Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2021 5:29 AM

Jun 2019
Both Will and Menel are on their adventure when they encountered a little girl, Robina Goodfellow (LOL, the name), and Antonio. The good thing was they didn't get hurt because of that giant ape and Will managed to protect them. Robina is so cheerful and adorable. Her singing is great as well.

Also, it was nice to see a little bit of Blood, Mary, and Gus's past together and how they help out others. Will wants to make new friends and looks like two more friends have already joined him. I'm happy for him.
Dec 4, 2021 6:34 AM

Jan 2018
Will's journey continues...
I skipped episode 7.5 which is a recap anyway and almost forgot this was supposed to drop today. Glad it got recommended to me. Gotta say I got hooked right back with the backstories of Mary, Blood and Gus. I'm so intrigued by the world now. I hope Will will meet the elf the three heroes saved and tell her Gus' name and that at least he is still "alive".

So we got two new characters, Bee and Tonio. Bee sure talks a lot doesn't she? Hope it won't get to the point where it's annoying (really bordering that line for me).
Dec 4, 2021 6:37 AM

May 2020
Not surprising Will doesn't know much of their world, so yeah having Menel does helping him a big time.

Robina sure is a lively girl who speaks a lot, so glad to have someone like her too joining Will and Menel in their journey. Now to the city of Whitesails.
Dec 4, 2021 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
The backstory of Blood, Mary and Gus was nice. Both Robina and Antonia are likeable characters. Also they finally reached the city, pretty excited to see what'll happen next.
Dec 4, 2021 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
With new friends brings new development, and the world-building never ceases to amaze. Will sure didn't know that Gracefeel's job is one hell of a peace-keeping Faithful task, but we'll know in time to come. Solve the smaller issues first.

Facing a giant ape was dangerous, but knowing the 2 new companions: the halfling troubabour Robina "Bee" Goodfellow and hawker "Tonio" Antonio provides a new revenue of fun. Will is still quite sheltered, so Menel doing all the negotiation work to lead them to Whitesails, and these 2 prove their business capabilities quite intuitively through villages on the way there.

Hmm, Bee's songs of Heroism about Mary, Blood and Gus sure surprises Will, and it's no surprise that the Three Heroes are very well-rememebered for their dedication and loyalty to the land. Bear in mind that this part is taken from Ch 28, the backstory of the Three Heroes, which IMO adds quite the significance to the anime, which the manga only displayed right after the Whitesails arc.

Tonio asking Will some hard questions, and think of it as a reality check on himself and why he continues to carry the Blessing of Gracefeel wherever he goes, now with friends and companions onto Whitesails...which has a kingdom lord problem outside of the Egbert family, that thankfully didn't exist there.

Reaching Whitesails...and the adventures continue there.
Dec 4, 2021 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
Finally! There's so many developments here and things to look forward to be adapted.

Will finally found some traces of his foster but like real parents to him and we somehow got to see some background story from the three of them. I do wonder what has become of those 2 kids since a human only has a shorter lifespan than the elves, generally speaking and what will Will discover in the city?

I can't wait for another adventure!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 4, 2021 8:18 AM
Dec 2019
Will gets to hear the story about Blood, Mary and Gus. It was nice to see that they are still known in the world. Also Will finally sees a city for the first time. I'm looking forward to the next episode because we get to see inside the city and there might be a succession feud in the palace.

Will is getting more friends too which is nice to see.
Dec 4, 2021 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
It was nice that the Three Heros names are spread throughout the land.

We get the Bard and Merchant now. God I love the DnD impact in this anime.

I hope Will meets the Half Elf one day, that would be awesome.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 4, 2021 9:22 AM
Sep 2015
Such a romantic episode, romantic in a definition of "of, characterized by, or suggestive of an idealized view of reality."
Dec 4, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2021
Last episode was quite weak, but this one redeemed it. Very good.
Dec 4, 2021 11:23 AM
Jul 2021
Good episode, I love Bee and that he's got a party and loved the song and how he got to hear about their last more.
Dec 4, 2021 12:08 PM
Oct 2021
i really liked when they talked about blood mary and augustus 🥲
Dec 4, 2021 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
Probably my favorite episode so far. I really enjoyed it. The anime as a whole seems very hit or miss for me.
Dec 4, 2021 3:24 PM

Aug 2020
Really good ep. I like the songs of this show. Will is finally at Whitesails can't wait for his new encounter.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 4, 2021 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Will is gradually understanding things in these adventures and he continues to meet good people the little girl and very charismatic at times.
Dec 4, 2021 3:48 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This episode felt kinda rushed with how the new characters were introduced to the cast and they very easily decided to follow them and even become friends without much in terms of development. In fact, the only backstories we were able to see clearly were those of the trio, who maybe we have seen enough of in realtion to other characters (I think).

