Forum Settings
Forums

'Hataraku Maou-sama!' 2nd Season Unveils Staff, Summer 2022 Airing

New
Dec 12, 2021 5:07 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The second day of the Dengeki Bunko Winter Festival 2021 event unveiled the production staff, first key visual (pictured), and a promotional video for the Hataraku Maou-sama! 2nd Season (The Devil Is a Part-Timer! 2nd Season) on Sunday. The new season, titled Hataraku Maou-sama!! (The Devil Is a Part-Timer!!), is scheduled to premiere in July 2022.

Voice actress Hina Kino (Asobi Asobase, Toji no Miko) is joining the cast as Alas Ramus. The main cast from the first season are reprising their roles.

Staff
Director: Daisuke Tsukushi (Isekai Cheat Magician)
Series Composition: Masahiro Yokotani (Hataraku Maou-sama!, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Character Design: Yuuta Iino (22/7 animation director)
Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiro Takeda (Kimi no Iru Machi animation director)
Design Works: Ryou Akizuki (Princess Principal prop design)
Graphic Art: Hirofumi Araki (Guilty Crown motion graphics)
Art Director: Manabu Otsuzuki (Tokyo Revengers) (Kusanagi)
Art Setting: Hideyasu Narita (Platinum End) (Kusanagi)
Director of Photography: Ryou Iijima (Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties) (Asahi Production)
Color Design: Akemi Tejima (Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online) (Wish)
3D Director: Kouhei Ogawa (Uchouten Kazoku 2) (Marco)
Editing: Hidemitsu Doi (A3! Season Autumn & Winter)
Special Effects: Kei Ishibashi (Sword Art Online: Alicization) (Asahi Production)
Music: Ryousuke Nakanishi (High School DxD)
Music Production: Lantis
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
Production: Infinite
Studio: Studio 3Hz

White Fox adapted Satoshi Wagahara's comedy fantasy light novel into a 13-episode television anime in Spring 2013, covering the first two volumes. Funimation simulcast the anime with subtitles and released it on home video in July 2014.

Wagahara originally submitted the novel under the title Maoujou wa Rokujou Hitoma! (The Devil's Castle within a Six-tatami Room!) at the 17th Dengeki Taisho awards in November 2010 and won the Silver Prize. Dengeki Bunko began printing the novel with illustrations by 029 (Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) the following February and shipped the 21st and final volume last August. Hataraku Maou-sama! has a cumulative 3.5 million copies of its volumes in print.

Akio Hiragi began a manga adaptation in Monthly Dengeki Daioh in December 2011. Kadokawa published the 18th volume on June 25.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga adaptation in English in August 2014 and released the 20th light novel volume and 17th manga volume on August 31 and November 30, respectively.

PV

Source: PR Times
VindstotDec 12, 2021 9:59 PM

Dec 12, 2021 5:11 AM

Jul 2017
Well, Summer 2022. Log your calendars for yet another MgRonalds greatness.
Dec 12, 2021 5:13 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty worried since the director has only directed Isekai cheat magician and we all know how that went.
Dec 12, 2021 5:43 AM
Dec 2013
Can't wait to see Suzuno Kamazuki again. It's a shame that White Fox (who did the first season) isn't doing the second season. July 2022, huh? It'd have been 9 years after the first season ended that the second season will start airing by then. Imagine waiting almost a decade just for the second season of a show. What was the hold up?
wildhoodDec 13, 2021 6:21 AM
Dec 12, 2021 6:10 AM

Jun 2017
Ayyyyy Kino Hina joins the cast!! Cant get any better than this
Dec 12, 2021 6:36 AM

Jul 2015
Studio change.
3Hz is a C-Tier studio, so expect severe quality drop.

Dec 12, 2021 6:38 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
A little worried about that studio change, but man can't wait to see the thumbs up joke again, lol~!xD
Dec 12, 2021 6:53 AM

Sep 2009
Piromysl said:
Studio change.

LOL what? Almost all of their productions had a decent animation level and they are definetely better when how White Fox is after they lost a lot of talented staff.
Dec 12, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2020
Piromysl said:
Studio change.

