Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2021 10:57 AM
May 2021
The emperor grants Ye Jinxuan a reward for her success in creating the "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall" dish and she requests permission to use the name Ye Jiayao from this day forward. The emperor grants this request while also offering to officially bethroth Chunyu and Jiayao. The former, obviously elated and grateful, thanks the emperor and accepts his offer while the latter suffers a panic attack.

It's been less than 24 hours since Jiayao's name change and Chunyu is already calling her by the cute pet name, Yaoyao 🥺. He vows to make her happy and declares that he can't bare the thought of being separated from her again. Chunyu then gifts Jiayao the land rights to HH (which he's been planning since ep. 1) and officially announces their engagement - peep the Donkey Xia Cake being served at their banquet. Poor Jing, who is among the crowd, musters a faint painful smile before walking away.

Chunyu carrying Jiayao up onto the roof hime-chan style during HH's intimate dinner post-banquet was too precious and his nosebleed, I'm dead. Jing was noticeably absent from the dinner, however, which just made me feel for him all the more. I'm gutted that the producers of the donghua didn't give him some closure through a conversation with Jiayao and I'm disappointed that she seems to have forgotten about her dear friend.

Nevertheless, I'm sure we'll get to witness that conversation eventually as season 3 was officially announced after some lovely fanart!
XO2HKIMDec 25, 2021 9:53 PM
Dec 25, 2021 11:35 PM
Dec 2021
Poor Jing; this boy needs a hugz or two.
Hopefully Season 3 either gives him someone new or the drama ending.
Jan 2, 2022 5:30 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
subbed

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 6, 2022 2:30 AM
Apr 2019
I was surprised to see this is getting a 3rd season, I thought the main couple officially getting married was a pretty conclusive ending. I do hope that this next season gives some solace to Jing, to heal his heartbreak.
Jan 10, 2022 4:28 PM
Jan 2019
I can't wait to see them get married!
...again😏
Jan 16, 2022 9:16 AM
Mar 2019
For Me This Turned Into A Predictable Romance Based Donghua.
I Was Wishing For Something More Drama Instead Of Turning Into A Soppy Mess.
It Seemed A Rushed Happy Ending, F*** Jing Is What They Were Saying.
Starry Eyed MC Forgot Or Didn't Care.
Why Season 3??
bushman66Jan 16, 2022 9:20 AM
Aug 8, 2022 9:55 PM

May 2014
"No matter what happens from here on,"
"I, Xia Chunyu, will certainly make sure you're happy for the rest of your life."

Urgh. How long should I expect to wait before someone I really love would say that to me...
When I was a teenager, I thought that these lines were too generic and cheesy, 100% recycled most of the time and its just there for the swoons.
But now that I'm a little bit older and lonely, I realized there was a deeper meaning to it.. And that there is value in saying it.. The man really has
to say it upon proposing. Ahh how I really wish someone would say that to me gently and with loving eyes.. and hopefully if one day it happens..
I hope I really love that person truly and that person also loves me in the same way and we are both ready to spend the
rest of our lives together. Because honestly today, love is not like the movies. It's the worst especially if you've got the wrong person, it's going
to be so bad. Marriage could either make or mess with your whole life if it goes wrong.. so I am really happy to watch shows like this one..
at least even in fiction, through its characters, I can at least experience a happy ending.

I also would just like to add that I really admire how smart, dependable and prepared Xia Chunyu for all sorts of things (e.g. telling everyone that their relationship is just for show to keep her safe etc..) And to think that he already expects he would marry Jiayao later, he already made preparations bought the restaurant rights. This certainly is the whole embodiment of a husband material! He always thinks ahead.
violityAug 9, 2022 6:33 AM
Jan 6, 2023 1:00 AM

Jun 2020
Loved it! I binged both seasons. I grew up watching tvb ancient/palace dramas so I really enjoyed the first season & the whole undercover spy plot, I actually think if they stretched it out longer it would have been so interesting. I loved the tension & their dynamics then. But this is fine too, it’s really relaxing & light-hearted to watch. Xiao Jing never stood a chance poor boy, even in the ED she’s dreaming about Chun Yu hehe

The source material seems different from the few chapters I’ve read & Chun Yu seemed so problematic for reasons I’ll not get into. I’m glad they actually deviated from the source whether it’s for censorship or whatever, I think they adapted it well & made the characters so much more likeable.

Also Chun Yu is so HOT BYE

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 5, 2023 7:20 AM

Feb 2021
This last episode is quite a good ending but what will happen to the other prince? I think He will shown up in 3rd season.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2023 2:00 PM

May 2015
Poor Jing, he actually liked her even when he thought she was a he and was prepared to still pursue his love...

I'm glad that the main couple resolved their issues, but I hope Jing will find his happiness too.
Oct 31, 2023 2:04 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good end for this season
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meng Qi Shi Shen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

XO2HKIM - Nov 5, 2021

2 by Ten »»
May 3, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Meng Qi Shi Shen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

XO2HKIM - Dec 25, 2021

2 by YudiYusantoS »»
Feb 4, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Meng Qi Shi Shen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

XO2HKIM - Dec 18, 2021

4 by YudiYusantoS »»
Feb 4, 2023 7:44 AM

Poll: » Meng Qi Shi Shen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

XO2HKIM - Dec 12, 2021

2 by YudiYusantoS »»
Feb 4, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » Meng Qi Shi Shen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

XO2HKIM - Dec 4, 2021

3 by YudiYusantoS »»
Feb 4, 2023 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.