Forum Settings
Forums

How Many Shounen Are In Your Favorites? (Useless Thread #67)

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 7, 2021 2:57 PM

May 2020
Erebus_Akeldama said:
NickCipolla said:

not really. just lots of time you have now that school is out

Look, I needed to go on my computer, write the first thing that came to mind, and post as a thread on the internet. Sounds like a really hard earned effort to me.
Typing takes alot of work.

you didnt have to go to your computer, youre on it all day. youre out of school on winter break, so its computer 24/7
Dec 7, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2019
one, shingeki no kyojin.............
Dec 7, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Erebus_Akeldama said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

It looks to me like @Erebus_Akeldama wants to parody these people.

I mean, a lot of anime fans are just really self-conscious or just close-minded in general. To a lot of people it seems to be more important what kind of image they project than genuinely liking anime.

That goes in both direction. People, who are scared to admit that they love shounen, although the demographic could be something you can easily ignore, and also people, who are scared to watch "elitist" anime, because they could like them.

Exactly.
People nowadays think that shounen is considered a bad genre because it's not considered "good" by the elitists' standards. They see it as basic, and these days the only time people see an anime as good is if it is unique
Which sucks because I love anime, shounen and all, and it sucks to see how tastes are being distributed simply do to the fact of liking an anime with the title "shounen" added to it.

Yes, to me the only taste I really judge (at least lowkey) is sexualized lolis and pedo protagonists and so on. No, I don't think that people are automatically into kids because of this or similar nasty stuff, but it's still weird.
Everything else is just about preferences and how you see fiction and your world, your personality, your philosophy etc. There is no bad taste.

Fun fact: For a really long time until I was 16, 17 or so, I believed that Inyuasha is a shoujo. I never questioned that either. To me, it was as clear as Sailor Moon being a shoujo lol.
If I didn't know any better, I would believe that The Case Study of Vanitas for example could be a shoujo as well.

What I want to say: There are more shounen that aren't so incredibly tropey than shounen that are very tropey and fulfill a lot of shounen cliches.
Also a lot of horror shounen like Attack on Titan or The Promised Neverland aren't so full of shounen tropes either.

On the other hand, I personally can't stand the type of shounen that are. Like Boku no Hero Academia and co. There is nothing "wrong" with liking them of course, but I cringe a lot at some tropes that it uses like a lot of training and tournament arcs, power scaling, lots of rivalries, and how much (I know, some male weebs might want to behead me right now haha) male gaze it uses to portray female characters and so on. I don't dislike sexy designs for female characters, but shounen like Hero Academia or Seven Deadly Sins have really juvenile fanservice imo. Lots of it.
Dec 7, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2016
(Manga/manhwa only)
4 Shounen
4 seinen
1 manhwa
Penguins are funny
Dec 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Feb 2019
For my Anime I have 5 with the demographic of Shounen and 5 that don't have a demographic whatsoever.

Gurren Lagann - No Demographic
Hxh - Shounen
FMAB - Shounen
AssClass - Shounen
Steins;Gate - No Demographic
Code Geass - No Demographic
Terror in Resonance - No Demographic
Food Wars - Shounen
A Place further that the universe - No Demographic
GunBuster - Shounen

My Manga
Jjba7 is Shounen and Seinen... So overall I have 3 Seinen and 4 Shounen

Tower of God - No Demographic
JJBA 7 - Shounen and Seinen
Omniscient Reader - No Demographic
Blue Period - Seinen
Chainsaw Man - Shounen
Bastard - No Demographic
Bakuman - Shounen
The Horison - No Demographic
Fire Punch - Shounen
Grand Blue - Seinen
humantwigDec 7, 2021 3:26 PM

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 7, 2021 3:53 PM

Dec 2020
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

Exactly.
People nowadays think that shounen is considered a bad genre because it's not considered "good" by the elitists' standards. They see it as basic, and these days the only time people see an anime as good is if it is unique
Which sucks because I love anime, shounen and all, and it sucks to see how tastes are being distributed simply do to the fact of liking an anime with the title "shounen" added to it.

Yes, to me the only taste I really judge (at least lowkey) is sexualized lolis and pedo protagonists and so on. No, I don't think that people are automatically into kids because of this or similar nasty stuff, but it's still weird.
Everything else is just about preferences and how you see fiction and your world, your personality, your philosophy etc. There is no bad taste.

