1:14 PM
Feb 2021
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Gimai Seikatsu Volume 4 Discussion

Gimai Seikatsu Volume 4 Description
----------------------------------------

Ever since Saki began calling Yuuta 'Nii-san', the two of them have started to become more like proper siblings, but because of their secret feelings for each other, their relationship has become somewhat stiff and awkward.

Along the way, there is a parent-child meeting at school, an open school day, a boys and girls mixed study camp, and various other events that occur, and both of them make new acquaintances in the process.

"There happened to be only one member of the opposite sex close to me, which is why I coincidentally developed feelings for them, that's all."

Confronted with these difficult challenges, both of them once again face their own feelings. Future versus present, common sense versus irrationality, pretense versus honesty, your own happiness versus the happiness of your family...

What should they prioritize, and what should they put up with? What would the correct choice be?

At the end of their distresses and new encounters, Yuuta and Saki take action and start making their decision.

-----------------------------------------
List of Chapters

Prologue: Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 1: 3rd of September (Thursday) - Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 2: 3rd of September (Thursday) - Saki Ayase
Chapter 3: 4th of September (Friday) - Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 4: 4th of September (Friday) - Saki Ayase
Chapter 5: 24th of September (Thursday) - Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 6: 24th of September (Thursday) - Saki Ayase
Chapter 7: 25th of September (Friday) - Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 8: 25th of September (Friday) - Saki Ayase
Chapter 9: 26th of September (Saturday) - Saki Ayase
Chapter 10: 26th of September (Saturday) - Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 11: 27th of September (Sunday) - Yuuta Asamura
Chapter 12: 27th of September (Sunday) - Saki Ayase
Chapter 13: 28th of September (Monday) - Yuuta Asamura
abhisekaiDec 30, 2021 7:06 AM
Dec 28, 2021 11:10 PM
Apr 2019
What an amazing volume. Easy 10/10 volume for me.
is such a GOATed girl. Also really loved
.Can't wait for the next volume.
Dec 29, 2021 6:30 PM

Jul 2017
Excluding any MT stuff, this was genuinely one of the best volumes I've read in a while. I had my premonitions about this series for being about step-siblings and was pleasantly surprised with each of the first three volumes whenever I read them, being actually good, well-built with good pacing and quality characters. But this volume took the series to another level, to a great level that I never expected.

This was a fantastic and surprisingly thought-provoking volume between two step-siblings that clearly like each other and self-aware of that, but are trying to proactively figure out what these feelings actually are, whether they are genuine or superficial because they spend so much time together at home and naturally aware of the opposite sex and same age, whether it is right to bottle feelings like these and the long-term effects they could have, and doing activities like spending less time with each other and exploring new environments, new people and gaining different perspectives and experiences along the way. The ending too was really great without just going completely with the dating route, and instead putting their relationship into a indescribable one, more than step-siblings that know that they like each other but can't be proper lovers yet by any means without pushing any boundaries and still trying to be normal step-siblings in front of their parents. And hopefully with time, be able to understand their feelings with a clearer shape to them. It's really impressive stuff this, and had me on the edge of my seat reading this. This was anything beyond what I expected from this series and had great moments, character development and presented interesting perspectives too through the back and forth POV switching between Asamura and Ayase.

For the person who wrote the other series with the Friend's Sister be the same author as this is astounding. The Friend's Sister one was so bad and annoying that I dropped it midway. But this has been such an interesting experience with some clear thought put behind it and good questions asked. I'm a big fan of this now and I can't wait to see what the future is in store for this.
Dec 31, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2017
animejas said:

For the person who wrote the other series with the Friend's Sister be the same author as this is astounding. The Friend's Sister one was so bad and annoying that I dropped it midway. But this has been such an interesting experience with some clear thought put behind it and good questions asked. I'm a big fan of this now and I can't wait to see what the future is in store for this.

So true. Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni dake Uzai is so bad compared to Gimai Seikatsu. Ironically they give that LN an Anime instead of Gimai Seikatsu, which puzzles me to this day.

