Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2021 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, when Kawaki gets serious and angry, he can be quite scary.

It was tough for him to experience a loss this episode too. The cruel reality of the shinobi world...
Dec 26, 2021 1:19 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Mozuku... He sacrificed himself for Kawaki's sake. Kawaki is experiencing the shinobi world for the first time and he's so much to learn. I felt bad for Kawaki as well. Shikadai is still the best boy. Love how mature he is for his age. Kawaki passed the test.

I can see that they're trying to give Kawaki more screentime and his character some well-deserved development. Hoping to see the manga canon episodes back soon.
Dec 26, 2021 1:38 AM
Jul 2020
This ep was really good. Kawaki got some good character development here. He's starting to respect the ways of shinobi and the dangers that come with it. The emotions he showed were really great. Didn't expect he would be this down and sad when mozuku died. I really loved when shikadai took him to his grandfather's grave and talked with him. Kinda reminded me of when Shikamaru helped Naruto and took him to the hospital to see Kurenai like that type of vibe.
Dec 26, 2021 6:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rip. Never expected that two-episode only kid died like that. But, as always, he served the purposes pretty well enough to see closely how Kawaki character develop, even on those limited time. Same with Shikadai that unexpectedly return his wise mode, as a son of Nara Shikamaru. As funny as Chocho comment about Kawaki, seeing him changing up his character by that situation, i can't help but its tickle me for a bit. Congrats for the genin status, though, and its a must to be more stronger, like him, Kawaki. Good luck!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 26, 2021 6:10 AM
May 2021
Mozuki's death was an important experience for Kawaki. He realizes the responsibility you have on a mission here.
Dec 26, 2021 7:00 AM
May 2021
i usually dont like anime canon episodes for boruto but thiis one was not half bad
showed a lil character developemment for kawaki
May 2021
i usually dont like anime canon episodes for boruto but thiis one was not half bad
May 2021
Dec 26, 2021 7:39 AM
Apr 2019
Episode was good I loved the idea at the end of kawaki and naruto going on a mission together but no we’re getting a wasabi and namida filler ://////
Dec 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
The filler character died to provide some development for Kawaki as he officially becomes a shinobi. He learned the hard and tragic way that being a shinobi is serious business. I enjoyed his interactions with Shikadai this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 26, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2014
this was such a good episode,even the arc itself was pretty good,after that mess of an examen arc,this felt just right.
Dec 26, 2021 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
The mission ended up having death this is very rare but it happened.
Dec 26, 2021 12:08 PM
Dec 2021
Now here are some worth watching fillers. Dude this was classic ninjutsu based episode
Dec 26, 2021 12:10 PM
Jul 2021
When are we going to get back into Canon again?? 😩. Well legit canon since someone said somewhere everything is sorta canon, but I mean Manga official
Dec 26, 2021 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
Good thing Boruto and Sarada showed up.
They we're able to complete the mission but the price seemed to be too steep for Kawaki.
It's good that he is starting to understand what it means and what it takes to be a ninja. Naruto's going to be doing missions with Kawaii?! Didn't expect that. It's going to be shadow clone, right?
Dec 26, 2021 3:39 PM
Jan 2021
Kawaki and Mozuku continue on with the mission and they run into Kurobane very quickly.

Kurobane uses Ninja Art: Infinite Sea Watchtower which creates a bunch of illusions of himself using the water vapor. The jutsu takes water from the ground, grass, trees, and even the bodies of the victims themselves. Luckily Kawaki was able to get on higher ground and find the real Kurobane and take him down.

However, Kurobane attacked with his blade and Mozuku jumped in the way to prevent Kawaki from being damaged. Mozuku unfortunately passed away, and Kawaki was able to deliver the medicine to Mozuku's sensei.

The fact that Kawaki couldn't protect Mozuku really affected Kawaki and he blames himself. Shikadai takes him to the grave of his grandfather, Shikaku Nara and talks about how teammates share their pain.

