Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 12, 2022 12:57 PM
May 2021
Good that I'm watching ep 10 now and didn't back when it was airing lol
Mar 12, 2022 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
Just gave this a rewatch now next is out. I knew it was awesome but watching it again flooded back all those feels from first time I watched. I'm hoping next eps has a similar emotional impact after waiting so long. it might not top the action, but give me something new eps!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 12, 2022 5:52 PM
Mar 2021
just meet already mannn, why you gotta do this 😂
Mar 13, 2022 7:45 AM

May 2015
Ah yes self-destruction is always an option!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 14, 2022 11:33 AM

May 2016
I'm glad I waited and didn't watched this episode back then.
Mar 15, 2022 12:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
We had a couple week-to-week delays, and then the long 3-month delay after episode 10. Now episode 11 has finally aired a couple days ago, and I decided to re-watch this from episode 7 onwards.

I just wanted to drop by again and say, wow. This is some good stuff. I loved it when watching it the first time. Revisiting it, I love it even more. Now finally, on to episode 11: "Shin".

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 15, 2022 10:23 AM

Dec 2018
Here we go again... Everyone almost dead and it's looks like Shin old childhood friend firing the same missiles like before right??? The 'boss' Shin face so far are both Nouzen. Hope they all survive....

Apr 6, 2022 6:54 PM

Nov 2014
Yeap straight into Morpho......
The whole squad 1 by 1 got into trouble on the way to Morpho...
Anju fell into the side of the cliff when the landslide happened because of legions shooting. Anju choose to stay and hold the ground when asking Fido to give all of her Missile ammuniton to her. As the remaining squad kept going Explosion came from beihnd as Anju started her fight..

In the next part around abandoned city Theo destroying some pillar to block the way. He choose to stay behind too to hold the remaining Legion that chased after them and be the bait as the city was perfect place for him to act around his reignleif.

Next, when Morpho begun to raining some missiles, Kurena decided to stay on high ground to shoot a random shot to messing up with Morpho's rain of missiles and She could easily support them from higher place.

Continuing the chase, Raiden unfortunately got hitted by Morpho's missiles and lost his reignleif right leg. He also kinda wounded by protecting Frederica from the debris. Because of that he also stay. Frederica then went with Fido.

Before reaching Morpho, Fido stopped and close tha cart lid as Shin ordered. He ordered Fido to hide for now and bring Frederica back to federation if anything happen to him later.

Finally the awaited meeting between Balegyr and Morpho....
fight started as Morpho shoot his missile to Shin. With his superb mobility Shin just waving around and maneuvering in the battleground while shootign toward Morpho and evading his missile. With his dead-eye and Eerie smile, Shin smiling as the moment he really enjoyed the most as he can forget everything when he is in battle. Meanwhile hiding with Fido Frederica using her ability to watch their fight.

Fight continues, Shin kept maneuvering whe trying to get close to morpho to aim his weak point. Morpho/Kiriya was really impressed with Shin ability in the fight. Frederica realized that one of Shin capability was his short range offense and doing unusual impossible moves in feldreß including his short range shot. Then she also realized there are another person who had same perk like him and he was Kiriya. Realizing that She shouted that to Shin. Too bad it was kinda late, as Shin already caught in Kiriya moves.

As Morpho's gun already aimed at Shin, suddenly shot coming Raiden to divert his attention.He replied with shockwave missiles to Raiden.... His signal seems to lost after getting hit by that. In the meantime Shin also left with only one remaining ammunition magazine. Realizing almost all Morpho's weapon still active. Feeling in despair Shin tried to launch his final attack. Suddenly Morpho's got attacked by unknown force and unknown signal appear in Shin comms. Then.... "The Answer" tickin as familiar rain of mortar dropped into Morpho, sense of Dejavu haha... (We should already know who's this unknown help is :D). The Unknown Signal appeared again and we already could guess by "her" voice XD. They launched second wave of kinda flammable mortar and burning Morpho's surfaces. Shin tried to move away and making his battle stance to launch his final attack.

Just when Morpho's became more enraged with those attack, glimpse of his past came to his mind and suddenly a shot was triggered by non other that Frederica herself and made him stoned as she shouted him to stopped and reminding his past memories again. Second he stopped he became enraged again thinking Shin was making his precious princess a hostage. As he ignored Frederica's plead to stop Frederica pointed the gun into her own head. That surely made him confused. That the cue for Shin to launch his assault and went to straight to Morpho's brain to launch his final shot. Before The Shot fired Momentarily there was a glimpse of "whatif" situation when all nouzens alive and becoming Frederica Knights.

Shot fired... but unbeknownst to everybody Morpho got self-destruct system on.... and he exploded..... along with other..."probably" :)... and ending out in cliffhanger...

Yeap definitely "peak episode" for me
Both Kiriya and Frederica VA were doing a wonderful job here.The emotions especially despair and anger were greatly delivered.