Fun fact: For a really long time until I was 16, 17 or so, I believed that Inyuasha is a shoujo. I never questioned that either. To me, it was as clear as Sailor Moon being a shoujo lol.
If I didn't know any better, I would believe that The Case Study of Vanitas for example could be a shoujo as well.

What I want to say: There are more shounen that aren't so incredibly tropey than shounen that are very tropey and fulfill a lot of shounen cliches.
Also a lot of horror shounen like Attack on Titan or The Promised Neverland aren't so full of shounen tropes either.

On the other hand, I personally can't stand the type of shounen that are. Like Boku no Hero Academia and co. There is nothing "wrong" with liking them of course, but I cringe a lot at some tropes that it uses like a lot of training and tournament arcs, power scaling, lots of rivalries, and how much (I know, some male weebs might want to behead me right now haha) male gaze it uses to portray female characters and so on. I don't dislike sexy designs for female characters, but shounen like Hero Academia or Seven Deadly Sins have really juvenile fanservice imo. Lots of it.

Yep, it even says in my profile's personal opinions: Just because it's a shounen, doesn't make it automatically bad.
Sure there are definitely better shows out there than alot of shounen, but you like what you like and you shouldn't receive crap for liking things you enjoy (with few exceptions like pedophilia and stuff, but you get the point)

Dec 7, 2021 3:54 PM

Dec 2020
NickCipolla said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

Look, I needed to go on my computer, write the first thing that came to mind, and post as a thread on the internet. Sounds like a really hard earned effort to me.
Typing takes alot of work.

you didnt have to go to your computer, youre on it all day. youre out of school on winter break, so its computer 24/7

Correction, I do online school cause I can't stand people, so it's quite literally computer 24/7

Dec 7, 2021 3:54 PM

May 2020
Erebus_Akeldama said:
NickCipolla said:

Correction, I do online school cause I can't stand people, so it's quite literally computer 24/7

didnt ask, and dont care. go back to doing your algebra homework
Dec 7, 2021 4:25 PM

Dec 2020
NickCipolla said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

Nah, I've pretty much given up on algebra sinse I'm learning things that aren't going to apply to my life at this point. I learn a new thing every now and then with English, but I'm pretty sure the knowledge I have now will suffice for the following years of my life. I pretty much have a love-hate relationship with science sinse I think it can be the coolest thing (thanks to Dr. Stone) but oh my gosh I hate physics and I pretty just learn most important scientific things from Youtube and anime. At most I'll maybe use my knowledge of learning knowing how to calculate the speed by multiplying the mass and velocity together in real life I work as an engineer or something, but I probably ain't. As for my language courses, I would like to learn Japanese sinse I would like to get deployed to Japan one day, but I'm currently in Italy so I'm learning Italian and I've been losing interest, but at least I know how to order ice cream and say fuck off, which is pretty much all I need to know if I would want to survive in Italy. If you ever need tips on have to annoy Italians hit me up. I'm also taking essentials of communication but I pretty much know how to work my way around interacting with people, especially people who don't know how to spend their time with their lives and instead goes out of their was to insult people to the point where they need to try and leave at least one insulting message a day so they can feel better about themselves. I loooooooove messing with those kinds of people. Because they actually think they'll have a crack at me and think I'll actually get hurt from their messages. But nah, it's all just entertainment for me and oh my gosh you providing me with some good ass content. Domo arigato, Gesuyarō-san. ^~^ Would you like me to tell you about my life story next? ^_^

Dec 7, 2021 4:27 PM

May 2020
Erebus_Akeldama said:
NickCipolla said:

