Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2010 3:30 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was... Interesting...

Annoying tsundere is annoying.
ShotshotsApr 8, 2010 6:26 PM
Apr 6, 2010 7:06 PM

Apr 2010
I liked the 1st ep. I like the fact that Takumi's pretty much on to Fumino and Chise's tsundere acts, which isn't usually true of most male harem leads. Animation was alright, but the characters are cute. Story seems interesting enough to pick up for the rest of the season. Looking forward to To Love-Ru crossover appearances

However, this show has one of the worst OP songs I've heard in a while. I was about ready to throw something at my computer. Ending song was meh, but better than the OP.

Who is supposed to be the "implied couple" of this story?" I realize it's a harem and all, but usually these stories at least point to one possible couple as the "main one".
ironchapmanApr 6, 2010 7:09 PM
"Don't worry girls, explosions fix everything!" --Nabeshin (the Excel Saga one)
Apr 6, 2010 7:19 PM

Dec 2009
Yay, can't wait until this is subbed, it looks pretty good raw and it is my highest hope for this season considering I loved To-Love-Ru. Also, I think the main relationship is with either the Neko or the Tsundere, at least that's what I'm getting.
Apr 6, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
Racci said:
Yay, can't wait until this is subbed, it looks pretty good raw and it is my highest hope for this season considering I loved To-Love-Ru. Also, I think the main relationship is with either the Neko or the Tsundere, at least that's what I'm getting.

Yeah, I've got high hopes for the series, too. Looks like it could be a Sora no Otoshimono or To Love-Ru show to me, which is a good goal to shoot for, IMO.

Also, I was thinking it would be the neko or Fumino. This ep and the PV seemed to focus on Fumino's relationship with Takumi, but the Neko could overtake her, I suppose.
Apr 6, 2010 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
Thanks Japan for making another shitty and generic harem series, dropped.
Apr 7, 2010 12:28 AM

Oct 2009
Amazingly cute and fresh to me! I loved! Especially Fumino Serizawa since I have ID cards of the club featuring her! She is so cute and so adorable I would take her anytime but alas I took Sawako already.....only one love. Chise Umenomori is also cute in the series that I tend to lean forward to like as a character.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 7, 2010 12:33 AM

Apr 2009
Eh, I didn't have any expectations for this to begin with, but it's... well, I'll just say it's below average. Oh well, I'll still probably check it out for one or two more episodes.
Apr 7, 2010 12:42 AM

Mar 2010
that tsundere girl is annoying as hell.
Apr 7, 2010 12:42 AM

Nov 2008
-Hei- said:

Here's an idea idiot, if you don't like harem series then don't pick it up to begin with,.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Apr 7, 2010 12:54 AM

Feb 2008
Serizawa Fumino is some kind of super-tsundere? I usually adore tsunderes but she was just way over the top. Takumi seems like a rather well put together character though, so maybe he'll keep her in check and save this from devolving into something awful.

I'll give this another episode but the first one wasn't exactly awesome; generic, otaku-oriented and poorly animated are the key words of the day.

Oh, the irony of Azunyan's first words being "Nyaa~". Is it wrong I recognized her voice from just that?
Apr 7, 2010 12:58 AM

Jun 2009
Swiftstylez said:
-Hei- said:

Here's an idea idiot, if you don't like harem series then don't pick it up to begin with,.

umad?.jpg
Apr 7, 2010 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
ReaperEXE said:
Eh, I didn't have any expectations for this to begin with, but it's... well, I'll just say it's below average. Oh well, I'll still probably check it out for one or two more episodes.

That's about it. No real scenario at all except people running around. Fast messy pace and over the top characters. I'll watch another episode or two but it's first on the list for possible drop.
Apr 7, 2010 1:44 AM

Apr 2010
1054 said:
that tsundere girl is annoying as hell.
Since there are arguably two of them, which one? I take it you mean Chise, though.
Apr 7, 2010 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
This was so bad, there were like only one and a half good scenes in it.
Maybe I should have just closed my eyes and imagined Saten was my Tsundere-girlfriend ...
kuroshiroi said:
I usually adore tsunderes but she was just way over the top.

^this.
Randomly thrown in references did not have impact as well. It kind of sounds like the seiyuu were being told "Make exactly the voice of <...>", they're riding on the popularity of other characters. Most but Indexlouise and Maid-Kuroko
Apr 7, 2010 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
it wasnt that bad i would give it a 4/5

they are sure lots of Neko/Harem the last season like Nyan Koi, Omamori Himari and now this :x
Apr 7, 2010 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
The best part was the Hidamari Sketch part.
For a second I thought I heard Tomoki; I almost killed myself then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2010 2:19 AM
Jul 2008
Below average introduction episode... hopefully it can only go up.
Apr 7, 2010 2:49 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know why but I liked this ep.