Well.. there are 2 more "Peak episode" to go... can't wait!!!!!

Apr 11, 2022 6:40 AM
Oct 2019
What an EPIC Fight between Shin vs Kiriya for the last time.

that unknown help is obviously Lena right???

One of the best episode so far!
Everything is done so well, Thank You A-1 Pictures...
PEAK!!

damn you guys waiting 3 months for the Cruel Cliffhanger....
Apr 17, 2022 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
Fantastic episode with the 86 and Frederica, despite the odds stacked against them, being able to defeat Kiriya with the help of some 'unknown' third-party throwing some missiles. Rip Raiden, a true bro for self-sacrificing himself to help Shin, I hope the rest are still okay...

Jun 18, 2022 9:20 AM

Jul 2013
Lena to the rescue,wouldn't mistake that voice for anything.
Jul 16, 2022 6:00 AM
Jul 2022
Muito bom esse episódio
Sep 15, 2022 9:25 AM

Dec 2018
finally back on track with this episode. i wonder who if anyone is still alive though. if shin had done his job the first time around instead of being schizo, he'd have saved not just his crew but millions of lives. good job shin (shinji).
Sep 22, 2022 7:22 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Frederica saying "You've done well, my knight" and holding a gun to her head was peak comedy, can't get funnier than that. I seriously can't take her seriously whenever she appears on screen and I wish she would stop yelling ffs.
As much as I dislike her, her imaginary scene of Kiri, Rei and Shin was good :)
Those missiles were orders from Lena no doubt

Oct 12, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
choreography was good
Oct 31, 2022 2:18 PM

Feb 2018
What a sick battle this was. So is Shin ...? what's going on :S
Dec 13, 2022 2:57 AM

Dec 2021
There's no way that was Lena right OMG WILL THEY FINALLY MEET UGH ITS BEEN TOO LONG, they better meet each other ALIVE or i'm about to throw major hands.
This episode was absolutely perfect, loved it.
Jan 16, 2023 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know which story line is more tiresome Shin and his brother or the loli and her knight
Jan 16, 2023 6:21 PM

Jul 2019
Assassin2112 said:
I don't know which story line is more tiresome Shin and his brother or the loli and her knight
The two combining gives an equal amount of tiresome if there ain't already a large amount of it already. 

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jan 19, 2023 5:55 AM
Apr 2018
Insane amazing episode, best so far!
Jan 23, 2023 1:06 PM

Aug 2016
Amazing episode. I remember emotional weight from reading novel but I simply didn't feel such strong emotions back then. Even though it's basicaly word by word imagination into anime, voice acting, visuals, thrill and music does a lot. I didn't care for Kiri and Frederick maybe beside that one scene in novels, but in anime, they felt real.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2023 5:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Phenomenal episode, those feelings the LN wanted to convey, I felt them way more with this, just superb directing.
Vol.2-3 were not as good for vs Volume 1, but their execution on this season is nothing, if not OUSTANDING.

Seeing all Nouzen dudes together, surely Frederica knows how foolish such thoughts are, but still, hard not to feel invested in her character, she is one of the biggest improvements over the LNs, and that scene broke me, in all the right ways.
Apr 9, 2023 10:44 PM

Aug 2014
lol so that enemy barrage that came "out of nowhere" HOW?? Isn't the Legion supposed to be jamming anything air related? How are the brains being used from fallen soldiers still able to have some semblance of their past life? Kiri tried to stop Fred from killing herself shows that is the case and if that is the case, couldn't they choose not to fight? What the fuck is this anime? Inconsistent dribble.

Fred's powers are also so inconsistent. Her powers are just a constant source of convenient macguffin for this nonsensical story.
Apr 13, 2023 9:39 AM

Mar 2015
Intense episode. Everyone's been separated and Raiden's gone..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 5, 2023 5:29 PM
Jul 2019
Very touching episode.
Aug 6, 2023 4:26 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Super fast fight, but the ep was unexpectedly good. So is he rly gone now? I kinda thought there would be a Lena & Shin rematch. Guess she came to aid him even if she didn't know it was him?

Sep 16, 2023 6:09 AM

Aug 2014
Seeing Ferderica going "Kiri, Kiri" with the flashbacks playing really made me tear up. Absolutely wonderful episode.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 17, 2023 2:37 AM

Oct 2013
Ouch, very dramatic episode. They were getting eliminated one by one, except for Raiden who managed to return and do his last stand.

Very impressive and emotional episode, with spectacular fights and menacing finale.
Oct 7, 2023 11:28 PM
Dec 2020
Obra maestra. no tengo nada más que decir.
Oct 11, 2023 6:42 AM

Dec 2022
Artillery comes in clutch once again. You love to see it.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 6, 2023 2:59 AM

Aug 2014
So everyone is finally dead?
Kinda sad story with this Kiriya maybe he should have killed everyone afterall?

That arty tactics reminded me of Vladilena, maybe she survived or is a robot now?

