Forum Settings
Forums

I´m asking for help - how to read manga without straining your arms?

New
Dec 16, 2021 12:12 PM

Apr 2018
Hi fellow manga readers, I hope some of you can help me. I have several years ongoing health issues concerning both my arms and wrists and sadly, it started to affect my everyday life as well as one of the few hobbies I had left due to the pandemic and taking care of a toddler - reading manga. I can scroll it for only 10minutes or so and if I read long time (1hour), I even need to take a painkiller. Since my diagnose is not improving (and God knows if it ever will), I like to ask you: is there some app/reader/software that allows me to read manga without touching the screen all the time? For example, the manga frames could be slowly rolling down on my screen picture after picture, similar to movie? You know what I mean? That would help me a lot, since I am quite a devoted reader and all mangas and webtoons I read are so long (80+ chapters).. I use tablet for reading.
I will be thankful for any advice!!
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Dec 16, 2021 12:27 PM

Dec 2011
This may sound strange but are you able to use other body parts? On testing I was able to easily move to the next page on my kobo, while having it in a position that was easy to read, by using my nose to mvoe to the next page.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 16, 2021 12:32 PM

Apr 2018
kuuderes_shadow said:
This may sound strange but are you able to use other body parts? On testing I was able to easily move to the next page on my kobo, while having it in a position that was easy to read, by using my nose to mvoe to the next page.

I am, I am not disabled, I got to work and take care of a 2y old child, but when I use my hands too much (and it is quite hard to avoid it, I mean one does do EVERYTHING with hands), they start to hurt like hell. Well moving it with the nose might be one option, but I have problems with the neck spine, too, that might be an issue. i would prefer to just sit and watch it similar to anime..
Dec 17, 2021 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
I can't offer any advice for mobile reading, but the program I use for reading on PC, MangaMeeya, has a slideshow feature among others. There's also a simple option to scroll the page automatically so you don't even have to necessarily put up with quality loss from scaling the page down. It's not a smooth scroll, it just jumps to where the page was cut off or to the page bottom. You will have to manually download the manga you want to read though, of course. A simple search will pull up an older version, search specifically for v7.4 if you're interested.
Dec 17, 2021 10:55 AM

Apr 2018
Yuukishi said:
I can't offer any advice for mobile reading, but the program I use for reading on PC, MangaMeeya, has a slideshow feature among others. There's also a simple option to scroll the page automatically so you don't even have to necessarily put up with quality loss from scaling the page down. It's not a smooth scroll, it just jumps to where the page was cut off or to the page bottom. You will have to manually download the manga you want to read though, of course. A simple search will pull up an older version, search specifically for v7.4 if you're interested.

Sounds good, thank you, I'll try it!
Dec 17, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2016
I found this remote page turner

“Don’t cry. Not yet.
Just feeling the frustration is enough”

Dec 17, 2021 3:57 PM
Dec 2017
you can get someone to help you read it for you as one form of assitance.

Dec 19, 2021 12:44 PM

Apr 2018
Crow_Black said:
you can get someone to help you read it for you as one form of assitance.

Thanks, but I would be too ashamed to do that since I mostly read BL stuff 🤷‍♂️ and some other genre too
Dec 19, 2021 12:45 PM

Apr 2018

Looks interesting, I didn't even know such thing exists, thanks!

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

21 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

52 by Luxology »»
6 hours ago

» Ur fav manga

Aoust_Adenca - Mar 10, 2023

21 by eatyourgreenz »»
9 hours ago

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5932 by _KaSa »»
Today, 9:51 AM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

374 by teababe27 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.