Well, maybe Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni dake Uzai got better later on, I haven't read it beyond Vol 4..
๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ปโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ 100000 ๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹ - ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡พโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ถโ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹!
Dec 31, 2021 9:18 PM

May 2016
Man, that was yet another spectacular volume. This series keeps getting better and better with each new volume. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about reading a romance novel. I was literally fangirling over it (is that the right way to put it I wonder?) while reading the final chapter even though I'm a dude.

Tbh, I expected a bit more beating about the bush from the author to spice things up before getting these two to express their feelings for each other and totally didn't expect it to happen for the next few volumes. But that final chapter caught me off guard completely and I was grinning like an idiot while reading it. The one thing that could make this volume even better would be including Saki's pov of the final chapter. I'd love to read that.

Overall another solid volume. I'm totally looking forward to reading the next volume.

Dec 31, 2021 9:35 PM

May 2016
Kawaiiope said:
animejas said:

So true. Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni dake Uzai is so bad compared to Gimai Seikatsu. Ironically they give that LN an Anime instead of Gimai Seikatsu, which puzzles me to this day.

Well, maybe Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni dake Uzai got better later on, I haven't read it beyond Vol 4..

True that. I actually happened to pick up that series after reading Gimai Seikatsu since it was written by the same author. But it was just so horrible that I barely managed to finish reading the first volume....

Also, the reason that one got an anime adaptation is probably because it was released earlier in 2019 and currently has more content (8+ volumes iirc) while it has only been less than a year since Gimai Seikatsu got published. I would be surprised if this series didn't get an anime adaptation in the future since it's just on another level compared to that Imouto Uzai series.

Jan 5, 2022 8:45 PM

Jan 2017
I screamed physically at this part of the last chapter.
Jan 20, 2022 11:42 AM
Jan 2021
It was so sweet that I'm going for a blood test tomorrow
Jan 21, 2022 4:39 AM

Jun 2015
Yeah. Considering everything such as:

- Them being a step-sibling.
- Their same age.
- Their experience with bad parents.
- And ultimately, their unconditional love for their biological parents and their wish for their parents to be finally happy with their marriage.

Yes... That's one hell of a convoluted relationship to have. It's true that if you have never interact with a member of opposite sex for your whole life, your first good experience of it can be described as similar to romantic ones.

At first, you can think of it as something as sweet as destiny. But once you widen your world and meet new people, you will realize that this "romantic" feeling is much more common than you think. As stated by Kudou-sensei, if despite your experience with more people and you still feel that your first one is still special, then you must cherish those feelings.

I love the message. Considering their convoluted circumstances and social taboos, Yuuta and Saki decided to be honest with their feelings. I can talk long and wide about morality and how there is nothing inherently right or wrong in this world, but I believe this place isn't an appropriate one. Good volume.

P.S.: Fujinami Maho is GOATED. I love her talk about people who are deemed "bad" in society are not necessarily bad. Sometimes, they are just victims of circumstances. And all they do is keep on living despite their circumstances. Which is a mindset I admire quite a lot and I believe it to be human's invaluable asset despite one's social standing.
YosepRAJan 21, 2022 4:49 AM
Jan 29, 2022 9:03 AM

Jan 2021
Yo guys! I finished the volume 4 today and yeah that was so good. I really like this LN. Now that I have finished the volume 4, now Im dying to know what will happen next. So does anyone know when will the next volume come out?
Sep 5, 2022 12:02 AM

Sep 2020
Fake wincest ftw ๐ŸŽ‰

The author weren't kidding when he said their relationship would soon change.
Jan 27, 2023 7:52 AM

Aug 2021
AngelofFrost said:
Kawaiiope said:

True that. I actually happened to pick up that series after reading Gimai Seikatsu since it was written by the same author. But it was just so horrible that I barely managed to finish reading the first volume....

Also, the reason that one got an anime adaptation is probably because it was released earlier in 2019 and currently has more content (8+ volumes iirc) while it has only been less than a year since Gimai Seikatsu got published. I would be surprised if this series didn't get an anime adaptation in the future since it's just on another level compared to that Imouto Uzai series.

