Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2021 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, a predictable but also flashy action packed finale with a lot of insert songs for the season finale. I mean, you got pretty much all the relevant cast in their mech fighting the good fight this time around.

They made this feel like a finale for sure though and...Yamato looked like he was having the time of his life.
Dec 24, 2021 5:31 AM

Jul 2017

Yamato looks kinda off, that's because of his attachment to Arshem. Reiji saved Jun with whatever power he has left, so there's that as well.

Everyone now knows about Commander Minami's position as an Dractor alien working for the humans to achieve the goal of peace, but man, what developments have they got it going, especially now with Minami's intel: her very own body. Teru is in a similar position because he had just lost Minami, and I don't really mind of Ryuugo didn't know anything bout the love between a Dractor alien and a human.

Vict and Tatsuo in their Rogue revised Musashi-0, it looked damn cool. But otherwise, the action remained the same as both Yamato and Reiji become more adaptable to the war against the Dractors, and the difference is night and day. As for Grieffas, he definitely looks set to take over Sidr. And there exists a child born within both Teru and Minami.

One of the better mecha shows that unfortunately will never get sub-licensed by any company because of Level-5, so this is a niche show all things considered to promote the game that bombed in Japan. Season 2 in Fall 2022, look forward to fansubs again.
KANLen09Dec 27, 2021 9:27 AM
Dec 24, 2021 3:03 PM

Dec 2010
So in the last minutes of the last episode of the season, they kill off the big bad Alien Queen by cutting off both of her arms and reveal the deceased body of Minami to be pregnant with Teru's baby. Goddamn the scriptwriters for this show have some crazy ideas, I'll give them that.
I also didn't expect Yamato to be so clearly in love with Arshem, considering he only really knew her for a very short time. What I didn't like that much was Grieffas' abnormally quick descend into madness. That went about a bit too fast in my opinion. Still a good 8/10 for me.
It seems the second season will keep us waiting for a while. I hope I'll still remember the plot by then.
Dec 27, 2021 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
next season will be good

Jun is alive thanks to Amemiyas psychokinesis power

Momoka might have a dark past eh

we got new characters helping Arshem

then the rebellion of Grieffas killing the queen

plus Teru is a father of Minamis child, a child of mixed race between human and dractor

Utilitarianism and the Trolley Problem

Dec 28, 2021 4:26 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Huh, some of the events that transpired in this episode were unexpected. From the queen's death to the alien-human baby, these factors will leave a mark towards the next season. As will the fact that Kirishima isn't dead now (Amemiya can revive people?) and Arshem got new mysterious allies (how do you build a mecha from a random factory in the desert?).

As it stands, the biggest detriments this show has are the fact that it wasn't licensed to be English subbed (thanks Level-5) and it's dumb as times dialogue that breaks the atmosphere. Otherwise, the cgi looked very decent, especially in the fights, the cast was somewhat varied and the story comes as a not as bad mix of Evangelion without depression and The Truman Show.

Hopefully things start looking up towards next time.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 28, 2021 6:35 PM
Jan 2018
Zombie babies for the win! Also, thank you Yamato for choosing not to be a pacifist. Those guys are the worst. Solid 8 out of 10 for this show. Hopefully season 2 is even better.
Jun 12, 2022 7:08 PM

Mar 2013
This was a very pleasant surprise. I loved it. The first few episodes move quite quickly with these bunch of teenagers finding out the truth about the city they live in minutes or just by asking someone, but the second half is really good and most of the development is very interesting.

The series doesn't have anything revolutionary or innovative. In fact, it follows a strict formula already established by Macross, Ideon, Majestic Prince and so many other mecha shows before it. But it also seems to be receiving the baton of Getter Robo, Mazinger and the Brave shows from the 90s.

-Aliens that are actually cousins to humans? Check
-Alien protagonist trying to understandeachother.exe? Check
-Delinquent cocky protagonist who has hidden powers that allow him to pilot perfectly? Check
-Sad character deaths? Check
-Screaming the names of attacks? Check

Level-5 and their teams have something truly special with this and I wish them the best with it. I'll definitely buy the game at some point and I can't wait for season 2.

9/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

11 by dhell26 »»
Apr 4, 3:35 PM

» Coming Soon on Crunchyroll Worldwide

removed-user - Mar 28

3 by InNeedOfAName »»
Mar 28, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

7 by Rei_III »»
Oct 23, 2022 11:32 AM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2021

20 by Rei_III »»
Oct 23, 2022 6:28 AM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

8 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.