Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2021 5:31 AM

Jul 2017
They REALLY committed to Suzune's death flag, the audacity!?

Just like when she stood at the stage in the semi-finals at the very beginning, Suzune's heart condition to wear her down is just telling, at this pivotal time where the 9-tie girls are all back to the Selection Project stage to perform their last hurrahs. And apparently Madam CEO Sunny the dorm mom felt this too before with Rena's older sister Akari, so this repeat be a jinx if it happens the same as before.

While all hopes pin on 9-tie being down to 7 minus B.B. a.k.a SuzuRena to achieve 2 million Yells while dragging more than enough time for Suzune to wake up (each of the group's performance and Sumipanda a.k.a Jun's montage of the combined footage of the 9 girls together in this journey of becoming idols), the importance is left with Rena and Suzune's parents praying that their daughter will awake somehow from her unconscious coma.

May Akari's dream aberration help Suzune somewhat.
KANLen09Dec 17, 2021 6:25 AM
Dec 17, 2021 5:53 AM

Feb 2020
Oh no.. That was shocking. Poor Suzune. :´( I hope she'll get better..
Dec 17, 2021 6:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh seems like Suzune is really dying this time, I mean waking up with Rena's dead sister in front of you isn't a good sign XDDD, well to be fair if they really make her die at the end it would make the ending memorable so why not though it's sad I still hope that she'll wake up and be able to sing (and it would make the ending kinda cliché and not interesting so it's a hard dilemma).
Also apparently the inn woman was Akari's producer since the beginning, interesting.
Dec 17, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
I hope Suzune will recover and regain her consciousness soon. And, then perform your magnificent performance with everyone from 9-tie.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 17, 2021 6:33 AM
Jan 2021
They be really like to use talk no jutsu huh?

Jokes aside, I hope they pull off next week with a blast. Would this be worth of season 2? I am thinking about, how they can try doing the @ZombieLandSaga style. Where they do concerts and stuff, maybe it is too early idk.
Dec 17, 2021 6:39 AM
Jan 2021
This is dangerous.

Even though their packaging gets really dramatic, still the direction of the story "always returns" to Idoly Pride (the difference is that they walk on a more realistic path and make "we were surprised").

Even worse, we will see "Idoly Pride Episode 9" as the conclusion of the Selection Project.

What's more troubling, they also recap with a fairly long duration, similar style to Wonder Egg Priority episode 7.5 and Special Episode, where my guess is "they have run out of materials," so yes ...

I'm starting to suspect that for the anime project, they have experienced a production failure, just like Wonder Egg Priority, where some of the animators who work are also working on the Selection Project.
Dec 17, 2021 7:25 AM

May 2016
A Camera in each bedroom 👀, that's mean there's scenes where the girls are naked or changing their clothes on those videos 😏
What a lucky man who work on those cameras
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2021 8:04 AM

Jun 2021
Suzune can't die in an anime like this lol.

She will wake up next episode and 9-tie will sing together! We need a nice ending please <3
Dec 17, 2021 8:17 AM
Aug 2021
Ah no! That bad thing happened.

Don't leave us, Suzume! Everyone is rooting for you! Especially Rena! :(

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Dec 17, 2021 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
It'd be a surprise if she didn't wake up and then ended up singing at the end. But it'd be predictable that she will wake up I bet. Unless they're going for a second season to play out the story more. If not, then I would be shocked if she doesn't wake up.
Dec 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2019
With Suzune collapsing, the pre-finale of Selection Project begins, as the girls try to keep the audience from learning about the situation along with Sumipanda’s montage of cut scenes, only to have to reveal it in the end since SuzuRena didn’t make it in time

With Suzune still unconcious, it seems like there will have to be an extra broadcast later for Suzune’s wish to sing again to come true once she wakes up

Either there's going to be a heart-to-heart, or we'll see Suzune joining Akari (unlikely)

9-tie sure will end up hitting the 2 million yells mark next episode
Dec 17, 2021 10:59 AM