KSKJSDKJDSJDSKDS THIS CAN´T BE REAL.

Watch Flip Flappers and you will see
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Dec 12, 2021 7:56 AM

Oct 2018
Nice to see it's the same script writer as the first season. The overall directing is going to be inconsistent but the production should be decent for the most part.
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1470012824919453696

Piromysl said:
Studio change.

The bait is strong with this one.

wildhood said:
What was the hold up?

Seems like there wasn't any plans for a 2nd season but the animation producer really liked the source material so a season 2 finally got announced.
https://youtu.be/y62PPGW08IQ&t=118
Etherius_ZSDec 12, 2021 8:00 AM
Dec 12, 2021 8:02 AM

May 2020
Summer 2022.... and here I was hoping for a fall release.
Dec 12, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2016
Piromysl said:
Studio change.

C tier is a weird way to spell S tier
Dec 12, 2021 8:10 AM
May 2016
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
A little worried about that studio change, but man can't wait to see the thumbs up joke again, lol~!xD

Don't worry too much about it. 3 Hz has done a lot of great work with
Flip Flappers
Sao alternative
Dimension W
Black Fox
And they've helped co animate Princess principal and A3
Dec 12, 2021 8:15 AM

Sep 2020
NG_Chloe said:
Piromysl said:
Studio change.

It's neither C-tier nor a S-tier studio lol. They haven't done anything worth mentioning as of now.
Dec 12, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2018
ZXEAN said:
NG_Chloe said:

It's neither C-tier nor a S-tier studio lol. They haven't done anything worth mentioning as of now.

Nice joke there buddy. Flip Flappers's staff list is alone legendary - Oshiyama, Kojima, Enokido, Ikehata, Tachikawa with various veteran animators and the background studio that worked on Made on Abyss.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=9074
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18177
Dec 12, 2021 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
It's about time this got a release date, nearly a decade of waiting will finally end.

Dec 12, 2021 9:00 AM

Sep 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
ZXEAN said:

Nice joke there buddy. Flip Flappers's staff list is alone legendary - Oshiyama, Kojima, Enokido, Ikehata, Tachikawa with various veteran animators and the background studio that worked on Made on Abyss.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=9074
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18177
Nice joke buddy. Flip Flappers's staff list maybe legendary but that doesn't means the anime is a masterpiece. Judging by it's overall rating this looks like just an above average anime nothing extra ordinary. .

Moreover one anime can't define entire studio. Studio Deen have made Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen which is a masterpiece at the same time they have made abomination like Nanatsu no Taizai S3.

Studio Hz reputation is not soo good Just take a look of what they have done other then Flip Flappers lots of below avarage animes.
Dec 12, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2018
ZXEAN said:
Nice joke buddy. Flip Flappers's staff list maybe legendary but that doesn't means the anime is a masterpiece. Judging by it's overall rating this looks like just an above average anime nothing extra ordinary. .

Moreover one anime can't define entire studio. Studio Deen have made Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen which is a masterpiece at the same time they have made abomination like Nanatsu no Taizai S3.

Studio Hz reputation is not soo good Just take a look of what they have done other then Flip Flappers lots of below avarage animes.

- I am just going to ignore your first sentence. Maybe use 5 seconds of your time to think before you write random bs. Also, love to see when people using MAL ratings.

- Completely agree with what you wrote in the 2nd sentence but how did you get the idea that it's the only thing good about the studio? Regarding Studio Deen, how does it help you comparing an anime made in the 90s vs something made few years ago. If you look at the studio's works, pretty much everything made by the studio recently has been garbage. Also, did you seriously compare a 4 episode OVA production made with month long gaps between production vs a full double cour production with very tight schedule. Looking at the works of the studio around the time of the production of Trust & Betrayal, pretty much all of their high quality productions are either films or OVAs and you can clearly see the drop in quality when those film IPs where changed into their TV series like Rurouni Kenshin itself or the cop show they made. Moroever, Trust & Betrayal itself has various still frames in the final fight in Ep4 and reused animation. I am not going to go in the "masterpiece" debate with you regarding that.

