Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2021 7:53 PM
Jun 2021
For those who have watched both, tell which one you liked more, ignoring the fact that selection project is copy of idoly pride. Give your opinions on the basis of the story, quality, music etc
Dec 24, 2021 9:09 PM
Jan 2020
writing: selection project

visuals: selection project

music: idoly pride (only slightly)

they're fairly different in my opinion though
arinthachDec 24, 2021 9:15 PM
Dec 24, 2021 10:37 PM
Jan 2021
Writing: Idoly Pride = Selection Project (you should also play Idoly Pride game and read Idoly Pride mangas, what is seen in the anime is only the surface for the story).

Visuals: Idoly Pride (the quality standard of Idoly Pride at Studio Hibari/Lerche with the quality standard of A-1 Pictures & CloverWorks' idol anime, is equivalent). Selection Project actually only won in its neat and slim CGI processing for the idol performances, but actually Idoly Pride has more rich animation performance, with camera works, by experimenting with complex compositions by combining hand-drawing dance animation and CGI dance animation. In addition, the background and art settings of Idoly Pride are superior.

Music: (Absolutely) Idoly Pride (even better than Love Live and Idolmaster).

Casts: Idoly Pride (Idoly Pride has the late Kanda Sayaka, Aikawa Kanata, Kanno Mai, Takao Kanon, TrySail members, and members of Sphere).

Sound Production: Idoly Pride (the BGM is "Rich," each feelings has its own score).
teofilusSWDec 24, 2021 10:55 PM
Dec 24, 2021 11:29 PM

Dec 2021
Writing:Idoly Pride

Visuals:Idoly Pride

Music:Idoly Pride especially the OPs and EDs

Casts:Idoly Pride with a rich variety of characters.

Sound:Idoly Pride
Dec 25, 2021 3:03 AM
Jun 2013
Selection Project has better music (but maybe Song for You is still better than anything from it). Idoly Pride has better everything else.
Dec 25, 2021 4:59 AM

Apr 2020
Idoly pride the writing, visual, and the cast are way better than selection project but if it's the voice, lyrics, beat and song It would be selection project cause for me "SuzuRena's" song is really catchy
Dec 25, 2021 9:58 AM

Mar 2014
Idoly Pride for me

Selection Project is more like it's copy tbh
Dec 28, 2021 1:51 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I only watched til ep 5 of Idoly Pride and place it on my "To Be Watch List"

Tho I also forgot about Selection Project til today and is marathoning it... lol

But from the first few episodes of both, they're both good.

Lots of ppls are saying how one is a copy of other, but ppls should notice by now that tons of Idol plots have already been used over decades of Idol Anime... so a lot of plots are now repeated. (similarly to how a lot of Shounen anime's battle plot is repeated... or how most Isekal male protag all seems to be all the same...)

Such as Idolmaster and Love Live pretty much used up most "school idol/ slice-of-life/ drama" plots (90% of all Love Live seasons is literally based on school issues and exact same main character drama...)

While kids Idol anime like Aikatsu and Pripara used up most kids plots that they're literally copying each other or reusing old plots from their earlier season, lol
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 29, 2021 2:42 PM
Jan 2021
amlg said:
TBH, I only watched til ep 5 of Idoly Pride and place it on my "To Be Watch List"

Tho I also forgot about Selection Project til today and is marathoning it... lol

Lots of ppls are saying how one is a copy of other, but ppls should notice by now that tons of Idol plots have already been used over decades of Idol Anime... so a lot of plots are now repeated. (similarly to how a lot of Shounen anime's battle plot is repeated... or how most Isekal male protag all seems to be all the same...)

Such as Idolmaster and Love Live pretty much used up most "school idol/ slice-of-life/ drama" plots (90% of all Love Live seasons is literally based on school issues and exact same main character drama...)

While kids Idol anime like Aikatsu and Pripara used up most kids plots that they're literally copying each other or reusing old plots from their earlier season, lol

Nah, that's a fact. In Japan, as long as it hasn't become a significant controversy, people don't mind it.

However, especially for the idol/music genre, there is one thing that is difficult to imitate each other; namely music production.

When producers say "yes, I'll bring some musicians," usually the musicians will bring works that are in accordance with the characteristics of their respective franchises.

And this is what really distinguishes 9-tie from 6 idols in Idoly Pride.

To be honest, the 9-tie here is more original, because it uses an up-beat music concept, which is more widely known in K-POP.

Idoly Pride, uses a strong J-POP concept, but in some groups, the roots of the concept are very visible from other franchises such as Love Live (Sunny Peace feels like a group from Love Live Sunshine, while Tsuki no Tempest also feels like Wake Up Girls and 22/7, only TRINITYAiLE and LizNoir don't really feel that much for this issue because after all, it's TrySail and Sphere, and they just have to continue what they've been doing so far).