Nov 2016
Pls go with the tragedy for once. But who am I kidding?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 17, 2021 12:31 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Wait. What?! The dorm mum is the CEO. Seems to be a bit of a random thing they pulled from nowhere. Suzune also has some medical issues and faints so has to be brought to the hospital as well...
What a sad start to the episode. I don't like how they chose to randomly give her medical problems just before the performance also...
And they need 2,000,000 yells for all the the members of 9tie to win? To be perfectly honest, they didn't seem all that popular when they left the show and I have a feeling they are hyping the popularity of the show too much. I'd get it if they needed 500,000 yells but not 2 million!
Will Suzune wake up for the performance? We will have to see...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 17, 2021 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
It was nice to see the CEO's motivation for taking care of the girls. I'm a bit confused on why Rena didn't know she was the CEO. She felt so much regret over not driving Akari home. Did she not show up at the funeral and introduce herself to the family?

This cut footage was a good idea to buy time but surely they had more footage after the second round, right? Plus it'll definitely help with their cheers. I'm still not sure how the heck they're supposed to get 2 million. I get that viewership may increase as a tv show airs but, isn't that pushing it?

After they've gotten this far, Suzune surely has to wake up. Perhaps this dream Akari will do just that.
Dec 17, 2021 1:43 PM

Jul 2011
That ending after so many years of anime, the first thing I thought was the battle for the body ownership will happen, if this was a action anime.
Dec 17, 2021 3:22 PM

Aug 2020
SuzuRena you can do this (ᗒᗩᗕ)

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 17, 2021 3:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Good episode, as expected, Suzune was in fact not okay due to overdoing it, and now the entire group is trying to buy time for Suzune to wake up and come back to the stage to sing with the rest of them. And it looks like from the after credits scene, Akari is gonna have something to do with Suzune waking up. While I wish it wouldn’t step into that supernatural boundary, I do like what this is shaping up to be, and I think next episode is gonna be very good. I also liked seeing all the girls in their signature outfits from their first performances as individual groups.

And now that we’re nearing the final episode, I wanna say this has been a very fun idol anime, quite different from most that I’ve seen, and had some of the best looking idol performances I’ve seen as well, I didn’t watch Idoly Pride to draw comparisons to it but I’ve really loved this one, I hope it gets a continuation at some point if it does well enough, I feel this could potentially spawn a series akin to Love Live, but that might be pushing it lol, maybe that’s just my hopes.
Dec 17, 2021 5:44 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rena: "Wake up, Suzune, everyone calling for you."
While Suzune still in dream, enjoying her time with Rena's sister, and then said to Rena after some times: "10 more minutes, mother...."
I really hope that's their conversation xd.

I am not trying to nitpick, but this little part of conversation between the dorm mom and Jun-chan really make me laugh in an instant:

Wtf, where did she go? xD

Honestly, this episode bamboozled me. Absolutely waste of time when you nitpick, because entirely the episode was about them spinning out the time in the span of the whole episode. I feel like without this episode, just ignore Suzune's overexerted herself plot and just straight to the idol fun performance of them, it will be fine, and much better. But still, they had an objective here; more drama; revealing dorm mom real identity is the second; trying to approach more realistic situation which there's always been something bad happened in the midst of something important the third; and show me how Uta still the best girl here, no contest, the most significant objective.

Decent episode before finale, considering all that reason above.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 17, 2021 5:53 PM

Apr 2015
Man, they really have Suzune dying on us huh? Without joking around though, I do see her waking up next week and they will perform again, Akari will make sure of it or she will drag Suzune with her into her deep sleep :P

Rip GapsCaps performance, I kinda wish I saw more of that, how could you start the song like that and not show more of it? Shame!

Good thing that this is Anime cause those camera placements would definitely have been material for people to get cancelled XD
Dec 17, 2021 6:35 PM
Mar 2019
Overexhaustion is a real danger especially for someone like Suzune.

Next episode will have tons of action happening, but I'm pretty sure that plot armor will save the day.

As to audience reception, I think the production staff is giving us a stick again... back to the "Idoly Pride meets Wonder Egg Priority" thing.