- Can you please give me some source for "Studio Hz reputation is not soo good?" Regarding the other anime made by the studio. Rifle was complete but the staff has zero ties with the studio. The idol anime they made already are in collaboration with PA Works. Black Fox's script was ruined because of the production committee changing the series into a movie rushing the entire story but the action directing and the sakuga was brilliant. Princess Principal has a lot of the episode directors same as Flip Flappers but knowing you, you'll probably say it's not good because it has score of 7.7 lmao. The other director they have was a Madhouse guy at the studio's peak with even Kou Yoshinari getting involved with the studio.

Edit - I'm sorry I forgot about the Dimension anime they made because I haven't seen that and the only thing I know about that is the dance sequence from the opening lol
Etherius_ZSDec 12, 2021 9:48 AM
Dec 12, 2021 10:18 AM

Sep 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
ZXEAN said:

- I am just going to ignore your first sentence. Maybe use 5 seconds of your time to think before you write random bs. Also, love to see when people using MAL ratings.

- Completely agree with what you wrote in the 2nd sentence but how did you get the idea that it's the only thing good about the studio? Regarding Studio Deen, how does it help you comparing an anime made in the 90s vs something made few years ago. If you look at the studio's works, pretty much everything made by the studio recently has been garbage. Also, did you seriously compare a 4 episode OVA production made with month long gaps between production vs a full double cour production with very tight schedule. Looking at the works of the studio around the time of the production of Trust & Betrayal, pretty much all of their high quality productions are either films or OVAs and you can clearly see the drop in quality when those film IPs where changed into their TV series like Rurouni Kenshin itself or the cop show they made. Moroever, Trust & Betrayal itself has various still frames in the final fight in Ep4 and reused animation. I am not going to go in the "masterpiece" debate with you regarding that.

- Can you please give me some source for "Studio Hz reputation is not soo good?" Regarding the other anime made by the studio. Rifle was complete but the staff has zero ties with the studio. The idol anime they made already are in collaboration with PA Works. Black Fox's script was ruined because of the production committee changing the series into a movie rushing the entire story but the action directing and the sakuga was brilliant. Princess Principal has a lot of the episode directors same as Flip Flappers but knowing you, you'll probably say it's not good because it has score of 7.7 lmao. The other director they have was a Madhouse guy at the studio's peak with even Kou Yoshinari getting involved with the studio.

Edit - I'm sorry I forgot about the Dimension anime they made because I haven't seen that and the only thing I know about that is the dance sequence from the opening lol
So you are telling me that MAL rating doesn't matter and I have to believe you and come to a conclusion that Studio Hz is a good studio.

That whole thing about Studio Deen was just a small example to let you know one anime doesn't determine overall quality of the studio. If you don't like that example then let me give another one now about Studio VLON they have done I want to eat your Pancreas which is well received by the audience at the same time this studio have made Black arrow one of the biggest flop show. Do you know who directed it Code Guess Director.

•Can you please give me some source for "Studio Hz reputation is not soo good?"

Bro you already gave the answer to your question. Anime is not just about animation overall presentation matter the most. Moreover don't find a easy route to break through the conversation by just saying MAL's rating doesn't matter. Such a low bait commentary lol.
Dec 12, 2021 10:44 AM

Oct 2018
ZXEAN said:
Etherius_ZS said:

So you are telling me that MAL rating doesn't matter and I have to believe you and come to a conclusion that Studio Hz is a good studio.

That whole thing about Studio Deen was just a small example to let you know one anime doesn't determine overall quality of the studio. If you don't like that example then let me give another one now about Studio VLON they have done I want to eat your Pancreas which is well received by the audience at the same time this studio have made Black arrow one of the biggest flop show. Do you know who directed it Code Guess Director.

Bro you already gave the answer to your question. Anime is not just about animation overall presentation matter the most. Moreover don't find a easy route to break through the conversation by just saying MAL's rating doesn't matter. Such a low bait commentary lol.