I lol'd how the voice actor for Azusa from K-ON plays a cat in this anime too.

Fumino's voice sounds really familiar to me, but I've never seen any shows that her VA has been in. @_@ It's weird

And I agree, the OP song was just terrible.
Apr 7, 2010 3:13 AM

Aug 2008
The OP is definitely the worst OP (or even ED) from the last year or so... The episode wasn't much better either...

Easily the worst first episode of an anime this season so far... All characters were annoying, and the male lead had nothing special about him whatsoever...

Though surely the anime can only get better, as getting worse is close to impossible...
Apr 7, 2010 3:53 AM

Apr 2009
Not very good, but I might keep watching some more due to DAT ZETTAI RYOUKAI.

But seriously, not a great start.
Apr 7, 2010 4:14 AM

Aug 2008
Average start, nothing too special, except I'd have to admit I laughed at the chicken part. And why am I not surprised that they got Taketatsu Ayana to do her trademark "Nyan~"?

One reason why I'll continue is to see who the canon heroine will be, because it's normally easy to tell which one it is, but not so much for this.

P.S. Satou and Suzuki were awesome.
Apr 7, 2010 5:37 AM

Jul 2009
Hey not bad, i like Fumino already
Apr 7, 2010 5:38 AM

Dec 2007
Another harem with cats. Cool.
Apr 7, 2010 5:45 AM
Feb 2008
haiz.. disappointment… the voice actress, Itou Kanae, totally dun fit the character Fumino.
Apr 7, 2010 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty much an inversion of the first part of the manga's first chapter where Nozomi is introduced at the end instead of the beginning.

As for pairings Takumi/Fumino is pretty much going to be the main one I feel, although Fumino is pretty high on the Dere scale.
Apr 7, 2010 7:01 AM

Aug 2008
Terrible, just terrible. Tayutama MkII

Monad said:
No real scenario at all except people running around. Fast messy pace and over the top characters.
Apr 7, 2010 7:11 AM
Jan 2010
Lead female character (Fumino) is incredibly annoying, a totally freaked out tsundere behavior with almost no logical reason for hitting/yelling/scolding the lead male character, and some of her subordinates. A tad bit clumsy introduction. We'll see how it goes in the next episode. (Looking forward to the cat girl.)

EDIT - More extreme comments, after reconsideration.
ConfidentialApr 7, 2010 7:41 AM
Apr 7, 2010 7:20 AM

Mar 2008
Just so happens I read the first chapter last week, and it sorta didnt interest me or didnt give me the motivation to go on from there. Mainly due the unrealistic characters in his class (I dont mean the cat/s) and his super violent friend who beats him up for stupid reasons which makes me very frustrated she can do that *as a friend*. I wouldnt call her a friend one bit!.

But in saying that, should I check the anime out still ? O_o
MarlsApr 7, 2010 7:25 AM
Coming soon!
Apr 7, 2010 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
First scene and I'm already going "why did I choose to watch this?" >.>
Then again, second scene and I'm kinda going "oh well, maybe it's worth it" xD
There's pantsu and nosebleeds, guess that's enough to make it worthwhile?
Or not, but still, might be worth it. Or I could be completely wrong and this turns out to be complete crap.
Yet another 'then again', the cast is pretty good : >
Besides.. Cats. Last cat-based anime was Nyan Koi!, and that was fun, so why not? No wait, last one was Omamori Himari, but that one was a disappointment >.>
OH WELL, this might be worth it, or it might not.
[/rant]
Also, that striped gray cat is fat xD.
OP/ED sucked though, as usual for anime these days. (Except for the epic ones)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 7, 2010 7:48 AM
Jan 2010
Oosran said:
]Last cat-based anime was Nyan Koi!, and that was fun, so why not?] No wait, last one was Omamori Himari, but that one was a disappointment >.>

Ditto, both on Omamori Himari and Nyan Koi!
Apr 7, 2010 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Since I'm reading the manga I decided to give this a try. I thought it was OK. It is nothing I have not seen before. But I'll just watch it for now.

I'm left wondering which adaptation is more closely following the novel. The manga and anime versions of how Nozomi came are somewhat different.

Also the voices are not what I had imagined them to be. It will take me some time to get used to them.
Apr 7, 2010 8:20 AM

Jan 2010
I don't know why I'm entertained by this but I am.
Ok™
Apr 7, 2010 8:30 AM

Oct 2009
The cat is the only motivation for me to attempt at this another possibly generic harem series. Downloadin' dat episode.
Apr 7, 2010 9:35 AM
Jan 2010
havsie said:
I don't know why I'm entertained by this but I am.

idem
Apr 7, 2010 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
all i can say is that this show is too annoying.
Apr 7, 2010 11:04 AM
Dec 2008
Ousto said:

Fumino's voice sounds really familiar to me, but I've never seen any shows that her VA has been in. @_@ It's weird

Fumino = Saten from Railgun.