Still I'm excited with how Episode 13 turns out.
Dec 17, 2021 7:55 PM

Feb 2020
They could've built on Sunny MUCH more in terms of her involvement with Akari in the past. If they hadn't taken 2 whole episodes going through 9-tie foundation (which didn't really matter anyway when they all returned to SelePro, and look: they seldom recall 9-tie LOL), they could've EASILY dedicated most of a single episode to Akari at her peak. Now we're supposed to care about her at the very last episode, where she will have a mysterious impact on Suzune. not cool.

Making things even worse: cutting out SplaSoda and GapsCaps' performances for the bull drama. they even had really well-made outfits too! Come. On. At this point I couldn't care any more about Suzu's constant heart failures for the sake of stretching out the series.

About 400K into the required 2 million Cheers... we all know SuzuRena's performance is gonna give that 1.6 M needed lol
BoazanianDec 17, 2021 7:58 PM
Dec 17, 2021 8:14 PM

Dec 2020
this pre final ep drama💀💀💀 couldn't they delay this performance one or a few more days? idrk abt jpop but ive seen a couple of kpop groups doing that, as long as its not a live irl concert where people bought tickets and are waiting in the stadium/audience it should be fine. but oh well we needed that last minute suzuren ill take it
Dec 17, 2021 8:15 PM

May 2020
Honestly i'd prefer her not waking up, but the way this series play their cards, i can't see anything like that happening.
Dec 17, 2021 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
good episode the bad thing happened :( again at least its mostly just due to her overworking her self , as messed as it sounds i kinda do wanna see her not wake up in time because of how unexpected that'd be for this kinda show

also ive seen too much anime i totally felt like that post credit was some action ass anime of having to fight Akari to take over her body
Dec 17, 2021 9:49 PM
May 2020
This episode really bought time for SuzuRena's performance plus for the Finale next week.

Kinda felt sad about the Suzune situation but still optimistic for their return performance.

Get the 2,000,000 yells 9-tie!

Dec 18, 2021 7:10 AM

Jun 2016
yoo this is totally a banger !! the drama from this idol anime is awesome !!
Dec 18, 2021 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
This was a predictably bad ep.

Something stupid like they perform and everyone loves them and they reach 2 mil votes would have been better than stupid suzu almost dying but not really.

Unless they fuck you with just killing off suzu, it's gonna be a very banal predictable insipid affair from here on out.

I don't watch idol stuff, just a couple of shows before this one so I loved the shows progression till now, but this ep kinda ruined it. The meta joke was they were literally wasting your time with this ep.
Dec 19, 2021 6:10 AM

Jan 2016
no... not gay enough... when Suzune falls and catch by Rena, they are just like shocked. That's too bad. lol

Gapscaps apologize to the make-up team. I think they don't need to do that, they are not wrong. It's just that the final round event is really fucked up. (I bet the creative team that making "stabbing in the back" as the final round is fired, lol)

The scene at the hospital... so, what the doctor says? and also Suzune's room is standard, not the emergency room first?. Not to mention, this moment is the same day as the final round and ongoing. Too fast-paced but okay.

And Jun-chan reminisces scene... I lol at VOICE std. RECORDING std. PLAY std. I guess they want to be unique but it's kinda scary. I know it's a studio, but why do they short it. lol

And finally, the after-credit scene... Suzune in a place before you go to heaven... or dream?

cant wait for next episode. Will this be "Naruto absorbing Kurama" moment? lol
Yay!
Dec 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Jul 2015
Suzune, a girl who has had a heart transplant, is sent to the hospital in ambulance after fainting from exhaustion... and all everyone is thinking about is making time for her to come back and perform on stage that same day as soon as she wakes up? (If she does). REALLY?

This series has gotten so unbelievably stupid since the start of the drama of having to vote two people out, it's not the worst idol anime drama I have seen because Love Live Sunshine exists, but that one just set the bar way too low.
Dec 24, 2021 4:27 AM

Jan 2021
Given a chance then it hurts again, hopefully the last episode has a good plot twist
Dec 28, 2021 5:29 PM

Nov 2009
hai_X_is said:
It was nice to see the CEO's motivation for taking care of the girls. I'm a bit confused on why Rena didn't know she was the CEO. She felt so much regret over not driving Akari home. Did she not show up at the funeral and introduce herself to the family?