Seems like you think that I made up everything about 3hz. If you have ever free time, maybe do research of your own.

- The reason I am not talking about the script of anime is because that will ultimately lead to persona tastes and this was never a discussion about what anime you like vs what anime I like.
- Another stupid comparison with VOLN. Pancreas was made by half Madhouse staff who have returned back to Madhouse and the other team is working on the new Cloverworks anime, nothing to do with VOLN, with couple of them already involved in Wonder Egg Priority. Moreover, Back Arrow is a TV production and Pancreas is a movie, so different budget and schedule. There doesn't seem to be a single decent TV production from VOLN. Ushio & Tora is a collab with Mappa and even that drops in quality, especially in the second half. Also, all the half decent thing Taniguchi made was at Sunrise. The talent involved in Sunrise and VOLN is night and day. Moreover, he was also listed as the chief director of another anime that came out the same season as Back Arrow so this could also contribute of why it is shit. Again, I am not talking about the story because I hate the story of both of them, probably you love Pancreas and this will again lead to personal taste comparison.

So your favorite anime is Link Click so that's why you think MAL ratings are good because that has a high rating.
Dec 12, 2021 10:58 AM
Jan 2017
I'm just glad Hina-chan is getting more work. It's hard being a performer in the entertainment industry nowadays. Actors are constantly getting phased in and out and need to pull out all the stops to remain available for any projects that might come their way.
Dec 12, 2021 11:03 AM

Sep 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
ZXEAN said:

Seems like you think that I made up everything about 3hz. If you have ever free time, maybe do research of your own.

- The reason I am not talking about the script of anime is because that will ultimately lead to persona tastes and this was never a discussion about what anime you like vs what anime I like.
- Another stupid comparison with VOLN. Pancreas was made by half Madhouse staff who have returned back to Madhouse and the other team is working on the new Cloverworks anime, nothing to do with VOLN, with couple of them already involved in Wonder Egg Priority. Moreover, Back Arrow is a TV production and Pancreas is a movie, so different budget and schedule. There doesn't seem to be a single decent TV production from VOLN. Ushio & Tora is a collab with Mappa and even that drops in quality, especially in the second half. Also, all the half decent thing Taniguchi made was at Sunrise. The talent involved in Sunrise and VOLN is night and day. Moreover, he was also listed as the chief director of another anime that came out the same season as Back Arrow so this could also contribute of why it is shit. Again, I am not talking about the story because I hate the story of both of them, probably you love Pancreas and this will again lead to personal taste comparison.

So your favorite anime is Link Click so that's why you think MAL ratings are good because that has a high rating.

It's seem you are limiting my range of conversation by mentioning Personal taste here and there it's not about personal taste I am taking about preference of general audience as a whole.

Have you watched Link Click !? I also have The big fish and begonia, Hana Yori Dongo and Emma in favorite. Which have score around 7.5
Dec 12, 2021 11:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm excited but who is the baby lol
Dec 12, 2021 11:09 AM

Oct 2018
ZXEAN said:
Etherius_ZS said:

It's seem you are limiting my range of conversation by mentioning Personal taste here and there it's not about personal taste I am taking about preference of general audience as a whole.

Have you watched Link Click !? I also have The big fish and begonia, Hana Yori Dongo and Emma in favorite. Which have score around 7.5

Dude, you have not seen a single anime made by 3hz. How do you expect me to discuss the writing of those anime with you? Yeah, I watched the first two episodes of Link Click when it originally aired and then I waiting for it to end to binge it but still haven't got back to that.
Dec 12, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
ZXEAN said:

Dude, you have not seen a single anime made by 3hz. How do you expect me to discuss the writing of those anime with you? Yeah, I watched the first two episodes of Link Click when it originally aired and then I waiting for it to end to binge it but still haven't got back to that.
Never said I have watched any anime made by them. I just wanted to say that based on MAL score it look like Studio Hz is a bellow avarage studio. There work doesn't resonate well with general audience that all its not about personal taste or anything. It's just my surface level examination of Studio Hz.

