Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2021 5:21 AM

Dec 2021
So, considering that my policy is always that i see everything, i never skip stuff, and even tho i've seen some saying so i'm NOT going to skip the first two episodes in favor of the movie, should i watch it before the series for a better understanding and appreciation or i can just dive in and catch it later? (in production order maybe? If that's the case after which episode?)
Dec 18, 2021 5:31 AM
Jan 2021
This is the very first thing you watch NOT the gaiden ovas. This one hooked me to the series. After this movie there’s the a second one that expands on this first two episodes. Start with this one!
Dec 18, 2021 6:48 AM
Dec 18, 2021 6:55 AM

Dec 2021

Ok thanks, just one question tho: The second movie aired years after the series release, since i'd like to experience it the way the original author intended if i follow this order i'll follow the novel order or it's just an in-lore chronological order? Because if it's novel-wise it's the one i want, if it's chrono-wise but the prequels were thought to be after then i'll start with the series
Dec 18, 2021 7:31 AM

Oct 2014
Oznerol7 said:

Ok thanks, just one question tho: The second movie aired years after the series release, since i'd like to experience it the way the original author intended if i follow this order i'll follow the novel order or it's just an in-lore chronological order? Because if it's novel-wise it's the one i want, if it's chrono-wise but the prequels were thought to be after then i'll start with the series

"My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars" isn't from the beginning of the novel, but it's based on a side story written by the author, and this movie's events get referenced in Overture and the main series.

"Overture to a New War" covers the first 2 eps of the main series. I haven't read the novel so I'm not sure if some of it is anime-original or not, but it's a better version compared to the first 2 eps, the strategies are better explained in the movie and the episodes seem rushed in comparison.

If you really want to be strict with your novel order then you could skip the first movie, but the order I posted is the one the fans usually recommend.
Dec 18, 2021 7:31 AM
Jan 2021
Oznerol7 said:

No just go with the order which samt proposed. The main series often refers to the prequel movies so just watch it like that
Dec 16, 2023 11:23 AM

Aug 2008
Reply to Adatius
Oznerol7 said:

"My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars" isn't from the beginning of the novel, but it's based on a side story written by the author, and this movie's events get referenced in Overture and the main series.

"Overture to a New War" covers the first 2 eps of the main series. I haven't read the novel so I'm not sure if some of it is anime-original or not, but it's a better version compared to the first 2 eps, the strategies are better explained in the movie and the episodes seem rushed in comparison.

If you really want to be strict with your novel order then you could skip the first movie, but the order I posted is the one the fans usually recommend.
@Adatius Should I skip everything Gaiden?
Dec 16, 2023 12:39 PM

Oct 2014
Reply to Brightless
@Adatius Should I skip everything Gaiden?
@Brightless Personally I found the Gaidens to be very boring and pointless, so I'd say yes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest is the Sea of Stars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jacut - Sep 23, 2008

89 by HagePotPotato »»
Nov 9, 2023 6:34 PM

» What does the German intro say?

HagePotPotato - Nov 9, 2023

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Nov 9, 2023 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.