Shikadai put in a good word for Kawaki and he's now a Genin and will be accompanying Naruto on missions. Kawaki intends on getting stronger so that what happened to Mozuku won't happen again.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
Dec 26, 2021 3:48 PM

Nov 2013
DKDiabloLicht said:
When are we going to get back into Canon again?? 😩. Well legit canon since someone said somewhere everything is sorta canon, but I mean Manga official

after the slow as hell manga gets another 20+ chapters? otherwise if they only adapt manga chapters, anime would catch up with it pretty fast and then it's back to fillers anyway lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 26, 2021 4:08 PM
Jul 2021
winddevil1 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

after the slow as hell manga gets another 20+ chapters? otherwise if they only adapt manga chapters, anime would catch up with it pretty fast and then it's back to fillers anyway lol

Yeah I know but It was soooo damn good between like 196 or something to 220 so it bums me out to watch stuff that basically doesn't matter, especially compared to what awesome stuff we had.
Dec 26, 2021 6:39 PM

Nov 2012
Besides practical experience, Kawaki needs to be educated. He seems the type to come to that realization himself. He at least should learn about genjutsu. And why would the Hokage go on missions with a genin? I'm not liking that. I feel like we're seeing the beginnings of the patn that leads to his betrayal.
Dec 26, 2021 7:35 PM
Nov 2021
Well, this was actually a good episode, as we get to see kawaki fight with him unveiling another truth of the shinobi world making him one step closer to actually being one...
Dec 26, 2021 9:39 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Kawaki's gotten weirdly attached to Mozuku.
Dec 27, 2021 6:01 AM
Jul 2021
decent filler episode though a death in filler episodes is rare but this means character development for kawaki and why did naruto say that he will go on missions with kawaki, are we probably gonna see naruto in action sometime soon
Dec 27, 2021 7:32 AM

Jan 2013
Glad Boruto didn't do anything stupid to drag this arc further than needed.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Aug 2017
there wont be any manga canon stuff for a while...
Dec 29, 2021 8:14 AM
Oct 2019
That was a really good episode for Kawaki character development...

Sad that kid Mozuku must die, but his will would carry on through Kawaki.
Dec 29, 2021 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
i hope Kawaki learns from his stubborn attitude...if not being the road to shinobi then he has to be stronger in order to protect someone...but as everyone said this is character development for him!

Jan 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2018
Took me weeks to finally watch this episode. Anyway, Kawaki is still stubborn as hell but he managed to learn from his mistakes and seems like he reflected upon himself already. Anyway, a new opening by FLOW today. I'm excited.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 9, 2022 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
DKDiabloLicht said:

I remember reading somewhere it could take at least until late 2022 or early 2023 :/

Kinda crazy how we've only had 60 manga canon episodes in 230+
Not that some of the anime canon episodes or filler were bad but I'd like to see the story progress and learn more about it.
I dont need to learn life lessons from every single side character.
Feb 9, 2022 2:54 PM
Jul 2021
PrOxAnto said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

I remember reading somewhere it could take at least until late 2022 or early 2023 :/

Kinda crazy how we've only had 60 manga canon episodes in 230+
Not that some of the anime canon episodes or filler were bad but I'd like to see the story progress and learn more about it.
I dont need to learn life lessons from every single side character.

Haha right?? Yeah some Filler stuff was great like the Time Travel Arc was great, but I really don't care about the cat girl and her family or a bunch of others. Although I do like the Samurai girl, but I'd rather see her like fighting with them not backstory. And with the Code stuff and 80% for Boruto and Kawaki I need to see that stuff. Oh and Kojin Kashi! I'm dying to see that.
Feb 18, 2022 12:05 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
The sensei didn't comment on the other dead kids like at all. Just Mozuku. RIP other fodder kids. lol

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 31, 2022 6:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
He takes a new way, is it the correct?
Jan 12, 2023 5:13 AM
Jan 2023
Well Boruto is getting worse each epidode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.