I would like more inside of how the robots/ghosts started in the first place..

So far I liked first season more.. and ther is nothing much to say about previous episodes...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 15, 2023 10:12 AM

Jan 2019
Really disapppointed, I felt nothing watching this. Leaving the 86 behind one by one was super tropey and Kiri and Frederica just feels like a worse retelling of Shin and Rei.

Nov 27, 2023 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
If the artillery support came from who I think it did, that's such a badass way announce "I survivied".

Kind of prepared for the rest of Spearhead to be killed off as much as I don't want them to, but I'm just gonna use the fact that we didn't see their corpses as copium lol
Dec 16, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
Man that was heavy
Jan 24, 1:10 PM
Oct 2017
The moment that Adel says she is Augusta Frederica the Empress is interesting, it is always interesting to see people who act different to what their body tells you, and it was clear to me she was at one time an Empress, there must have been some weird phenomena or experiment she went through that made her become so young, perhaps she didn't want to grow so old but the experiment went too far?

Anyway, the way she acts and the way the group reacts towards her is interesting, she does seem to have child attitudes or emotional responses, probably due to the brain age that is back to start development, and the scene she says she is the Empress and Raiden answers is important, I usually have a lot of trouble with this kind of revelations between neurotypicals and how information is conveyed between them on a scene, if I don't say something explicitly, it is hard to know it was communicated or not. I think that what happened here is that Frederica said she was the Empress in an impulse to reveal she a big part in that war, and the reason their friends have died, Raiden then says that he doesn't know if she is the Empress or not, in that way he opens a discussion point where he accepts it is possible that she is an Empress after they how they have seen her act, but even if she is it doesn't matter, because they blame the republic, at least, they blame the republic more than her, I am guessing in this case that it is because the republic were the ones that put them all to work as soldiers in the first place, locking them out of their normal lives, while war is just war.

If I had been in the position Raiden was I would have tried to get angry because to me that would feel like a provocation, she is giving me someone to blame for and throw my anger at, if I was frustrated enough, I would have taken her on the offer and blame her for everything bad that happened to me, but I do not really feel quite that here, it is weird, I guess that considering there was some kindness shown by her Empire, I would be able to see the bigger picture, war is war, and the republic was the one that put me in those shoes. Finally, Raiden closes the conversation giving her a way out and back on her words, he says, how old were you 10 years ago? If Adel wants to go further with the truth, she can be specific, but if she sees it is not necessary and calms down, she can simply go back to her role of being just the daughter of Ernst, since that would make things easier to handle in the dynamics of the group, Adel chooses the latter and apologizes for being impulsive and trying to make herself a target of their anger when the truth is that for them the overall picture is very different.

At least, that is what I feel from this scene, I do like big reveals in stories but it always pisses me off when the characters always handle them so differently from what I would, so in this kind of scenes I really have to try really really hard to all the information that is conveyed through emotions rather than words, if anyone understood this scene differently or had issues understanding it, let me know, maybe we can look at it together, in that way we can make sure we are all up to date with the events the characters are aware of.
Feb 6, 11:19 PM
Oct 2017
This second of 86 is so fu°°ing MID! Like you had so many chances for good drama and growth, like making those characters of the main cast grow, explore more their lives as civils, that was a really important subject that was just passed by too quickly, the idea of fighting against the Major or probably to choose between the major and their new nation, the resistance the major would face by letting the 86 fight in the republic, the destruction of that stigma in the republic itself! or with the 86 gang, their status as 86ses and the stigma in their new army, but what do you do, what do you do you? WHAT DO YOU F**KING DO?

You either solve or pass by most of those issues, and dedicate most of the season about the "knight" of some brat that I dont even know and just gets anexed to the gang, she has no reason to be in the battlefield so they give her some bullshit reason then like being a pet or something, it was just so really really lame, and all episodes are focused on shin thinking about that stupid knight we never see and how he is similar to him and how much that kid liked him and blah blah blah, she even had some interesting backstory saying she was the empress somehow? i thought she had some sort of secret identity probably? but no, that didnt go anywhere barely major appeared at all in the season! and i only have two episodes left!

like seriously i am so f--king dissapointed, the previous season showed a lot of mature and interesting characters, it had that pain about war and slavery, but this season? this season has been completely shit, I don't care about Frederica and I don't care about her knight, sorry folks for venting with yall, i just had to get that ouf my system, ranting done
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2021

154 by Daegan17 »»
Apr 10, 11:37 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

526 by Ayame_ren »»
Apr 8, 1:03 PM

» Does anyone else feel like this season was a lot worse than season 1 ( 1 2 )

Cudlyyy - Jul 27, 2023

82 by Detector1977 »»
Mar 29, 6:38 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2021

208 by Tyon »»
Mar 5, 9:34 PM

» Season 2

Brittaman12 - Dec 17, 2023

28 by Warchiii »»
Feb 27, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.