Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 25, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
I thought this is gonna like Seirei Gensuki, where the ending was actually not the ending since there's part two in a few months for SG. But, IT'S ACTUALLY HAVE ONE EPISODE LEFT?
I don't read past Vol 1 of the novel, but I can tell you guys the novel actually quite chill, just like the title says the series is a slow life series. Heck, the anime even skip the story from the demon lord perspective regarding the so called "The War" was a weird to me. Well, unless they include that at the end of episode 13, so that we can get Part 2 or second season for this series, to end this "Blessing" dilemma of [What's a Hero], [What's a Blessing] thing.
Dec 25, 2021 1:35 PM
Feb 2021
Oh shit what an episode this was hype as fuck
Dec 27, 2021 5:16 PM

Apr 2017
There are many things bothering me about what's happening here despite considering it a really good episode.
First off, (and I'll ignore the needless visual antagonization of Ares) wasn't the premise that humanity is endangered by the demon lord, even if Ruti wants to just live a peaceful life, there's no point in even trying if everyone's going to be killed. She says she has to fight for those whose face she has never seen (which I think is in of itself good enough) but she is also defending everyone she cares about by being the hero. Rit's rebuttal to Theodora's beliefs just dissects her simplistic thinking of equating a person to their Blessing, it doesn't speak to the real problem here. The god is foolish for giving the power to someone who doesn't want it? Maybe, but you should still be grateful you have the means to fight back, equating humanity's fate to a single human's wishes is selfish and arbitrary but if that's the stance she wants to take that's fine, what I'm worried about is how the storyline doesn't actually seem to even think about the implications of refusing the Hero's duties and forcing this incoherent idea of not having to follow one's already set "destiny" in a setting where there is quite literally no other choice.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Dec 27, 2021 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
impressively the most intense episode!
hope Tisse is not dead!
VA Takao Kanon could also make a low pitch voice for serious Rit huh...
5/5.

Dec 27, 2021 11:16 PM
Feb 2021
this is why i've given up on isekai's because they're all so fucking shit and full of plotholes. that demon literally said she wouldn't awaken the first hero if gideon didn't die but look at her now. and why did the demon even know how to unlock the fucking sacred avenger or whatever. why does this piece of shit show even have an action plot in the first place. this is exactly why i like isekai's with op mc's because there's no unnecessary drama and its just annoying to watch something like this. why the fuck do so many 12 episode shows have to end with some drama boss shitty fight its so fucking stupid and it ruins the entire experience when a slice of life turns into shitty drama. and why the actual fuck did he save that crusader bitch when she literally helped kill him. i hope this series burns in hell fucking stupid retards
Dec 28, 2021 8:36 PM

Jul 2019
Oh snap, this episode was pretty good in terms of fighting stuff. I like the last animation for the fight tho, I dunno about the others tho, they were alright tho at least.

I like the philosophy here too. Although it is just touched upon instead of being expanded into absurdity, it is still something I found noteworthy, I don't see a lot of anime do something similar as such so it is cool that in a "generic isekai" something as such is done.

This thread has some interesting responses tho, makes me think a little about what I saw. Really, this anime is super good.
Dec 29, 2021 3:27 AM

Jun 2021
I need a Season 2, today we will have the last episode :(
Dec 31, 2021 9:49 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Why would Shisandan want Ruti to develop the true Hero form? To have his enemy strongest than ever?? :_D This is too messy, some characters switched faction with no valid reason, I would have preferred this to be more SoL and less action packed.
Jan 3, 2022 12:50 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, why are we only getting action from Danan the Tank now :D mf went Hokuto no Ken on Shisandan and Ares with only a left arm.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 9, 2022 5:56 AM

Apr 2020
some one just tell me
why the HELL A Demon want ruti to be a Hero
isnt it good for him that she is giving up on being a hero
Jan 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Nov 2014
well... missed the slow life parts esp RedRit dailies XD.
somehow this become more action packed to move the plot. The ruin seems like a Post Apocalyptic sites, this made me even more curious about the background of this, reminding me of Tales of Arises setup.

Somehow Theodora turns against Ruti, some fights happen. Danan spirits was really dope tho, Red & Rit still showed some guts too.

Most satisfying things here is to see Ares get slashed to die by Red. Pretty satisfying by choping his hands first to remove his ability to cast a magic and end his misery with final slash XD. and OFC not forgetting Mrs. Crawly Rawly spotlight in this fight.

It seems demon blessing that affecting Ruti made her became even more stronger at her demon blessing side even though weakening her hero blessing side. Her enraged face as she beat the shit of Shinsandan out was good too, too bad he got a chance to let her hold the cursed weapon and getting her possesed.

As She getting possessed by the sword, she even tried to kill Red and ended up slashing Tisse who protecting Red....that ended up in cliffhanger. I hope she'll be fine :3...

Finally, really Excited for the final episode, can't wait to see it..
r16fourarmJan 17, 2022 6:01 PM
Feb 10, 2022 10:39 PM
Oct 2019
this episode was a mess
Feb 13, 2022 5:00 AM

Sep 2011
It took 12 episodes to kill that bastard.