The flash back when Dorm-mom was talking about Akari showed the Dorm-mom as a young "fit" woman with let-down short hair standing at her office when she received the news Akari was in an accident and dropped her phone.

So yea... her appearance changed quite a bit, this also happens in real life when life-changing situation happens and people get stressed out. It either leads to stress-eating (get fat) or starved-depression (get skinny).

___ ___ ___

Also, Suzune's "black flag" was already triggered back in episode 1, lol... they literally showed her falling during the audition cause of her heart.

It's more or less a miracle that she lasted through the entire Selection Project section without any issues appearing til now. Which I believe it's due to her being too excited and her heart sped up and caused the stroke. (happens to ppls in real life, not that uncommon)

___ ___ ___

Also, that SumiPanda to the rescue with last minute made video... the dude works fast. This guy should be given an award for best support. (plus constantly giving them cue cards on what to talk about to stall without being awkward)

(tho... I never knew they have hidden cameras in every room... LOL) (hopefully they didn't capture any girls doing "kinky" things)

But the video is a nice touch, it showed everyone how hard the girls are working backstage to get to where they are now.
amlgDec 28, 2021 6:17 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 28, 2021 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
The flash back when Dorm-mom was talking about Akari showed the Dorm-mom as a young "fit" woman with let-down short hair standing at her office when she received the news Akari was in an accident and dropped her phone.

So yea... her appearance changed quite a bit, this also happens in real life when life-changing situation happens and people get stressed out. It either leads to stress-eating (get fat) or starved-depression (get skinny).

Oh, that does make sense about the appearance part.
Jun 3, 2022 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
Damn, Suzune. Hope she'll be alright again.
Aug 5, 2022 9:01 PM
Apr 2020
And right when 9-Tie is about to make their televised debut, Suzune suddenly passes out in her room from exhaustion caused by overworking herself (heart related?) and has to be hospitalized within hours of her scheduled performance. Without Suzune, 9-Tie is not 9-Tie, and having everyone on stage for this event is pivotal. Alas the show must go on, and the remaining girls are focused on buying time for Suzune to wake up so Rena and the CEO can rush her back on to the stage for her performance... Wait, hang on. Did they all forget about the concept of postponement?

Anyhow, Slasoda kicks off the round of performances and pads out the time with some talk about food, garnering 329,866 yells. GAPsCAPs comes next with a rocking performance and stays on for a few more minutes to discuss about a movie. Alas, with the timeslot running out, the 7 group members have no choice but to spill the beans on the audience. Sumipanda guy finishes the show with a closing montage, and all the performers stand together to call for Suzune's presence.

Meanwhile, Suzune finds herself in a black & white dream sequence of an auditorium, at the presence of none other than Akari herself.

I... do not like the direction this is taking.
Romax24245Aug 7, 2022 7:42 AM
Mar 5, 2023 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Do they really want to let Suzune perform after a heart attack? Are you that stupid? She needs at least a week of rest, you cretins!
This CEO says she doesn't want to lose someone else (it's always about you?), but she is ok with Suzune's performance after coma? 
And what about Suzune's mom? Your daughter's live was saved by the miracle!!! And you are ready to easily risk her live again? "Yeah, she experienced some heart attack this morning, actually, almost died, but she really, really wants to perform, so, what you gonna do?"
I understand this is just anime, but even an anime most have some sense.
GvendolineMar 5, 2023 1:45 PM

More topics from this board

» A quick question about the “Mixed Media” description for the “Source” field

RudeRedis - Aug 17, 2023

1 by ItsukaShido16 »»
Aug 18, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2021

104 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:13 PM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

53 by KOLDEET »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Idoly Pride vs Selection Project

Kanishq42069 - Dec 24, 2021

12 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 8, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2021

55 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 7, 2023 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.