Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 8, 2021 10:35 PM

Jun 2021
So I just had a simple question about how the hell you mark this novel on the Manga List. I've started reading Volume 1 and this is the first SAO-related thing I've read, and I wasn't sure how it goes. For example, the book has two stories with an interlude in the middle. But both stories have a bunch of small chapters in it.

Do I count the small chapters as chapters on the manga list, or do the stories count as a whole as one chapter?

I made this a forum thread because there's no other threads that solve my problem, and I can't seem to understand anywhere else online that knows for sure.
Dec 9, 2021 12:02 AM

Feb 2021
Just do what you want. In my case I count all the small chapters.
Jan 16, 2022 5:50 PM

May 2021
GAMEOVERLOSER said:
So I just had a simple question about how the hell you mark this novel on the Manga List. I've started reading Volume 1 and this is the first SAO-related thing I've read, and I wasn't sure how it goes. For example, the book has two stories with an interlude in the middle. But both stories have a bunch of small chapters in it.

Do I count the small chapters as chapters on the manga list, or do the stories count as a whole as one chapter?

I made this a forum thread because there's no other threads that solve my problem, and I can't seem to understand anywhere else online that knows for sure.

By MAL standards, I think the small chapters should be counted. Tho I am not sure whether or not epilogues and prologues are counted; I personally exclude them.
For eg., by the end of Vol. 6, my chapter count is 75.

More topics from this board

» Why is Mito in the characters list

PaperCutAssassin - Aug 31, 2021

12 by KinjiKido »»
Nov 25, 2022 4:45 AM

» Does this series get better after volume 1?

zeeroid - Jul 21, 2022

11 by DeMarcK »»
Nov 1, 2022 11:06 AM

» Scherzo of Deep Night(thread)

ApacheSnow69 - Aug 6, 2022

0 by ApacheSnow69 »»
Aug 6, 2022 4:38 PM

» To any mods

RayRaivern - Jul 12, 2022

0 by RayRaivern »»
Jul 12, 2022 3:13 PM

» Any news or idea on when more volumes will come out?

RisickWinters - Mar 3, 2022

3 by Abysmal_Saint76 »»
Apr 13, 2022 6:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.