Yeah... I totally agree with you guys. My only regret is that I'm reading this novel in 2023. huuuhhh..... I wonder Why I didn't found this elite tier novel when it was published. But I Still want to show my gratitude towards the honorable author and illustrator Hiten. They are really doing a great job, don't you guys agree? I just started reading the novel barely a month ago and I loved it soo much that I made this to volume 4. I am really impressed. What a piece of art. It is truly a masterpiece . <3
ChicairoJan 27, 2023 9:56 AM
Jan 27, 2023 3:53 PM

Aug 2021
Man.... Again Another masterpiece Volume of Gimai Seikatsu๐Ÿ’– As always... I am out of words to express my feelings. To be honest... This volume give me one thing and took everything from me.
The thing this volume gave me is called
Happiness
And it took my sleep, my voice, my thoughts, my IQ, my words everything.
Man.... I was flying over the moon when I was reading this volume. Especially the last chapter...ofcourse.
I have soo much soooo much to talk about. There is so much thing, so much detail and sooo much entertainment, thrill etc.
Though, it would be impossible to say everything but I will give some example atleast.
First is the new Yomiuri-senpai's cute outfit along with those lines.๐Ÿ˜…

Next is the new Sensei... "Kudo-sensei"
Man.... Did you ever saw the anime "Class room of elite"
There is a charecter called "Ayanokoji"
He is the MC. This sensei I mean Kudo sensei is no less than him... What a sharp talent bro... I just can't keep the pace with her. The Moral she said Was damn true. Just look at this...I personally call it "The Narrowness Fact"

Next is is the new charecter "Fujimoto Maho" or "Kaho" I guess. First of all...
Man.... She is Damn Cute... Oh my gooood.
Well sirously... I have already said this many time but again... Sir Hiten... You are the best. Absolutely. Tensai
(Oh... But.. Not more cute than Ayase-san)
She has also very nice ability to read the situation and has a great conversation skill. She don't hesitate to speak the truth. To say the truth, I also like this kind of honest Human. She is very sharp  too. Like just look at those.

This Cute Line of Ayase-san Also caught my attention. I really want to see this a an anime. I really loved the last line.

And the Final chapter.....
This chapter was a TOTAL Blast
I like it I like it I like It I Love It sooooooooo much...... They finally know their feelings. I am really happy for them. Honestly speaking, when I was reading this chapter, I was alone and I just couldn't stop Praising loud. I was also moaning. Not matter How embarrassed I was but I just wanted to do it. I can picture Every single thing When I was reading this elite-tier Chapter. This was the Best chapter so far. Look at those lines. Those illustrations. I just can't help but to admire them. You authors are the best. You guys really did a great job.

But My favourite part was those lines from my boy Asamura-kun....

Like Can you Imagine How Crazy Mikawa-Sama Can get. Those lines were nuts. I mean I can't just guess those lines in million years. You are Absolutely genius Author. You have proved yourself the bestest author. Trust me, I started crying from happiness, after reading those lines. Really.... Oh man... I don't have anymore to say....

BTW... Congratulations on Getting the the 3rd place. Although, You got 3rd place this volume but this is an elite-tier novel and it deserves the 1st place no matter what.

I am really satisfied.. Really satisfied with those lines, those Illustrations, those voice overs from Youtube channel. And all other works. Now I can Say it Loudly that....
I didn't regret Choosing this Novel
Thank You everyone. ๐Ÿ’–

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Volume 1 Discussion

A1ter_00 - Feb 8, 2021

9 by R_j_s »»
Jan 27, 1:24 AM

» Which Studio should Animate?

CreepHazard - Jul 24, 2022

9 by Playcool »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:13 AM

» Licensed by Yen Press

Jesse-kun - Apr 7, 2023

5 by Playcool »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Volume 3 Discussion

abhisekai - Jul 26, 2021

11 by Playcool »»
Nov 5, 2023 1:49 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Chapter 7 Discussion

Chicairo - Feb 23, 2023

1 by Chicairo »»
Feb 23, 2023 5:02 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.