Typical average harem with cat gimmick. Also... Index voice :D
Apr 7, 2010 11:07 AM

Aug 2009
Confidential said:
Lead female character (Fumino) is incredibly annoying, a totally freaked out tsundere behavior with almost no logical reason for hitting/yelling/scolding the lead male character, and some of her subordinates.

Actually, the one thing that was interesting about this show was that they explained why she acts that way. It wasn't a "great" explanation but when you go through years of the tsundere smacking around the main for no real logical reason, the fact that they actually took five minutes to give something to her behavior is like "whoa."

Anyway, this wasn't great but it was entertaining. Actually, I thought there would be way more fanservice but the panties:scene ratio was surprisingly low. I didn't lol, but I did think "oh that's kinda funny." Fumino is way too much of a tsundere though. I really like teh tsundere and all, but this is like to an unnatural level. I think I'll follow this if there's nothing else to watch on Wednesdays. It'll hold me over until Nyan Koi S2 which really needs to hurry up and start.

Gotta love the Zettai Ryouki.

(Lol at the Shounen JUMP motto on the school)
Apr 7, 2010 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
Not bad - I was planning to drop it after watching 1 ep, but it seems that I'll continue with this one.
Though Chise is so damn annoying... almost as irritating as Taiga (Toradora!)...

Apr 7, 2010 11:23 AM

Jun 2007
What is this I don't even
Apr 7, 2010 12:32 PM
Dec 2009
I liked it, the jokes were quick but not over bearing. From when the one guy was trying to make up for saying something about the main girl's panties (the "Stri.. shi.. stripe") to the "Die twice" and constant lying who knows what she really means. It was a good episode.

EDIT: Speaking of "Toradora" did anyone else here the same voice actor for Minori in the red-haired girl?
Apr 7, 2010 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
From this first episode I am going to evaluate a response in reflection to other harem series. Of-course I do not know how the rest of this series will be, but I was sufficiently bored to give a mental estimation.

Instead of using vocabulary that include "generic" words of the sort, I will use to a picture to express my reaction to this episode.

Apr 7, 2010 12:54 PM

May 2007
Mathes said:
What is this I don't even

Allow me to help you with that.

Apr 7, 2010 12:54 PM

Feb 2009
Impressions so far:

OP/ED sucked.
Fumino is annoying.
Ieyasu is funny.
Chise's maids are funny.
Catgirl is cute.

And considering i didn't very much enjoy this first episode I'll give it 6/10 for now with possibility for rising or reducing 1 point as the show goes on.
ChaosLegionApr 7, 2010 12:59 PM

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 7, 2010 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
The only really good part was the Nyah~ at the end.
Apr 7, 2010 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
Dunno why but i enjoyed this ep. But really the opening sucks. ;p

Oh and the Nya~ part was cute ^^
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Apr 7, 2010 1:25 PM

Jun 2009
Different from manga, but it was still enjoyable.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 7, 2010 1:27 PM

Jan 2010
bookkid900 said:
EDIT: Speaking of "Toradora" did anyone else here the same voice actor for Minori in the red-haired girl?

Yea Horie Yui voices Naruko Kanae (Fumino's closest friend) in the anime. I thought I heard Satou Rina (Misaka from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) and it is, probably one of Umenomori Chise maids.

The anime seemed alright, nice short jokes but just a little much of fanservice and not much in the story. Being the first episode I won't be dropping it like others have.
Apr 7, 2010 2:44 PM
Dec 2007
Both ED and OP are bad, but the episode was surprisingly better than what I initially thought. It's mainly due to a strong characterization and a good atmosphere that was set up in this ep. I don't really understand the need for human-sized cats for now, but I'll watch the second ep at least to sort it out.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 7, 2010 2:59 PM

Aug 2008
No effort to do anything beyond toss out a bunch of lazy stereotypes. Bleh, talk about the most forgetable production ever. Give me a week and I won't be able to remember a single thing beyond 'it had cats'
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Apr 7, 2010 3:17 PM

Feb 2008
5camp said:
Give me a week and I won't be able to remember a single thing beyond 'it had cats'
It also had delicious cake. Oishii keeki, yo.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - May 4, 2010

89 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Apr 20, 2010

90 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cr4sian_phil - May 18, 2010

198 by INVICTVS »»
Jul 15, 2022 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.