Also, props to Bee for playing that instrument so fast that it looked static!
wait
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM
Mar 2015
The carnival heads to Whitesails
Dec 4, 2021 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
Well this was a very boring watch, the characters are bland.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 4, 2021 6:17 PM
Apr 2020
Bro this show fell off so hard, I was so hype and then boom, garbage. I could not be more disappointed.
Dec 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Jun 2019
Man alive, the animation for this series is so basic, plain, boring, limited, etc. Just God awful. I can't muster enough adjectives to describe how disappointing the animation is for a series and story like this.

And I'm someone, who out of hundreds of series and anime in general watched, never once complained about the animation in a serious and strong manner saying it is a dealbreaker or anything remotely of the sort, and usually think people are being way too harsh, dramatic, and nitpicky when they zero in and harp on every flaw in animation or how cheaper/lower budget shows are drawn and handled.

But this is just so egregious. The action sequences are like a flipbook of a few stills and everything is so low in detail. This is the kind of series that, like any other, has other flaws, but you get the impression has the latent potential to be this amazing epic, but it's just handled so cheaply and poorly and the most unimaginative, lazy, dull execution of every fight, every emotional moment, and every scene in general compared to what could be.

The actual plot points are fine - sometimes even wondrous or thrilling. The animation, writing in terms of pacing and dialogue and characterization, and direction is killing - no, wholesale exterminating the potential of all its positive attributes down to the foundation.
WatchTillTandavaDec 4, 2021 6:34 PM
Dec 4, 2021 10:08 PM

Oct 2016
Really good episode! Will scaring off the monke just bye staring it down was pretty cool. Bee and Tonio are great, more than welcome to have joined the party. Plus, Bee's singing is beautiful, must protecc.

It's really nice to hear stories about Mary, Blood and Gus. I hope we get more of those as Will goes through his journey. I also hope Will gets to meet that elf lady waiting all these time to be able to pay back what they owe.

Port towns are always beautiful and Whitesail is no different, looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 5, 2021 12:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
New place to set up the journey. Its a port town named Whitesail. Ah, a new fellow for Will already arrived after such a scene. Talkative Goodfellow loli halfling, named Robin, and the merchant employee that being tasked temporary by his company to sell items directly through the street, Tonio, Hawker. Interesting combination for the business matters, especially when Will joined up the gang, to give the impact more. While Menel? Well, let the handsome dude chill in the behind, while guarding them. Not that Will need it, tho xd.

Song of heroism, the story of the trio heroes on the past, which also reminded Will again over those three parents. Wonder if Will's journey will get the same treat, being recorded as the song and history like Robin. Its nice to see Tonio kinda reminded Will again about what he wanted at those isekai world. That's it, simple, a friend.

But, what about the noble at the Whitesail town? Lets see how Will handle the situation...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 5, 2021 1:04 AM

Jan 2021
I feel like this show is moving too slow, it does seem like there is some detail in this world though so I hope there is some pay off to these episodes.

Also when that Halfling girl was playing the music, the animation on her using that violin thing was embarrassing, at first I thought she wasn't moving the string because she didn't need to, it used magic or something to play it, but then it showed she was moving it after.

They legit couldn't be bothered to animate movement.

This might be one of the worst animation studio work I have ever seen.
Dec 5, 2021 4:25 AM
Mar 2011
dabdabgoose said:
I feel like this show is moving too slow, it does seem like there is some detail in this world though so I hope there is some pay off to these episodes.

Also when that Halfling girl was playing the music, the animation on her using that violin thing was embarrassing, at first I thought she wasn't moving the string because she didn't need to, it used magic or something to play it, but then it showed she was moving it after.

Stuff like this usually gets corrected in BD releases.

As for the pacing, considering the show is supposed to have only 12 episode, it is incredibly slow. Yes it makes characters more likeable coz we now know their motives and character better but its 4 episodes till end and nothing major has happened. I hope there will be better paced second season of this as I enjoy this overall.
Dec 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
Animation (or lack thereof) aside, this was a good return to form after a couple of episodes with terrible pacing before this. Bee and Tonio round out our cast nicely, and through Bee's songs Will has gained a new source of motivation for his journey into the wider world. Big fan of that theme of Blood, Mary and Guts still having impact on the world long after their two deaths as well.
Dec 5, 2021 7:36 AM

Mar 2010
This anime has integrated with my everyday life. It just felt so natural.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 5, 2021 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
Good god that episode was boring, when does this story actually go somewhere. The pacing means it will be over before anything happens. Or are we just going to get endless flashbacks
Dec 5, 2021 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
now the group is complete making the trip more fun, the next adventure will not be easy to solve

Dec 5, 2021 2:48 PM

Aug 2010
This show's storytelling is so damn bad. Nothing but exposition dumps. You're using the medium of anime, you have the advantage of being able to "show don't tell"
Dec 5, 2021 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
The show started out with great world building and some elements of mystery, but it's quickly turned into a pretty boring and generic series. Such a shame.
Dec 5, 2021 2:57 PM

Oct 2019
Will and Meneldor were finally joined by Antonio and Robina, the two other members of their party we've been seeing in the OP sequence from the start. Antonio and Robina are as different as it gets, but I think they make a great pair, and not just business-wise.

