Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2021 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty chill episode tbh. It's relaxing when the military or drama doesn't happen in the show among the war nations.

The guys even had the lucky chance to get a bath. Perhaps a calm before the storm episode when business picks up again later.
Dec 13, 2021 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
They are kinda on a streak with the calm episodes ... nothing really happend since the first episode. I get that they building "plot" for the second part, but i kinda don't see any. I feel like they are relying too much on writing, but that part is lacking. You have big robots ready to smash some shit, do it. Thats why we here.

Day One: "I joined the ressistance to free the people of Japan from the oppression of evil organizations"
Day Two: "A friend of mine died, im devastated"
Day Five: "I had a bath"
Day Fifteen: "I went shopping"
Dec 13, 2021 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
The proposition to find Ghost, anything could be a valuable link to keep ahead of the curve.

In the meantime, the AMAIM pilots have it easy for downtime while Yatagarasu prepares for their new HQ with no time to spare, taking note of each miltary's move. The other military people will not be left behind in their own advancement as well.

Guess something that we learn of Gashin is that he hates to lose, and that they really rest well under Misuzu's guidance with the hot springs. The issue is that the North American Coalition has been following Amou all along, and are aiming to capture Ghost too.

Something really feels eerie about this...how long is this gonna go for?
Dec 13, 2021 10:38 AM

May 2021
Great episode. Seemed pretty calm and not much drama this episode at all apart from the people who are trying to locate ghost and have identified Amou...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 13, 2021 11:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems Gobert is trying to play both sides of the stick. The leader of the resistance judging for his house looks to have considerable fortune. Though off putting each scratch represents a hard earned victory that they scored against the invaders. Their talk about the future was nice though. The insight into how the NAC treat the people and the fact that they aren't subject to the same laws sure mirror the current tensions between the states and Japan pretty well. Shion though is the picture of elegance being skilled at not only pottery but go and shogi as well. Tezuka though sure is competitive to a fault huh. After that hard fought battle last week against Alexi the team really deserve the soak. But Brad using the ghost as bait to draw in Tezuka and the team while he looks to entrap them was a daring move. While a pretty chill ep it did well to allow them to relax before the upcoming storm that Brad and Alexi would bring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2021 12:02 PM

Sep 2015
I knew that Gobert Can’t be trusted I just have a bad feeling about him.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Dec 13, 2021 2:24 PM

Feb 2012
German playing both sides. So this series has an equivalent of Veda too (expected since they have AI), and it's forecasted that the American territory is set to expand due to the nominal autonomy they pacify the Japanese with in comparison to the other factions. Not Graham Aker makes a trip to the hot springs after noticing Amou's voice as being the same as the Kenbu's pilot.

Kyoukai Senki reminding us that Russia'sEurasia's main beef with Japan is in Hokkaido (Kuril Islands arc when).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 13, 2021 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
It started very interesting with own dialogues, it was very dramatic but also tense overall it was a good episode..
Dec 13, 2021 6:29 PM
Jan 2018
The requisite mecha fanservice episode. It was surprisingly tasteful.

The writer really writes this show like its a JRPG scenario in a game. Throwaway Shogi will be used later to motivate bland MC's to survive and come back home. Or instead, MC's will die sad they didn't ever win a shogi battle. Maybe Sunrise should contract some writers Sega Atlus to write their anime. At least Atlus does a better job of spinning generic stories well.

Dec 13, 2021 8:23 PM

Oct 2016
I think Gobert's not gonna sellout his clients, but his main goal is still that dough, businessman just businessman-ing.

I don't like how they're giving Misuzu screentime right now, it smells like they're gonna kill her off lmao.
Dec 14, 2021 6:30 AM
Sep 2015
I'm quite disappointed that nothing sexual happened in onsen episode. Especially when four guys bath at once.
Dec 14, 2021 11:33 AM
Apr 2012
Brad Watt is essential for the actual plot to happen. What a coincidence that Amou ran into him in the open market. Small world. Good that the Russian officer is still around. The episode was pretty okay.
Dec 14, 2021 2:00 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
They sure like to stretch things out with these slice of life episodes. That German guy fed Brad Watt some information about the Ghost's location. To make matters worse Brad coincidentally ran into Amou and was able to identify him as one of the terrorist based on the sound of Amou's voice alone. The two of them meet again in the hot springs and spills the beans about the Ghost's location in the Oki islands to Brad and Gashin. Gashin needs to chill out because he's not aware that he's being manipulated to lure out the Ghost and being used as bait for the NAC. I have a feeling that Gashin is going to do something stupid and put his team at risk.
Jan 2, 2022 5:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hard to trust that German Gobert before he betrays the resistance army, but now Amou will have his name known by the North American army that is all on a set up before the battle against Ghost, hmmm slow but interesting.
Apr 15, 2022 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
Why was Brad at the same market Amou was, at the same time of day? How did he know that the kids would be there?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2021

25 by Deago »»
Jun 25, 2023 1:30 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2021

16 by Deago »»
Jun 24, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2021

25 by Deago »»
Jun 24, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2021

34 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:44 PM

» Law of Barnabas ... What ? (Episode 2)

Musika - Jun 29, 2022

2 by Musika »»
Jun 30, 2022 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.