You should complete Link Click.
Dec 12, 2021 11:21 AM

Oct 2018
ZXEAN said:
Etherius_ZS said:

Never said I have watched any anime made by them. I just wanted to say that based on MAL score it look like Studio Hz is a bellow avarage studio. There work doesn't resonate well with general audience that all its not about personal taste or anything. It's just my surface level examination of Studio Hz.

Yeah, I'll definitely complete it. Anyways, nice talking to you.
Dec 12, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
ZXEAN said:

Yeah, I'll definitely complete it. Anyways, nice talking to you.
Thank buddy have a nice day 😁
Dec 12, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2015
Great... this topic if filled with users arguing about studios (X studio better, than Y studio). Way to derail the topic with such a redundant thing.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 12, 2021 1:27 PM
May 2016
ZXEAN said:
NG_Chloe said:

They made Flip Flappers(a cult classic), Dimension W(a cult classic), SAO Alternative(a more mainstream spin off title[not saying it was good, but the adaptation was solid]), and they've co animated shows with Actas and PA Works.

They haven't done anything that's received super mainstream popularity, aside from maybe SAO ALT, but they've made plenty of cult Classics, and are known for their quality animation.

One work, Black Fox, may have failed due to being an incomplete story, but it's animation was gorgeous, so even when what they make isn't the greatest, the animation is always great
Dec 12, 2021 2:57 PM

Aug 2016
Glad we know when it's coming, but damn the choosen studio & director are not promising, I am worried.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 12, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
So...

Piromysl said:
Studio change.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
LOL what? Almost all of their productions had a decent animation level and they are definetely better when how White Fox is after they lost a lot of talented staff.

I not really worried about animation, because this is not some sort of battle shounen with high octane action, where it takes precedence. What worries me is basically everything else. Director for example, who directed Isekai Cheat Magician and it turned out to be utter garbage.

KingShuloxx said:
KSKJSDKJDSJDSKDS THIS CAN´T BE REAL.

Watch Flip Flappers and you will see

Been there, done this.
Saying, that this one should work out is like saying, that NNT should not have failed because Deen actually had quite a few amazing show on their account. We all know how it worked out.
Barely anyone besides voice actors and scriptwriter reprises their role in creation of second season, which is something to be worried about.

Etherius_ZS said:
The bait is strong with this one.

Bait because...?
Yea, dismissed.

NG_Chloe said:

It's entirely subjective, but I have to disagree. I don't think that 3Hz should be put on par with KyoAni or even Bones.
PiromyslDec 12, 2021 11:44 PM

Dec 12, 2021 3:18 PM
May 2016
NG_Chloe said:

It's entirely subjective, but I have to disagree. I don't think that 3Hz should be put on par with KyoAni or even Bones.[/quote]

Their animation is pretty consistently amazing though. They just haven't had any projects that go beyond cult classics
Dec 12, 2021 3:27 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
NG_Chloe said:
Klefki_of_Awsome said:

Don't worry too much about it. 3 Hz has done a lot of great work with
Flip Flappers
Sao alternative
Dimension W
Black Fox
And they've helped co animate Princess principal and A3

Yup, I know, might I add Sora no Method and Rifle is Beautiful to that list as well~?!>:P>
Anyhow, I saw the trailer, a little worried about the blub faces since the face game was one of the best part of this series and the new ones seem more static and out of place but might just be me, still excited for this though!!^^'>3
Dec 12, 2021 9:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
9 years later lmao

damn, time flies
Dec 13, 2021 12:46 AM

Mar 2016
EcchiGodMamster said:
9 years later lmao

damn, time flies

Yeah that's all i want to said
Need to rewatch s1 again

Dec 13, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2021
It has a whole different style now I almost didn't recognize Mao at first.
Dec 14, 2021 6:08 PM

May 2009
Too bad about garbage LN ending.
Piromysl said:
Studio change.

They are Y-Tier studio ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 29, 2022 9:44 AM

Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
Studio change.

My man predicted the future and nobody believed him😔
Feb 19, 2023 11:18 PM

Jul 2015
I hate being correct.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.