But this discussion uses an exception, namely Nagase Mana (CV: the late Kanda Sayaka-san), it's really uniquely created together by Project IDOLY PRIDE with Tanaka Hidekazu-san from MONACA and Tansa really "a character that fits Kanda Sayaka-san's personality and legacy throughout her career" (after all, Rest in Peace Kanda Sayaka-san. MusicRay'n, Straight Edge, and QualiArts, has secured Nagase Mana until to a normal point).

(Actually, all Idoly Pride characters also have at least some components that are described based on its seiyuu idols, like Narumiya Suzu who is described as liking cats as much as Aikawa Kanata-san, or Shiraishi Saki who is described as intellectual and loves to read books just like Miyazawa Koharu-san, or in some scenarios, TRINITYAiLE's story feels like TrySail's backstage or behind the scenes videos, so yeah, thanks MusicRay'n).
Dec 29, 2021 10:55 PM

Dec 2021
teofilusSW said:
amlg said:

Nah, that's a fact. In Japan, as long as it hasn't become a significant controversy, people don't mind it.

However, especially for the idol/music genre, there is one thing that is difficult to imitate each other; namely music production.

When producers say "yes, I'll bring some musicians," usually the musicians will bring works that are in accordance with the characteristics of their respective franchises.

And this is what really distinguishes 9-tie from 6 idols in Idoly Pride.

To be honest, the 9-tie here is more original, because it uses an up-beat music concept, which is more widely known in K-POP.

Idoly Pride, uses a strong J-POP concept, but in some groups, the roots of the concept are very visible from other franchises such as Love Live (Sunny Peace feels like a group from Love Live Sunshine, while Tsuki no Tempest also feels like Wake Up Girls and 22/7, only TRINITYAiLE and LizNoir don't really feel that much for this issue because after all, it's TrySail and Sphere, and they just have to continue what they've been doing so far).

But this discussion uses an exception, namely Nagase Mana (CV: the late Kanda Sayaka-san), it's really uniquely created together by Project IDOLY PRIDE with Tanaka Hidekazu-san from MONACA and Tansa really "a character that fits Kanda Sayaka-san's personality and legacy throughout her career" (after all, Rest in Peace Kanda Sayaka-san. MusicRay'n, Straight Edge, and QualiArts, has secured Nagase Mana until to a normal point).

(Actually, all Idoly Pride characters also have at least some components that are described based on its seiyuu idols, like Narumiya Suzu who is described as liking cats as much as Aikawa Kanata-san, or Shiraishi Saki who is described as intellectual and loves to read books just like Miyazawa Koharu-san, or in some scenarios, TRINITYAiLE's story feels like TrySail's backstage or behind the scenes videos, so yeah, thanks MusicRay'n).

Yes music is one of the things Selection Project done differently and actually liked Akari's version of Only One Yell despite I have issues with how the character was treated along with the execution of the story which include the use of how to use the songs to feel the story.

Regarding the groups of Idoly Pride, sure Hoshimi Production have some iDOLM@STER feel at first but its only up to having a manager and being in an agency as the characters and the group have something to show through their songs and story. Its really up to the execution of important plot points and how to develop the characters which Idoly Pride did well on that.
Aug 7, 2022 3:15 PM
Apr 2020
I was considering giving Selection Project a substantial edge throughout the second half, but having seen the melodramatic garbage that was episodes 12-13, I'd give a slight edge to Idoly Pride.
Romax24245Oct 1, 2022 1:47 PM
Sep 14, 2022 9:54 PM

Dec 2015
Kanishq42069 said:
For those who have watched both, tell which one you liked more, ignoring the fact that selection project is copy of idoly pride. Give your opinions on the basis of the story, quality, music etc

I'm late because I only came here to know if 9-tie became a real group, unfortunately nothing since that youtube live.

About these 2 animes, first we must talk about Idoly Pride, and understand one thing, that anime the plot of the anime isn't idols, the anime is about romance and the idol theme is to reach the ending of a love story about Mana and Makino, so, the Idol theme isn't explored so much than on Selection Project.

They are amazing on they ways, but I prefer Idoly Pride because that was a amazing love story with incredible songs, but the 3D model on Selection Project it's on another level of perfection, that B.B clip was amazing.
Mar 8, 2023 4:29 AM

Nov 2013
IDK, man, i only watched SP. 
What i know, i'm fed up by the comments about IP in almost each comment, because i don't know what are those people talking about!

More topics from this board

» A quick question about the “Mixed Media” description for the “Source” field

RudeRedis - Aug 17, 2023

1 by ItsukaShido16 »»
Aug 18, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2021

104 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:13 PM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

53 by KOLDEET »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2021

55 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 7, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2021

34 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 5, 2023 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.