Feb 16, 2022 7:21 AM

Nov 2017
Game over, Ares!~ It could've been a lot worse, but I gotta hand it to ya, you failed at your goal and you had enough life in you to see that
Feb 22, 2022 6:16 AM

Jul 2014
Man, action really isn't the strong point of this series. Starting with the lack of impact in Danan's punches at the beginning and then how it was hard to follow the action in the big fight.

That dragon getting randomly beheaded by Ruti's whirlwind was hilarious.

I can't believe it took me until this last couple of episode to realize that Ruti is voiced by Naomi Oozora ha. I guess I needed a couple of episodes where she talked more.

I love how Godwin is a villain with principles haha.

Theodora wtf! I mean, I get her point but it was so sudden.

Danan best bro!

They finally shut Ares' mouth (and removed a pair of hands)! My god that was satisfying, what an insufferable villain.

Tisse nooooooooooooooo
Mar 12, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2011
No! Not Tisse!

At least that damn Ares is finally dead.

The episode was intense. Only one episode left.
Apr 8, 2022 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Stepping on Mr Crawly Wawly definitely raised 'certain death' flag for Ares, glad to see that delusional trash has been put to an end.

May 10, 2022 10:58 AM
Jan 2018
the episode explained what happened to ruti lol .

1.touch the sword
2.lose Gideon (which she thought she did when ares made room or lift fall )
Jul 15, 2022 3:23 AM

Jan 2020
This episode sucked. Ares is probably one of the most uninspiring and stupidest villains I have seen in anime. Can we go back to Rit and Gideon's romance please?
Jul 16, 2022 3:42 PM

Dec 2020
Danan just punching the shit out of the demon lmao
Godwin being goofy AF trying to help lol

I hate spiders but Ares just smoothing him. Mannnn this guy. Glad he's dead. But it also shows how bad these blessings are combined with the teachings and thoughts of fate and following the paths set for you.
Oct 4, 2022 3:27 AM

Feb 2018
Yo wtf, was that the Genshin Impact statue of seven healing sfx when that guy took that sword at 9:06?
PenguinuOct 5, 2022 2:25 AM

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 16, 2023 3:51 PM
Jun 2015
phantomfandom said:
Am I the only one who think it's not fun anymore when it's not slice of life?
I'm only watching it now and I agree. This drama feels meaningless and boring. All I care is the MC's relationship and the slice of life aspect of it. The rest feels dull and, sometimes, a bit cringe.
Apr 18, 2023 10:40 PM

Nov 2016
I was really enjoying the slice of life aspect of the show. I feel like the show is struggling to make much sense of what's going on with this action/drama part. So confused on many things. Why is Shisandan wanting Ruti to become her true hero form? You'd think that he would want to prevent it at all cost. Then you have Theodora turning on them by fighting for Ruti to fulfill her role as the Hero. But she said not too long ago that people have free will so they should be able to live how they want, not by their blessing. I guess it was done for the element of surprise or Ruti is an exception to that logic for her since it's the Hero after all. Regardless the execution of it felt really weird. Shisandan was a complete mystery to me the entire time.
FlashoftheBladeApr 18, 2023 10:45 PM
Dec 30, 2023 12:08 AM
Jun 2012
The hero Tisse rises up again!
Mar 31, 4:03 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to phantomfandom
Am I the only one who think it's not fun anymore when it's not slice of life?
@phantomfandom I m late asf but yeah I agree. Slice of life made this anime so relaxing and chilly. As long as these action episodes just stay episodes between the s.o.l. episodes I don t mind tho. I just watch the whole show for that genre :)
Apr 8, 8:13 AM
Aug 2023
Sorry, but Ares' defeat wasn't satisfying. The problem is Ares was now too insane and too over the top that defeating him wasn't meaningful. He bloody stepped on the spider, and even the drug making bad guy attacked him, and called him a villain. It's too much, it feels like he's not a credible character anymore, he's like a cardboard cut out of Ares that the show wants us to think is the same Ares from before. All they did was cut the carboard cutout in half, and cheered like they defeating something meaningful. Compare Ares' insanity to Theodora's betrayal, Theodora's betrayal was more credible and meaningful because she wasn't insane, she had a motive and reasoning (as weak as it was) that Ruti had to fulfill her role assigned to her as hero, it wasn't something as ludicrous as Ares thinking Ruti will join Ares after he kills Red, that's just insane to think that. Ares wasn't so much as defeated as he was just written out of the story, which started to happen when he started to look visibly insane, around the time when Albert hooked up with him and Theodora. Lets take a look at one more comparison, this defeat of Ares vs when Ruti punch a hole in him, and then healed him thereby traumatizing him...which felt more satisfying? I would say when Ruti punched a hole in him because he was sane at the time, and his motivations was understandable and not over the top.

I too would rather get back to the slice of life episodes focused on the character's relationships with each other. This main storyline stuff is confusing, doesn't even make much sense, and I kind of don't care about it. It's sort of like how the townsfolks rebelling against the guards arc with the drugs kind of didn't make sense, and I didn't really care about.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2021

102 by LuciferIAm »»
Apr 18, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2021

149 by Zzz168 »»
Apr 15, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

81 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

88 by S-Lumiere »»
Apr 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

69 by AeriiKMilky »»
Jan 27, 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.