Nah, I've pretty much given up on algebra sinse I'm learning things that aren't going to apply to my life at this point. I learn a new thing every now and then with English, but I'm pretty sure the knowledge I have now will suffice for the following years of my life. I pretty much have a love-hate relationship with science sinse I think it can be the coolest thing (thanks to Dr. Stone) but oh my gosh I hate physics and I pretty just learn most important scientific things from Youtube and anime. At most I'll maybe use my knowledge of learning knowing how to calculate the speed by multiplying the mass and velocity together in real life I work as an engineer or something, but I probably ain't. As for my language courses, I would like to learn Japanese sinse I would like to get deployed to Japan one day, but I'm currently in Italy so I'm learning Italian and I've been losing interest, but at least I know how to order ice cream and say fuck off, which is pretty much all I need to know if I would want to survive in Italy. If you ever need tips on have to annoy Italians hit me up. I'm also taking essentials of communication but I pretty much know how to work my way around interacting with people, especially people who don't know how to spend their time with their lives and instead goes out of their was to insult people to the point where they need to try and leave at least one insulting message a day so they can feel better about themselves. I loooooooove messing with those kinds of people. Because they actually think they'll have a crack at me and think I'll actually get hurt from their messages. But nah, it's all just entertainment for me and oh my gosh you providing me with some good ass content. Domo arigato, Gesuyarō-san. ^~^ Would you like me to tell you about my life story next? ^_^

didnt read any of that, glad youre almost able to take your driving test tho
Dec 7, 2021 4:30 PM

Dec 2020
NickCipolla said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

didnt read any of that, glad youre almost able to take your driving test tho

Nah, Italian driving tests hit different than from america
I'll just stay chillin and having a nice laugh at your profile comments ^~^

Dec 7, 2021 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
humantwig said:
For my Anime I have 5 with the demographic of Shounen and 5 that don't have a demographic whatsoever.

Gurren Lagann - No Demographic
Hxh - Shounen
FMAB - Shounen
AssClass - Shounen
Steins;Gate - No Demographic
Code Geass - No Demographic
Terror in Resonance - No Demographic
Food Wars - Shounen
A Place further that the universe - No Demographic
GunBuster - Shounen

My Manga
Jjba7 is Shounen and Seinen... So overall I have 3 Seinen and 4 Shounen

Tower of God - No Demographic
JJBA 7 - Shounen and Seinen
Omniscient Reader - No Demographic
Blue Period - Seinen
Chainsaw Man - Shounen
Bastard - No Demographic
Bakuman - Shounen
The Horison - No Demographic
Fire Punch - Shounen
Grand Blue - Seinen

That's an interesting list to make, so... let's (by my memory, I don't look everything up):

ANIME
Attack on Titan - Shounen
D.Gray-man - Shounen
The Twelve Kingdoms - No Demographic
Princess Mononoke - No Demographic
Made in Abyss - No Demographic
The Case Study of Vanitas - Shounen
Banana Fish - Shoujo
Inuyasha - Shounen
Natsume Yuujinchou - Shoujo
Romeo x Juliet - Shoujo
Dororo - Shounen
Wolf's Rain - Seinen
Last Exile - No Demographic
Haibane Renmei - No Demographic
Noir - No Demographic
Eureka Seven - Shounen
Princess Principal - No Demographic
Madoka Magica - No Demographic
Casshern Sins - No Demographic
Spice and Wolf - No Demographic

MANGA
86 - No Demographic
Mo Dao Zu Shi - Josei or No Demographic? I think no.
Claymore - Shounen
Attack on Titan: No Regrets - Shoujo (no, that's not a joke, that was published in a shoujo magazine)
Song of the Long March - Josei?
Tian Guan Ci Fu - Josei?
Noragami - Shounen
No. 6 - Shoujo
Fullmetal Alchemist - Shounen
Jujutsu Kaisen - Shounen
The Promised Neverland - Shounen
Pandora Hearts - Shounen
Tegamibachi - Shounen
Shinsekai Yori - No Demographic
Moribito Series - Josei or Shoujo? I know that a manga adaptation is published in a shoujo magazine
Akatsuki no Yona - Shoujo
Children of the Whales - Shoujo
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - Shounen
7 Seeds - Shoujo
Mermaid Forest - Shounen
removed-userDec 7, 2021 6:37 PM
Dec 7, 2021 6:36 PM

Dec 2020
all my top 3 are shounen lol. although ppl consider aot a seinen...oh well same thing
Dec 7, 2021 8:23 PM

May 2019
none at all

only seinen and other stuff
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 7 hours ago

32 by _FRB_ »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

19 by mizukasa »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

17 by RaymondAnime »»
4 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

43 by KittenCuddler »»
7 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

39 by AverageRiceFan »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.