Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2021 7:26 PM

Jul 2011
Wild west anime girls just works in this special.

Going to a verdant japanese farm scenery to a desert just from line, is certainly a parody.

But the popcorn part is very informative.

See the girls girls riding horse was a good and fun change of pace.
And was some high roll for deception on the guns part.

The direction of Das Finale is really into this curing food minor plot.
Dec 25, 2021 6:57 PM

Nov 2013
This was even more entertaining than the movie itself.
It was great to see the girls riding horses in an old west setting.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 1, 2022 9:21 PM
Apr 2017
I like how the various departments have thier own lore and culture. Great to see the girls ride horses; WELL ANIMATED horses if I may add; horses were basically tanks before the invention of automobiles.

But man, continuity be damned for the school carrier

Either the Ooarai carrier has gotten larger or they've turned part of thier alpine forests into arid ones because in the original TV series, there is 0 indication the ship had a desert biome. From the pull out shot of Episode 1 to any of the wides of the ship or to the OVA showing us the model; 0 areas shown to be desert-like. All landmarks shown, such as the superstructure and guide wires indicate the region is around the mountainous mid-section but more towards the aft of the ship. It's a small detail and it's done much post-hoc to the original series, but I spent too long researching the logistics of the carrier I need to point this out.
Jan 2, 2022 5:25 AM

Oct 2016
where did you guys watch it? and is it subbed yet?
Jan 2, 2022 7:52 AM

Jul 2020
DMZMarshall said:
Either the Ooarai carrier has gotten larger or they've turned part of thier alpine forests into arid ones because in the original TV series, there is 0 indication the ship had a desert biome. From the pull out shot of Episode 1 to any of the wides of the ship or to the OVA showing us the model; 0 areas shown to be desert-like. All landmarks shown, such as the superstructure and guide wires indicate the region is around the mountainous mid-section but more towards the aft of the ship. It's a small detail and it's done much post-hoc to the original series, but I spent too long researching the logistics of the carrier I need to point this out.

You're not the only one who noticed! Another reviewer pointed this exact issue out (they did have fun watching the OVA, though), and suggest it might be a consequence of how long its been between the TV series and the present day.
Jan 4, 2022 10:09 AM

Jun 2020
Mummykun said:

Where did you watch it?
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Jan 4, 2022 12:50 PM
Jul 2019
All that for Belle who was stealing Radishes for her preserved snacks?????

Man, this special was certainly shitting us.
Jan 7, 2022 8:20 AM
Oct 2019
I think it's been forever since I last saw such a well-animated horse in an anime.
And it's not even an anime about horsey
Jan 7, 2022 10:50 PM

Feb 2021
When episode 2 will be releasing?
Jan 8, 2022 4:03 AM
Sep 2019
I have a link for the second episode raw, but of course, it can't be linked here in MAL
Jan 16, 2022 9:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Jane, a pretty Sheriff appears, new in the city, becaful people!!!
Jan 17, 2022 8:47 PM
Jan 2019
does anyone know the title of the song when Jane riding horse in the end?
Jan 18, 2022 1:38 PM
Jan 2019
DMZMarshall said:

But man, continuity be damned for the school carrier

I was just thinking the same thing, but even despite this the OVA is pretty good!
Jan 30, 2022 11:36 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mummykun said:
Amen. This anime just never fails to paint a stupid smile on my face.

God bless.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 2, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2020
Wasn't expecting this OVA to be a full on spaghetti western! Pleasantly surprised though, I'm a huge fan of westerns in general and this was a super fun special. Although, now it's just making me wish there were more full-on Wild West-era cowboy anime lol
Nov 16, 2022 11:32 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Mal likes to combine both entries into one entry

ep 1 is Girls & Panzer: Daikon War!
ep 2 is Fushou Akiyama Yukari no Sensha Kouza: Unique na Suiriku Ryouyou Sensha-hen
Jun 2, 2023 9:49 PM

Sep 2015
I was eating popcorn while watching the totally-not-natives making popcorn... this is such a shitpost ova
Oct 18, 2023 8:41 PM

Nov 2010
This OVA made me want to watch The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly movie. It's been on my watchlist forever. Haha!

Holy shit! They made a reference to the "Shane, Come back!" scene from the movie Shane 1953. Nishizumi should've called out to Jane while she was riding away for forgetting to do the School Resource Survey. Haha! No wonder that scene looked so familiar. This OVA earned an extra point for that!

The ED of them riding horses is so cute!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls & Panzer: Saishuushou Part 3 Specials Episode 2 Discussion

MizuhoKamui - Oct 18, 2023

0 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 18, 2023 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.