It was quite emotional for Will to find out that Blood, Mary and Gus are still remembered and their deeds are sang by bards. I was surprised that after two full centuries they're still remembered, since people have short memories. I hope Will manages to meet with that half-elf elderly woman, who is almost certainly the last person who met the Big Three and is still alive.
Dec 5, 2021 8:10 PM

Jun 2019
The production issues might be the nail in the coffin for me with this anime.

At its peak this anime has still been bland and unengaging. Restricting it with reduced character movement and almost exclusively doing shot reverse shot is a death sentence. There’s no energy. I feel like I gain nothing from watching this. The ideas that it brings with the gods and divine powers is more interesting than anything that has actually been executed in this anime.

I might drop it here but we’ll see how I feel in a week.
Dec 5, 2021 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
haha Tonio sensed something special towards Will...
oh they finally went to a proper city huh...more adventure incoming!
4/5.

Dec 6, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2021
I liked the two new characters that were introduced, and hope they will have more importance and development as a character later on if they join Will's group.
asdasdsadad
Dec 6, 2021 10:19 PM

Apr 2020
From what I know of the studio producing this anime, I think they did well enough but it's certainly not as good of a anime as mushoku tensei is
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Dec 7, 2021 6:53 AM
Mar 2020
I miss Mary and Blood already.

Plus, Bee is here!!
Dec 8, 2021 11:40 PM

Dec 2020
new characters added to the team!!! old merchant guy and cute musician loli. now all we need is a love interest for will and we're set !!
Dec 9, 2021 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
So much fucking exposition but the world is shaping up ok
Dec 12, 2021 9:05 PM

Nov 2012
Doesn't seem like Menel's mom died at childbirth.
Dec 18, 2021 4:55 AM

Jun 2010
Ah even when I take a break from FFXIV I still can't escape the Lalafell bards...

Dec 23, 2021 1:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Bee and Tonio are pretty good as new friends to join the group, and it's really heartwarming how Bee sang the song about the three heroes, not surprising that Will almost cried hearing they're not forgotten at all, anyway now they reached Whitesails, let's see how it goes.
Jan 22, 2022 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
It was cool hearing more about Blood and the others when they were younger.

Our first city!
Jul 27, 2022 5:09 AM

Jun 2021
I’m glad people still remember Blood, Mary, and Gus. I kind of hope Will meets that elf woman who was saved. I think that would be kind of a nice moment. Looks like Will might be getting tangled in some political stuff soon.
Sep 2, 2022 1:01 PM

Mar 2017
I’m about ready to give up on this anime… the animation is awful and the plot is just weird; it’s so rushed but at the same time nothing is happening! It’s like they’re concentrating on the most boring things.

As far as the characters are concerned: the designs are beautiful but they is no substance to them at all. I’m definitely going to read the LN though cause this has such potential and I’ve heard the LN is really good
May 2, 2023 11:50 PM
Apr 2023
It was nice to hear more stories about Blood and Mary through the (gnome?) lady's song. Also was poignant that the elf is apparently still waiting for them to return (and hopefully there's enough time/episodes to have pay-off on that).

Otherwise still nice to have more backstory on them either way.
Oct 2, 2023 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to ASTRO999
dabdabgoose said:

Stuff like this usually gets corrected in BD releases.

As for the pacing, considering the show is supposed to have only 12 episode, it is incredibly slow. Yes it makes characters more likeable coz we now know their motives and character better but its 4 episodes till end and nothing major has happened. I hope there will be better paced second season of this as I enjoy this overall.
@ASTRO999 Can confirm that this was fixed in the BD release
TV version:

BD version:
Nov 25, 2023 3:06 AM
Dec 2022
A recap episode so soon?!
Jan 25, 5:14 PM
Oct 2019
genuinely liked the song/story at the end about the 3 heroes
Mar 13, 2:14 AM

Dec 2022
My opinion of this anime is steadily climbing. The main party is already looking to be a unique and entertaining group, and it's set up some significant worldbuilding efforts too. It should probably spend more time on individual scenarios though, as I feel like Will is resolving all of them at too quick a pace. Besides that, it's turning out to be pretty good so far.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

86 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.