Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2022 4:47 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Alrighty. Show's over. So I oddly liked this anime. There were parts that I straight up despised, but the girls all go so well together that it's hard for me not to have a good feeling when it comes to them. I've loved how they changed an everything. My gripes are mostly:

1) Sena giving up her spot for Suzune. This will always be my huge gripe. If there was something a little more worthwhile with Sena coming back then I might have swallowed this pill a little easier. However, we only really got some shots of Sena looking on from afar and commenting every now and then. That was disappointing.

2) Honestly, some aspects written about Suzune's condition just did feel very well done. I think it's cool to try to have a character who is working around their disabilities to achieve their dreams, but some of the aspects that came out of that didn't feel rewarding at all. Sena giving up her spot for Suzune, even though Suzune was already trying to throw in the towel? That did not feel rewarding at all. Suzune trying to heal while everyone's... honestly not really putting her health first and trying to push her on stage? Not very rewarding when she gets on stage looking better than ever. Like, it just feels like everything relating to Suzune's condition just brought out all the worst elements of the show. Like every part of the show I didn't like is linked to Suzune's condition.

Other than that, amazing visuals, nice music (definitely grew on me), nice character interactions, decent character designs, and a relatively good run. I actually loved anything that wasn't focused on Suzune's condition. Seriously. Parts within the plot came together well. There were parts that made me even think, "Oh shoot. That's a good point". Like, I was all for them creating their own idol group independently, but I actually never considered how the other idols were feeling (like the others gave up a chance they could have had).

I also was pleased to see the way the voting played out. It's an infamous part of reality shows like Survivor. I was expecting some other conclusion to that at first, but I was pretty darn satisfied to see that everyone was disqualified. 'None of that cutesy friendship stuff in the industry, yo'. And I respected that. I even thought it was still realistic that they'd call them back in once they were starting to make waves. Gotta cash in on that potential money, after all.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 2, 2022 12:52 PM
Aug 2017
It was just beautiful. I have never felt like crying so many times like I did while I was watching the last two episodes of the show. Like, it was so heartwarming seeing Sumipanda making time for the girls, and the CEO herself wanting to support and protect them in person was so wholesome.

I'm a sucker for Idol Anime, and even though this one looked promising from the start, I wouldn't have thought how great it will turn out.

I love Selection Project and Idoly Pride both just the same.
Apr 6, 2022 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the ending. It is good to see that after the unnecessary drama with Suzune in the last two episodes. This is what episode 12 should have been really. It was a good idol Anime. I don't like all the girls equally, but I like most of them for the most part... 2-3 of them were more focused on certain things than being an idol to be quite honest (food or being an older sister). This bugged me a bit while watching the Anime.
Jun 3, 2022 9:36 AM

Apr 2011
It all ends well in the end. I'm happy.

I'm glad that Suzune's problem isn't her heart but just overworked. Its enjoyable until the end even though it has some similarities with Idoly Pride.

The series ended nicely. I dunno if there's a possibility of a sequel but I feel like there's no more than this.
Aug 7, 2022 9:24 AM
Apr 2020
All the girls wait on stage, shouting from the broadcast, calling for Suzune to wake up and get on stage with them. Meanwhile, Suzune meets with the spirit of Akari, who converses and gives her some wise words of encouragement. Thanks to Akari's pep talk, Suzune is able to wake up from her exhaustion induced slumber, feeling more energized than ever. Back on the stage, the performers remain to make the heartbreaking announcement that SuzuRena won't be performing for this occasion. Unfortunately for them, the number of yells they produced was only half of their goal. 9-Tie are about to be disqualified yet again, when suddenly, SuzuRena rises to the stage to give one last performance. They were able to raise a lot more yells, but alas, it wasn't enough. Even with the help of Akari Ex Machina,  9-Tie was disqualified anyway. All the girls go back to their separate homes.

Fast forward several segments of all the girls with their families, SuzuRena and the gals have returned to meet up with their new production company. To their surprise, Miss Dorm Mom has signed them on in Production Select, and Sumipanda dude has become their manager. For their grand debut, the company decides to give them one more shot to make it past the 2,000,000 yells mark; and ultimately, they do. All the girls are rewarded with a bouquet of flowers each, and they celebrate the beginning of a new venture as a full-blown idol group.

I got to say, the way this show wrapped things up near the end was very reminiscent of Super Cub episode 11... because good Mana did this show trip up badly in the last two episodes. Seriously, what kind of cheap, contrived piece of half-assery was that?

There's a good lot to address here. When Suzune was hospitalized for exhaustion on the very day 9-Tie was supposed to perform, why didn't the showrunners consider rescheduling? The whole drama could've easily been resolved if they had a grasp on the concept of postponement. To make matters worse, all the other girls were more concerned with rushing her back onto the stage than making sure she was in good health. The resolution to this drama wasn't any better; Suzune wakes up feeling energized out of nowhere due to reasons that cannot be explained beyond plot armor bullshit in the form of Akari Ex Machina, and SuzuRena are able to rush back from the hospital and onto the stage for one last performance... considering how they all handled this situation, the performers and especially the production team got off really lucky. Almost everything about the events surrounding episodes 12-13 just reeked of contrived writing.

To put out a few positives, Selection Project did a very good job at fleshing out the supporting cast, and the direction it took with the girls "sticking it to the man" and forming their own group was a fairly unique turning point, easily the best thing the show has ever done. The way they handled the "heart surgery" thing wasn't that bad either. Selection Project was overall an okay idol drama show, and it could've easily given me a good case for scoring a high 7 had the show been able to stick the landing in the end, but that going to take a hit.

5/10
Romax24245Aug 2, 2023 2:29 PM
Mar 7, 2023 4:14 PM

Nov 2013
Meh... Who cares.
Last few episodes after show cancellation were super-boring, cringey and dragged. I don't wanna talk anything about whole heart problems mockery. What's the point?
I would like to see real show with eliminations and strong rivalry, not this MLP bullshit.
I love Shiori and appreciate how they input her in GapsCaps, but i think her potential never was unleashed at 100%.
I hate this ending, especially because i was really hyped by the first 6-7 episodes. Extremely dissapointing second half.
On the other hand, CGI performances look gorgeous and technology is really getting better and better with years. Just watch first Aikatsu CG after this, you'll be traumatized.
GvendolineMar 17, 2023 11:12 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A quick question about the “Mixed Media” description for the “Source” field

RudeRedis - Aug 17, 2023

1 by ItsukaShido16 »»
Aug 18, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2021

104 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:13 PM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

53 by KOLDEET »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Idoly Pride vs Selection Project

Kanishq42069 - Dec 24, 2021

12 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 8, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2021

34 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 5, 2023 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.